Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,400 members, 7,836,607 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business (17594 Views)

If You Think Your Kids Are Unbearable, Have A Look At These Photos / Divorce Your Wife, Lose Your House To Her - Oyo Court Rules / Would You Let Your Wife Wear This Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by SirLakes: 4:33pm On Oct 05, 2021
NOOO

She'll turn you to a baggage of trash grin
Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 05, 2021
OkuFaba:
My girl stood by me when I lost my previous job during the pandemic.

Main reason I'm marrying her. She's a keeper

Marry first, born a child and be jobless, then you will sha see., if she will be happy with you

8 Likes

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Cubeman: 4:34pm On Oct 05, 2021
No woman will respect you when you're financially down. May God continue to lift every man up

6 Likes

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by myforty68: 4:35pm On Oct 05, 2021
no respect without finance
deal with it
Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Alicia1(f): 4:35pm On Oct 05, 2021
some people don't wanna wake to the dreams of 热爱里同样
Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by OkuFaba(m): 4:35pm On Oct 05, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Marry first, born a child and be jobless, then you will sha see., if she will be happy with you
she's a hustler

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Worksunlimited: 4:35pm On Oct 05, 2021
Havesomesense:
It is the duty of a man to provide for the family, women consider financially buoyant men for relationships.

Imagine if you lost your job/business or your income reduced drastically.

Will your wife love you?
Will your wife be jovial with you?
Will your wife give you her palliative as usual?
Will she disrespect you in front of the kids and others?
Will she watch you starve when she has food in the kitchen?
Will she keep reminding you that you are not contributing anything?
Will she start seeking other mens' attention?
Will she Change?

I need honest answers.

I'll tell you a short story..

I had a girl long time ago, that we had something going on.. the day she found out she earned more than I did.. Her affection dropped drastically...

Long story short, relationship didn't work out after that day..

I am in a better place now and I hope she is too..

8 Likes

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by descarado: 4:36pm On Oct 05, 2021
Havesomesense:
It is the duty of a man to provide for the family, women consider financially buoyant men for relationships.

Will your wife love you?
Will she Change?

I need honest answers.
If your wife is barren or didn't give birth to the much desired male child(by most people) will you still love and cherish her?

3 Likes

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 05, 2021
OkuFaba:
she's a hustler

She go hustle leave you. grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Vaginarian: 4:39pm On Oct 05, 2021
This morning, my woman came to my workplace requesting they terminate me NOW NOW all cos I didn't leave her N200 before I left for work.

All thanks to the security men at the gate, they sent her away..

God no go shame us.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by uthlaw: 4:39pm On Oct 05, 2021
Acidosis:

The last paragraph implies that merely making money cannot earn you respect as a family man. If your kids catch you cheating on their mother, just forget about respect even if you earn and provide all the money in the world.
do you know the power of money....they won't respect me ke,if I ignore them for 1month,them go know watin de sup!
Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Vaginarian: 4:40pm On Oct 05, 2021
Cubeman:
No woman will respect you when you're financially down. May God continue to lift every man up

Amenn
Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by feldido(m): 4:40pm On Oct 05, 2021
Justbehave:
The only woman that can love you unconditionally is your mum.No job,no love.Fellas stop deceiving yourselves.

You are wrong oga, My wife is an exception. My wife accepted to marry me when I had no job or even 10k savings.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by OkuFaba(m): 4:42pm On Oct 05, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

no wahala, I go just carry my pikin go
Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by arantess: 4:44pm On Oct 05, 2021
Rubbiish:
Not only wife!
Nobody will respect u if u lose your source of income.
So the wedding vows " for better and worse" is just academic exercise?

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by BluntCrazeMan: 4:44pm On Oct 05, 2021
Rubbiish:

You are not being honest here!
How do u mean build your respect on values, lifestyle? Will it put food on the table?
Respect comes with your ability to cater for your family as a man! The moment you start failing in your responsibility of providing for your family, that respect will begin to dwindle till it wanes out! Not even your kids are left out.
A sick dad..
8 years on the sick bed.
The wife and children of this man did odd jobs to keep food on the table, and to take care of him.
They never lost the respect they had for him, even though he was a physical and a financial burden to them.
You know why??
The respect they always had for him was not just because he was the one that was keeping food on the table.
They respected him for many other things such as wisdom, companionship, lively discussions.
Even on his sick bed, they never wished that he died soon.

