Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,987 members, 7,828,493 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Nigerian King Builds School With No Fees, Free Hostel, Free Food & Teaches There - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian King Builds School With No Fees, Free Hostel, Free Food & Teaches There (442 Views)

Man Storms Ogun School With Thugs To Attack Teacher Who Beat His Daughter / Nigerian King Builds School With No School Fees, Free Hostel, Free Food, And Eve / Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian King Builds School With No Fees, Free Hostel, Free Food & Teaches There by prof2007: 10:08pm On Oct 03, 2021
At Abolarin College in Oke-Ila, Osun State, students pay NO school fees; enjoy free hostel, free food, free internet, free uniform, free laptop for every child, and 24 hours power supply; and all these expenses are paid by the town’s king. What is the most shocking is that the king teaches too in the school.

What makes this school remarkable is that one major criterion for getting admitted is being poor. If your parents are rich, you cannot get admission. Unlike other schools, Abolarin College wants poor kids who are very brilliant. If you are poor but brilliant, the king will admit you!

The king believes poor brilliant kids should also be given an equal opportunity to become something in life- so that the future does not belong only to those born with silver spoons. The king himself has a law degree and a master's degree in law, and he also teaches in the school.

From what we gathered, the king has only one wife. Obviously, he is not using the money of the kingdom to accumulate wives or properties; instead he is investing it in the education of future leaders while he aims to reduce the burden of illiteracy in society. For him, it doesn’t matter the religion, it is not about nepotism, neither is it restricted to Yoruba children nor only children from Oke Ila; it is about any less privileged child anywhere who is willing to be educated. That is why the only criteria for admission are poverty and brilliance.

Many of those kids previously hawked pepper, sachet water, fruits etc. Some came from farms where all they did was work under the hot sun weeding and planting. Many are orphans, hawkers, child labourers, delinquents, children of petty traders, but now they have hope, and not just hope, a future.

Some Kings may have more money than this king, but in years to come, King Abolarin's impact will take him to the echelons of greatness. What if we also have many Northern Sultans and Emir engaging in this? All across history, change begins with just a man! Dare to live differently, making an impact.

Kabiyesi oooo !!!!!

SOURCE: https://www.gist mania.com/talk/topic,517168.0.html

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian King Builds School With No Fees, Free Hostel, Free Food & Teaches There by Treasure17(m): 10:15pm On Oct 03, 2021
A remarkable gesture I must say. Long live the king!
Re: Nigerian King Builds School With No Fees, Free Hostel, Free Food & Teaches There by KallmemrB0: 10:38pm On Oct 03, 2021
Sadly nobody will publicise this because its not Big brother Nigeria....

You won't see Tunde ednut on this

This is a forever Legacy.. God bless the king
Re: Nigerian King Builds School With No Fees, Free Hostel, Free Food & Teaches There by BabbanBura(m): 11:09pm On Oct 03, 2021
My kind of aspiration, soon I will get there!
Re: Nigerian King Builds School With No Fees, Free Hostel, Free Food & Teaches There by Chimeluv(f): 11:16pm On Oct 03, 2021
Nice one smiley
Re: Nigerian King Builds School With No Fees, Free Hostel, Free Food & Teaches There by illicit(m): 3:46am On Oct 04, 2021
Good king
Re: Nigerian King Builds School With No Fees, Free Hostel, Free Food & Teaches There by UBER99Sam: 4:36am On Oct 04, 2021
Treasure17:
A remarkable gesture I must say. Long live the king!

Yes indeed, like the French say: Vive le roi ! We pray for long life, good health, peace and prosperity, for this exceptionally unique monarch.

This world really needs more like him.
Re: Nigerian King Builds School With No Fees, Free Hostel, Free Food & Teaches There by EmperorTolson: 7:27am On Oct 04, 2021
Where in Osun do you live?
I live in Ikirun.
I'd love to meet you if you're close.
Re: Nigerian King Builds School With No Fees, Free Hostel, Free Food & Teaches There by NaijaphiliaBlog: 10:09pm On Nov 15, 2021
This is credit worthy. For more info/photos of the school and King Abolarin, check:

https://naijaphilia.com/2021/11/15/nigerian-king-builds-school-with-no-fees-free-hostel-free-food-also-teaches-there/

(1) (Reply)

I Am Friggin' Tired Of It All / How To Become An Academic Advisor? / What International Money Transfer Apps Work In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.