Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,999 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? (1458 Views)

The Monthly Income Of Web Designers / Developers In Nigeria / Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? / 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? by AbiodunFaf(m): 12:21pm On May 30, 2011
The first question that comes to heart is I’m I really qualified to discuss this topic. Hey let me do a little bit of introduction of myself before I go indept into discussing this topic

My names are Fafunso Abiodun I have been into information technology for about 10 years now, here are my skills so far:
LANGUAGES : HTML, XHTML, DHTML, CSS, Javascript, Java, VB, VB.NET, Codefusion, PHP/Mysql.
IDES: MacroMedia Dreamweaver, MacroMedia Fireworks, MacroMedia Flash, SwithMax, Jscript, Notepad, Netbeans, Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw, Microsoft Frontpage, Microsoft VB, XAMMP
CMS: Joomla, Drupal, Blogs
Office Application: Microsoft Office Packages
Server Technology: Apache
Among others,

Now back to the topic, I have come across so many sites in te pursuit on my career a a web developer and I can categorically say that in this part of the world people do not really know the difference between web design and web development.

Let me shed light on this topic in a naught shell, while web design deals mainly with the structure and layout of a site and less about the functionality of the site, web applications are more concerned about the functionality of the site. That is web applications are developed to resolve a particular problem people will pay for or may not pay for.
Most people that we have in this country are just web designers and as such, most have just attended a two day seminar to get to the level they have gotten to and this has made the website design industry become bastardized with unscrupulous web designers who doesn’t know exactly what they are doing but rather after making quick money from there ignorant customers.
I retired from my business of making websites three years ago and went into research here are some of my findings after I came back from my retirement.

1. How many of the so called websites that we have been making the people that they are designed for money?
There is need for us to have a more objective websites and start to integrate web applications into our works if truly websites are online offices.

For those that may be interested I have a solution that is very easy for anyone to use now:
A scratch card based web application; this application can be used by anybody that is selling just anything service, products, event registration, school registration etc.
What you need to do to have one.
1. Think of a business idea that you know people are willing to pay for.
2. Forward your idea to fafunsoaiodun@gmail.com or simply call 08067388843.
3. Make an advance payment into my account anywhere you may be in the world or country
Call or email to get account details
The solution is just N80,000.00, advance payment of N50,000 will be made initially.
4. I will build the web application host it on a live server
5. Design the scracht cards and on your approval of the design
6. Send you 100 pieces of the scratch card or more based on your request.
7. You advertise or look for an avenue to sell the scratch cards and people come to your site
8. Do there registration and you go home with your money

Very simple abi.
I will expect to hear from you soon
Re: Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? by ogasir2011: 9:10pm On Jun 04, 2011
give us website links for jobs you have done, instead of posting your CV
Re: Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 04, 2011
AbiodunFaf:

Good day my names are Fafunso Abiodun , I am a renowned information technologist, a web developer and also a solution provider with over 10 years experience in information technology. Here are my skill sets
LANGUAGES : HTML, XHTML, DHTML, CSS, Javascript, Java, VB, VB.NET, Codefusion,  PHP/Mysql.
IDES: MacroMedia Dreamweaver, MacroMedia Fireworks, MacroMedia Flash, SwithMax, Jscript, Notepad, Netbeans, Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw, Microsoft Frontpage, Microsoft VB, XAMMP
Office Application:  Microsoft Office Packages
Among others,

[list]
[li]Are you a novice about websites and you need someone to attend to your questions?
Are you into web design and need someone to answer your questions that will take you to another level in the pursuit of your career as a web developer.
Do you want to choose web design or web development as a career and need someone that can guide you.
Send all your questions to fafunsoabiodun@gmail.com or call 08067388843 and I will personally attend to all your questions.[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

lawd of mercy! what kinda thing is this? you just wrote stuffs up that might impress newbies - but will annoy a professional.

