Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,507 members, 7,770,276 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:25 AM

I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default (2494 Views)

Zimbabwe Man Beats Tesla, Invents Electric Car That Does Not Require Charging / The First Car To Ever Get A Speed Ticket Was Caught Doing 8MPH / Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default by nurey(m): 8:40am On Nov 14, 2015
Good day, all, please as much as you would like to crucify me for my negligence, also remember that if we correct a child with the left hand we should also use the right hand to draw him/her close.

I was able to move the car away from zaria, the mechanic fixed the bad piston and ringed the engine, it wasn't smoking but this are the symptoms I noticed
1. At high speed in gear 5, if I disengage the gear with the clutch depressed, the engine switches off but it never happens in gear 3 downwards, am not sure of 4 since I seldom stay long there.

2. After buying fuel I encountered some issues, though the reserve light was on but fuel never finished the issue is erratic RPM like the car wanna die and then the fuel gauge started misbehaving like I never bought fuel then it will increase again, if I switch off and start, it will go to reserve again.

3. The car will refuse to start unless it was pushed to start

4. Then the car started over heating (note the mechanic that worked the engine said he would need to change the gasket) I had to just manage it to kano after parking and refilling the radiator with water the car lights come on but it never for once cranked, lights just show on the dash board. One kazeem said it's the kick starter.
We pushed it to start but the car only sputters, it never came alive

Please well meaning gurus, what I need now is Advice from you on what to do two heads are better than one please I need help on how to fix the car before I make an un redeemable mistake.

I need contact of a good mechanic in Kano, I don't know anywhere or anybody that much in kano also the car is around new garage where there is jifatu mall I think. I don't want to tow it to my location
Re: I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default by nurey(m): 8:46am On Nov 14, 2015
sorry I forgot to add that my engine is identical to the nissan sunny but mine has more sensors than the mechanic can count. sensors everywhere, even the gear sitting to the engine makes the mechanics afraid. The car came in from belgium and they attest to it that the engine is a solid one.

Also the obd port connects but never connects to the ECU keeps saying error. Also the vin check came back with errors too.
Re: I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default by uboma(m): 9:14am On Nov 14, 2015
@ op, you did not state the make and spec of your car.
Re: I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default by nurey(m): 9:35am On Nov 14, 2015
uboma:
@ op, you did not state the make and spec of your car.

Sorry about that seems you haven't been following the 1000km journey.

The car is a 2000 model Nissan Almera N16 manual transmission with 1.5L engine 4 Door sedan with timing chain
Re: I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default by uboma(m): 9:45am On Nov 14, 2015
nurey:

Sorry about that seems you haven't been following the 1000km journey.

The car is a 2000 model Nissan Almera N16 manual transmission with 1.5L engine 4 Door sedan with timing chain

I am now page 2 of the thread and I must say that you were too boastful on the first page.
Re: I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default by MPVGoddess: 11:24am On Nov 14, 2015
congratulations on making the 160 kilometre journey to Kano from Zaria.

I think Gazzuzz and Siena should be of immense help to you.

Siena because he is based in Europe apart from his renowned expertise.

I cannot find any data on that vehicle given that was never sold in the U.S.

Gazzuzz because he is seems to have an eye for details and might have come across it before, or should have some idea what might be wrong with your ride.

Of course they might be others who I don't know of, just remember that the more humble you are appear to be as might be judged by your words as someone remarked, the more likely you are to get help.
Re: I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:30am On Nov 14, 2015
Pics of your engine please.
Re: I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default by nurey(m): 11:44am On Nov 14, 2015
uboma:

I am now page 2 of the thread and I must say that you were too boastful on the first page.

