Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

2023 : We Reject Zoning Of Political Offices - Ebonyi PDP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 : We Reject Zoning Of Political Offices - Ebonyi PDP (11326 Views)

3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos / 9th NASS Leadership: South-east APC Members Meet Today, May Reject Zoning / Sdp's Coalition With APC Not For Political Offices But For Welfare Of Osun -omis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 : We Reject Zoning Of Political Offices - Ebonyi PDP by Karrima: 7:47pm On Oct 03, 2021
PDP the architect of Nigeria's problems.
Re: 2023 : We Reject Zoning Of Political Offices - Ebonyi PDP by kweensheba: 8:09pm On Oct 03, 2021
Zoning is not a totally bad idea. It is a practice borne out of necessity.

Re: 2023 : We Reject Zoning Of Political Offices - Ebonyi PDP by liasmiram2567: 8:23pm On Oct 03, 2021
FVckbubuDcow:
https://westafricaweekly.substack.com/p/cornflakes-for-jihad-the-boko-haram

Southerners please take your time to read the article above.

Continue with your foolery.
Re: 2023 : We Reject Zoning Of Political Offices - Ebonyi PDP by 4four(m): 8:41pm On Oct 03, 2021
Funny people but they are demanding rotation at the national level
Re: 2023 : We Reject Zoning Of Political Offices - Ebonyi PDP by nameo: 8:45pm On Oct 03, 2021
FVckbubuDcow:
https://westafricaweekly.substack.com/p/cornflakes-for-jihad-the-boko-haram

Southerners please take your time to read the article above.

Woo!!!!

Just finished reading this.

Just woo!!!

Very, very troubling
Re: 2023 : We Reject Zoning Of Political Offices - Ebonyi PDP by CXLVII: 8:58pm On Oct 03, 2021
tutudesz:
You reject zoning in Ebonyi state, but accept zoning of presidential ticket to SouthEast undecided undecided
Zoning of political office is the only way rotating power among each zone at state level and federal level.

And where then do you put democracy when zoning exist?

Let everyone fight for a spot. That’s democracy!

Every party should be fair in their elections and let a candidate emerge.

Let me tell you the truth and bitter truth, any party that brings an Ibo candidate is dead on arrival

It will be easier for an American to become the president of Nigeria than an IBo man

Just make him vice and party will still lose.

Any other option will be an option at that point

The hate lots have sowed is beyond redemption

So you expect APC and PDP to bring up and Ibo candidate? They even won’t date to do. Even as a vice, it will take a lot of hard work

Absolutely no candidate to sell

Okorocha that was viable has been politically stabbed. So for now, no eastern candidate can sell nationwide. Not even Orji Kalu
Re: 2023 : We Reject Zoning Of Political Offices - Ebonyi PDP by ThinkSmarter: 9:14pm On Oct 03, 2021
Penguin2:
Afikpo bloc in PDP try to play stupid game.

2023 is for Ebonyi North(Izzi).

If PDP presents any fool, we vote APC if they give us an Izzi man.

#IzziAgenda2023 is non-negotiable!

Ndi ara!
It is negotiable bro.
Ezzas are way smarter than you guys politically.
Ezzas know how to unite themselves and form an alliance with Ikwo the smart lastborn.
Why u guys keep nursing grudges and sentiments that won't do u any good.
Re: 2023 : We Reject Zoning Of Political Offices - Ebonyi PDP by tutudesz: 9:31pm On Oct 03, 2021
CXLVII:

And where then do you put democracy when zoning exist?

Let everyone fight for a spot. That’s democracy!

Every party should be fair in their elections and let a candidate emerge.

Let me tell you the truth and bitter truth, any party that brings an Ibo candidate is dead on arrival

It will be easier for an American to become the president of Nigeria than an IBo man

Just make him vice and party will still lose.

Any other option will be an option at that point

The hate lots have sowed is beyond redemption

So you expect APC and PDP to bring up and Ibo candidate? They even won’t date to do. Even as a vice, it will take a lot of hard work

Absolutely no candidate to sell

Okorocha that was viable has been politically stabbed. So for now, no eastern candidate can sell nationwide. Not even Orji Kalu
Some senatorial zone can never produce Governor's in some state due to their number, zoning is best way of sharing power.
Re: 2023 : We Reject Zoning Of Political Offices - Ebonyi PDP by Sunday2021: 9:40pm On Oct 03, 2021
Terrence99:
Okay. That means Fulanis from Mali are now free to contest in Ebonyi.

