Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,717 members, 7,955,691 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:59 PM

Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Now Back Online - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Now Back Online (15366 Views)

How Did You React When You Noticed That You Can't Access Facebook, Whatsapp? / How Is The Global Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Outage Affecting You? / Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Are Down Worldwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Now Back Online by peacettw: 6:57am On Oct 05, 2021
I suggest it should be yanked off our lives forever.
Re: Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Now Back Online by stanliwise(m): 7:29am On Oct 05, 2021
chris4gold:
Imagine MTN sending messages to inform me about Facebook down, wetin concern Musa for gate grin
So you will not fire MTN that is why
Re: Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Now Back Online by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 7:31am On Oct 05, 2021
Welcome Development
Re: Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Now Back Online by Revolva(m): 8:00am On Oct 05, 2021
F..uck three of dem
Re: Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Now Back Online by powerblaze(m): 8:01am On Oct 05, 2021
OhiOfIhima:
Bcoz of the down service of Facebook Inc, I came to realized Telegram has the best voice call, very free flow and excellent.

Exactly! The voice call is 10/10
Re: Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Now Back Online by MartinsD12(m): 8:25am On Oct 05, 2021
Stone123:
Facebook, and WhatsApp are gradually making their way back online... developing

Note that these two apps including Instagram – which are all owned by Facebook, and run on shared infrastructure – stopped working shortly before 5pm today October 4, Other related products, such as Facebook Messenger and Workplace also experienced same outage.

It is still unclear what has caused the issue although the company has suffered outages before. However, what matters most to many Nairalanders and indeed the businesses and everyone that use these social media platforms are that there are gradually coming back up.
Just 6 hours of Facebook, whatsapp, Instagram being down the world is shaking, this shows how indispensable these three apps can be and mark is a great man for owning these three major social media networks, it's like owning the whole world media and communication and many businesses depend on him to survive, it's not easy, I feel the pressure, hackers are not happy, they are evil scammers.

1 Like

Re: Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Now Back Online by tradepunter: 8:29am On Oct 05, 2021
Lionnation:
I am WhatsApp now but I wish they stay much longer

I swear I don't care about facebook and others.

But this WhatsApp ehhn.... My clients, my family chat and friends.

I thought I wasn't a social media person but the WhatsApp downtime affected me grin grin
Re: Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Now Back Online by tradepunter: 8:32am On Oct 05, 2021
OhiOfIhima:
Bcoz of the down service of Facebook Inc, I came to realized Telegram has the best voice call, very free flow and excellent.

Then stick to it, every Man with him own
Re: Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Now Back Online by woleabayo(f): 8:34am On Oct 05, 2021
buhari will be happy for that few hours
Re: Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Now Back Online by chris4gold(m): 8:35am On Oct 05, 2021
WoundedLamb:

It could be a paid service.

You are right bro
Re: Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Now Back Online by OhiOfIhima: 9:00am On Oct 05, 2021
tradepunter:

Then stick to it, every Man with him own

I would have loved to but I just have few friends on telegram. A trial will convince you.
Re: Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Now Back Online by tradepunter: 9:13am On Oct 05, 2021
OhiOfIhima:

I would have loved to but I just have few friends on telegram. A trial will convince you.

We are in a democratic system of things... If people choose to be here, then that's just the way it is.

I have used telegram nothing special...maybe it's because I am not a social media person.

WhatsApp fits my active and inactivity in the social media space
Re: Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Now Back Online by Sazeals(m): 11:07am On Oct 05, 2021
Eriokanmi:
These guys are super. Mike should please always inform users next time by sending messages across to us so we could be aware beforehand, except what happened was a sudden and unprecedented error.

If it's not sudden error
You for don see message
Re: Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Now Back Online by Sazeals(m): 11:12am On Oct 05, 2021
LilMissRobbie:

You can say this dumb shit because you've built your whole life around social media. To those who actually go out to perform their day to day activities, it was just a normal evening.

People just say trash to justify themselves
How the hell did you know his whole life was built around social media

Who cares if it's a normal evening for you

Is it a normal evening for people that run their business on WhatsApp

Or you think it's a normal evening for apps using Facebook api for authentication
Smh

So all in one word

You can say this dumb shit cos you think people don't have a life outside social media or cos you think no one's relying on social media services for their business
Re: Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Now Back Online by Sazeals(m): 11:15am On Oct 05, 2021
Ifeanyimiracle9:
Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram went offline because someone nuked(destroyed) the DNS and made Facebook available for purchase. If you search for the domain name facebook.com it will pop up on your domain tools but now it has been recovered.
All thanks to mark and his team great job��

Bros haha
Why you choose nuke as the word you want to use cheesy grin grin
Re: Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Now Back Online by Eriokanmi: 12:41pm On Oct 05, 2021
Sazeals:

If it's not sudden error
You for don see message
So what's it then? Something which happened all of a sudden wouldn't tell you it's going to happen so you could stay prepared ahead. If for instance, they wanted to upgrade their server, they'd have sent a message ahead, that they'd go offline for xyz hours. I'm not sure they anticipated what happened otherwise, they'd have sent a message across. It was a sudden occurrence.
Re: Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Now Back Online by Sazeals(m): 12:45pm On Oct 05, 2021
Eriokanmi:
So what's it then? Something which happened all of a sudden wouldn't tell you it's going to happen so you could stay prepared ahead. If for instance, they wanted to upgrade their server, they'd have sent a message ahead, that they'd go offline for xyz hours. I'm not sure they anticipated what happened otherwise, they'd have sent a message across. It was a sudden occurrence.

Your last sentence is what I'm trying to say
That it's an unexpected error
If not you for don see message that the server is about to go down
Re: Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Now Back Online by Ifeanyimiracle9(m): 12:47pm On Oct 05, 2021
Sazeals:

Bros haha
Why you choose nuke as the word you want to use cheesy grin grin
I don't know �
Re: Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Now Back Online by Eriokanmi: 12:52pm On Oct 05, 2021
Sazeals:

Your last sentence is what I'm trying to say
That it's an unexpected error
If not you for don see message that the server is about to go down
ooh, ok
Re: Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Now Back Online by damocool(m): 1:51pm On Oct 05, 2021
Funny enough didn't know till i read about it a while ago..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stop Airtel Night Plan / Airtel 1500-3GB On Android / RIP Nokia! Nokia CEO Cries Uncontrollably As Microsoft Acquires Nokia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.