Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,774 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law (35372 Views)

PANDORA PAPERS: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law / Pandora Papers: Inside The Secret Assets Of Nigerian Lawmaker Nicholas Mutu / Pandora Papers: Inside Dapo Abiodun's secret businesses & How He Broke The Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by FuckOsuPigs: 11:51am On Oct 04, 2021
Jimasun:

Why can't you write your own on Tinubu?
Are you paralysed?

You get bad mouth grin

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by djon78(m): 11:54am On Oct 04, 2021
onumadu:
This has 2023 elections written all over it.
Not holding brief for Peter Obi, but the hatchet jobber's aim is to knock out the most credible Igbo candidate for 2023 in hope that somehow it would go to south west.
One of these days these people will see clearly that Igbo are not interested in any Nigeria presidency.
Igbo just want out of the snake pit of treachery. .

Exactly

He is there biggest threat in South PDP presidential hopefuls

So they will look for anything to smear him

I was looking for a money laundering charge
But nothing

Peter obi is squeaky clean
There is no politician down South his match

And he has credible businesses around doing very well from Fidelity Bank, to Next malls etc

Peter obi is no match for them
Most of this politicians
Once they leave office
They go broke

But Peter obi was already a multi billionaire way before he became Anambra State governor
And he is still powering

They are not a match for him
That's why this campaign of calumny

2 Likes

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by Qualer: 12:05pm On Oct 04, 2021
Nonpartisan1:
Peter Obi the lying crook broke 3 Laws of the Federal Republic Of Nigeria:

1. He secretly set up Chains of business concerns abroad 4 years after becoming Governor, ( Probably from the money he stole from Anambra state common patrimony)

Offence:
In Nigeria, a person is statutorily obligated to withdraw from engaging in or directing a private business, except if it is farming, upon becoming a public officer, Section Six (6) of the Code of Conduct Bureau and Tribunal Act stipulates.

2. Peter IPOB Obi, did not declare this asset, even after stealing Anambra people's money to establish them.

Offence:
Nigerian public officers are required to declare “immediately after taking office and thereafter all” their properties, assets, and liabilities and those of his (or her) unmarried children under the age of eighteen years,” Nigeria’s 1999 Constitution stipulates (Section 11, Part of the Fifth Schedule).

3. He operated a foreign account while serving as Governor of Anambra state.
The former governor could be charged with failing to declare his offshore holdings and their associated assets and operating foreign accounts while being a public officer.

Offence:
The Nigerian constitution and the Code of Conduct Bureau and Tribunal Act forbid a public officer from maintaining or operating a bank account outside Nigeria. However, as a governor, Mr. Obi continued to operate and maintain foreign accounts, including with Lloyds TSB.

These crooks from the rising sun. When they are not into drugs, 419, terrorism, they are definitely into something more sinister like the case of the soft spoken thief called Peter Obi.

Tufiakwa.

maybe before you start exhibiting your stupidity in public, go and read about Peter Obi before he became Governor.
You think he is like your crooks and political jobbers and stealers in government??

2 Likes

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by realglob(m): 12:12pm On Oct 04, 2021
Nonpartisan1:
Peter Obi the lying crook broke 3 Laws of the Federal Republic Of Nigeria:

1. He secretly set up Chains of business concerns abroad 4 years after becoming Governor, ( Probably from the money he stole from Anambra state common patrimony)

Offence:
In Nigeria, a person is statutorily obligated to withdraw from engaging in or directing a private business, except if it is farming, upon becoming a public officer, Section Six (6) of the Code of Conduct Bureau and Tribunal Act stipulates.

2. Peter IPOB Obi, did not declare this asset, even after stealing Anambra people's money to establish them.

Offence:
Nigerian public officers are required to declare “immediately after taking office and thereafter all” their properties, assets, and liabilities and those of his (or her) unmarried children under the age of eighteen years,” Nigeria’s 1999 Constitution stipulates (Section 11, Part of the Fifth Schedule).

