Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,410 members, 7,836,642 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Tribalism Our Major Problem In Nigeria. My Experience With A Client - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribalism Our Major Problem In Nigeria. My Experience With A Client (2194 Views)

Peter Obi Is Our Major Problem In The North. PDP Spokesman Daniel Bwala / Uzodinma: Winning The Election Is Our Major Priority Not Religious Arguments / Ango Abdullahi: Buhari’s Major Problem Is Incompetent And Selfish Lieutenants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribalism Our Major Problem In Nigeria. My Experience With A Client by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 05, 2021
This country will continue to experience deep mess if we don't over grow to an extent this thing called tribalism and religion. Honestly, both are causing us deep pain but many are yet to realize it.

I had a terrible experience with a male client yesterday, (tribe withheld) but for those who can guess where it happened best of luck.

So I am big time into real estate, and I had this bungalow someone gave to me to sell. I have been marketing this property for the past 2 weeks, of course people have been showing interest and inspections happening so fast and almost daily as usual but price has kept the property in the market thus far.

Just yesterday my phone rang and it was a colleague who was bringing a client to come check the property. I hurriedly left my station to the location of the property. Then the client arrived and we exchanged pleasantry. Long story short he inspected the property and seemed cool with the location and structure.

Then I noticed he spoke to me in his dialect and I responded in English, I saw the surprise all over his face like wtf. Then right there he asked me, are you not bla bla bla (his tribe) and I said no and he said, you mean my kingsman gave you a stranger his property to market? And I said yes and he walked straight to his car and drove off with my colleague that was the last I heard from him.

Then I called my colleague to ask about the client and he told me he was not happy seeing a stranger selling the property in their land and that he seemed not interested anymore. I was shocked to my bone marrow.

I have been left in shock since yesterday. How can a man in his middle 50s act in that manner as exposed as he seemed because mere looking at him and hearing him speak you will know he is an alite. He can't be placed in the class of low lives.

I have been left wondering if such rooted sentiment is deeply sitting in this man then where is this one Nigeria we talk about and preach? It also means that this man can not hand over his valuable to someone from another tribe to sell, it must be someone from his own tribe.

Well, just this morning I received a letter of offer from another buyer who had earlier inspected and by Gods grace my market go soon sell.

Tribalism is evil, let's do away with it before it consumes us. We were first humans before tribe.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribalism Our Major Problem In Nigeria. My Experience With A Client by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 05, 2021
Why you no wan talk the name of the tribe.

The only thing you don't owe us is saying the names and location.

Nah person wey never comot for him state of origin go another state or geopolitical region go think say Nigeria is United.

E get one GUS season like that, wey b say a guy from the SE talk say, e dey hear say Yorubas are weaklings, so e dey shock say the Yoruba guy is that strong

Chidi mokeme was the host of the show back then.

Only a total restructuring of Nigeria go help this country, powerful Geopolitical region or very powerful state.

We can't be running Nigeria like China and expect it to work. In China, absolute majority of the population are Chinese.

Let's run Nigeria like the USA or UK.

If we can't agree on a way to run Nigeria, then we should go our different ways.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tribuneonlineng.com/reps-kick-against-buharis-appointment-of-two-northerners-as-chairman-secretary-of-federal-character-commission/amp/

Imagine Wetin president do, shey dem even suppose tell am say this kin thing no right for Nigeria?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalism Our Major Problem In Nigeria. My Experience With A Client by izzou(m): 2:11pm On Oct 05, 2021
Going through your profile, I think you should take the advice more.

You sef get tribalism for body sha. You just met your other half in another tribe.

I'm happy for your sales though. Daalu

25 Likes

Re: Tribalism Our Major Problem In Nigeria. My Experience With A Client by Eriokanmi: 2:11pm On Oct 05, 2021
SouthMustBeFree:
This country will continue to experience deep mess if we don't over grow to an extent this thing called tribalism and religion. Honestly, both are causing us deep pain but many are yet to realize it.

I had a terrible experience with a male client yesterday, (tribe withheld) but for those who can guess where it happened best of luck.

So I am big time into real estate, and I had this bungalow someone gave to me to sell. I have been marketing this property for the past 2 weeks, of course people have been showing interest and inspections happening so fast and almost daily as usual but price has kept the property in the market thus far.

Just yesterday my phone rang and it was a colleague who was bringing a client to come check the property. I hurriedly left my station to the location of the property. Then the client arrived and we exchanged pleasantry. Long story short he inspected the property and seemed cool with the location and structure.

