Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. (2807 Views)

Demons: You Hate Igbos Yet Can't Imagine Life Without Igbos / Without Igbos, Nigeria Will Be Boring / Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Break Up - Senator Ekpenyong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. by muller101(m): 7:26pm On Oct 04, 2021
LordVoldermort:
The land is Nigerian land if you want to leave Nigeria then 'leave' Nigeria, travel abroad and establish your Biafra elsewhere like America Australia or Israel

Stop trying to steal Nigerian land
Something existed before your useless nigeria. Since you are scared of history let me not go that lane.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. by Igboid: 7:32pm On Oct 04, 2021
Gratefulheart1:

Our discussion was about why Nigeria doesn't want Igbos exist, and I said it's because of ND oil, not really Igbos in particular. That brought us to this point of discussion.

Not true.
The non Igbo speaking part of Eastern region fell to FG forces very early in the war, Igbos were willing to go with just Igboland, but FG kept fighting until the Igbo heartland caved in.

If they only want non Igbo speaking groups in Eastern region, they would have stopped once they had captured those parts.

The FG doesn't want Igboland to go because of Domino effect.
Once Igboland secedes, the rest of the ethnicities in the tower of Babel will want out too.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. by allcomage: 7:34pm On Oct 04, 2021
I have studied the Igbo nation very well, they will never accept servitude. As for Biafra, trust me they will get it go and mark my words. They are in all over 120 countries, educated, rich and smart. They are everywhere wto,breton institutes, World Court etcetera. Social media platforms are God's gift to Igbo for self determination. If Nigeria doesn't allow them to go,they will pull down Nigeria take it or leave it. A tribe that started from zero level in 1970 to be the richest, most educated etc in 50yrs is not a push over,Igbo are the Jews of Africa. Massive reactions here and there are the dirge to Nigeria demise.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 04, 2021
Bookhub:
I am new here as a member,though i have being a guest for years before signing in,i can tell you the effort and energy people here put towards discouraging igbos from seceding is out of this world no words can describe some have turned it to their Main occupation,it surprises me that out 500 ethnic group that make up Nigeria how come this on ethnic group is that important,people are willing to kill,Maim and even sacrifice their lives to ensure igbos stay in Nigeria..

This makes me wonder will Nigerians perish if igbos leave?will heaven fall?no brain can really comprehend the love/hate behind this phenomena,even in real life bring up the topic watch how people will argue and give you one million points why igbos should remain in Nigeria i notice this arguments take long..the last time i had such argument it was with a Yoruba muslim he nearly cried because he couldn't convince me.. shocked since then i have taken my mind off having such arguments..
Don't flatter yourself, nobody gives a dam about Ibo. The Ibo people are the least hospitable people in Nigeria, they're not friendly towards other tribes, and they are too tribalistic amongst so many negative vices.

Now, no government in the whole world will fold its hands and watch one section of the country secede. Even a southern President would find it difficult initiating the process.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. by Hellonearth007: 7:44pm On Oct 04, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Can you name one country in the world where they have gotten independence the way it's been done in the south east?

There is no country in the world where the citizens will just rise up and say they wanna leave, there are steps to be taken in all this.

Maybe you should go and read and learn from the Scottish.

You can't be screaming Biafra while you keep voting parties and leaders that believes in One Nigeria.

Catalonia had independence without war.
This is not a stone age.
Why the fear of letting igbos go.
It's a simple question. Forget this your reasoning.

Just tell us why u don't want igbos to go simple
Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. by Bookhub: 7:45pm On Oct 04, 2021
Viltron:
Don't flatter yourself, nobody gives a dam about Ibo. The Ibo people are the least hospitable people in Nigeria, they're not friendly towards other tribes, and they are too tribalistic amongst so many negative vices.

Now, no government in the whole world will fold its hands and watch one section of the country secede. Even a southern President would find it difficult initiating the process.

Then what was sudanese president doing when south Sudan seceded ?or was there no president in Sudan then,if war is the last resort we will choose it ..
Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. by Bonavi: 7:54pm On Oct 04, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Can you name one country in the world where they have gotten independence the way it's been done in the south east?

There is no country in the world where the citizens will just rise up and say they wanna leave, there are steps to be taken in all this.

You can't be screaming Biafra while you keep voting parties and leaders that believes in One Nigeria.
Another reasons why Igbos should not leave, exactly what the op is pointing out
Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. by Abagworo(m): 8:55pm On Oct 04, 2021
Igboid:

Not true.
The non Igbo speaking part of Eastern region fell to FG forces very early in the war, Igbos were willing to go with just Igboland, but FG kept fighting until the Igbo heartland caved in.

If they only want non Igbo speaking groups in Eastern region, they would have stopped once they had captured those parts.

Once Igboland secedes, the rest of the ethnicities in the tower of Babel will want out too.

