Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,168 members, 7,953,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:08 PM

I Guess This The Work Of Scammers? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Guess This The Work Of Scammers? (870 Views)

Lists Of Scammers On Telegram / New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today / Scammers Are Using Dooshima Dennis, Pretty Female Firefighter's Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Guess This The Work Of Scammers? by Auxtan(m): 8:40pm On Oct 04, 2021
Good day guys.

So I just checked my phone and saw a N3200 debit alert for my Access Bank account from PayUWebPymentLAGOS and I really didn't sub for anything online or give out my card details neither did I give out any OTP password sent to my phone EVER. Could this be the work of Scammers or it could be the handiwork of Access Bank?
Below is the screenshot of the debit alert from my Access bank app.

Thank you as you give me your important suggestions.

Re: I Guess This The Work Of Scammers? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 04, 2021
Still waiting for the screenshot
Re: I Guess This The Work Of Scammers? by gulfer: 8:42pm On Oct 04, 2021
Appears to me like a late receipt for something you did on the 31st August cool cool cool
And why did you delete the screenshot of the transaction
Re: I Guess This The Work Of Scammers? by xpressionx(m): 8:44pm On Oct 04, 2021
Hmmm
Re: I Guess This The Work Of Scammers? by Auxtan(m): 8:44pm On Oct 04, 2021
Joysticks:
Still waiting for the screenshot
Uploaded
Re: I Guess This The Work Of Scammers? by Auxtan(m): 8:45pm On Oct 04, 2021
gulfer:
Appears to me like a late receipt for something you did on the 31st August cool cool cool
And why did you delete the screenshot of the transaction
Had my name and account number before.
Re: I Guess This The Work Of Scammers? by jaeyking(m): 8:47pm On Oct 04, 2021
Auxtan:
Good day guys.

So I just checked my phone and saw a N3200 debit alert for my Access Bank account from PayUWebPymentLAGOS and I really didn't sub for anything online or gave out my card details neither did I gave out any OTP password sent to my phone EVER. Could this be the work of Scammers or it could be the handiwork of Access Bank?
Below is the screenshot of the debit alert from my Access bank app.

Thank you as you give me your important suggestions.

Hmm it looks like a transaction receipt from August 31st.

Unless scammer have started backdating reciept.

I would say that's a late reciept.

Dem touch your balance undecided undecided
Re: I Guess This The Work Of Scammers? by Auxtan(m): 8:48pm On Oct 04, 2021
jaeyking:

Hmm it looks like a transaction receipt from August 31st.

Unless scammer have started backdating reciept.

I would say that's a late reciept.

Dem touch your balance undecided undecided
An actual debit of the N3200 happened to my account. My account balance was affected.
Re: I Guess This The Work Of Scammers? by jaeyking(m): 8:51pm On Oct 04, 2021
Auxtan:

An actual debit of the N3200 happened to my account. My account balance was affected.

Hmm check your transaction history from August 30 till September 2nd.

Because it looks like a web payment
Re: I Guess This The Work Of Scammers? by Auxtan(m): 8:54pm On Oct 04, 2021
jaeyking:

Hmm check your transaction history from August 30 till September 2nd.

Because it looks like a web payment
Yeah boss. It is a debit that actually happened to my account this evening according to my account history and I haven't made any web payment in 3 weeks now and the last I made was for showmax and it was just a N1200 payment.
Re: I Guess This The Work Of Scammers? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 04, 2021
I made a transaction through fluterwave on the 30th of September and I received debit alert today 4th of October.I was mad when I saw the alert.But I started doing my findings before I called GTB and fluterwave out.I opened my GTB mobile banking app and my fluterwave username.I found out that the day I carryout the debit transactions I didn't receive alert that day.The debit alert just came in today.But why is there no instant alert on a debit transaction from GTB this days?What if someone else had hack my account and withdraw money and I didn't receive alert immediately?
Re: I Guess This The Work Of Scammers? by Auxtan(m): 9:02pm On Oct 04, 2021
Joysticks:
I made a transaction through fluterwave on the 30th of September and I received debit alert today 4th of October.I was mad when I saw the alert.But I started doing my findings before I called GTB and fluterwave out.I opened my GTB mobile banking app and my fluterwave username.I found out that the day I carryout the debit transactions I was never debited that day.The debit alert just came in today.But why is there no instant alert on a debit transaction from GTB this days?What if someone else had hack my account and withdraw money and I didn't receive alert immediately?
Like right now I am even scared of my money in the account and will be moving all soon. How will my balance be actually debited without any clear description of what it is for? I personally think this a web payment rebilling on me because they have my card details saved.

1 Like

Re: I Guess This The Work Of Scammers? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 04, 2021
Auxtan:

Like right now I am even scared of my money in the account and will be moving all soon. How will my balance be actually debited without any clear description of what it is for? I personally think this a web payment rebilling on me because they have my card details saved.
Do not use your debit card details to make a purchase online.Use mobile banking instead.
Re: I Guess This The Work Of Scammers? by Herbsworks: 9:49pm On Oct 04, 2021
I just got debited on same access bank. Someone else complained too. I think access bank has been hacked

1 Like

Re: I Guess This The Work Of Scammers? by Opexzy: 10:01pm On Oct 04, 2021
I have the same issue here too..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

States With The Highest Number Of Persons Arrested For Committing Bank Fraud / Young Man Allegedly Caught Stealing Female Pants In Bayelsa Community (video) / 'demonic Journalism' - Nigerian Military Blasts Reuters Over Feature Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.