Really, all that nah mouth ooo. I am synonymous to humble in my character
Re: I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default by nurey(m): 11:45am On Nov 14, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Pics of your engine please.
I will send it ASAP
Re: I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default by austin4real(m): 1:14pm On Nov 14, 2015
Post the engine picture here nurey, is it a QG or an SR engine
Re: I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default by MPVGoddess: 1:22pm On Nov 14, 2015
austin4real:
Post the engine picture here nurey, is it a QG or an SR engine

i suspect QG15DE
Re: I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default by uboma(m): 1:42pm On Nov 14, 2015
nurey:

Really, all that nah mouth ooo. I am synonymous to humble in my character

I see...

Sorry about the engine problem you had.
Re: I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default by nurey(m): 4:43am On Nov 15, 2015
After Using my Extra time kobo to tow the car to my location, which wasn't a joking matter at all, I was referred to an expert (really never judge a book by its cover) the man looked at the car guess he removed the radiator cap to check whether the radiator water will gush out which is one symptom to know your gasket is gone after extreme over heating.
The car still didn't roll or crank so he said we should push it, it was then I lost hope in this man but I was happy I won't be pushing but rather driving. After two tries, the man asked his companion to replace me, that's how we pushed first, second time and the car just started like nothing happened to it.

Well his unbiased opinion was the engine is still solid and I shouldn't make the mistake of selling the car.

The kick starter was marked as the culprit and they said to check the battery but I doubt if it was the battery.

Re: I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:15am On Nov 15, 2015
nurey:
After Using my Extra time kobo to tow the car to my location, which wasn't a joking matter at all, I was referred to an expert (really never judge a book by its cover) the man looked at the car guess he removed the radiator cap to check whether the radiator water will gush out which is one symptom to know your gasket is gone after extreme over heating.
The car still didn't roll or crank so he said we should push it, it was then I lost hope in this man but I was happy I won't be pushing but rather driving. After two tries, the man asked his companion to replace me, that's how we pushed first, second time and the car just started like nothing happened to it.
Well his unbiased opinion was the engine is still solid and I shouldn't make the mistake of selling the car.
The kick starter was marked as the culprit and they said to check the battery but I doubt if it was the battery.

Run from that mech grin
Re: I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default by honmusa(m): 7:20am On Nov 15, 2015
nurey:

that is QG18DE ,one of the best nissan Masterpiece classics !!
U can actually scan that car without pluging ur obd scanner ,by counting the no of flashing of the MIL at diagnostics mode.
Re: I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default by nurey(m): 8:02am On Nov 15, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Run from that mech grin

Oga Gazzuzz please get back to me on the engine stuffs so I can start saving as early as possible, but for now I am watching the engine in 3D
Re: I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default by nurey(m): 8:04am On Nov 15, 2015
honmusa:

U can actually scan that car without pluging ur obd scanner ,by counting the no of flashing of the MIL at diagnostics mode.

Yeah, everyone that has touched that car has praised the engine but mine is QG15DE as it's a 1.5L against 1.8L. I think the 2000-2002 variant were fitted with that before the facelift
Re: I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default by mayor2013: 8:05am On Nov 15, 2015
nurey:
Good day, all, please as much as you would like to crucify me for my negligence, also remember that if we correct a child with the left hand we should also use the right hand to draw him/her close.

I was able to move the car away from zaria, the mechanic fixed the bad piston and ringed the engine, it wasn't smoking but this are the symptoms I noticed
1. At high speed in gear 5, if I disengage the gear with the clutch depressed, the engine switches off but it never happens in gear 3 downwards, am not sure of 4 since I seldom stay long there.

2. After buying fuel I encountered some issues, though the reserve light was on but fuel never finished the issue is erratic RPM like the car wanna die and then the fuel gauge started misbehaving like I never bought fuel then it will increase again, if I switch off and start, it will go to reserve again.

3. The car will refuse to start unless it was pushed to start

4. Then the car started over heating (note the mechanic that worked the engine said he would need to change the gasket) I had to just manage it to kano after parking and refilling the radiator with water the car lights come on but it never for once cranked, lights just show on the dash board. One kazeem said it's the kick starter.
We pushed it to start but the car only sputters, it never came alive

Please well meaning gurus, what I need now is Advice from you on what to do two heads are better than one please I need help on how to fix the car before I make an un redeemable mistake.

