Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,486 members, 7,954,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:20 AM

Pls I Need Your Advise On My Wedding - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pls I Need Your Advise On My Wedding (827 Views)

My Father Plan To Curse Me On My Wedding Day, What Can I Do? / My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church / Pls I Need Your Advise On My Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need Your Advise On My Wedding by babseg(m): 4:43am On May 30, 2011
Hi Nlanders, I will be getting married in few months time the problem is that I am a catholic igbo man, my fiance also an igbo girl but attends one of the popular gospel churches and my father is knight in the catholic.

The problem is that my dad want us to do the wedding in catholic church while my in-laws tobe are insisting on going to gospel church but if I refuse to be married in catholic church I will be stopped from taking communion and I love this girl what should I do pls advice me.
Re: Pls I Need Your Advise On My Wedding by Azibalua(f): 7:01am On May 30, 2011
Are you a born again Christian.
Re: Pls I Need Your Advise On My Wedding by Joagbaje(m): 8:53am On May 30, 2011
babseg:

Hi Nlanders, I will be getting married in few months time the problem is that I am a catholic igbo man, my fiance also an igbo girl but attends one of the popular gospel churches and my father is knight in the catholic.

I would love you to have answered the question Azi asked you. It's important to know if you're born again.

The problem is that my dad want us to do the wedding in catholic church while my in-laws tobe are insisting on going to gospel church but if I refuse to be married in catholic church I will be stopped from taking communion and I love this girl what should I do pls advice me.

does it mean that if you eventually mary this born again girl she will join you to be worshipping in the catholic church?
Well primarily , you are supposed to wedd in the ladies church. And as much as the Igbo Catholics love to pass their faith to their children, you don't owe your faith to another person. Salvation is personal. That's why it's important to know if you're born again. Because if you are, you don't owe anybody anything. They ought to follow you to the wedding. And if they don't want to, the church still has power to join you too together. You can take communion in your new church. Nobody has right to stop another person from taking the communion just because he got married in another church or even for any other reason ,so long as he is born again.
Re: Pls I Need Your Advise On My Wedding by KunleOshob(m): 10:13am On May 30, 2011
@Joagbaje

Why are you stating the girl is born again just because she attends a 'gospel' church and in the same breadth you are questioning the writer if he is born again?

@ OP
You are just a victim of man made doctrines being presented as the word of God. God does not recognize any denominations, he is more interested your heart and not what ever doctrines various church denominations peddle.
Re: Pls I Need Your Advise On My Wedding by Jenwitemi(m): 10:18am On May 30, 2011
This.
KunleOshob:

@ OP
You are just a victim of man made doctrines being presented as the word of God. God does not recognize any denominations, he is more interested your heart and not what ever doctrines various church denominations peddle.

Re: Pls I Need Your Advise On My Wedding by dare2think: 10:30am On May 30, 2011
OP,

Do what you need to do. You must take both parties serious.
Re: Pls I Need Your Advise On My Wedding by otitokoro1: 10:41am On May 30, 2011

It is simple, you ask your dad this two questions:

1.  Was this how your father did to you?

2.  Can your dad allow your sisters husband to dictate on such issue?

If you dad is bent on this, you need to ask yourself, are you matured enough to head your family?  In as much as the bible will not want us disrespecting our parents, our parents too should not make us angry,

My suggestion to you is these, it is not a sin if you don't do church wedding, Go to resgistry and be legally marrie4d to your wife, If you love her oooo
Re: Pls I Need Your Advise On My Wedding by babseg(m): 11:45am On May 30, 2011
Azibalua:

Are you a born again Christian.

Well I am a devoted Catholic and my fiancé as agreed to attend catholic church with me when we get married. In short she has started attending one where she lives but her parents doesn't know.

Now back to your question, as i am a catholic does that mean I am not born again?
Re: Pls I Need Your Advise On My Wedding by mabell: 1:36pm On May 30, 2011
well she asked if you are born again and not if you are devoted to being a catholic
there are two different things
anybody can be devoted to any religon or church e.t.c
but a man that is born again has accepted the love of christ, has accepted him as Lord over his life and he then has the eternal life of God in him
it's different from just going to church and being in a department
Re: Pls I Need Your Advise On My Wedding by Snowwy: 2:11pm On May 30, 2011
babseg:

Well I am a devoted Catholic and my fiancé as agreed to attend catholic church with me when we get married. In short she has started attending one where she lives but her parents doesn't know.

Now back to your question, as i am a catholic does that mean I am not born again?

I think Joagbaje has answeed your question. Getting married in the lady's chuch should not make any church stop you from taking holy communion.
Usually I know that in Ibo land (if both are ibo), the traditional wedding is done in the wife's place while the church wedding can be done in either the man or woman's church.
However, if the bride is from another tribe, the wedding ceremony is done in the bride's church or bride's parents church.
Please clarify which is the case.

Going to church does not mean you are born-again though it is needed as a born-again Christian.
John 3:16 says that God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believes in Him will not perish.

If you take and confess Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour and believe on Him while confessing and repenting of your sins, then you will be saved and you can say you are born again. So you need to have that personal experience with Christ Jesus.
You will also need to study the holy bible and live your life according to the word and by the help of the Holy Spirit.

KunleOshob:

@Joagbaje

Why are you stating the girl is born again just because she attends a 'gospel' church and in the same breadth you are questioning the writer if he is born again?

@ OP

And how has your post answered the question of the OP? Kindly make it more informative.
Re: Pls I Need Your Advise On My Wedding by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 30, 2011
mabell:

well she asked if you are born again and not if you are devoted to being a catholic
there are two different things
anybody can be devoted to any religon or church e.t.c
but a man that is born again has accepted the love of christ, has accepted him as Lord over his life and he then has the eternal life of God in him
it's different from just going to church and being in a department
how can a person be a devoted catholic and yet not born again? I tire 4 uoo
@poster
you re d man and I beleive u should be d one calling d shots here.traditional wedding should be done at d ladies home while church wedding is done @ d guys church finito, honestly I dont subscribe 2 anyone changing his/her religious affiliation because of marriage/love
Re: Pls I Need Your Advise On My Wedding by mabell: 6:43pm On May 30, 2011
you have come again o
being a catholic is not the criteria for being born again
praying through mary cannot save you as well
you need to embrace jesus

(1) (Reply)

Check One Mystery Behind The Ever Increasing Grace Of God Anywhere On The Earth / Christianity Vs. Islam - The Moral Law By Arnie Gentile ( Part 2 ) / "Oyedepo" in another slapping saga!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.