First, when did DHTML become a language (are you sure you know the meaning)?
When you say VB/VB.NET can you please explain yourself? Are you saying vb 6.0/.NET?
What is swithMax? i hope it is not swishmax you are trying to say. . .
What IDE is called jscript? and when the be intimate with did notepad become an IDE? abi you
no sabi wetin IDE mean ni?
All those Graphic Editing GUIs have now become IDEs? or is it that you cannot distinguish
become IDE and GUI?
There is no IDE called Microsoft VB - Are you trying to say visual basic 6.0 IDE or what?
When did XAMMP become an IDE and if you say XAMMP is an IDE, then all the other LAMPs are
IDEs automatically - wtf?.
Now as for CMS, let us assume you know what CMS means sha, what CMS is called blogs?
or is it that i am outdated ni?

Now, now, you said you have been in this for 10 years, and yet you have no website to show
us? not even your personal or business website, or even past jobs you have done?
Or have you been lazing all these ten years?
Re: Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? by utimatedes(m): 11:48pm On Jun 04, 2011
AbiodunFaf:

The first question that comes to heart is I’m I really qualified to discuss this topic. Hey let me do a little bit of introduction of myself before I go indept into discussing this topic

My names are Fafunso Abiodun I have been into information technology for about 10 years now, here are my skills so far:
LANGUAGES : HTML, XHTML, DHTML, CSS, Javascript, Java, VB, VB.NET, Codefusion, PHP/Mysql.
Office Application: Microsoft Office Packages
Among others,

Now back to the topic, I have come across so many sites in te pursuit on my career a a web developer and I can categorically say that in this part of the world people do not really know the difference between web design and web development.

Let me shed light on this topic in a naught shell, while web design deals mainly with the structure and layout of a site and less about the functionality of the site, web applications are more concerned about the functionality of the site. That is web applications are developed to resolve a particular problem people will pay for or may not pay for.
Most people that we have in this country are just web designers and as such, most have just attended a two day seminar to get to the level they have gotten to and this has made the website design industry become bastardized with unscrupulous web designers who doesn’t know exactly what they are doing but rather after making quick money from there ignorant customers.
I retired from my business of making websites three years ago and went into research here are some of my findings after I came back from my retirement.

1. How many of the so called websites that we have been making the people that they are designed for money?
There is need for us to have a more objective websites and start to integrate web applications into our works if truly websites are online offices.

For those that may be interested I have a solution that is very easy for anyone to use now:
A scratch card based web application; this application can be used by anybody that is selling just anything service, products, event registration, school registration etc.
What you need to do to have one.
1. Think of a business idea that you know people are willing to pay for.
2. Forward your idea to fafunsoaiodun@gmail.com or simply call 08067388843.
3. Make an advance payment into my account anywhere you may be in the world or country
Call or email to get account details
The solution is just N80,000.00, advance payment of N50,000 will be made initially.
4. I will build the web application host it on a live server
5. Design the scracht cards and on your approval of the design
6. Send you 100 pieces of the scratch card or more based on your request.
7. You advertise or look for an avenue to sell the scratch cards and people come to your site
8. Do there registration and you go home with your money

Very simple abi.
I will expect to hear from you soon
"A Pot Calling a Kettle Black", That is what you are!

When I saw the title and went on to read the first paragraph, it got me enticing, but the remaining paragraphs especially the last two paragraphs make me mad.

You are condemning others, the real fact is that you are one of them.

For more than 10 years of experiences and researches as you claims, by now you should have learned how to brand and market yourself instead of fooling around.

You talk about web development and at the end, you also market your so-called recharge card business/portal, don't you think you should probably have listed the demo of your portal to convince your potential clients?

You don't have anything to offer and you are not qualified to call yourself a web developer as you have said it all,
"The first question that comes to heart is I’m I really qualified to discuss this topic."
Re: Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 05, 2011
I asked questions, and somebody deleted them? what kinda nonsense thing is that?
Anyway sha, this stoopid idiot is nothing but a fraud, and he cannot even defend the nonsense
that he is posting. . .he says dhtml is a programming language, says XAMPP is an IDE?
and says notepad is an IDE, and he cannot even distinguish between IDE and GUI wtf?
Re: Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? by Slyr0x: 1:13pm On Jun 05, 2011
DHTML. .It was the bot

Dhtml's post below

lawd of mercy! what kinda thing is this? you just wrote stuffs up that might impress newbies - but will annoy a professional.

