Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:31 AM

Ban On Motorcycle: PWD Urges KDSG To Consider Physically Challenged Persons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ban On Motorcycle: PWD Urges KDSG To Consider Physically Challenged Persons (262 Views)

Dr. Maduka Takes Ward To Riverine Area On Motorcycle And Local Flying Boat / LAWMA Employs 20 Physically-Challenged Persons To Sweep Pedestrian Bridges / Anambra Removes Over 100 Beggars & Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ban On Motorcycle: PWD Urges KDSG To Consider Physically Challenged Persons by Feminews(m): 3:09pm On Oct 04, 2021
Ban on motorcycle: PWD Urges KDSG to Consider Physically Challenged Persons
...says Can't Trek

A concerned Nigerian, and Person with Disability (PWD), Muhammad Salahudden Nuhu, staged a one-man protest to the Nigerian Union of Journalists, (NUJ) Kaduna State Council, to protest the decision of the State Government to ban motorcycle taxi in the state.

In a chat with Journalists today, (Monday), Nuhu, a resident of Kakuri Makera in Kaduna South Local Government Area of the state, said as a PWD member, he can not move without the use of his motorcycle.

According to him, this is the only means of his mobility to pursue his daily activities in life, wondering with the ban on ground by government how he will face life when he has no other means of livelihood.

"The State Government said this drastic decision is to reclaim peace and security within our loved state. At this juncture, I support any legal and helpful effort to bring back peace in Kaduna state.

"To this end, as a Kaduna state indigene, I'm vehemently not in support of the ban on motorcycle rides especially for our members - Persons with Disability, (PWDs) at least in the Kaduna metropolis.

"However, we urged the Kaduna State Government to permit riding of motorcycles for the PWDs within the Kaduna metropolitan city and other localities under incessant bandits raids," he appealed.

However, he said a copy of his petition has been submitted to the Kaduna State Police Command and other security agencies.

*PETITION AGAINST THE BAN ON MOTORCYCLE RIDE IN KADUNA STATE*

Muhammad Salahuddeen Nuhu
Address: No 2 Block 5 Makera, Mai Ruwa Road Kakuri, Kaduna

4th October, 2021

I'm writing down this petition to assert my anguish over the recent motorcycle driving ban in Kaduna state.
It is awful; the State Govt has not followed the constitutional procedure to decide, which appears to be democracy abuse.

The government professed to have taken this drastic and unpopular action to reclaim peace and security within our loved state. At this juncture, I support any legal and helpful effort to bring back peace in Kaduna state.

However, is Kaduna town a criminal den to the bandit's attack? The answer is clear. The municipality is not by any percentage facing constant attacks. Why then are we involved?
I'm personally staying in Kakuri Makera Kaduna. As a paralytic person, I cannot move without the use of a motorcycle. It is the only means of me going around to pursue my day-to-day activities in life. Now, how do I begin again while I don't have any other means but the latter?

To this end, as a Kaduna state indigene, I'm vehemently not supporting the ban on motorcycle rides, at least in the Kaduna metropolis.

First, the Kaduna state government should immediately permit riding on motorcycles within Kaduna town and other localities under incessant bandits raids.

However, if the state authority ceases to adhere to this call, I don't have any alternative but to orchestrate a one-person protest asking the government to provide vehicles for me and others in similar difficulties to go about our various legal businesses.

Again, I will indict the state government before an appropriate court to request its statute to force the Kaduna state government to discontinue the ban on motorcycle rides within Kaduna and other relatively safe areas.

Cc:

Kaduna State Legislative.

Labour Kaduna Branch.

NUJ Kaduna Branch

Kaduna State Police Command.

Human Rights Commission.

Amnesty International.

Re: Ban On Motorcycle: PWD Urges KDSG To Consider Physically Challenged Persons by Briggsss: 4:05pm On Oct 04, 2021
That's okay.The giver should do the needful and stop making life unbearable for them.
Re: Ban On Motorcycle: PWD Urges KDSG To Consider Physically Challenged Persons by Briggsss: 4:05pm On Oct 04, 2021
That's okay.The government should do the needful and stop making life unbearable for them.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Decomposing From Within : Bishop Kukah Bombs Buhari Again / Saint Pandora Peter Obi: I Said It, Disaster Averted / 'we've Been Fighting A War' — Man Narrates Experience With 'fulani' Herdsmen In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.