Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? (37076 Views)

Flashing Or Blinking "D" Light On Honda Dashboard Issue / Oil Light Blinking On My Dash. / Help : This STOP Light Is Always Coming UP On My Dash Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by MARKone(m): 9:30pm On Oct 06, 2021
TheDemola:

How can I reset please?

Just go online, Google how to reset maintenance required indicator, reference the type of car you use, it varies from car to car.
Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by fkj950ax(m): 9:31pm On Oct 06, 2021
Fixed:

Don't mislead others please. After the oil change, you have to manually reset it in many cars, even on some so called modern cars. Your car has been programmed to trigger the light based on the interval set between the last time the light came on and the estimated miles driven. For instance, if your car was programmed by the manufacturer to alert you for scheduled maintenance at 4000 miles, then the light will come 4000 miles after you last reset it. In other cases, the light may also come on if for example you are supposed to change your transmission oil at exactly 50,000 miles. However, some vehicles are more intelligent to the extent of telling you the specific maintenance you are supposed to carry out.

That said, we don't read or follow manuals in this country. Maintenance is not only oil change, there are other scheduled maintenance that should be carried out at specific mileage or sometimes specific months or years a vehicle has been driven. These include transmission oil change, radiator coolant flush, transfer case fluid change etc. These are all documented in your car manual up to the oil grade you should use. Sadly people wait till their oil becomes tin or black before they change them. Worse still, they react when something has already gone bad.

You need to take a chill pill.

He said maintenance required light stayed on after service.
Someone asked him to reset the light to clear it.
I said don't be quick to reset, scan to see if there is another fault.
Now you go ahead to write an epistle on all the other things one will find in a manual, as an OBD2 scan will also tell.
5+4=9 so is 6+3.
Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by MARKone(m): 9:31pm On Oct 06, 2021
ozo13:
how sir.got same on mine

Just go online, Google how to reset maintenance required indicator, reference the type of car you use, it varies from car to car.

1 Like

Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by ozo13(m): 9:36pm On Oct 06, 2021
MARKone:

thanks much
Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by olibeans: 10:43pm On Oct 06, 2021
fkj950ax:

Don't reset.
Get a OBD2 scanner and check what is causing the Maintenance Required from staying on after service.
Fix that and it will go off

Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by treach(m): 11:46pm On Oct 06, 2021
To remove it, use this following steps
*Change Ur car oil and filter
*Turn on engine light, do not start it yet
*Press and hold the nob that says trip A, until it shows 000
* Do same for trip B
* Then press and hold the ODO.
* Turn off the ignition while hold the nob and turn it on again, all will go back to 0's. Start engine and it gone. The purpose for that maintenance record, is when Ur engine has gone up to 5 thousand kilometres. Regards
Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by Poleski: 1:25am On Oct 07, 2021
Anyiodogwu:
I own a 2005 Toyota Corolla vehicle, and I have been impressed with the vehicle performance and fuel economy.

But I recently noticed a yellow light on my dashboard saying (Maint req).

My question now is what does it mean?

Please I am a bit ignorant about autos.
Maintenance required.
Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by ikenna44: 7:49am On Oct 07, 2021
Just search for it on Google... You'll be amazed at what you'd learn from a simple google search
Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by charlsecy(m): 2:45pm On Dec 06, 2021
Freeko4:
What does maint reqd mean on a Toyota Corolla?
What if it remains after servicing?
Re: Please What Does This Alert Light On My Dash Board Mean? by Audacious19(m): 9:20am On May 02, 2022
Anyiodogwu:
I own a 2005 Toyota Corolla vehicle, and I have been impressed with the vehicle performance and fuel economy.

But I recently noticed a yellow light on my dashboard saying (Maint req).

My question now is what does it mean?

Please I am a bit ignorant about autos.
boss abeg can i send you a dm
I wish to ask you one or two considering Uber business in Enugu please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Car With 3 Tyres Spotted In Sango Ogun State. Photos And Video / Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria / Car Names Pronunciations.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.