3. He operated a foreign account while serving as Governor of Anambra state.
The former governor could be charged with failing to declare his offshore holdings and their associated assets and operating foreign accounts while being a public officer.

Offence:
The Nigerian constitution and the Code of Conduct Bureau and Tribunal Act forbid a public officer from maintaining or operating a bank account outside Nigeria. However, as a governor, Mr. Obi continued to operate and maintain foreign accounts, including with Lloyds TSB.

These crooks from the rising sun. When they are not into drugs, 419, terrorism, they are definitely into something more sinister like the case of the soft spoken thief called Peter Obi.

Tufiakwa.

Peter Obi is a lesser evil.
They are not exposing sponsors of Boko Haram and bandits but are wasting money to investigate Peter Obi. If that man was not clean, they would not be digging this far to indicate him.
Nigeria does not worth having Peter Obi as a public servant.
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by AfonjaConehead: 12:16pm On Oct 04, 2021
barcaboi:

I bn wan type long epistle but the one wey sweet me Na Yoruba create this platform wey u dey

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by Okoroawusa: 12:25pm On Oct 04, 2021
onumadu:
This has 2023 elections written all over it.
Not holding brief for Peter Obi, but the hatchet jobber's aim is to knock out the most credible Igbo candidate for 2023 in hope that somehow it would go to south west.
One of these days these people will see clearly that Igbo are not interested in any Nigeria presidency.
Igbo just want out of the snake pit of treachery. .
Bro, have you taken time to read what you wrote? You are contradicting yourself nah!
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by suffering: 12:25pm On Oct 04, 2021
If the write-up isn’t long then it isn’t from a Nigerian daily. 2021 and their brains are still in 1993 format. I didn’t read, I won’t read and I don’t see how the news is useful to my existence. Peppersoup and Heineken sure pass.
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by LastProphet: 12:36pm On Oct 04, 2021
ruggedtimi:
omo no be only peter obi Dem talk about...wait more revelations are coming out. He touch everybody no worry. More names like pep guardiola man city's coach was mentioned. So is not political or tribalism.
Already there is call for pakistan prime minister to resign after he was exposed in the pandora papers. So no be small thing

Yes I know but why is Peter Obi the first Nigerian of all the horribly corrupt people we have in nigeria? haba Peter Obi that was the only Governor that left N67Billionn in state account and nerly tarred all the roads in Anambra and won MDG award for being the governor that implemented the millennium goals the most? Haba!! And all they could pin is hidden account and hidden companies?
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by galaxy2020(m): 12:48pm On Oct 04, 2021
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by Academicwizman(m): 12:51pm On Oct 04, 2021
ivolt:

Cite the part of our law that makes it illegal, I am waiting.

Is there a difference between an alleged account and asset?

Paragraph 11, 5th Schedule (Code of Conduct)

[/quote]11. (1) Subject to the provisions of this Constitution, every public officer shall within three months after the coming into force of this Code of Conduct or immediately after taking office and thereafter -

(a) at the end of every four years; and
(b) at the end of his term of office, submit to the Code of Conduct Bureau a written declaration of all his properties, assets, and liabilities and those of his unmarried children under the age of eighteen years.
(2) Any statement in such declaration that is found to be false by any authority or person authorised in that behalf to verify it shall be deemed to be a breach of this Code.
(3) Any property or assets acquired by a public officer after any declaration required under this Constitution and which is not fairly attributable to income, gift, or loan approved by this Code shall be deemed to have been acquired in breach of this Code unless the contrary is proved.

