Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,256 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Pictures Of The 100-Year-Old ‘Odan’ Tree That Fell In Oyo & Killed 4 Persons - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of The 100-Year-Old ‘Odan’ Tree That Fell In Oyo & Killed 4 Persons (64473 Views)

Lady Comes Out Without A Scratch From Accident Which Killed 4 Persons. Photos / Tragedy As Tanker Ram Into A Beer Palour In PH, 4 Persons Crushed To Death(p / Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The 100-Year-Old ‘Odan’ Tree That Fell In Oyo & Killed 4 Persons by FRANKOSKI(m): 2:06pm On Oct 06, 2021
SPIRITS OF THE LAND DONT MIGRATE TO ANOTHER TREE THEREBY..... cry
Re: Pictures Of The 100-Year-Old ‘Odan’ Tree That Fell In Oyo & Killed 4 Persons by Sleekfingers: 2:07pm On Oct 06, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
This tribe with lies and fake statistics. Who counted the years of the tree or how did they know the tree is 100 years ? Rubbish

And your tribe are saints abi? Sometimes, I just wonder , what's the work of the useless moderators on this platform....... people like you shouldn't be on this forum....cuz from what you wrote, it shows that , there nothing is in your skull

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The 100-Year-Old ‘Odan’ Tree That Fell In Oyo & Killed 4 Persons by techWriter3: 2:16pm On Oct 06, 2021
Only the tribes will knowing.
Re: Pictures Of The 100-Year-Old ‘Odan’ Tree That Fell In Oyo & Killed 4 Persons by Danjikanbauchi: 2:31pm On Oct 06, 2021
Sleekfingers:

And your tribe are saints abi? Sometimes, I just wonder , what's the work of the useless moderators on this platform....... people like you shouldn't be on this forum....cuz from what you wrote, it shows that , there nothing is in your skull
grin grin E pain am well well

Re: Pictures Of The 100-Year-Old ‘Odan’ Tree That Fell In Oyo & Killed 4 Persons by TheWolfen(m): 2:34pm On Oct 06, 2021
So nairaland no hear say the tree don stand back to the original position!? Things dey happen for this life.
Re: Pictures Of The 100-Year-Old ‘Odan’ Tree That Fell In Oyo & Killed 4 Persons by kingxsamz(m): 2:34pm On Oct 06, 2021
chidonweb:
That's why it's advisable not to build your house close to a tree. You can cut the tree before building your house.

Aside the danger of the tree falling, there's also the danger of Thunder-Strike

Instead of people to take this advice and put to use to prevent such form happening again, they're busy saying the tree is evil. African mindset.
Re: Pictures Of The 100-Year-Old ‘Odan’ Tree That Fell In Oyo & Killed 4 Persons by kingxsamz(m): 2:35pm On Oct 06, 2021
Epeegee:

The same erosion help the tree stand again bah?

There's no mystery in the tree standing again. It's normal. It happens.
Re: Pictures Of The 100-Year-Old ‘Odan’ Tree That Fell In Oyo & Killed 4 Persons by Christistruth00: 2:37pm On Oct 06, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
This tribe with lies and fake statistics. Who counted the years of the tree or how did they know the tree is 100 years ? Rubbish

You count the number of years of a tree by disecting the Stem and counting the number of complete rings inside some branches can serve the Purpose too. Each ring usually takes about a year to form
Re: Pictures Of The 100-Year-Old ‘Odan’ Tree That Fell In Oyo & Killed 4 Persons by Sleekfingers: 2:38pm On Oct 06, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
grin grin E pain am well well

Of course, E pain me na.....
Make you continue displaying your stupidity and immature attitude on nairaland......

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The 100-Year-Old ‘Odan’ Tree That Fell In Oyo & Killed 4 Persons by 2metrelaurie(m): 2:38pm On Oct 06, 2021
That tree looks at least a thousand years old
Ademola47:
This is real journalism and not the non corresponding, mockery brown roof picture posted earlier.

Meanwhile, a visit to Nairaland without my profile is incomplete.

There are techniques for knowing the age of ancient things. The science of which is called Archaeological Dating
Re: Pictures Of The 100-Year-Old ‘Odan’ Tree That Fell In Oyo & Killed 4 Persons by jacoik(m): 2:39pm On Oct 06, 2021
chidonweb:
That's why it's advisable not to build your house close to a tree. You can cut the tree before building your house.

Mr, what does thunder got to do with tree in the compound
Re: Pictures Of The 100-Year-Old ‘Odan’ Tree That Fell In Oyo & Killed 4 Persons by Epeegee(m): 2:43pm On Oct 06, 2021
kingxsamz:

There's no mystery in the tree standing again. It's normal. It happens.