Thanks to Mustapha Umahi.
I thought even a foolish man get shame but what I saw in your write up says otherwise.
Where did you fulani written in that statement?
Re: 2023 : We Reject Zoning Of Political Offices - Ebonyi PDP by Sunday2021: 9:44pm On Oct 03, 2021
PDP is confused, they want zoning in the federal but they don't want zoning in the state. Why?
Re: 2023 : We Reject Zoning Of Political Offices - Ebonyi PDP by Terrence99: 9:44pm On Oct 03, 2021
Sunday2021:
I thought even a foolish man get shame but what I saw in your write up says otherwise.
Where did you fulani written in that statement?

My brother, I didn't insult you. Why are you insulting me?
Re: 2023 : We Reject Zoning Of Political Offices - Ebonyi PDP by Sunday2021: 9:55pm On Oct 03, 2021
Terrence99:

My brother, I didn't insult you. Why are you insulting me?
I didn't insult you I only tell you to stop bringing tribal sentiment.
Re: 2023 : We Reject Zoning Of Political Offices - Ebonyi PDP by Penguin2: 10:56pm On Oct 03, 2021
ThinkSmarter:
It is negotiable bro.
Ezzas are way smarter than you guys politically.
Ezzas know how to unite themselves and form an alliance with Ikwo the smart lastborn.
Why u guys keep nursing grudges and sentiments that won't do u any good.

Are Ezzas smarter, I don’t know.

Are they more united, I don’t know.

But one thing is simple; power is coming to Ebonyi North and this time it’s Izzi turn after Egwu went for Ngbo and that is non-negotiable as I said before.

Ezza should wait for their turn in 2031 except we are tired of peace in Ebonyi and want it fired up.

Tokwehu!
Re: 2023 : We Reject Zoning Of Political Offices - Ebonyi PDP by ThinkSmarter: 11:42pm On Oct 03, 2021
Penguin2:

But one thing is simple; power is coming to Ebonyi North and this time it’s Izzi turn after Egwu went for Ngbo and that is non-negotiable as I said before.

Ezza should wait for their turn in 2031 except we are tired of peace in Ebonyi and want it fired up.

Tokwehu!

Tokwehu nwunnem.
But, let's stop using conflicts/shedding of human blood to cajole others into getting power.
Re: 2023 : We Reject Zoning Of Political Offices - Ebonyi PDP by Penguin2: 12:54am On Oct 04, 2021
ThinkSmarter:
Tokwehu nwunnem.
But, let's stop using conflicts/shedding of human blood to cajole others into getting power.

“Those who make peaceful resolution of conflict impossible, make violent revolution inevitable”.

Just like what is happening at the center where we are talking about power coming to the south and the North think are chess masters and are trying to engage in sophistry of how competence should come above zoning.

That’s what some of you wanna do in Ebonyi.

Why should everyone get their share when it was their turn, now it is the turn of Izzi, u guys think you can engage in sophistry and rationalism of how it can start from anywhere since it has gone round.

Every right thinking Ebonyian who wants peace for Ebonyi knows it the turn of Izzi people. But if you guys think you wanna use sophistry and ‘smartness’ to rationalize what is due to us out of Izzi, then we won’t be responsible for whatever Ebonyi becomes.
Re: 2023 : We Reject Zoning Of Political Offices - Ebonyi PDP by ThinkSmarter: 3:10am On Oct 04, 2021
Penguin2:

“Those who make peaceful resolution of conflict impossible, make violent revolution inevitable”.

Just like what is happening at the center where we are talking about power coming to the south and the North think are chess masters and are trying to engage in sophistry of how competence should come above zoning.

That’s what some of you wanna do in Ebonyi.

Why should everyone get their share when it was their turn, now it is the turn of Izzi, u guys think you can engage in sophistry and rationalism of how it can start from anywhere since it has gone round.