First, when did DHTML become a language (are you sure you know the meaning)?
When you say VB/VB.NET can you please explain yourself? Are you saying vb 6.0/.NET?
What is swithMax? i hope it is not swishmax you are trying to say. . .
What IDE is called jscript? and when the be intimate with did notepad become an IDE? abi you
no sabi wetin IDE mean ni?
All those Graphic Editing GUIs have now become IDEs? or is it that you cannot distinguish
become IDE and GUI?
There is no IDE called Microsoft VB - Are you trying to say visual basic 6.0 IDE or what?
When did XAMMP become an IDE and if you say XAMMP is an IDE, then all the other LAMPs are
IDEs automatically - wtf?.
Now as for CMS, let us assume you know what CMS means sha, what CMS is called blogs?
or is it that i am outdated ni?

Now, now, you said you have been in this for 10 years, and yet you have no website to show
us? not even your personal or business website, or even past jobs you have done?
Or have you been lazing all these ten years?
Re: Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? by Slyr0x: 1:18pm On Jun 05, 2011
Me sef i need to get a portfolio o0. . grin

My names are Mr Slyr0x Olowoporoku I have been into information technology for about 100 years now and am still alive, here are my skills so far:
LANGUAGES : HTML, XHTML, CSS, Javascript, Java, PHP/Mysql, python, perl, ruby, yoruba, spanish. grin
IDES: Notepad, Command Prompt wink
CMS: Obalende and co
Office Application: VLC Player

grin grin

The guy just wan use grammar dabaru people's brain. grin
Re: Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 05, 2011
Programming Languages: DHTML, Ajax, Jquery, XSS, DNS
IDE: GoDaddy, Internet Explorer, CPANEL, NAIRALAND
CMS: Otigba, Alaba, Nigeriano
Office Application: Linux, Unix, Lynx
Browsers: Google chrome, nairaland spam bot

el cartel es estupidio y idiota, but it is a free world sha. . .
Re: Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? by DualCore1: 7:23pm On Jun 05, 2011
Babes: yawa, afrobaby and the other babes making up the top 20 hottest women on NL.
Re: Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:30am On Jun 06, 2011
Dual Core:

Babes: yawa, afrobaby and the other babes making up the top 20 hottest women on NL.
iZ tHaT yOuR PoRtFoLiO?
Re: Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? by DualCore1: 6:20am On Jun 06, 2011
ofcox
Re: Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:13am On Jun 06, 2011
FuNnY Cv BuT iT iS StIlL BeTtEr ThAn SeNoR IdIoTaS Cv tongue
Re: Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? by AbiodunFaf(m): 1:34pm On Jun 06, 2011
Hey what a busy thread I can see that most people in here are just critics who have nothing to teach others and nothing to learn. I sent those stuffs I sent from a my phone and as such could not edit properly.

Let me tell you no one is perfect and if all you sit down on this thread to do is critize it does not add any advantage to you and does not contribute to anyones growth.

You blab on this thread too much forgetting that it is not everyone that is a scammer like one of you have said.

If you want to see my works there are lots of them but for personal reasons I don't share such because of personal reasons and if you insist I will no big deal about that.

Please contribute positively and stop this your undue criticisms.
Re: Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 06, 2011
ok, boyz, please contribute positively. . .

Moi kontribution: ThIs ThReAd Iz FaNtAsTiCo!
Re: Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? by mrperfect(m): 10:47pm On Jun 06, 2011
Hey, Why did this thread turn to comedy smiley?
Re: Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:18am On Jun 07, 2011
mrperfect:

Hey, Why did this thread turn to comedy smiley?
It was a comedy to start with. . .i was never awared that he changed. . .i apologize for being a comedian thread spoiler
Re: Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? by AbiodunFaf(m): 11:49am On Jun 07, 2011
I think it is time to go to class some of us here that comes online really do not have a thorough understanding of information technology they just stumbled on it over night will not let those that knows more than them even have a little bit of breatn.

Let me start this class by defining some basic terms;

1. IDE; The full meaning of IDE is integrated development environment.

Let me break it down. Any interface that allows you to write even just ordinary codes to achieve a specific programming objective is regarded as a development area or environment.

It becomes an integrated development area when it has more than one ways to achieve the same task.

Take for example In Microsoft frontpage, we have the section to write codes and we have the section where you can design without codes. Such a platform like this is an IDE.

That is why Netbeans is regarded as an IDE. It has so many sections in it that can be used to achieve the same thing and supports one another.