10 Likes

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by OlawaleBammie: 4:45pm On Oct 05, 2021
Acidosis:

Go and make all the money in the world and let your 10 year old son and your 15 year old daughter catch you cheating on their mother then come back for this discussion.

Are u married??

U re talking like a juvenile sir.

But well, na breakfast sha, e go soon reach everybaga.

A just dey laf u since morning,

Wen u marry, u wil understand grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by DeHill(m): 4:46pm On Oct 05, 2021
frozen70:

Marriage is all about live and respect

If you ever love your wife and its obvious you have always loved her

No matter the hard times she will never berat you

But if you have been treating her like an option

That time is when she will give it to you every hour
Women don't forget negative treatment and tends to pay back no matter how long it takes

Baby, if u were in our shoes u will neva say this. But u are female, u can say whatever!

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by YelloweWest: 4:47pm On Oct 05, 2021
Another opportunity for Nairaland idiots to spread their general hatred of women only because they can't get and keep one.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Goldie16(f): 4:47pm On Oct 05, 2021
She'll still love you but she'll definitely lose respect for you if you just laze around and not make any effort to provide.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by tgmservice: 4:48pm On Oct 05, 2021
Justbehave:
The only woman that can love you unconditionally is your mum.No job,no love.Fellas stop deceiving yourselves.
if you loss your job and return to your family house your mom will still treat you like rubbish

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by uthlaw: 4:48pm On Oct 05, 2021
Vaginarian:
This morning, my woman came to my workplace requesting they terminate me NOW NOW all cos I didn't leave her N200 before I left for work.

All thanks to the security men at the gate, they sent her away..

God no go shame us.
which kind of wife you marry put for house?

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Hotzone(m): 4:49pm On Oct 05, 2021
Hmmm, except here in Australia
Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by YelloweWest: 4:49pm On Oct 05, 2021
Rubbiish:

You are not being honest here!
How do u mean build your respect on values, lifestyle? Will it put food on the table?
Respect comes with your ability to cater for your family as a man! The moment you start failing in your responsibility of providing for your family, that respect will begin to dwindle till it wanes out! Not even your kids are left out.
Respect is built on values. Providing for your family is just one of those values.
If all you can offer your family is money they such person can never be respected even when the cash is flowing.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by SirLakes: 4:50pm On Oct 05, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Metronomy(m): 4:50pm On Oct 05, 2021
I don't know why I have to reply to this, but let me tell the OP that I neither had a job nor business when I got married, now I'm a man taking family all around, if anything happens, I don't think it can affect my home. We can only adjust our flamboyant lifestyle.
It may hurt, but I'm sure the mother of my kids will stay put coz she'd done that before.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by cooooooks(m): 4:50pm On Oct 05, 2021
If you got your wife based on your money or business, some of these could be an issue.

If the marriage is based on mutual respect, love, unity, partnership; you two will be fine. The family could depend on her income, work to get you set up in something else, etc.

If your marriage is based on the impossible Kevin Samuels snake oil of HVM, "traditional", etc. Good luck.

Havesomesense:

Will your wife love you?
Will she Change?

I need honest answers.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by arantess: 4:50pm On Oct 05, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

This is not true with all marriages

There are families where the women earns higher and is still submissive...

4 Likes

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by blackmantis: 4:50pm On Oct 05, 2021
You don't have to depend on a salary, you can develop the abilities endowed on you by God.

When one opportunity fails there are 1000 others out there. To me loosing a job doesn't exist in my dictionary.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by Vaginarian: 4:51pm On Oct 05, 2021
uthlaw:
which kind of wife you marry put for house?
She's a thug...

I bleeped a fuckkin gal-thug.
Now, I'm thinking of going back home and beat the hell out of her but somebody urged me to visit the nearest Police station before anything.
Re: Do You Think Your Wife Will Respect You If You Lose Your Job / Business by arantess: 4:52pm On Oct 05, 2021
cooooooks:
If you got your wife based on your money or business, some of these could be an issue.

If the marriage is based on mutual respect, love, unity, partnership; you two will be fine. The family could depend on her income, work to get you set up in something else, etc.

If your marriage is based on the impossible Kevin Samuels snake oil of HVM, "traditional", etc. Good luck.

God bless you bro
People be making assumptions on the issue

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

GEE WEARS!! Gowns,Sneakers,2pc, Jean,Hat,Turkey,Nig,China,Dubia, V / How To Be A Good Daughter-in-law / Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.