Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

I Am Considering DIY: From SUV To Pickup - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Am Considering DIY: From SUV To Pickup (2474 Views)

I Am Considering DIY Car Painting, What Do You Think? / Man Chains His Lexus SUV To His Gate In Onitsha / Man Burnt His SUV To Ashes While Trying To Make A Way For It (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Considering DIY: From SUV To Pickup by eddy2farm(m): 5:33am On Oct 06, 2021
As a farmer I needed pickup like Hilux for my farm operation, I visit car dealer to price one eg Hilux. Hmm as I here the price I run quickly to my house.so as a low budget man I was thinking of how to get one for my operation.
Yes , I remember I have one Cherokee Jeep that is almost useless because I don't drive it anymore.i call one guy for the conversion , he is charging me 180k.as a low budget man and as a man with many skills ,want to do it my self.i have all the tools to do it along with my boys. I will update as I progress.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Considering DIY: From SUV To Pickup by KingSatan: 6:47am On Oct 06, 2021
Quite innovative.

Following
Re: I Am Considering DIY: From SUV To Pickup by sultaan(m): 7:58am On Oct 06, 2021
On that jeep it can do its own self diagnosis.

If no mechanic has messed that jeep up here is what you do, and I will guide you through the rest.

First, put the key in the ignition and turn the key in this sequence starting from off-on-off-on-of-on and at that point some P0*** will show where the odometer is write them down and post those numbers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6pSQvLJ7QY

1 Like

Re: I Am Considering DIY: From SUV To Pickup by eddy2farm(m): 2:39pm On Oct 06, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]. I no how to do that author=sultaan post=106490428]On that jeep it can do its own self diagnosis.

If no mechanic has messed that jeep up here is what you do, and I will guide you through the rest.

First, put the key in the ignition and turn the key in this sequence starting from off-on-off-on-of-on and at that point some P0*** will show where the odometer is write them down and post those numbers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6pSQvLJ7QY[/quote]
Re: I Am Considering DIY: From SUV To Pickup by eddy2farm(m): 2:43pm On Oct 06, 2021
Update
Work in progress

4 Likes

Re: I Am Considering DIY: From SUV To Pickup by eddy2farm(m): 2:46pm On Oct 06, 2021
More pictures

Re: I Am Considering DIY: From SUV To Pickup by mejai(m): 5:55pm On Oct 06, 2021
Long time such a thread existed. Marpol, monitor this thread .

Gazzuzz
HeavenlyBang
Diportivo
Nurey
TPound
Wereypey

Come one, come all. Ur presence will be appreciated.
Class don start o. OP, finish what u are starting o... No abandoned project is allowed.

Wishing u the best!!

2 Likes

Re: I Am Considering DIY: From SUV To Pickup by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:33pm On Oct 06, 2021
Oya food don ready.

Kingreign, Diportivo, Oya call the rest

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Considering DIY: From SUV To Pickup by eddy2farm(m): 7:45pm On Oct 06, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]I greet you sir
mejai:
Long time such a thread existed. Marpol, monitor this thread .

Gazzuzz
HeavenlyBang
Diportivo
Nurey
TPound
Wereypey

Come one, come all. Ur presence will be appreciated.
Class don start o. OP, finish what u are starting o... No abandoned project is allowed.

Wishing u the best!!
Re: I Am Considering DIY: From SUV To Pickup by eddy2farm(m): 7:58pm On Oct 06, 2021
Update

1 Like

Re: I Am Considering DIY: From SUV To Pickup by kingreign(m): 7:59pm On Oct 06, 2021
eddy2farm:
More pictures

Baba, Nice one there.

Just a piece of advice, don't use electrical powered tools in the rain to prevent short circuit and/or electric shock.
Re: I Am Considering DIY: From SUV To Pickup by eddy2farm(m): 8:00pm On Oct 06, 2021
Mor

Re: I Am Considering DIY: From SUV To Pickup by 9icetoo(m): 8:18pm On Oct 06, 2021
Reporting for lectures.
Re: I Am Considering DIY: From SUV To Pickup by TPound(m): 8:42pm On Oct 06, 2021
eddy2farm:
[color=#006600][/color]I greet you sir

We greet you chief
Re: I Am Considering DIY: From SUV To Pickup by eddy2farm(m): 9:48pm On Oct 06, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]tanks for the advice.
kingreign:

Baba, Nice one there.

Just a piece of advice, don't use electrical powered tools in the rain to prevent short circuit and/or electric shock.

1 Like

Re: I Am Considering DIY: From SUV To Pickup by eddy2farm(m): 10:06pm On Oct 06, 2021
Pic

Re: I Am Considering DIY: From SUV To Pickup by nurey(m): 9:52am On Oct 07, 2021
eddy2farm:
Pic

For me, the side pillars should have been left and reinforced to make it like a bucket at the back. That way rear wobble at the rear would be eliminated at high speeds.

