Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,741 members, 7,827,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies (48283 Views)

How To Remove My Bvn From Loan Apps / Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos / What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by MrFollowFollow(m): 5:53am On Oct 06, 2021
yongg:

A debt is an instrument. Countries have national and internal debt profiles. Even your country is owning tonnes, it could even be argued that everyone is/has been/will be a debtor, at someplace or some instance in life. "Do you service your debt?" is one among questions... Are you going to strike your country off your list too, lols... Only to end up with another country with debts too... Of course, it's what they do with the debts and how it is serviced that matters.

Even Dangote that you may want to be friends with uses it. The rich and wealthy also borrow, how many will you strike off your list because of their private businesses... Do you even have the strength, money and resources to privately investigate someone's business project that may or may not affect dealings with you?

Loans are a normal part of life but in Nigeria there are lots of people who borrow with the sinister intention of not repaying the loans just because they think they can get away with it.

This act in itself is criminal therefore a responsible person should not keep such persons in his circle of friends.

Show me your friends and I will tell you who you are!
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by MrFollowFollow(m): 5:57am On Oct 06, 2021
xpool:

Huge money? Not at all.
It could be as low as N1500.

Whether it is N1,500 or N1.5 million that is outstanding the loan company has the right to pursue you to recover the amount
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by xpool(m): 6:12am On Oct 06, 2021
ivolt:

Yes, I did.
The anger in the reply to that simple informational message tells of a deeper story here.
You are really schizophrenic,
You can't place something on nothing.
You expect him to give them awards for unlawful disturbing his privacy?
May be you are one of the agents they are complaining about.

What if the unknown contact you send those trash to is hypertensive?

Stop justifying illegality!
Go after who you gave loan to, not even relatives because it was only a bilateral agreement between the lender and the borrower

1 Like

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by xpool(m): 6:18am On Oct 06, 2021
danniyal:

You sef dey owe Chinese people

Will you stop trivializing the issue at hand.
Must you attack peoples right to complain.
Borrowing is not a crime, in fact borrowing is healthy for the economy.
What Dangote alone owes can buy all the loan apps in Nigeria times 10.

Somebody made a complaint and you are here attacking him
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by xpool(m): 6:28am On Oct 06, 2021
MacWin155:
OP, the introduction of legal measures to enforce the payment of the loan is not in respect to you. Since you didn't know about the loan of directly or impliedly sanction the collection of the loan, you're in no way a party to the contract. You're not a guarantor either to pay a loan you know nothing about. The company knows about it. They just want you to get in touch with the person and relay their imminent action to him. The message itself is ambiguous and as such susceptible to miscomprehension.

What are you saying?
Trying to encourage madness and illegality.
His privacy was violated and you are telling him to get in touch with a borrower when he was not in the know of the deal.
Is he a staff of the lender that you expect him to get in touch.
Nigerians can lie, we like to cover up truth.
That is why we can't even rule ourselves properly.

By the time these contacts starts going to court to seek redress, then you will know that we have laws.

If you don't know, a case has already been won against a loan app co over this rubbish messages.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by rigarmortis: 6:29am On Oct 06, 2021
Mustiboy:
Onigbese, san gbese rẹ

Did you even read the post?
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by Trustworthiness: 6:32am On Oct 06, 2021
thesicilian:
It's not the company's fault. The criminal probably dropped your number as a close contact and they are helpless now that he has absconded with their money

It is actually the company's fault. Why disturbing an innocent person when you did not call the him or her prior the given of loan as part of the emergency contact.

It is their duty to confirm from the individual that his or her contact is given to the company as emergency contact in case of loan defaulting.

It is only in Nigeria things are not done with proper processes.
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by xpool(m): 6:35am On Oct 06, 2021
MrFollowFollow:

Whether it is N1,500 or N1.5 million that is outstanding the loan company has the right to pursue you to recover the amount

Yes of course!
They have a right to legally pursue a borrower who defaulted, even if it is one kobo, But they have no right at all to pursue persons in a borrowers contact list. It is highly illegal.

May be you don't know, it is illegal to access peoples data and use it for any other purpose.
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by omokab: 6:37am On Oct 06, 2021
thesicilian:
It's not the company's fault. The criminal probably dropped your number as a close contact and they are helpless now that he has absconded with their money
sorry to say this,it is their fault. Anobody can have any number on his or her phone. They should know how best to get their money back not insulting the innocent person who doesn't know when the transaction is on going between them. How would you be calling someone a criminal without court ruling ? They are very stupid for that. Government and CBN should please as a matter of urgency find solution to this madness. I was called like that without even know the name of the debtor but ignore them.
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by Adamkeyj(m): 6:48am On Oct 06, 2021
Qatar2022:
Did you read before commenting?
yes i did.... if u dont take loan from them there wont a scenario whereby they will send crazy messages to ur love ones . Modified: i just read the whole story now lol . damn OP u are right govt should do something about that .i heard an encounter too just receive a message claiming my old time friend defrauded a coy and his wanted this and that. it was later that i got to know the messages was from those loan app coy because he couldnt pay up his dept on agreed date

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by stanliwise(m): 6:52am On Oct 06, 2021
TheFacelessMan:
Why borrow what you can't pay back?