Then I noticed he spoke to me in his dialect and I responded in English, I saw the surprise all over his face like wtf. Then right there he asked me, are you not bla bla bla (his tribe) and I said no and he said, you mean my kingsman gave you a stranger his property to market? And I said yes and he walked straight to his car and drove off with my colleague that was the last I heard from him.

Then I called my colleague to ask about the client and he told me he was not happy seeing a stranger selling the property in their land and that he seemed not interested anymore. I was shocked to my bone marrow.

I have been left in shock since yesterday. How can a man in his middle 50s act in that manner as exposed as he seemed because mere looking at him and hearing him speak you will know he is an alite. He can't be placed in the class of low lives.

I have been left wondering if such rooted sentiment is deeply sitting in this man then where is this one Nigeria we talk about and preach? It also means that this man can not hand over his valuable to someone from another tribe to sell, it must be someone from his own tribe.

Well, just this morning I received a letter of offer from another buyer who had earlier inspected and by Gods grace my market go soon sell.

Tribalism is evil, let's do away with it before it consumes us. We were first humans before tribe.
You need to modify your post to reflect your topic. Which tribe particularly? Nobody would kill you if you mention one. If you ask me, every region is guilty of this, except yoruba. Na we first dey go marry igbo and hausas before they copied us grin

My first experience with tribalism was when I was posted to serve as a corper. I noticed all hausas and igbos were always gathered in one place , secluding themselves from us yorubas. We didn't do what they were all doing as we mixed with everybody inside the orientation camp freely, even forcing them to take pictures with us, even in same platoon. My doctor friend first noticed this . The only difference I saw was that, their female counterparts were mingling freely with us.

If you want to see the true description of Nigeria, get to the orientation camp. This trend goes down to the way each region is today. We happen to be the only region and tribe who is more tolerant. We don't want to know whether you're ibo or hausa. So long as you come in peace, we embrace you with all our hearts. Like I've always said, we're the only tribe upholding the unity of this country from time immemorial. Hausas want to divide us with sharia and ibo wants Biafra. We've been victim of Nigerian unity, even losing MKO and Co in the battle for one Nigeria. I remember in 1993 when every tribe left us in lagos. We didn't move an inch.

This country won't break until when we're ready to leave . Since we started the agitation, the country hasn't been doing things right...our economy even felt it. We hold the magic wand. Even when a non yoruba is president , we're still the ones doing the job underneath. The vat issue which is almost tearing Nigeria apart was brought up by a yorubaman at the first southern governors meetings g in asaba and wike was roaring like a lion during the meeting...that's class for you. Na God dash us the sense. These are the stuffs they've never known until now but we did and kept. We're the ones holding Biafra and they know it. Once we say...e don do, we wan commot... you see how things would begin falling apart grin.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalism Our Major Problem In Nigeria. My Experience With A Client by loveth360(f): 2:16pm On Oct 05, 2021
You don't need to mention the tribe because from you story i already know.

This the very reason i dey laugh easterners that still believes in one Nigeria chant.

Afonjas.

6 Likes

Re: Tribalism Our Major Problem In Nigeria. My Experience With A Client by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 05, 2021
I don't want to mention the tribe because I don't want to encourage tribal war on the thread please.

1 Like

Re: Tribalism Our Major Problem In Nigeria. My Experience With A Client by Nadaken: 2:18pm On Oct 05, 2021
Tell buhari this

He has reminded us how much tribe and religion makes a difference

A Yoruba man was saying how he meet buhari and he asked him if his members were Northern muslim

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tribalism Our Major Problem In Nigeria. My Experience With A Client by ivolt: 2:19pm On Oct 05, 2021
It is only tribalism when it affects you but "freedom" when you are the perpetrator
Merely judging from your moniker, you are likely an irredeemable tribalist yourself.

13 Likes

Re: Tribalism Our Major Problem In Nigeria. My Experience With A Client by Maxymilliano(m): 2:20pm On Oct 05, 2021
You never ready to do business

Go to places like Alaba Int, Aspamda, Ladipo market and other Ibo dominated business areas in Lagos, conversing in their local language will automatically bring you closer to the business owner and smoothen your transactions. Same with the Hausas, once they identify you communicate in the language they understand, you'd enjoy good discounted deals as they will see you as brothers that was probably born in foreign land

Talking from experience.

3 Likes

Re: Tribalism Our Major Problem In Nigeria. My Experience With A Client by Nadaken: 2:20pm On Oct 05, 2021
ivolt:
It is only tribalism when it affects you but merely judging from your moniker,
you are likely an irredeemable tribalist yourself.
judging from his moniker all I see is a sensible person calling for freedom (which is not tribalism) from those who have waged tribal/religious war on his region

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribalism Our Major Problem In Nigeria. My Experience With A Client by Paretomaster1(m): 2:23pm On Oct 05, 2021
SouthMustBeFree:

Definitely people from Kpotor republic..... Na only them dey do that kind thing..

