Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Resident Doctors Call Off Strike, To Resume On Wednesday - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Resident Doctors Call Off Strike, To Resume On Wednesday (10737 Views)

Resident Doctors Suspend Indefinite Strike, to resume tomorrow / Nigerian Doctors Call Off Strike Over Lack Of PPE / Lagos Doctors Begin Indefinite Sit-At-Home Strike To Protest Police Harassment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Resident Doctors Call Off Strike, To Resume On Wednesday by DUNDEEMASTER(m): 8:38am On Oct 04, 2021
The first ever good news this week's...More to come..Insha Allah
Re: Resident Doctors Call Off Strike, To Resume On Wednesday by specialmati(m): 8:38am On Oct 04, 2021
shocked shocked country rules by mega idiots
Re: Resident Doctors Call Off Strike, To Resume On Wednesday by unitysheart(m): 8:38am On Oct 04, 2021
Useless people
Re: Resident Doctors Call Off Strike, To Resume On Wednesday by leo2020: 8:39am On Oct 04, 2021
Who cares about the egotistical union. After attending subsidized education in Nigeria they will run to countries where they cannot afford to study medicine there. They see themselves as next to God. Shame on the unpatriotic union

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resident Doctors Call Off Strike, To Resume On Wednesday by Danjikanbauchi: 8:50am On Oct 04, 2021
Lopon1:
I hope they've been settled properly before calling off the strike. Not to go back after 6months
not well settled, that's why the strike was not called off but suspended.
Re: Resident Doctors Call Off Strike, To Resume On Wednesday by IdJack(m): 8:51am On Oct 04, 2021
Thank God at last.

Nigerian Government need to take care of this Doctors and also our health care system.

Kindly visit my signature for your business ideas and updates
Re: Resident Doctors Call Off Strike, To Resume On Wednesday by luminouz(m): 8:51am On Oct 04, 2021
Franksomtoo:
Coming after the death of a medical student in front of her teaching hospital, where she was denied Medical attention due to the so called strike..smh

Where?? sad shocked
Re: Resident Doctors Call Off Strike, To Resume On Wednesday by dokyOloye: 9:00am On Oct 04, 2021
Lopon1:
I hope they've been settled properly before calling off the strike. Not to go back after 6months
They have not.
Just promises as usual
Re: Resident Doctors Call Off Strike, To Resume On Wednesday by techWriter3: 9:11am On Oct 04, 2021
Lovely. inhumanity first.
Re: Resident Doctors Call Off Strike, To Resume On Wednesday by Bennycollins: 9:20am On Oct 04, 2021
No, the new executive have been 'settled'. A Fulani has just been sworn in as the NARD president and days after the strike has been suspended. What have they achieved? Nothing?
Lopon1:
Re: Resident Doctors Call Off Strike, To Resume On Wednesday by sinkhole: 9:21am On Oct 04, 2021
FalseProphet1:
Very good development from them, I see ASUU announcing theirs that Wednesday.

This I have seen.
It is not the body that revealed this to you but the Spirit cool
Re: Resident Doctors Call Off Strike, To Resume On Wednesday by joyandfaith: 9:21am On Oct 04, 2021
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.

Wings of ASUU, NLC and NARD have been clipped.
Re: Resident Doctors Call Off Strike, To Resume On Wednesday by joyandfaith: 9:22am On Oct 04, 2021
Bennycollins:
No, the new executive have been 'settled'. A Fulani has just been sworn in as the NARD president and days after the strike has been suspended. What have they achieved? Nothing?
You get it.
Re: Resident Doctors Call Off Strike, To Resume On Wednesday by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 04, 2021
Bennycollins:

Well, the strike being called off has nothing to do with tribe, and everything to do with

1.Nigerians being tired of the strike...

2.No money really to meet the doctor's demand. (If we want better conditions, we have to increase the amount of money sent to the health sector by at least 20 times..not just cut salaries of the polticians)
Re: Resident Doctors Call Off Strike, To Resume On Wednesday by otokx(m): 9:40am On Oct 04, 2021
Lives were lost.
Re: Resident Doctors Call Off Strike, To Resume On Wednesday by baralatie(m): 9:48am On Oct 04, 2021
luminouz:

Where?? sad shocked
Oau

It was very painful

And it is because it came out in the social.media!
Re: Resident Doctors Call Off Strike, To Resume On Wednesday by Maxvasia(m): 9:56am On Oct 04, 2021
Very well said. I am a Medical Doctor and i say you are very correct.
BF69BF:
Which progress was made? Una go just fight half fight, leave am con come back tomorrow to kontinue.