Tree fell and rise within 24 hours and you telling me it normally happens,your reasoning low o my brother
Re: Pictures Of The 100-Year-Old ‘Odan’ Tree That Fell In Oyo & Killed 4 Persons by Elidrisy20: 2:43pm On Oct 06, 2021
This one na juju
Re: Pictures Of The 100-Year-Old ‘Odan’ Tree That Fell In Oyo & Killed 4 Persons by Danjikanbauchi: 2:44pm On Oct 06, 2021
Sleekfingers:

Of course, E pain me na.....
Make you continue displaying your stupidity and immature attitude on nairaland......
if you be woman o for say make you send me your aza so that you can buy catfish and cold origin to calm your nerves. grin
Re: Pictures Of The 100-Year-Old ‘Odan’ Tree That Fell In Oyo & Killed 4 Persons by Sleekfingers: 2:47pm On Oct 06, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
if you be woman o for say make you send me your aza so that you can buy catfish and cold origin to calm your nerves. grin

Hahahaha
Re: Pictures Of The 100-Year-Old ‘Odan’ Tree That Fell In Oyo & Killed 4 Persons by Femeto: 2:47pm On Oct 06, 2021
Reminds of a tree in Ketu back then. People wey try cut am dey die.
Re: Pictures Of The 100-Year-Old ‘Odan’ Tree That Fell In Oyo & Killed 4 Persons by kingxsamz(m): 2:51pm On Oct 06, 2021
Epeegee:

Tree fell and rise within 24 hours and you telling me it normally happens,your reasoning low o my brother

My reasoning is low?
That's the problem with you folks. You didnt even ask how that is possible, you're already insulting. That tree just came up because its root was heavy. After cutting the branches of the tree, part of the tree became light. And since the root was heavy, the lighter part came up. Simple. Nothing spiritual. At least seek answers first.
Re: Pictures Of The 100-Year-Old ‘Odan’ Tree That Fell In Oyo & Killed 4 Persons by Tunagy: 3:10pm On Oct 06, 2021
akoniyong:
Thats not a Mistery abeg. its erosion that has eaten deep beneath the tree making its root to weak hence fall. before some people will come and tell us one village story issshhh
Baba na confirm mistery, its my home town, i was dr live. 50 people can't lift it if they were ask to do so, this tree rose around 6:45pm yesterday,till now im still thinking may be im dreaming or not...
Re: Pictures Of The 100-Year-Old ‘Odan’ Tree That Fell In Oyo & Killed 4 Persons by osmosis101(m): 3:11pm On Oct 06, 2021
Na owode I dey on that Monday evening,,,,,,, ọmọ,i mighty thunder ⚡ fire no be small...na after some minutes the tree fell and as at yesterday evening,the tree rose again.....no be small thing oo
Re: Pictures Of The 100-Year-Old ‘Odan’ Tree That Fell In Oyo & Killed 4 Persons by Dianna344: 3:16pm On Oct 06, 2021
Dialpad:
I thought they claimed the tree fell and rose again ....

Lol
yes definitely
Re: Pictures Of The 100-Year-Old ‘Odan’ Tree That Fell In Oyo & Killed 4 Persons by hyfr(m): 3:21pm On Oct 06, 2021
chidonweb:

what's with the danger of thunder strike and the house and tree connected please
Re: Pictures Of The 100-Year-Old ‘Odan’ Tree That Fell In Oyo & Killed 4 Persons by annyz: 3:29pm On Oct 06, 2021
No tap root.
Re: Pictures Of The 100-Year-Old ‘Odan’ Tree That Fell In Oyo & Killed 4 Persons by afonha(m): 3:31pm On Oct 06, 2021
That tree on its own is a kind of civilization, it only men of spirit that we understand.
Re: Pictures Of The 100-Year-Old ‘Odan’ Tree That Fell In Oyo & Killed 4 Persons by babaalagbo1(m): 3:31pm On Oct 06, 2021
donbachi:
Only the elders will understand.
abi oo
Re: Pictures Of The 100-Year-Old ‘Odan’ Tree That Fell In Oyo & Killed 4 Persons by 0m0nnakoda: 4:13pm On Oct 06, 2021
sylve11:
All living things shall taste what man defines as death. cool
How do you know this?
Re: Pictures Of The 100-Year-Old ‘Odan’ Tree That Fell In Oyo & Killed 4 Persons by Lugianostar(m): 4:15pm On Oct 06, 2021
Mysterious happenings everywhere.
Re: Pictures Of The 100-Year-Old ‘Odan’ Tree That Fell In Oyo & Killed 4 Persons by seguno2: 4:36pm On Oct 06, 2021
donbachi:
Only the elders will understand.

Nothing else to understand than a scientific phenomenon.
Re: Pictures Of The 100-Year-Old ‘Odan’ Tree That Fell In Oyo & Killed 4 Persons by uuzba(m): 4:45pm On Oct 06, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
It's not too hard.
If you cut a tree, you will see rings.
Each ring represents 1 year.
The ring forms as the weather changes, from dry season to wet season and back again to dry season, year by year.
The bark of the tree hence changes colour.
Yes, nobody cut this tree to look at the ring formation,
But from the size of it, it is easily 100 + years old.

Re: Pictures Of The 100-Year-Old ‘Odan’ Tree That Fell In Oyo & Killed 4 Persons by Orlolahdey(f): 4:55pm On Oct 06, 2021
Dialpad:
I thought they claimed the tree fell and rose again ....

Lol
It's true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Babawande Afolabi Launches Green Africa Airline, Acquires New Airplanes (Photos) / World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) / Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.