3 Likes

Re: Tribalism Our Major Problem In Nigeria. My Experience With A Client by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 05, 2021
ivolt:
It is only tribalism when it affects you but merely judging from your moniker,
you are likely an irredeemable tribalist yourself.

I didn't call your name in my post and you must not comment just to show the world how uncouth you are please.
Re: Tribalism Our Major Problem In Nigeria. My Experience With A Client by gambia(m): 2:23pm On Oct 05, 2021
One Nigeria is a pure SCAM.
Re: Tribalism Our Major Problem In Nigeria. My Experience With A Client by ivolt: 2:29pm On Oct 05, 2021
Nadaken:
judging from his moniker all I see is a sensible person calling for freedom (which is not tribalism) from those who have waged tribal/religious war on his region
Only slaves call for "freedom" and I doubt the OP consider himself a slave.
Tribalism exists because it is sensible to shortsighted tribalists.
I have no problem with his kind but it is silly for tribalists to be complaining of tribalism.

3 Likes

Re: Tribalism Our Major Problem In Nigeria. My Experience With A Client by Nadaken: 2:31pm On Oct 05, 2021
ivolt:

Only slaves call for "freedom" and I doubt the OP consider himself a slave.
Tribalism exists because it is sensible to shortsighted tribalists.
I have no problem with his kind but it is silly for tribalists to be complaining of tribalism.
Slave you say?

Can you tell us when you negotiated yourself into this entity called Nigeria that was a British slave company?

3 Likes

Re: Tribalism Our Major Problem In Nigeria. My Experience With A Client by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 05, 2021
Wheen i heard kinsman, stranger, in our land..i know it must be an igbo man

5 Likes

Re: Tribalism Our Major Problem In Nigeria. My Experience With A Client by Sergio101(m): 2:41pm On Oct 05, 2021
You don't need to tell us the people you had the tough with.

Yollobawa!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalism Our Major Problem In Nigeria. My Experience With A Client by dasparrow: 3:36pm On Oct 05, 2021
Tribalism has always been a big problem in Nigeria for as long as I can remember. It is a cancer in the society that has eaten deep into the psych of the average Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Tribalism Our Major Problem In Nigeria. My Experience With A Client by helinues: 5:07am On Oct 06, 2021
Probably the person used that as an excuse..

Btw, this thread is laced with so many lies

1 Like

Re: Tribalism Our Major Problem In Nigeria. My Experience With A Client by Grace001: 5:30am On Oct 06, 2021
Continue to deceive yourself and be chanting fake ONE NIGERIA
Re: Tribalism Our Major Problem In Nigeria. My Experience With A Client by helinues: 5:32am On Oct 06, 2021
Eriokanmi:
You need to modify your post to reflect your topic. Which tribe particularly? Nobody would kill you if you mention one. If you ask me, every region is guilty of this, except yoruba. Na we first dey go marry igbo and hausas before they copied us grin

My first experience with tribalism was when I was posted to serve as a corper. I noticed all hausas and igbos were always gathered in one place , secluding themselves from us yorubas. We didn't do what they were all doing as we mixed with everybody inside the orientation camp freely, even forcing them to take pictures with us, even in same platoon. My doctor friend first noticed this . The only difference I saw was that, their female counterparts were mingling freely with us.

If you want to see the true description of Nigeria, get to the orientation camp. This trend goes down to the way each region is today. We happen to be the only region and tribe who is more tolerant. We don't want to know whether you're ibo or hausa. So long as you come in peace, we embrace you with all our hearts. Like I've always said, we're the only tribe upholding the unity of this country from time immemorial. Hausas want to divide us with sharia and ibo wants Biafra. We've been victim of Nigerian unity, even losing MKO and Co in the battle for one Nigeria. I remember in 1993 when every tribe left us in lagos. We didn't move an inch.

This country won't break until when we're ready to leave . Since we started the agitation, the country hasn't been doing things right...our economy even felt it. We hold the magic wand. Even when a non yoruba is president , we're still the ones doing the job underneath. The vat issue which is almost tearing Nigeria apart was brought up by a yorubaman at the first southern governors meetings g in asaba and wike was roaring like a lion during the meeting...that's class for you. Na God dash us the sense. These are the stuffs they've never known until now but we did and kept. We're the ones holding Biafra and they know it. Once we sa...e don do, see how things would begin falling apart grin.