NARD, NLC, ASUU, ah no know who mumu pass. Their leadership no too far from Bubu's own.

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors Call Off Strike, To Resume On Wednesday by prigoz(m): 9:59am On Oct 04, 2021
Pls if I may ask, what did you achieve after the strike? Were you paid the said money being owed, were your salaries paid. Money must have been exchanged hand with your new leaders. Instead of doing half done strike without achieving anything, better not embark at all. Though my humble advice.

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors Call Off Strike, To Resume On Wednesday by amaham(m): 10:19am On Oct 04, 2021
leo2020:
Who cares about the egotistical union. After attending subsidized education in Nigeria they will run to countries where they cannot afford to study medicine there. They see themselves as next to God. Shame on the unpatriotic union
Bitterness is unhealthy
Re: Resident Doctors Call Off Strike, To Resume On Wednesday by arsenal33: 10:46am On Oct 04, 2021
zinaunreal:
Tinubu is In uk
where is your governor? what is he doing and I hope he is not owing doctors and state workers?

1 Like

Re: Resident Doctors Call Off Strike, To Resume On Wednesday by luminouz(m): 11:03am On Oct 04, 2021
baralatie:

Oau

It was very painful

And it is because it came out in the social.media!

Oh...the girl that was on FP yesterday or something? She was a medical student?
Re: Resident Doctors Call Off Strike, To Resume On Wednesday by kinguwem: 11:10am On Oct 04, 2021
YourhealthNG2:
The doctors strike was allowed to continue for 2 good months. That can only happen in a failed state.
You're absolutely correct. Our leaders are selfish & myopic. They don't care about the masses since they & their families can easily travel abroad for healthcare services.
Re: Resident Doctors Call Off Strike, To Resume On Wednesday by baralatie(m): 11:16am On Oct 04, 2021
luminouz:

Oh...the girl that was on FP yesterday or something? She was a medical student?
https://www.nairaland.com/6781509/adeshina-aishat-oau-final-year#106348859
Re: Resident Doctors Call Off Strike, To Resume On Wednesday by mdan(m): 11:24am On Oct 04, 2021
After the death of a medical student in unizik happened in front of NAUTH,they were forced to call off the strike.
Re: Resident Doctors Call Off Strike, To Resume On Wednesday by Missionaire: 12:04pm On Oct 04, 2021
After the loss of many lives...
The country eh.
Lost a friend and sister on Thursday evening last week.
Going from hospital to hospital in Abuja but no doctors to attend to her. Went to Garki hospital and no doctors.....

She eventually died.
Gosh, this country is something else.
The basic things are not made provisions for.

30/9/21 was a sad day for me... Continue to RIP Dammy.
Re: Resident Doctors Call Off Strike, To Resume On Wednesday by laskab(f): 12:18pm On Oct 04, 2021
Prophet of Doom
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.
Re: Resident Doctors Call Off Strike, To Resume On Wednesday by frog12: 12:24pm On Oct 04, 2021
they should ARREST these irresponsible DOCTORS !

I still don't know why they were striking and risking patients lives

Missionaire:
After the loss of many lives...
The country eh.
Lost a friend and sister on Thursday evening last week.
Going from hospital to hospital in Abuja but no doctors to attend to her. Went to Garki hospital and no doctors.....

She eventually died.
Gosh, this country is something else.
The basic things are not made provisions for.

30/9/21 was a sad day for me... Continue to RIP Dammy.
Re: Resident Doctors Call Off Strike, To Resume On Wednesday by gbemishile: 12:58pm On Oct 04, 2021
I hope u guys are not calling off the strike so u can gather money for some months wey go sustain u for another strike.
Re: Resident Doctors Call Off Strike, To Resume On Wednesday by Tomek09(m): 1:02pm On Oct 04, 2021
Very good. Putting the patients first.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Natural Ways Of Reducing High Blood Pressure. / Lagos Discharges 26 Coronavirus Patients Today / Has Fibroid At The Age Of 29

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.