I have a golden rule. I NEVER borrow.

I don't LEND too because of negative experience with debtors.

If I have, I would give.
Read again the importance of loan. If you can get something in 2021 and enjoy the benefit. Then why wait till 2025 when the benefits may not be needed anymore?

Getting loans for useless reasons other than business or critical conditions is what is very bad.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by yongg: 7:17am On Oct 06, 2021
MrFollowFollow:

Loans are a normal part of life but in Nigeria there are lots of people who borrow with the sinister intention of not repaying the loans just because they think they can get away with it.

This act in itself is criminal therefore a responsible person should not keep such persons in his circle of friends.

Show me your friends and I will tell you who you are!

I agree with this somewhat; that last statement is not always correct.

I am trying to say that it possible to get debtors as friends without actually knowing their behavior towards debt servicing especially when they have been unfortunate to deal with unprofessional lenders that believe in smearing campaign which might lead you to end business with someone who's not necessarily in the wrong.

Whatever the friendship, some things, dealings and businesses are private.

1 Like

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by xpool(m): 7:18am On Oct 06, 2021
einsteine:

It is not criminal.

Debts are a civil matter.

Most of the comments above are from loan agents
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by yongg: 7:30am On Oct 06, 2021
stanliwise:

Read again the importance of loan. If you can get something in 2021 and enjoy the benefit. Then why wait till 2025 when the benefits may not be needed anymore?

Getting loans for useless reasons other than business or critical conditions is what is very bad.

I like what you said in the last paragraph. It's always the way to go when dealing with loans of various kind

Also, in Nigeria where there's low regulation of these lenders who muddy people's vulnerabilities with high interest rate, the best time to borrow or expose one's self to lending is when one absolutely have no need for the loan and you can repay it... maybe even several times over. The reason is so one can get a better interest rate (if they have, as I have noticed some lenders in Nigeria do not run a dynamic credit rating system, even if one borrows for 10years they will not reduce their 20-37% PER MONTH interest rate).

This way you know where to get the best rates, and lenders that are professionals and not loan sharks to deal with when the circumstances that will actually make one require a loan for real happens.
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by Ade4God: 7:33am On Oct 06, 2021
Guy, stop disturbing yourself. The loan you were not involved in when collected and you never signed as guarantor, why bother yourself when they send such stupid messages? I have lost count of receiving such messages and to make it worse, this are names i am not familiar with, I just ignore and move on. I dey wait the day one bastard scammer go call me to say one person use me as guarantor for a loan he collects and i should help talk him/her into repayment. All the "EPE" wey dey inside bible i go use swear for am. Nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by ceejay80s(m): 7:50am On Oct 06, 2021
the loan company are foolish, how can somebody come to u for a loan and drop any random number, u didnt call the person before granting loan and when he didnt pay u, u now come to me.
they did same to me and i shouted at the fool, i told him to go and collect his money from him, and i dont even know the person that collected the money,
its all scam, no body borrowed any money , its a new scam tactic to see if they can get money from u, since when has loan companies use humans as collateral ?, u no collect car ,house or land, na person number u collect, its a scam

1 Like

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by danniyal(m): 7:52am On Oct 06, 2021
xpool:

Will you stop trivializing the issue at hand.
Must you attack peoples right to complain.
Borrowing is not a crime, in fact borrowing is healthy for the economy.
What Dangote alone owes can buy all the loan apps in Nigeria times 10.

Somebody made a complaint and you are here attacking him
You are not getting me sir. What I am saying is that the government can't do anything about it because the government is also a debtor to the Chinese. All these loan companies that are also owned by the Chinese.

1 Like

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by Brite02(m): 8:03am On Oct 06, 2021
sparkyJ:
I want to call the attention of the government to save us from the embarrassing calls and messages of loan companies.

They always claim the debtor dropped your contact with them which is NOT true but rather they send messages or call all numbers on the contact list of the debtor. I have never taken a loan in my life neither do I care to do so.

I got a message today from a company called CREDIT9JA that somebody took a loan from them, that he dropped my number as an emergency number for them to call. Why dragging innocent people into a deal or transaction they know nothing about?

The most annoying part is that u might end up not knowing the person; reason is because people can get people's contact without their consent.

This is the 3rd time i will encounter this. The first was abt a schoolmate of mine during my undergraduate days, the second was a fellow Corp member during my service in the core North and now is a stranger who have my number. Yet these people suddenly claimed he is my relative. It's so annoying! I called back and gave them a stern warning. See the reply I got.