Every right thinking Ebonyian who wants peace for Ebonyi knows it the turn of Izzi people. But if you guys think you wanna use sophistry and ‘smartness’ to rationalize what is due to us out of Izzi, then we won’t be responsible for whatever Ebonyi becomes.
lol, my instincts tell me you are an Izzi elite.
In the likes of Nwebonyi, Nwifuru, etc
I quite, agree with you that Izzi deserve to be governor, just like Ezza.
They have been patient enough, but they shouldn't resort to violence to get what they want.
l suggest the Abakaliki brothers Ezza, Ikwo ,Izzi and probably Mgbo try and reach on a consensus /compromise.
Don't instigate conflict, it will undermine our sociopolitical development as a people.
Enough of the one already committed.
I know Izzis to be very gentle and hospitable people.
Don't destroy that your goodwill/reputation due to political desperation.
Ikwo and Ezza are more notorious.
The warlords of the two clans are salvages.
I'm an Ikwo man, and I am just being honest in my analysis.
I suggest you guys should lobby your brother clans.
Don't spill any blood again.
Please I beg of you.
Let's settle amicable.
I felt so bad on how the innocent souls of the children that went to their brothers matriculation were all murdered in cold blood.
I felt so bad on how young children were kidnapped and murdered in cold blood.
Don't provoke the conscious universe to wrath.
Else, it will revenge against the masterminds and perpetrators of the heinous acts.
Enough of the killings.

1 Like

Re: 2023 : We Reject Zoning Of Political Offices - Ebonyi PDP by Penguin2: 7:16am On Oct 04, 2021
ThinkSmarter:
lol, my instincts tell me you are an Izzi elite.
In the likes of Nwebonyi, Nwifuru, etc
I quite, agree with you that Izzi deserve to be governor, just like Ezza.
They have been patient enough, but they shouldn't resort to violence to get what they want.
l suggest the Abakaliki brothers Ezza, Ikwo ,Izzi and probably Mgbo try and reach on a consensus /compromise.
Don't instigate conflict, it will undermine our sociopolitical development as a people.
Enough of the one already committed.
I know Izzis to be very gentle and hospitable people.
Don't destroy that your goodwill/reputation due to political desperation.
Ikwo and Ezza are more notorious.
The warlords of the two clans are salvages.
I'm an Ikwo man, and I am just being honest in my analysis.
I suggest you guys should lobby your brother clans.
Don't spill any blood again.
Please I beg of you.
Let's settle amicable.
I felt so bad on how the innocent souls of the children that went to their brothers matriculation were all murdered in cold blood.
I felt so bad on how young children were kidnapped and murdered in cold blood.
Don't provoke the conscious universe to wrath.
Else, it will revenge against the masterminds and perpetrators of the heinous acts.
Enough of the killings.

Lol!

Am I an Izzi elite in the league of Nwebonyi and Nwifuru? I don’t know.

But I’m happy you admitted Ndu Izhi are known to be humble and gentle people. But what do you do when people think they can take advantage of your humility because they think you can’t do anything? I’m sure you will react.

They Igbo have been known through centuries as peace loving people who place a lot of value on life until they were pushed to the wall which birthed the radical IPOB group and everyone is now on the run.

Instead of asking the Izzi to go seek consensus with Ezza, Ikwo and Ngbo, enlightened people like you should join telling your people and Ndu Ezza to calm down and allow Izhi take what is it’s share.

If after 2031 the Izhi say they wanna retain power, that’s when you will know we are looking for trouble.

About 2023, even as I admit that politics is about consensus, don’t expect Ndu Izhi to go bending the knee for anybody for what is duly ours!

God rest the souls departed be the way!
Re: 2023 : We Reject Zoning Of Political Offices - Ebonyi PDP by murphyibiam15(m): 8:06am On Oct 04, 2021
ThinkSmarter:
Tokwehu nwunnem.
He must be stupid person trying to use violence to grab power, what a cave man he is.
Re: 2023 : We Reject Zoning Of Political Offices - Ebonyi PDP by murphyibiam15(m): 8:07am On Oct 04, 2021
Penguin2:

Tokwehu!

Only a cave man like you threaten others with violence like you're immune to it, what a stupid comment
Re: 2023 : We Reject Zoning Of Political Offices - Ebonyi PDP by ThinkSmarter: 8:12am On Oct 04, 2021
Penguin2:

Lol!

Am I an Izzi elite in the league of Nwebonyi and Nwifuru? I don’t know.

But I’m happy you admitted Ndu Izhi are known to be humble and gentle people. But what do you do when people think they can take advantage of your humility because they think you can’t do anything? I’m sure you will react.