I salute your DIY but it would have been cheaper to sell the Cherokee and use the money to buy a Ford ranger, Nissan frontier, kia Bongo, VW vanagon truck, Suzuki every truck etc.

But the Cherokee would do light duty work because of the rare suspension wasn't made for heavy tonnage. Fire on

2 Likes

Re: I Am Considering DIY: From SUV To Pickup by eddy2farm(m): 12:43pm On Oct 07, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]I have raised the back suspension by adding another c 180 Benz spring for heavy loading carrying. It work perfectly
from the picture below u can see the double spring and the distance of Tyre to chassis
nurey:

For me, the side pillars should have been left and reinforced to make it like a bucket at the back. That way rear wobble at the rear would be eliminated at high speeds.

I salute your DIY but it would have been cheaper to sell the Cherokee and use the money to buy a Ford ranger, Nissan frontier, kia Bongo, VW vanagon truck, Suzuki every truck etc.

But the Cherokee would do light duty work because of the rare suspension wasn't made for heavy tonnage. Fire on

Re: I Am Considering DIY: From SUV To Pickup by eddy2farm(m): 1:01pm On Oct 07, 2021
Almost done.
I quickly use the truck to take planting palms to my farm. I carry 1.5 tone without stress. So happy right now

3 Likes

Re: I Am Considering DIY: From SUV To Pickup by eddy2farm(m): 1:03pm On Oct 07, 2021
In farm now

Re: I Am Considering DIY: From SUV To Pickup by id4sho(m): 1:06pm On Oct 07, 2021
eddy2farm:
In farm now
Great work wink,
Snap inside the bucket.
Is the booth fixed or collapsible?

2 Likes

Re: I Am Considering DIY: From SUV To Pickup by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:51pm On Oct 07, 2021
eddy2farm:
In farm now

Guy you run summary on us abi? angry

Its all good, glad it's functional

4 Likes

Re: I Am Considering DIY: From SUV To Pickup by eddy2farm(m): 4:23pm On Oct 07, 2021
[color=#006600][/color] I permanent the booth . I want to make it collapsible to enable easy bringing out of goods
id4sho:

Great work wink,
Snap inside the bucket.
Re: I Am Considering DIY: From SUV To Pickup by eddy2farm(m): 4:24pm On Oct 07, 2021
Not really most are video I will put more pictures for more information
GAZZUZZ:

Guy you run summary on us abi? angry

Its all good, glad it's functional
Re: I Am Considering DIY: From SUV To Pickup by eddy2farm(m): 4:26pm On Oct 07, 2021
I will post more pictures by tomorrow
id4sho:

Great work wink,
Snap inside the bucket.

1 Like

Re: I Am Considering DIY: From SUV To Pickup by sultaan(m): 7:00am On Oct 08, 2021
it would have been cheaper to build a trailer and attach a tow bar to tow the trailer.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Considering DIY: From SUV To Pickup by baconline(m): 7:36am On Oct 08, 2021
Is the frame a unified frame or independent? If unified it might bend under load as the roof is part of what makes it stable
Re: I Am Considering DIY: From SUV To Pickup by revived: 4:57pm On Oct 08, 2021
Following
Re: I Am Considering DIY: From SUV To Pickup by mejai(m): 8:13pm On Oct 08, 2021
Nice work.
Re: I Am Considering DIY: From SUV To Pickup by eddy2farm(m): 9:31pm On Oct 08, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]well I don't understand ur question but believe the spring is independent . If that is what you mean
baconline:
Is the frame a unified frame or independent? If unified it might bend under load as the roof is part of what makes it stable
Re: I Am Considering DIY: From SUV To Pickup by sultaan(m): 12:52am On Oct 09, 2021
baconline:

Unfortunately the WJ is a unibody, and by cutting up the body, the structure is defective.
Op was already hacking things up by the second post, it was game over by then.

The thought of dual springs gives me shivers
Re: I Am Considering DIY: From SUV To Pickup by eddy2farm(m): 8:35am On Oct 09, 2021
[color=#000099][/color]well it depend on what you mean. I can assure you that the vehicle is perfectly ok.and I carry 2 tone without issue.

For me i am already enjoying what have. Tanks anyway
sultaan:

Unfortunately the WJ is a unibody, and by cutting up the body, the structure is defective.
Op was already hacking things up by the second post, it was game over by then.

The thought of dual springs gives me shivers

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Audi, BMW And VW Lose Out In Reliability Survey / solved / ECU And Key Reprogramming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.