Check 1a particularly
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by amuwo1980: 1:06pm On Oct 04, 2021
Trash , is that all ? We have major issues happening and you doing a hack job for ur Fulani warlords that have exploited this country to finish and made u and yr siblings poor
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by Westes: 1:10pm On Oct 04, 2021
Come on go and sit down in all dis your rubbish where did he ever steal public funds.. Most Nigerians Evade Taxes not in a place where your taxes are looted... If you whr paid abeg move to the next One.
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by RazorEdge: 1:11pm On Oct 04, 2021
Nonpartisan1:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/487997-pandora-papers-inside-peter-obis-secret-businesses-and-how-he-broke-the-law.html

We can now all see that these politicians have all laid down a lifetime of wealth for themselves and families outside our shores. They heat up our polity and make us kill ourselves for them. They appear as if they love us, but in actual fact, they are the source of our end. Greedy, self centred, self serving charlatans. These men don't really care about us (in Michael Jackson's voice). God will expose all of them and I pray our eyes are opened to the truth to see these people for who they truly are - Demons in human form.
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by LegendHero(m): 1:15pm On Oct 04, 2021
WhatCanIsay:
I was geared up to see something at least tantalising, something that will shatter my hopes on the man. What I saw is what almost every business man does whether big or small; to find ways to reduce the burden of tax. If this is the biggest thing the Pandora can find from Peter Obi, dem no try at all at all.

Find something more juicy ni.

Have you ever asked yourself why the company operation is in secrecy? That there is your answer.

We have always known Peter Obi is a crook. The same man that invested state money in his personal business.

A killer that sponsored the death of his people by Awkuzu sars and never brought them to justice. A silent killer who looked on while doctors strike for 13 month during his term.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by MENELIIK: 1:44pm On Oct 04, 2021
CrazyGranddad:
At least Igbos are not mining skulls.

They are consuming skulls and if you doubt me ask Clifford "Cannibal" Orji
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by WhatCanIsay(m): 2:12pm On Oct 04, 2021
LegendHero:

Have you ever asked yourself why the company operation is in secrecy? That there is your answer.

We have always known Peter Obi is a crook. The same man that invested state money in his personal business.

A killer that sponsored the death of his people by Awkuzu sars and never brought them to justice. A silent killer who looked on while doctors strike for 13 month during his term.

Ask yourself why Buhari said he doesn't have money to buy presidential ticket in 2014, why he said that he borrowed money from the bank for same while his children wer in foreign universities. He was driving cars that were bulletproof, his wife was donating millions.

Sars killed in Lagos more than in any state in Nigeria, what is the difference there? Why are you not mentioning the state governors there as murderers using SARS?

If the portion of your brain that makes you a tribal bigot is wiped out this very second, you will surely say that Peter Obi is better than any politician in the Nigeria polity as of today. He is an imperfect man with his hidden skeletons just like them all, but at least he is practical and result oriented.

Daalụ

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by LegendHero(m): 2:15pm On Oct 04, 2021
WhatCanIsay:

Ask yourself why Buhari said he doesn't have money to buy presidential ticket in 2014, why he said that he borrowed money from the bank for same while his children wer in foreign universities. He was driving cars that were bulletproof, his wife was donating millions.

Sars killed in Lagos more than in any state in Nigeria, what is the difference there? Why are you not mentioning the state governors there as murderers using SARS?

If the portion of your brain that makes you a tribal bigot is wiped out this very second, you will surely say that Peter Obi is better than any politician in the Nigeria polity as of today. He is an imperfect man with his hidden skeletons just like them all, but at least he is practical and result oriented.

Daalụ

Lol are we talking about Buhari here?

I thought you all claimed Tinubu and Sanwoolu sent the army to Lekki or what changed today?

Just admit Peter Obi the lying crook and butcher of Awkusu is a notorious thief and a hardcore pretender.

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by UnabashedIPOB: 2:18pm On Oct 04, 2021
All LIEGERIAN politicians are CROOKS. I would have been shocked if NO LIEGERIAN politician's name appeared on any of the leaked documents. I am sure there are many more not just Peter Obi.
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by WhatCanIsay(m): 2:19pm On Oct 04, 2021
LegendHero:

Lol are we talking about Buhari here?

I thought you all claimed Tinubu and Sanwoolu sent the army to Lekki or what changed today?