They Igbo have been known through centuries as peace loving people who place a lot of value on life until they were pushed to the wall which birthed the radical IPOB group and everyone is now on the run.

Instead of asking the Izzi to go seek consensus with Ezza, Ikwo and Ngbo, enlightened people like you should join telling your people and Ndu Ezza to calm down and allow Izhi take what is it’s share.

If after 2031 the Izhi say they wanna retain power, that’s when you will know we are looking for trouble.

About 2023, even as I admit that politics is about consensus, don’t expect Ndu Izhi to go bending the knee for anybody for what is duly ours!

God rest the souls departed be the way!
Don't be offended sir, I can sense you are an intelligent person but have high Ego.
And you need to put off that your cloth of ego.
U also need to be in tune with the reality.
This is democratic elections and not an appointment.
And political lobbying is not weakness but part of the democratic process.
What if any of the leading political parties feeds in an Izzi candidate and the person loses to the candidate of other political party from different clan?
What if an Izzi person wins during 2023 and runs and loses during 2027?
By the way, we from Ikwo that are pro APC, (Chiboy Group) are routing for Engr. Elias Mbam.
Don't know the governor's interest though.
Re: 2023 : We Reject Zoning Of Political Offices - Ebonyi PDP by Penguin2: 9:02am On Oct 04, 2021
ThinkSmarter:
Don't be offended sir, I can sense you are an intelligent person but have high Ego.
And you need to put off that your cloth of ego.
U also need to be in tune with the reality.
This is democratic elections and not an appointment.
And political lobbying is not weakness but part of the democratic process.
What if any of the leading political parties feeds in an Izzi candidate and the person loses to the candidate of other political party from different clan?
What if an Izzi person wins during 2023 and runs and loses during 2027?
By the way, we from Ikwo that are pro APC, (Chiboy Group) are routing for Engr. Elias Mbam.
Don't know the governor's interest though.

Upon what antecedents are you guys basing your support for Engr. Elias Mbam?

What did he do as Commissioner of Works in Ebonyi?

What did he do as Minister of Finance?

What has he done as chairman of RMFAC?

What has anyone around him benefited from him for all the positions he has occupied?

What happened to Nwifuru?
Re: 2023 : We Reject Zoning Of Political Offices - Ebonyi PDP by Penguin2: 9:05am On Oct 04, 2021
murphyibiam15:

Only a cave man like you threaten others with violence like you're immune to it, what a stupid comment

Afikpo man!

It’s needless engaging in war of words with you.

You can actually tell your fellow Afikpo brothers/Sisters to also join the contest.

U hear?
Re: 2023 : We Reject Zoning Of Political Offices - Ebonyi PDP by murphyibiam15(m): 9:23am On Oct 04, 2021
Penguin2:

Afikpo man!

It’s needless engaging in war of words with you.

You can actually tell your fellow Afikpo brothers/Sisters to also join the contest.

U hear?
Lol, no one fears threat , you hear?
If for anything the Governorship position has been well rotated amongst the senatorial districts in Ebonyi which is fair. If it should go back to Ebonyi North District which you happen to belong you should lobby the rest of the clans in your zones that's politics, no one hands it over to you. Afterall your clan already has the location of the state capital. Be wise, be civil
Re: 2023 : We Reject Zoning Of Political Offices - Ebonyi PDP by ThinkSmarter: 11:40am On Oct 04, 2021
Penguin2:

Upon what antecedents are you guys basing your support for Engr. Elias Mbam?

What did he do as Commissioner of Works in Ebonyi?

What did he do as Minister of Finance?

What has he done as chairman of RMFAC?

What has anyone around him benefited from him for all the positions he has occupied?

What happened to Nwifuru?

lol, e Don start.
U re already opposing one of your own.
If care is not taking, others will take advantage of your disharmony come 2023.
Mbam was never a finance minister.
He is/was a Chairman Revenue and fiscal allocation board.
You can recall that Umahi never did anything to his Ohaozara people while he was deputy to Elechi.
But you can't say same of Umahi right now.
Access to funds matters, Some political appointees are just salary earners with no access to funds for projects execution and empowerment.
Concerning Nwifuru, I think he is not well thought of in many quarters.
He was fingered to have masterminded the violence against the opposition(Labour party members) during 2015 gubernatorial election in Ebonyi.
He was also alleged to be the instigator of the crisis that ensued between Ikwo and Izzi people of recent that escalated to the state capital.
I think he should be focused on redeeming his image.
#Integrity and good #Reputation counts in #Politics.
Re: 2023 : We Reject Zoning Of Political Offices - Ebonyi PDP by ThinkSmarter: 11:43am On Oct 04, 2021
murphyibiam15:

He must be stupid person trying to use violence to grab power, what a cave man he is.
my brother.
And he thinks he can intimidate the duo of Ikwo and Ezza or even one of theses two clans.
Re: 2023 : We Reject Zoning Of Political Offices - Ebonyi PDP by Penguin2: 12:30pm On Oct 04, 2021
murphyibiam15:

Lol, no one fears threat , you hear?
If for anything the Governorship position has been well rotated amongst the senatorial districts in Ebonyi which is fair. If it should go back to Ebonyi North District which you happen to belong you should lobby the rest of the clans in your zones that's politics, no one hands it over to you. Afterall your clan already has the location of the state capital. Be wise, be civil

Why not say the North already has Abuja therefore they should never have power?
Re: 2023 : We Reject Zoning Of Political Offices - Ebonyi PDP by Penguin2: 12:48pm On Oct 04, 2021
ThinkSmarter:
lol, e Don start.
U re already opposing one of your own.
If care is not taking, others will take advantage of your disharmony come 2023.
Mbam was never a finance minister.
He is/was a Chairman Revenue and fiscal allocation board.
You can recall that Umahi never did anything to his Ohaozara people while he was deputy to Elechi.
But you can't say same of Umahi right now.
Access to funds matters, Some political appointees are just salary earners with no access to funds for projects execution and empowerment.
Concerning Nwifuru, I think he is not well thought of in many quarters.
He was fingered to have masterminded the violence against the opposition(Labour party members) during 2015 gubernatorial election in Ebonyi.
He was also alleged to be the instigator of the crisis that ensued between Ikwo and Izzi people of recent that escalated to the state capital.
I think he should be focused on redeeming his image.
#Integrity and good #Reputation counts in #Politics.

Just like what the north do to the South where they choose who they like from the south to become president and not who the South like...

That’s what u guys wanna do.

You guys don’t care who the Izzi like, it is who u like out of Izzi.

Now you accusing Nwifuru of whatever just like giving a dog a bad name to hang it.

As much as your argument of Engr Mbam having not been in an executive position which has made him not do anything for anyone is valid, how about those who are personally close to him?

I know Mbam’s home at Nwofe, I have a classmate who graduated with first class from the university that is closely related to him. That guy stayed in his house in Abuja for months and he couldn’t help him until he left to Lagos to drive Keke. Many other tales abound too.

What executive position has Chinedu Oga held? Are you possibly not one of the beneficiaries of Oga’s benevolence? Can you count how many people that Oga has used his influence to put in the Army, Police, NDLEA, Federal Civil Service, etc? Can you? Shouldn’t Engr Mbam be more influential than Oga?

Have you seen the issue I have with you people’s sophistry?

And please find attached a pictorial evidence that Mbam was former Minister of State for Finance.

Re: 2023 : We Reject Zoning Of Political Offices - Ebonyi PDP by Ekpeitit(m): 1:01pm On Oct 04, 2021
DOT NATION politics.
Re: 2023 : We Reject Zoning Of Political Offices - Ebonyi PDP by ThinkSmarter: 2:49pm On Oct 04, 2021
Penguin2:

Just like what the north do to the South where they choose who they like from the south to become president and not who the South like...

That’s what u guys wanna do.

You guys don’t care who the Izzi like, it is who u like out of Izzi.

Now you accusing Nwifuru of whatever just like giving a dog a bad name to hang it.

As much as your argument of Engr Mbam having not been in an executive position which has made him not do anything for anyone is valid, how about those who are personally close to him?

I know Mbam’s home at Nwofe, I have a classmate who graduated with first class from the university that is closely related to him. That guy stayed in his house in Abuja for months and he couldn’t help him until he left to Lagos to drive Keke. Many other tales abound too.
u maybe right, but let's wait to see where the kingmakers are pointing their fingers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Finance Minister Zainab, Soludo, Peterside Advocate Fuel Subsidy Removal / NLC / TUC Commence Strike January 9, 2012. / Jonathan Effects Minor Cabinet Reshuffle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.