I need contact of a good mechanic in Kano, I don't know anywhere or anybody that much in kano also the car is around new garage where there is jifatu mall I think. I don't want to tow it to my location

Why are scanners not connecting to your car. Go to your ipdm (intelligence power distribution module) aka fuse box and check the fuse diagrams for obd2 to check if the fuse is cut. Check other fuse as well
Re: I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default by nurey(m): 8:05am On Nov 15, 2015
honmusa:

Yeah, everyone that has touched that car has praised the engine but mine is QG15DE as it's a 1.5L against 1.8L. I think the 2000-2002 variant were fitted with that before the facelift.

Please I will appreciate how to scan the car as you have said, procedures please. Thank you sir
Re: I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default by nurey(m): 8:14am On Nov 15, 2015
mayor2013:

Why are scanners not connecting to your car. Go to your ipdm (intelligence power distribution module) aka fuse box and check the fuse diagrams for obd2 to check if the fuse is cut. Check other fuse as well

The obd connects but doesn't connect to ECU, as that was the error it was giving by torque pro. I still used the scanner on toyota sienna it scanned but it refused to connect to the nissan engine ECU. But I don't have check engine light on infact I have not seen the check engine or what ever engine light problem it uses, whether the ignition is left at start, ON or whatever.

I have used fuel economy to guage whether the engine has problem but I couldn't deduce it because I was getting the calculated mpg by the manufacturer.

The only lights on the dash that load and switch off are Airbags, handbrake, battery and engine oil.
Re: I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default by abatically(m): 8:54am On Nov 15, 2015
nurey:

The obd connects but doesn't connect to ECU, as that was the error it was giving by torque pro. I still used the scanner on toyota sienna it scanned but it refused to connect to the nissan engine ECU. But I don't have check engine light on infact I have not seen the check engine or what ever engine light problem it uses, whether the ignition is left at start, ON or whatever.

I have used fuel economy to guage whether the engine has problem but I couldn't deduce it because I was getting the calculated mpg by the manufacturer.

The only lights on the dash that load and switch off are Airbags, handbrake, battery and engine oil.

Most Nissan usw service engine soon instead of check engine light.
Re: I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default by nurey(m): 9:20am On Nov 15, 2015
abatically:

Most Nissan usw service engine soon instead of check engine light.

I have not seen anything identical to such, whether spanner, MIL or the check engine light, but I have fate the car doesn't have an issue cause the airbag stayed on when they worked on the steering but it was corrected by another mechanic I guess they didn't plug the sensor. I will look for a sensor I can unplug that will show that check engine light, just to confirm all is well with the dash
Re: I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default by mayor2013: 9:56am On Nov 15, 2015
nurey:

Does the service engine soon light comes up on when you turn the key to first ignition
Re: I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default by austin4real(m): 10:38am On Nov 15, 2015
Nurey, that's a QG18DE engine, same engine in my primera, check the engine numba. It's a very solid engine, but highly underpowered, underpowered, sometimes I wish the engine could gimme more HP.. What's the L/100km calculation on ur trip computer?
Re: I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default by nurey(m): 11:23am On Nov 15, 2015
mayor2013:

Does the service engine soon light comes up on when you turn the key to first ignition

That's what am telling you mayor, this car is different from the sienna, it only shows 4 error lights handbrake, airbag, oil and battery and they switch off in 3secs as soon as the car starts. I have not seen any other light than this 4 and no funny spanner, MIL or check engine light since I have been using it.

