Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,277 members, 7,954,093 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:15 PM

State Of Dilemma - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / State Of Dilemma (595 Views)

My Friend And His Girlfriend Are In A State Of Dilemma. / I Am In A State Of Dilemma... Should I Move On? / My Uncle Is In A State Of Dilemma. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

State Of Dilemma by ambr055i: 11:50am On Oct 06, 2021
Please, I need your advice because right now I'm confused about where to go, it's a lifelong decision.

I just turned 34 last month, still living with my uncle, but no pressure on his part is a big house. Currently, I teach in a school where my net salary and my home lesson inclusive are approx. N 100000 a month. I have a master's degree in engineering, so I haven't put that certificate to use. I have a saving of 900k, it will be higher by December. Although it would have been more than that, I lost 400,000 to the detriment of a bad investment. Last two years, I had an illness that struck (ENT related), which doesn't have a cure. One of the symptoms is vertigo (a sensation of feeling off-balance). This made me change my mind about travelling. For a few months now, I haven't had the experience.

I have three thoughts, but I can only do one at a time.

Firstly, leave my uncle's house, get an apartment. Use the rest of the money to start a business as a side hustle while working with the school.

Secondly, leave my uncle's house, get an apartment. Next, I invest my time in a tech skill (web dev, programming or data science).

Thirdly, travel to the US for my PhD program. I have already been preparing for my GRE before now.

Thank you.
Re: State Of Dilemma by ashatoda: 12:41pm On Oct 06, 2021
I will advise that have if you have a side hustle you can invest in go for it, and try to also have one of the tech skills you mentioned and is interested in. But the main advice is to think and work more on the third option which is traveling out. Why I say this is because of the plethora of opportunities abounding outside and what you can achieve for yourself in a sane environment. Nigeria is.also good but the clime is not encouraging to people who are not willing to cut corners and the business climate is so unpredictable. Regarding your health I believe there's more standard health institutions abroad which will cater effectively for your health in as much as you have a legal stay. This should be your end goal but if there's any way to use the funds you have effectively to.make more in order to hasten the goal go for it. The tech skills is a means also so that when you get over there you won't be stranded. So the ultimate goal is traveling, tech skills is intermediate goal while growing the savings is the present goal. This is my own advice or let me say my thoughts about the issue on ground

1 Like

Re: State Of Dilemma by ambr055i: 6:37pm On Oct 06, 2021
ashatoda:
I will advise that have if you have a side hustle you can invest in go for it, and try to also have one of the tech skills you mentioned and is interested in. But the main advice is to think and work more on the third option which is traveling out. Why I say this is because of the plethora of opportunities abounding outside and what you can achieve for yourself in a sane environment. Nigeria is.also good but the clime is not encouraging to people who are not willing to cut corners and the business climate is so unpredictable. Regarding your health I believe there's more standard health institutions abroad which will cater effectively for your health in as much as you have a legal stay. This should be your end goal but if there's any way to use the funds you have effectively to.make more in order to hasten the goal go for it. The tech skills is a means also so that when you get over there you won't be stranded. So the ultimate goal is traveling, tech skills is intermediate goal while growing the savings is the present goal. This is my own advice or let me say my thoughts about the issue on ground

Thanks bro,

(1) (Reply)

I Travelled To Abuja, Nigeria, And, Got A Royal Welcome From My Sister / Nigerian Man Commissions House Built By His Children, Shades Fed Govt | Video / Help!!!.Look At What LAWMA Pasted On My Building.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.