IDE is just an English word for those of you that don't know.

So if you are asked the next time that what are the examples of IDE, I believe that with this short article you should have a better idea what to say.

Please you can prove me wrong if I am wrong,
Re: Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? by sisqology(m): 11:55am On Jun 07, 2011
10 over 8 cheesy
Re: Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? by DualCore1: 1:34pm On Jun 07, 2011
AbiodunFaf:

IDES:  Jscript, Notepad, XAMMP

AbiodunFaf:

1. IDE; The full meaning of IDE is integrated development environment.

Let me break it down. Any interface that allows you to write even just ordinary codes to achieve a specific programming objective is regarded as a development area or environment.

It becomes an integrated development area when it has more than one ways to achieve the same task.

Take for example In Microsoft frontpage, we have the section to write codes and we have the section where you can design without codes. Such a platform like this is an IDE.

That is why Netbeans is regarded as an IDE. It has so many sections in it that can be used to achieve the same thing and supports one another.

IDE is just an English word for those of you that don't know.

I learned a lot of what I know today from the posts of people here, please do not confuse the "next" set of programmers here who are learning the basics now with your ideas. I have no problems with your opinions as long as you add a disclaimer to them stating they are strictly your opinions and not professionally accepted fact.

Off the records, I lost all seriousness for you when I saw your "works". Trust me, they have come and gone, plenty of them! Even the ones that dont know <address> is a html tag but will insult you and call you silly for using <address></address> in a code snippet. We have seen just soooo many like that. Trust me, no serious person here will start taking you seriously if things continue like this. Nothing personal, just a bro 2 bro truth sharing.
Re: Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? by AbiodunFaf(m): 2:51pm On Jun 07, 2011
Thanks bro for your advice, I will stick to it. Opinion is a universal language, you don't have to percieve it as being right or wrong. I saw what you have as well but mind you it is not professional at all to say that what a collegue of yours have pieces you off.

I mean think about it very well. I will dish out some very professional materials here if you care you can join me, you know what I mean when people like you continue spoiling the grounds for such good works to start. I need to make some of you understand that I really know what I am doing.

So as t o create the needed ground for the learning to start.

I sincerely do not take things personal at all and sincerely appreciate your candid advice,
Re: Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? by utimatedes(m): 4:36pm On Jun 07, 2011
It is very easy to go online and search for definition of IDE and other development tools, but knowing how to use it become a problem.

A girl friend of mind studying at LASPOTECH was giving an assignment on "List Part of typewriter and their function?", and "Difference Between Classification of Business and Type of Business".

I quickly reached online and with google search, I was able to find a complete answers to all her questions.

But what surprised me most after that was when she happily told me that she score 15 over 20 for "List Part of typewriter and their function?" and 8/10 for "Difference Between Classification of Business and Type of Business".

For God sake those topics never my area of studies. I study Mechanical Engineering, but was able to provide answers to her questions which she claims she didn't have Textbook that cover the topics.

What am trying to point out here is that, it easy to provide a comprehensive information about anything (even complex medical treatment), but knowing it become a problem.

So providing definition of IDE etc doesn't make you a programmer/developer.

When you are being criticized positively when you makes mistake, take it or you will remain a failure.
Re: Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:10am On Jun 08, 2011
Mr Poster, true i had some formal computer science education, but this one you are calling Jscript, Notepad IDEs is shameful, and i am dissapointed.
And you dared to call DHML (a technique or whatever) a programming language? That means ajax/jquery too should be programming languages?

What is the point of being able to define IDE (any idiota can google up that), but you cannot correctly identify what falls under GUI and what falls under IDE?

You can go to google and search for Notepad IDE. You will see that the only one classified as an IDE (with reservations) is Notepad++ which i have been using
for years - but trust me, it is just a pa-la-sa IDE, e no get mouth beside proper IDEs.

And i will tell you very quickly, i dont have any problems with you posting your OPINIONS, but try to post things correctly, and all those your works are nonsense and shameful, i just dont want to be the first to say so.