You are learned. It's the domino effects for many and external forces ultimately. There is a potential in Igbos that scares even the world powers and having them in a controled situation will curb that potential. While the Nigerian elite who thrive in resource exploitation see Igbos as eye opener for the Southern minorities the international economic power players see things differently and will always work with the Nigerian elite
Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. by vital: 9:01pm On Oct 04, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:

Try to get his point..... Ure off from the point... How did you graduate from school? I think we should hold all these so called professors responsible.... They ve done more harm.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. by vital: 9:05pm On Oct 04, 2021
Hellonearth007:

Catalonia had independence without war.
This is not a stone age.
Why the fear of letting igbos go.
It's a simple question. Forget this your reasoning.

Just tell us why u don't want igbos to go simple
U can see how learned we are.... Mushroom education.... Why cant he reply your message the way it should.
WHY THE FEAR OF LETTING THE IGBOs GO?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 04, 2021
Igboid:

Not true.

Oil business wasn't booming during the civil war era. Gowon just didn't want the country go into pieces under him. That would have meant he was weak or put him on the wrong side of history.

Right now, years after the war, the country is a contraption and everyone knows that the forced marriage isn't working and not likely going to work. All the abuses on the North from the south etc, assuming there isn't oil, north would have left voluntarily.
Disintegration this time around would have worked with no war. Assuming the oil belonged to the North, this country would have ceased to exist.

The motive that fought against secession then is quite different from now.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. by vital: 9:08pm On Oct 04, 2021
Viltron:

Why not let the igbos go? Answer a simple question.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. by Reflect7: 9:17pm On Oct 04, 2021
Bookhub:
I am new here as a member,though i have being a guest for years before signing in,i can tell you the effort and energy people here put towards discouraging igbos from seceding is out of this world no words can describe some have turned it to their Main occupation,it surprises me that out 500 ethnic group that make up Nigeria how come this on ethnic group is that important,people are willing to kill,Maim and even sacrifice their lives to ensure igbos stay in Nigeria..

This makes me wonder will Nigerians perish if igbos leave?will heaven fall?no brain can really comprehend the love/hate behind this phenomena,even in real life bring up the topic watch how people will argue and give you one million points why igbos should remain in Nigeria i notice this arguments take long..the last time i had such argument it was with a Yoruba muslim he nearly cried because he couldn't convince me.. shocked since then i have taken my mind off having such arguments..

OP, STOP DECEIVING YOURSELF.

KANU WAS OFFERED THE 5 IGBO STATES IN 2017 TO TAKE AS 'BIAFRA' AND HE REFUSED, SAYING HE WANTS THE NIGER DELTA REGION WHERE NIGERIA'S OIL AND GAS FIELDS SIT.

IF HE HAD TAKEN THE 5 IGBO STATES YOU WOULD ALL BE IN YOUR BIAFRA BY NOW.

BUT THEIR REAL AIM IS TO ANNEX THE NIGER DELTA SO THAT THE IGBO ELITE CAN OWN ALL THE NATION'S OIL AND GAS.

NIGERIA OF COURSE SAYS A BIG FAT NO.

THAT IS THE MAIN PROBLEM, NOT THAT ANYONE GIVES A DAMN ABOUT IGBOS STAYING OR LEAVING.

THEY WANT TO LEAVE WITH THE FAMILY GOLD, CARING NOT IF OTHER NIGERIANS, INCLUDING MILLIONS OF CHILDREN STARVE AND PERISH AS A RESULT.

SELFISH GREEDY NARCISSISTS WHO WILL NEVER TELL YOU THEIR REAL OBJECTIVE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. by Jomonix: 9:19pm On Oct 04, 2021
Because they will be alone and exposed.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 04, 2021
Reflect7:

OP, STOP DECEIVING YOURSELF.

KANU WAS OFFERED THE 5 IGBO STATES IN 2017 TO TAKE AS 'BIAFRA' AND HE REFUSED, SAYING HE WANTS THE NIGER DELTA REGION WHERE NIGERIA'S OIL AND GAS FIELDS SIT.

IF HE HAD TAKEN THE 5 IGBO STATES YOU WOULD ALL BE IN YOUR BIAFRA BY NOW.

BUT THEIR REAL AIM IS TO ANNEX THE NIGER DELTA SO THAT THE IGBO ELITE CAN OWN ALL THE NATION'S OIL AND GAS.

NIGERIA OF COURSE SAYS A BIG FAT NO.

THAT IS THE MAIN PROBLEM, NOT THAT ANYONE GIVES A DAMN ABOUT IGBOS STAYING OR LEAVING.

THEY WANT TO LEAVE WITH THE FAMILY GOLD, CARING NOT IF OTHER NIGERIANS, INCLUDING MILLIONS OF CHILDREN STARVE AND PERISH AS A RESULT.