I also see the Full light indicator when they are on and the traffic indicator lights/hazard. Also all this lights are scattered in different parts of the dash board so I doubt if it's an issue of dead led
Re: I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default by nurey(m): 11:31am On Nov 15, 2015
austin4real:
Nurey, that's a QG18DE engine, same engine in my primera, check the engine numba. It's a very solid engine, but highly underpowered, underpowered, sometimes I wish the engine could gimme more HP.. What's the L/100km calculation on ur trip computer?

Mine is QG15DE as QG is the engine family, 15 is decilitres or stands for 1.5l engine displacement and D for dual over head cam and E for electronic port injection. Even that is what the manufacturer stated. Guess yours also comes with timing chain
Re: I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default by austin4real(m): 11:40am On Nov 15, 2015
nurey:

Mine is QG15DE as QG is the engine family, 15 is decilitres or stands for 1.5l engine displacement and D for dual over head cam and E for electronic port injection. Even that is what the manufacturer stated. Guess yours also comes with timing chain
Yh it does.
Re: I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default by mayor2013: 1:04pm On Nov 15, 2015
nurey:

That's what am telling you mayor, this car is different from the sienna, it only shows 4 error lights handbrake, airbag, oil and battery and they switch off in 3secs as soon as the car starts. I have not seen any other light than this 4 and no funny spanner, MIL or check engine light since I have been using it.

I also see the Full light indicator when they are on and the traffic indicator lights/hazard. Also all this lights are scattered in different parts of the dash board so I doubt if it's an issue of dead led

Where and how did you buy this car. Did you import it yourself or you bought it from a car dealer here in Nigeria or you bought it as a Nigerian used car
Re: I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default by nurey(m): 2:06pm On Nov 15, 2015
mayor2013:

Where and how did you buy this car. Did you import it yourself or you bought it from a car dealer here in Nigeria or you bought it as a Nigerian used car

I bought it as Nigerian used, but I have all the custom papers and the car was shipped in from belgium I guess that's the reason for the VIN check error. Also I doubt if it was converted, the driver side wiper is bigger, the gear is in normal position as 1 and 2 are on the driver side, also the key hole is on the driver side and the NATS (security) indicator light is on the drivers side and blinking, also the fuel cover release.
Re: I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default by nurey(m): 2:12pm On Nov 15, 2015
austin4real:

Yh it does.
The last fuel economy I calculated was 6.6 against the 6.7L/100km the manufacturer indicated as standard for combined which is 45% highway and 55% city.

I did combined but I spent 1hr just trying to turn at tow gate in lagos sango express way out of a total 2hrs 47min there about.

Also I did manual calculation as I doubt if I have an onboard trip meter which is standard in SXE or SVE or so sha, mine is just Base as it came with casette player only and manual tranny.
Re: I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default by mayor2013: 2:18pm On Nov 15, 2015
nurey:

I bought it as Nigerian used, but I have all the custom papers and the car was shipped in from belgium I guess that's the reason for the VIN check error. Also I doubt if it was converted, the driver side wiper is bigger, the gear is in normal position as 1 and 2 are on the driver side, also the key hole is on the driver side and the NATS (security) indicator light is on the drivers side and blinking, also the fuel cover release.

I have a feeling the service engine soon light as been blinded from displaying by our so-called terrible dealers,. The only way to confirm this is to get out that instrument cluster and check was is going down there. Is there any time you see your cluster act funny
Re: I Would Require The Help Of All Gurus To Fix My Car To Factory Default by nurey(m): 3:19pm On Nov 15, 2015
mayor2013:

I have a feeling the service engine soon light as been blinded from displaying by our so-called terrible dealers,. The only way to confirm this is to get out that instrument cluster and check was is going down there. Is there any time you see your cluster act funny

The cluster does not in anyway act funny or fishy, except for the speedo which isn't functioning (factory defect know to this brand) all others work well and I don't think the check engine side was/is coloured to remove it, but I will do due diligence on it just to be sure

(1) (Reply)

Car Logo And Their Origin / Top 10 Fastest Cars In The World 2018 – New World Record / What Car Can I Get For N1m?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.