Just admit Peter Obi the lying crook and butcher of Awkusu is a notorious thief and a hardcore pretender.

So you are saying that Tinubu and Sanwoolu are murderers too?
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by LegendHero(m): 2:20pm On Oct 04, 2021
WhatCanIsay:

So you are saying that Tinubu and Sanwoolu are murderers too?

I’ll answer when you admit Peter Obi the Butcher of Awkusu is a murderer!

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by WhatCanIsay(m): 2:20pm On Oct 04, 2021
LegendHero:

I’ll answer when you admit Peter Obi the Butcher of Awkusu is a murderer!
K
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by scana042: 2:57pm On Oct 04, 2021
For writing this RUBBISH against Peter Obi, am sorry for u the writer an Nigeria.
MR PETER OBI IS THE BEST MATERIAL WE HAVE PRESENTLY TO LEAD THIS COUNTRY, IN 2023!!!!
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by agboghai: 3:14pm On Oct 04, 2021
IgweOfNnewi:
Saint Peter Obi
In catholic tune: Pray for us. Lol

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by immortalcrown(m): 3:21pm On Oct 04, 2021
Did he steal public funds? Also, I would like to know your findings about the richest business man in the same country.
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by JOemmy(m): 3:45pm On Oct 04, 2021
Peter obi is just a saint campared to other very corrupt politicians in the north and south west who have stolen billions of dollars.
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by Megatrix: 3:48pm On Oct 04, 2021
spirul77:
see this bigot here, so because it's obi he didn't commit any offence right? You all were busy priding him as corrupt free and the first governor to declare his asset not knowing the thief only declared a fraction of his asset, Abi you didn't see the part were he birthed a company In secrecy when he was a governor, foolish child like you defending a man that has stolen your generation up till your grandchildren, I pity you.
Ode, did the article say anywhere that he took government money to birth his company? That's how you dunces fail exams. It is you that will be killed by bigotry and foolishness. Fool
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by Megatrix: 4:09pm On Oct 04, 2021
dapolaw:
So it's all about my thief is bigger than yours syndrome?

The constitution states clearly what you need to do before and after assuming office but unfortunately, Obi did not do it.... So who is to blame? Me or Obi?

Saraki faced CCT not because he stole but he was accused of not declaring all his assets.

Tinubu faced the CCT not because he stole but because he was accused of not declaring his asset.

What Obi did here was not different from what the above mentioned names did as well.

Unfortunately for you, even Obi ignorantly admitted that he erred but your biased and hate filled heart refused to see it.

If it was Tinubu or Buhari's names that were mentioned in this report I am certain you wouldn't have said all you have said here, but you would have been ejaculating in your pants on how you warned us about them in 2015... Remove the log in your eyes first so that you can see better. But am I surprised? Hell NO. I rest my case.

Oga stop being clever by half, there's no where that the article says Obi stole anybody's money or took anything from anyone or from government coffers so perish that nonsense agenda of yours about who's thief is bigger. The article didn't even accuse Obi of not declaring his own assets. What did the disingenuous article say Obi admitted he erred about? Obi said that during his assets declaration before he became governor, he didn't declare assets owned by other members of his family in jointly owned businesses and the quack of a journalist told him that he had to do that and Obi said he didn't know about that. That's what your "He admitted he erred" is all about. The question is did the law say you must declare the assets of other members of your family who are not in public service? The journalist obviously lied because the law never asked anyone to do that. Your common sense should have told you that there's a reason why all those other politicians you mentioned have been dragged before the code of conduct tribunal while Obi has never appeared there for once. The man is clean!! I am still waiting for you to point out where Obi stole a single penny from anyone or from government to warrant this your "my thief is bigger than yours" analysis or you must admit that you are the one whose heart is filled with hatred and bigotry.
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by ikdaddy01(m): 4:18pm On Oct 04, 2021
2023 is here una don come. Abeg shift
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by Cyberterror: 4:20pm On Oct 04, 2021
We knew beforehand that Peter Obi is very dishonest. I am sure Atiku is still regretting picking a fraudster to be his vice in 2019.