SELFISH GREEDY NARCISSISTS WHO WILL NEVER TELL YOU THEIR REAL OBJECTIVE.
who offered it undecided you go wake up begin imagine stuff

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. by Tomek09(m): 9:40pm On Oct 04, 2021
[s]
Newton85:
Nobody called you back, you delusional scoundrel. Rather, your wicked ancestors were disgracefully demolished in the war, which was a payback for how they killed many of Isaac Adaka Boro's Niger Delta Republic Ijaw secessionists, only to later dubiously declare their own Biafla not long after. No one is begging you, just tell your people to migrate back enmasse to Eboeland and stop trooping out in their thousands to other parts of the country every damned day!
[/s]
So much hate and bile.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. by Newton85: 9:42pm On Oct 04, 2021
Tomek09:
[s][/s]
So much hate and bile.
Yeah, your Eboe brother that I replied has shown so much love and kindness. Bloody hypocrite!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. by Igboid: 9:48pm On Oct 04, 2021
Gratefulheart1:

Oil business wasn't booming during the civil war era. Gowon just didn't want the country go into pieces under him. That would have meant he was weak or put him on the wrong side of history.

Right now, years after the war, the country is a contraption and everyone knows that the forced marriage isn't working and not likely going to work. All the abuses on the North from the south etc, assuming there isn't oil, north would have left voluntarily.
Disintegration this time around would have worked with no war. Assuming the oil belonged to the North, this country would have ceased to exist.

The motive that fought against secession then is quite different from now.

You are just running around in circles.
You claimed NIGERIA couldn't let Igbos go because of Niger Delta and it's oil.
I showed you that NIGERIA had captured Niger Delta so early in the war, yet fought for additional 1 year plus to capture Igboland, and here you are changing goal posts again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 04, 2021
vital:

Why not let the igbos go? Answer a simple question.
am I holding ibos? I personally do not care whether you people leave or stay.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. by Bookhub: 9:51pm On Oct 04, 2021
Viltron:
am I holding ibos? I personally do not care whether you people leave or stay.
So ipob declares Igboland indepent state today you guys will not object?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 04, 2021
Igboid:

You are just running around in circles.
You claimed NIGERIA couldn't let Igbos go because of Niger Delta and it's oil.
I showed you that NIGERIA had captured Niger Delta so early in the war, yet fought for additional 1 year plus to capture Igboland, and here you are changing goal posts again.

All I said is easy for even a Nursery pupil to understand but you're playing deaf just to suit your sentiment.
If there's any thing keeping the country together in this era, it's the oil. Now is different from era of civil war. Especially, the north doesn't want to lose the oil and suffer. Everyone has eye on the oil.
If Igbos leave, ND much likely leaving with oil. SW too. Domino effect like you said earlier. But main target is the oil.

It's a glaring truth everyone knows, why then you keep pretending like I'm speaking Spanish. That's why in rare occasions BMC zombies are not totally wrong, you can be mischievous and play around the truth just to suit your tribal sentiment or whatever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:02pm On Oct 04, 2021
LordVoldermort:

First of all there were people living in America before the whites came
There were people living in Australia before whites came...
There were people living in Canada before the whites came...
There were people living in Norway before the Vikings came...
There were people living in Israel before the Jews came...
If they gave you visa to go any of these countries you would rush there with the speed of light, you might even apply for citizenship there

The same is true of Nigeria, just because your ancestors accidentally discovered a piece of land doesn't mean it belongs to you for all eternity, if you can't defend your land then you forfeit it, Igbos were defeated by the British and later defeated by Nigeria...

Stop claiming what isn't yours

Your argument is laughable and lame!

We’re talking of the original/indigenous inhabitants of a land, and this fool is going off on a tangent, yapping about American-Indians and the invading Brits! You see the way your diseased mind in configured: ‘might is right....we invaded and defeated you, hence your land belongs to us’! This coming from a supposed black African whose ancestors were overwhelmed by superior military power and shipped off into slavery! You know we could also use your lame argument to justify colonialism!?

Dude, just like Yugoslavia, The USSR and even the mighty Roman Empire are no more, but the nations that made up their component parts still exist to this day, so your useless ‘one Nigeria’ can disintegrate tomorrow, but Igboland will still exist...exist on the same geographical space it’s found today!

The fact you lay so much importance on a colonial creation, over and above its component parts that existed long before the British came, says all that needs to be said about your pathetic, house-nigger, slavish mentality! No wonder you can’t envision life outside of ‘one Nigeria’! You reek of insecurity and fear!

Just listen to yourself: ‘if you can’t defend your land then you forfeit it’! You must think we’re still living in the stone ages! The little Bakassi your pussy-assed ‘one Nigeria’ dashed to Cameroon with their tail between their legs, what does it say of you miserable lot!? Assholes that Britain helped win the uncivil Biafran war are now here wanting to act like Hercules!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. by chiiraq802(m): 11:00pm On Oct 04, 2021
This wan I'm seeing Igbo's will leave in peace or with war...
Abeg make the war be between NA and Biafra people only.... My family and loved ones dey me importanter....