Anyway, if you refuse to accept the opinions of those that know more than what you claim to know in this field, that is your own cup of tea piece of code!
Re: Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? by eliteweb(m): 12:57am On Jun 09, 2011
It gladens me 2 know dat pipo like DHTML re still much in d top gear of web development. Well done! U all re wonderful.
Re: Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 09, 2011
Thanks. As for me, i am just trying sha, doing what i can, but i dont try to make mouth more than what i can do.
Re: Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? by lojik(m): 6:45pm On Jun 10, 2011
I hold dhtml and slyrox in such high esteem and i find it difficult to reason with their method of approach to this thread. I believe they must have reacted because of the poster's topic.
We all started from somewhere b4 we got to where we can stand our grounds in web development 2day. I think the experienced programmers owe it a responsibility to correct upcoming developers in encouragement and not making jests and attacking their mistakes all because of our belief in our professional superiority.

How do we plan to encourage and mentor upcoming developers if all we do is make jest of their English anytime they try to sell their solution?

@poster
U need to be careful in selecting your topics lest u trample on people's ego because u may trigger an attack on your adverts and posts. Some people have spent years in developing their profile and take it personally if u talk down on them (developers).
Re: Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? by DualCore1: 7:37pm On Jun 10, 2011
lojik:

I think the experienced programmers owe it a responsibility to correct upcoming developers in encouragement
The upcoming developers owe it a responsibility to come here to seek knowledge not deceive.

In my opinion, the thread is targeted at CEOs and Investors who don't know anything and will be swayed by "10 years" worth of techologies to grow their business. Sadly those kinda people hardly come here.
Re: Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? by Slyr0x: 9:36pm On Jun 10, 2011
lojik:

I hold dhtml and slyrox in such high esteem and i find it difficult to reason with their method of approach to this thread. I believe they must have reacted because of the poster's topic.
We all started from somewhere b4 we got to where we can stand our grounds in web development 2day. I think the experienced programmers owe it a responsibility to correct upcoming developers in encouragement and not making jests and attacking their mistakes all because of our belief in our professional superiority.

How do we plan to encourage and mentor upcoming developers if all we do is make jest of their English anytime they try to sell their solution?

@poster
U need to be careful in selecting your topics lest u trample on people's ego because u may trigger an attack on your adverts and posts. Some people have spent years in developing their profile and take it personally if u talk down on them (developers).

Well said bruv. .The poster should've looked around the board before posting such a topic.

Off-Topic: Where have you been bro?
Re: Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? by lojik(m): 8:01am On Jun 11, 2011
In my opinion, the thread is targeted at CEOs and Investors who don't know anything and will be swayed by "10 years" worth of techologies to grow their business. Sadly those kinda people hardly come here.
I have to agree with that.

@sly
Off-Topic: Where have you been bro?
Got tired of one-time contracts and custom app dev. so i decided to build a self sustaining company and start developing commercial applications with international appeal. This took so much of my time initially but i got developers now and i have some viable commercial products too so i'm kinda getting my freedom back gradually.
Re: Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 11, 2011
Hola lojik, you see, this poster came in here posing like a professional and abusing those that are true professionals. His language is very wrong. . .

It is his language that got me and most likely others pissed off.

Under less "awesome" circumstances, I would not have acted like that, but the guy had it coming. He came in here with guns blazing and acting like a coyboy. Of course, he got shot at (not my fault really).

If he had come in here asking for contributions without offending anyone, we would have gladly assisted him. ;-)
Re: Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? by DualCore1: 11:18pm On Jun 11, 2011
lojik:

I have to agree with that.

@slyGot tired of one-time contracts and custom app dev. so i decided to build a self sustaining company and start developing commercial applications with international appeal. This took so much of my time initially but i got developers now and i have some viable commercial products too so i'm kinda getting my freedom back gradually.

Egbun mii ti hammer sha
Re: Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? by jmoore(m): 12:20am On Jun 12, 2011
This script just lost its 'comeditology' . its time you guys started writing comedy movie scripts
Re: Are There Really Good Website Developers In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:37am On Jun 12, 2011
Dual Core:

Egbun mii ti hammer sha
Too much money.com, egbon bera consider hiring me. . . (i hope you get some very pweety babes there eh?)

(1) (Reply)

Taprap Limited - Worst Hosting And Domain Purchase Company / I Need Your Comments On This Blog I Created For My Company With Blogger / See What Nigerians Search For In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.