Since you're sure you're clean

Why not block the number?
And every other number they're using to contact you rather than in engaging in a fruitless war of words..

Do this for your peace of mind
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by AdaAwka1: 8:04am On Oct 06, 2021
TheFacelessMan:
Why borrow what you can't pay back?

I have a golden rule. I NEVER borrow.

I don't LEND too because of negative experience with debtors.

If I have, I would give.

You are not living yet.
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by Qatar2022: 8:04am On Oct 06, 2021
Adamkeyj:
yes i did.... if u dont take loan from them there wont a scenario whereby they will send crazy messages to ur love ones . Modified: i just read the whole story now lol . damn OP u are right govt should do something about that .i heard an encounter too just receive a message claiming my old time friend defrauded a coy and his wanted this and that. it was later that i got to know the messages was from those loan app coy because he couldnt pay up his dept on agreed date
Some people in Nigeria now use someone information to take loan without your knowledge or even put ur number without you knowing about it
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by apparentlylaw(m): 8:28am On Oct 06, 2021
They would even call with one yeye impersonating barrister ..if e no work they would call with one yeye impersonating inspector…after one month of daily disturbance dey would give up if you didn’t grant them access to your account …
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by udatso: 8:38am On Oct 06, 2021
thesicilian:
Actually it's the company's fault. Anybody can drop anyone's contact. What they should do is to ensure they take more than just number. If a guarantor is captured, will he deny it?
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by Adamkeyj(m): 10:17am On Oct 06, 2021
Qatar2022:

Some people in Nigeria now use someone information to take loan without your knowledge or even put ur number without you knowing about it
Wow can you imagine and that damn bad. heard the loan app also invade your privacy by going through your contact and picking out numbers cuz you have to give the app permission to access your contacts and call record during installation
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by Kokaine(m): 10:25am On Oct 06, 2021
I wrote about this issue but it wasn't published. The government should close all these quasi loan companies. They have no code of conduct. How can they accept guarantors from debtor without the consent of the guarantor himself? Its so embarrassing. They called me threatening me that I am now liable, whereas I was never even informed that I am standing in for someone. Its so foolish to say the least

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by kayusely70(m): 11:07am On Oct 06, 2021
Austinbiggy:
Lcredit is the worst, staff will insult you like die, even if they call you they will still insult you. everything about Lcredit is fake, I took loan from Lcredit and I paid all the Loan debt but yet they refused to clear my debt but I received insult everyday.
We also have so many of them who are dubious. When you pay your loan they would claim not to see it and be penalising you for late payment. One should just be careful of those to patronize.
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by tamdun: 11:24am On Oct 06, 2021
vickydevoka:

How did de get the pin and the atm number of ur wife
They use her SIM ,u don't need ATM to borrow from those loan company
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by MATEX30: 12:03pm On Oct 06, 2021
Maxymilliano:
I have no doubt whatsoever that company is owned by Soko Loan.

I once engaged one of the agents after getting similar message and the uncouth ways they address people is extremely distasteful

Am not too surprised though, i once wrote a story abut my terrible experience with Nigerian loan app company, how it almost jeopardize a lot of things for me, if not for the help of God;

read the story; https://sportafriq.com/my-terrible-experience-with-online-loan-app-company/
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by vickydevoka(m): 12:44pm On Oct 06, 2021
tamdun:

They use her SIM ,u don't need ATM to borrow from those loan company
Yes. Those local ones. U re right. Buh u can't borrow from fairmoney, carbon, branch n palm credit
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by Qatar2022: 2:18pm On Oct 06, 2021
Adamkeyj:
Wow can you imagine and that damn bad. heard the loan app also invade your privacy by going through your contact and picking out numbers cuz you have to give the app permission to access your contacts and call record during installation
Yes, now you understand why the guy was complaining
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by Ggee(m): 2:33pm On Oct 06, 2021
Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by EJONI1524: 2:45pm On Oct 06, 2021
kayusely70:
We also have so many of them who are dubious. When you pay your loan they would claim not to see it and be penalising you for late payment. One should just be careful of those to patronize.
I experienced similar thing also.... I paid their loan... Still they said I'm owing them.... They even called my contact.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! Embarrassing Calls From Loan Companies by xpool(m): 3:10pm On Oct 06, 2021
danniyal:

You are not getting me sir. What I am saying is that the government can't do anything about it because the government is also a debtor to the Chinese. All these loan companies that are also owned by the Chinese.

One can go to court and win, someone did it and won, the stupid loan agents and their company were asked to pay about N10m to the borrower.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

17-Year-Old Prosperity Olorunfemi Is Now A Millionaire (Photo) / Man In Suit Selling Egg & Noodles In Lagos (Pictured) / Folarin Alakija Marries Naganin Khosro. Dangote, Aisha Buhari Attend (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.