@ emboldened, remove the logs in your eyes fast fast

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalism Our Major Problem In Nigeria. My Experience With A Client by ozoebuka1(m): 5:38am On Oct 06, 2021
izzou:
Going through your profile, I think you should take the advice more.

You sef get tribalism for body sha. You just met your other half in another tribe.

I'm happy for your sales though. Daalu
Dude was complaining because it hit him in real life. He thought his tribalistic comments won't catch up with him in real life.

8 Likes

Re: Tribalism Our Major Problem In Nigeria. My Experience With A Client by IkpuMmadu: 5:38am On Oct 06, 2021
Eriokanmi:

This country won't break until when we're ready to leave . Since we started the agitation, the country hasn't been doing things right...our economy even felt it. We hold the magic wand. Even when a non yoruba is president , we're still the ones doing the job underneath. The vat issue which is almost tearing Nigeria apart was brought up by a yorubaman at the first southern governors meetings g in asaba and wike was roaring like a lion during the meeting...that's class for you. Na God dash us the sense. These are the stuffs they've never known until now but we did and kept. We're the ones holding Biafra and they know it. Once we sa...e don do, see how things would begin falling apart grin.

story....I live in Lagos and I know Yoruba well...

is Igboho not Yoruba and ready to leave ....why haven't the country broken

1 Like

Re: Tribalism Our Major Problem In Nigeria. My Experience With A Client by ruggedtimi(m): 6:21am On Oct 06, 2021
Eriokanmi:

ijaws no get issue....for nysc camp ijaws they mix up with other tribes, infact my bunk mate was a northerner and I was like the only friend he had around our corner in the hostel. I spoke to him asking questions about where he is from and his religion without any sentiment. Corpers from the south especially rivers, bayelsa and delta state are the most friendly and anti-tribalistic set of people you meet in nysc camp

3 Likes

Re: Tribalism Our Major Problem In Nigeria. My Experience With A Client by oldsage: 6:23am On Oct 06, 2021
Op is probably a tribalist himself. You just said his kinsman gave you the property to market and that did not speak sense to you. You painted the whole story as if it is a tribe thing, every tribe definitely have the good eggs and the bad ones. Work on your personality.

5 Likes

Re: Tribalism Our Major Problem In Nigeria. My Experience With A Client by Amumaigwe: 6:26am On Oct 06, 2021
Eriokanmi:

What if you are told that the botched buyer is Yoruba and the agent Igbo?

1 Like

Re: Tribalism Our Major Problem In Nigeria. My Experience With A Client by Eriokanmi: 8:16am On Oct 06, 2021
ruggedtimi:
ijaws no get issue....for nysc camp ijaws they mix up with other tribes, infact my bunk mate was a northerner and I was like the only friend he had around our corner in the hostel. I spoke to him asking questions about where he is from and his religion without any sentiment. Corpers from the south especially rivers, bayelsa and delta state are the most friendly and anti-tribalistic set of people you meet in nysc camp
Yes..Ijaw, Edo and other minority ethic groups in the south and some parts of the North like kaduna South aren't discriminating.
Re: Tribalism Our Major Problem In Nigeria. My Experience With A Client by TheSupleemLeada(m): 8:21am On Oct 06, 2021
I smell BS on this thread.
Re: Tribalism Our Major Problem In Nigeria. My Experience With A Client by JavaScript90: 8:26am On Oct 06, 2021
SouthMustBeFree:

I am a web developer and Igbo by tribe. Only two Igbo's have patronized me. The rest of my clients are Yoruba's and Muslim northerners. In business I don't think it is wise to bring in tribalism. Even our politicians loot money together irrespective of tribe. As a client, If business interest does not supercede tribalism in our deal then I don't think you are worthy to do business with

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalism Our Major Problem In Nigeria. My Experience With A Client by JavaScript90: 8:28am On Oct 06, 2021
SouthMustBeFree:

Op take your business to the next level with a real estate website. I have one already made with interesting features and specifically designed for the Nigerian real estate market

2 Likes

Re: Tribalism Our Major Problem In Nigeria. My Experience With A Client by Cashsteady(m): 9:17am On Oct 06, 2021
Igbo man stop complaining.. at least Yorubas sells their lands to igbos.. but in East igbos Don't even sell Lands to Yorubas and even though they sell they will try to make the price very high that the Yoruba man will run away ...

If you are not Satisfied with it leave then.. no one is forcing you stay.. shey south west na your land? You are all bunch of fucking migrants who came here for better lifes

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Akassa Raid; on this day 29th January 1895 / Opinion:My Predictions For The upcoming PDP & APC Presidential Primary Elections / Breaking: 10 Bullion Vans Found In Tinubu's Compound, Yorubas Are My Slaves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.