Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,579 members, 7,840,395 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler (11374 Views)

Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses / Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street / APC Rivers State Suspends Amaechi And Others. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by murphyibiam15(m): 6:49am On Oct 06, 2021
elmessiahs:
There's is famous saying in Igbo land that "igbo e'wen eze". That gives credence to their acephalous state wherein power is shared and not centralized by a single personality. But the intrusion of colonial imperialist made mockery of the established protocol, that's why today they have something similar to a centralized traditional institution in some places in Igbo land.
Please what of Emir of kano that was deposed by Ganduje, does it mean the Hausa have no Kings too?
Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by elmessiahs(m): 6:54am On Oct 06, 2021
murphyibiam15:

Please what of Emir of kano that was deposed by Ganduje, does it mean the Hausa have no Kings too?
That's not what I meant, the powers wielded by emir are far ahead of those from the south east because it is assumed that they are divine kings
Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by georgeakins: 7:13am On Oct 06, 2021
Sergio101:
Truly "Igbo enwe eze".
See as them dey give order to a whole king cheesy.

In my own town (Agulu), if you see as village wagon mouth people dey insult our king ehh grin cheesy, you will ask yourself who this man is actually ruling.
All of us are Kings in igboland

Ibos boast about everything , including things they should be ashamed of.

Na wa for those people.
Moreover, in all my life, I have never met a group of people who disrespect each other like the Ibos.

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by 8stargeneral: 7:31am On Oct 06, 2021
Sergio101:
Truly "Igbo enwe eze".

In my own town (Agulu), if you see as village wagon mouth people dey insult our king ehh grin cheesy, you will ask yourself who this man is actually ruling.
And u HV forgotten that some of these igwes commit many atrocities in comminites.
Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by TotoGame(m): 7:59am On Oct 06, 2021
murphyibiam15:

That is absolutely nothing to be proud of.

Exactly...no king can ever be more powerful than the state government.....

even the obi of ontisha, sultan of sokoto, oba of benin can be dethroned by their various governor's and nothing will happen
Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by Ugonna62: 8:07am On Oct 06, 2021
This is akin to kettle calling pot black.what about the government that have failed woefuly to discharge her constitutional duty of protecting lives and properties of enugu people across the lenght and breath of the state,have the resign? From nimo to uzuwani,akpugo nkanu to ituku ozalla,agwu to udenu,nsuka to isi uzo etc.for me this a naive and wrong solution to a serious problem and will not end the
Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by idiagbo86(m): 8:34am On Oct 06, 2021
Maybe this man no gree release him community land to the land grabbing governor . E no go ever better for gburu gburu. His sins shall live and catch up with him .
Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by mabea: 9:30am On Oct 06, 2021
Let there be peace in Amechi and Enugu state. I love Amechi especially their dialect.
Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by shigishege: 11:24am On Oct 06, 2021
Sergio101:
Truly "Igbo enwe eze".

that's why you people don't have direction and respect for constituted authority. SMH
Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by gulfer: 11:53am On Oct 06, 2021
Most of the eastern traditional rulers were appointed based on how much they have and not ancestry. That is why so many of their communities have ongoing disputes that the traditional chief /king is unable to resolve because they are not regarded by their people lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by Ogadi23: 7:13pm On Oct 21, 2021
Tickles101:
I swear to God with my life
This man na my former landlord
He is a nice man but his wife that parades herself as lolo is wicked and evil.Thank God I started seeing light in my life immediately I packed out from the house
Evil family
Una never see anything

Na waoh ooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Delusions Of Today’s Men: Femi Fani-Kayode Replies Reuben Abati / Jide Sanwoolu A Muslim? / Court Restrains Governor Ganduje From Taking Action Against Emir Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.