Person go dey base for jant and dey enjoy life, that same person go come on SM dey yarn nonsense.

War is not good. start holding your Polithiefcians responsible
Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 04, 2021
PROUDIGBO:

Your argument is laughable and lame!

We’re talking of the original/indigenous inhabitants of a land, and this fool is going off on a tangent, yapping about American-Indians and the invading Brits! You see the way your diseased mind in configured: ‘might is right....we invaded and defeated you, hence your land belongs to us’! This coming from a supposed black African whose ancestors were overwhelmed by superior military power and shipped off into slavery! You know we could also use your lame argument to justify colonialism!?

Dude, just like Yugoslavia, The USSR and even the mighty Roman Empire are no more, but the nations that made up their component parts still exist to this day, so your useless ‘one Nigeria’ can disintegrate tomorrow, but Igboland will still exist...exist on the same geographical space it’s found today!

The fact you lay so much importance on a colonial creation, over and above its component parts that existed long before the British came, says all that needs to be said about your pathetic, house-nigger, slavish mentality! No wonder you can’t envision life outside of ‘one Nigeria’! You reek of insecurity and fear!

Just listen to yourself: ‘if you can’t defend your land then you forfeit it’! You must think we’re still living in the stone ages! The little Bakassi your pussy-assed ‘one Nigeria’ dashed to Cameroon with their tail between their legs, what does it say of you miserable lot!? Assholes that Britain helped win the uncivil Biafran war are now here wanting to act like Hercules!
After I carefully sifted through your ramblings I couldn't find a single point or counter point, just cliches and insults here and there.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. by LILTJAY1: 11:12pm On Oct 04, 2021
Which nigerians?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. by LILTJAY1: 11:16pm On Oct 04, 2021
Bonesbreaker:
who offered it undecided you go wake up begin imagine stuff
NK said it himself... if he had accepted the offer, you wpuld have been a biafran by now
Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. by SIRRITE: 11:34pm On Oct 04, 2021
Watch closely it is the igbos that do relocate from their town and community to different town and communities to live with others, very few travel to igbos land to live. I think the igbos leave with others.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. by Bookhub: 11:37pm On Oct 04, 2021
SIRRITE:
Watch closely it is the igbos that do relocate from their town and community to different town and communities to live with others, very few travel to igbos land to live. I think the igbos leave with others.

But igbos packed away in I967 but you fought them to come back isn't it?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. by Idiko1: 11:42pm On Oct 04, 2021
Xscape1993:
I laugh ooo. Every region in Nigeria is blessed. We have only need sound leaders not rulers that will annest all these human and natural resources.

What the hell is "We" in the above post? Nigeria must disintegrate to be meaningful.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. by juve4life: 11:56pm On Oct 04, 2021
People just want to tribalistically fight on Nairaland. The real reason non northerner people are afraid is because of two reasons.
1. Drastic change is inherently scary. People are afraid that the new reality could be even worse and devolve into infighting like South Sudan, people are afraid of the war that could happen, minorities in igboland are afraid of being displaced, etc. It is frightening but I believe if secession happens the south's shared faith in Christ will help us navigate that new world together, peacefully.
2. The videos that go viral of UGM, ESN, etc can be incredibly distressing.
Hell, even some northerners are worried about secession who are not complicit in oppression or oil production are just fearful of war on top of the banditry and BH they deal with. Please be more understanding when talking about topics as serious this.

P.S. using the US, China etc as examples of successful independence movements is true but misleading, those happened in a much different time. Use modern examples like West Papua (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_West_Papua , https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papua_conflict), Catalonia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalan_independence_movement , https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Catalan_independence_referendum), South Sudan and Bougainville (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Bougainvillean_independence_referendum , https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonomous_Region_of_Bougainville).
Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. by oyatz(m): 12:59am On Oct 05, 2021
Bookhub:

What if the sound leader is Igbo will thru give him the chance? There were the problem lies..

What do you mean by give him the chance? Do you mean he should become the president without
an election?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Afraid Of Living Without Igbos What Is Their Fear. by SIRRITE: 6:13am On Oct 05, 2021
Bookhub:

But igbos packed away in I967 but you fought them to come back isn't it?

I think inferiority complex is the igbo major problem, they think they need orthers, and others need them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Zoning Formular Disqualifies Asiwaju Tinubu As Muslim Muslim Ticket Unlikely / Breaking News!!! Nearly All APC Presidential Aspirants Steps Down For Tinubu!!!! / Senator Chimaroke Nnamani Crying On Twitter, Baba Don Disable Comments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.