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by dapolaw(m): 4:49pm On Oct 04, 2021
I didn't bother to read the trash you wrote, I stopped after reading the first two lines.

Now let me school you if you will ever learn..... Where in my post did I say Obi stole? Your time start now......

If you can't show me, then I am done spoon feeding an adult.

Megatrix:

Oga stop being clever by half, there's no where that the article says Obi stole anybody's money or took anything from anyone or from government coffers so perish that nonsense agenda of yours about who's thief is bigger. The article didn't even accuse Obi of not declaring his own assets. What did the disingenuous article say Obi admitted he erred about? Obi said that during his assets declaration before he became governor, he didn't declare assets owned by other members of his family in jointly owned businesses and the quack of a journalist told him that he had to do that and Obi said he didn't know about that. That's what your "He admitted he erred" is all about. The question is did the law say you must declare the assets of other members of your family who are not in public service? The journalist obviously lied because the law never asked anyone to do that. Your common sense should have told you that there's a reason why all those other politicians you mentioned have been dragged before the code of conduct tribunal while Obi has never appeared there for once. The man is clean!! I am still waiting for you to point out where Obi stole a single penny from anyone or from government to warrant this your "my thief is bigger than yours" analysis or you must admit that you are the one whose heart is filled with hatred and bigotry.
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by dapolaw(m): 5:00pm On Oct 04, 2021
Nigerian public officers are [b]required to declare “immediately after taking office and thereafter all” their properties, assets, and liabilities and those of his (or her) unmarried children under the age of eighteen years,” Nigeria’s 1999 Constitution stipulates (Section 11, Part of the Fifth Schedule).

PREMIUM TIMES investigation also found that Mr Obi breached this constitutional provision on assets declaration. We can authoritatively report that Mr Obi did not declare to the Code of Conduct Bureau the companies he tucked away in offshore secrecy havens.

Mr Obi caused to be created for him a structure of secrecy that had previously, until the Pandora Papers investigation, meant he could continue to hold foreign assets in a way that breaches Nigeria’s law without the knowledge of authorities in the country. In an extra layer of secrecy, Mr Obi used paid nominees as directors, while he remains the ultimate beneficial owner, making it nearly impossible to discover his interests in those companies but we obtained rare incorporation documents proving his link.[/b]

The above bolded are for you, no be only armed robbers be thieves some steal with pen.

Megatrix:

1 stop being clever by half, there's no where that the article says Obi stole anybody's money or took anything from anyone or from government coffers so perish that nonsense agenda of yours about who's thief is bigger. The article didn't even accuse Obi of not declaring his own assets. What did the disingenuous article say Obi admitted he erred about? Obi said that during his assets declaration before he became governor, he didn't declare assets owned by other members of his family in jointly owned businesses and the quack of a journalist told him that he had to do that and Obi said he didn't know about that. That's what your "He admitted he erred" is all about. The question is did the law say you must declare the assets of other members of your family who are not in public service? The journalist obviously lied because the law never asked anyone to do that. Your common sense should have told you that there's a reason why all those other politicians you mentioned have been dragged before the code of conduct tribunal while Obi has never appeared there for once. The man is clean!! I am still waiting for you to point out where Obi stole a single penny from anyone or from government to warrant this your "my thief is bigger than yours" analysis or you must admit that you are the one whose heart is filled with hatred and bigotry.
Re: Pandora Papers: Inside Peter Obi’s Secret Businesses — And How He Broke The Law by Lubumbashi: 5:16pm On Oct 04, 2021
EFCC that's one ripe customer right there. From the reports, he broke so many laws, Code of Conduct Tribunal could even be involved.

Bawa time to earn your pay.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage / Desmond Elliot & Lagos House Of Assembly Members At US Conference (Photos) / El-Rufai Welcomes Buhari As He Arrives For 62RC POP Of NDA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.