Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,468 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

Banks Employ Hnd Graduates? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Banks Employ Hnd Graduates? (9426 Views)

Urgent Vacancies: Hnd Graduates Only / Workforce Management Centre Massive Recruitment For OND & HND Graduates / Uac Foods Vacancies And Jobs In Nigeria - Bsc / Hnd Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banks Employ Hnd Graduates? by inuhu: 6:20pm On Jul 23, 2007
Why are Nigerian banks discriminating against Hnd graduate?
We are also human beings. somebody talk to them. From franchezy.
Re: Banks Employ Hnd Graduates? by uchetobi(f): 6:39pm On Jul 23, 2007
was used. who said they don’t? I have two cousins that have HND and are in the Banks (but they have upper credit sha)
Re: Banks Employ Hnd Graduates? by asaajuomo1(m): 7:07pm On Jul 23, 2007
@uchetobi
can you give the name of the banks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111
Re: Banks Employ Hnd Graduates? by snazzyuzo: 11:09am On Jul 24, 2007
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Hi Everyone, I must say this forum has been beneficial to a lot of graduates and i want to encourage nairaland to keepup the gud work.
Well i know that banks still employ Hnd graduated because i have a friend who is one that is currently indergoing training with acccess bank though she made an upper credit, so keep on looking

2 Likes

Re: Banks Employ Hnd Graduates? by vigorous: 12:12pm On Jul 24, 2007
Oceanic Bank Also take HND. I was with their staff yesterday and he has HND, Although he claimed to have upper credit. But most of these banks employment is based on recommendation, as he told me.

1 Like

Re: Banks Employ Hnd Graduates? by fabiyi: 2:49pm On Jul 24, 2007
Hi man,

Virtually all the banks employ HND graduate either as full staff or contract staff. But for you to have a better deal and placement, you need to have additional qualifications like CIBN, ICAN, MBA.

Friend, if you intend to build your career in banking sector, my candid advise to you is to go for CIBN because soon if you are not a chartered bankers i.e ACIB, you will not be employed as a professional staff in any bank in Nigeria.

I am giving you  an authentic information bacause the two upper houses have passed it, Presidential assent has been given, CBN has gazzetted it and they are only giving banks little time before full implementation. This is going to serve as a time bomb for none Chartered Bankers when it eventually exploded.

Anyway, that is just by the way, you can submit your C.v to Intercontinental bank, Oceanic, First bank, UBN, UBA, Ecobank, Sterling bank, wema, spring bank, bankphb and a host of others.

The level of discrimination today is not on HND graduate only but has been extended to University graduate with 2nd class lower.

I am not surprised, do you know  the lattest discrimination in town, NYSC discrimination. Even if you graduated with first-class, there is no any assurance that you will serve your father's land.

It is high time we unanimously fought against this unwholesome discrimination.

May God help us. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Banks Employ Hnd Graduates? by SpartanD(f): 3:46pm On Jul 24, 2007
i believe dat they just put up that gimmiz themselves to explore HND graduates,by paying them far lesser than their BSC mates, most use them as contract staff (slavery conditions), So just think twice and well,

Some of them are Access bank & Gtb, they over-use HND graduates,
I stand to be corrected if i'm proved wrong,

1 Like

Re: Banks Employ Hnd Graduates? by opytob(f): 4:11pm On Jul 24, 2007
(RE: Banks Employ Hnd Graduate)

Most of the banks that employ HND holders employ them as contract staffs. You are not wrong at all spartan D that is the truth, access Bank especially they use them as slaves and at the end of the day pay them lower than the so called proffessional staffs. My people i pray that God will help us.

1 Like

Re: Banks Employ Hnd Graduates? by antis: 4:15pm On Jul 24, 2007
Some of them are Access bank & Gtb, they over-use HND graduates,
I stand to be corrected if i'm proved wrong,

SPARTAN D is very very correct.  OVER USE is an understatement  for Access bank self
Re: Banks Employ Hnd Graduates? by freeguy(m): 4:52pm On Jul 24, 2007
@ spartan D

You are 100% correct in all its ramifications. UBA, GTB and especially ACCESS BANK uses HND graduates with Upper Credit as contract staffs (slavery). Its really a pity that the Government has turn a blind eye on this ugly scenario.

Personally, I dont blame this banks especially ACCESS BANK because had it been there are numerous good jobs in the labour market, who will settle for their so called contract job?

The contract staffs were so over-used and underpaid compared to their professional staffs (Bsc holder).

Na only God fit save us for this country called Naija!
Re: Banks Employ Hnd Graduates? by freeguy(m): 5:06pm On Jul 24, 2007
@ snazzyuzo,

I guess ur cousin didnt  tell you that her employment with Access Bank is a contract one. All HND graduates working with Access Bank are all contract staff and thats authoritative.

Perhaps the good thing in it is just to work there in the absence of none mind you, gather some experience and more qualifications to move on up according to Access Bank slogan.

Fortunately there are some better banks that take HND graduates (Intercontinental bank, First bank etc).

Best of luck to everyone!
Re: Banks Employ Hnd Graduates? by ishmael(m): 8:14am On Jul 25, 2007
intercontinental bank, oceanic bank, 1st bank and union bank employ HND holders and give dem d same level as BSc holders. But UBA, GTB, Access employ HND holders as contract staff and make dem work like slaves.
Re: Banks Employ Hnd Graduates? by uchetobi(f): 8:50am On Jul 25, 2007
My cousins are with intercontinental and GT. The one with GT has ICAN sha. and they are both full staff
Re: Banks Employ Hnd Graduates? by Everbright(f): 9:25am On Jul 25, 2007
It's rare sha.
Most times they employ them as contract staff and make work like slaves as Ishmael rightly said.
But most time it's to make them improve on themselves by enrolling into professional studies and the likes
Re: Banks Employ Hnd Graduates? by fabiyi: 10:33am On Jul 25, 2007
Nothing is impossible sa

UCHETOBI,

Can you please ask your cousin that is working with GTbank with ACA and HND as I worked there for 2yrs b/4 I left and there was nothing fall short of BSc. If it is true, I have a friend that has HND- Distintion,ACA and NIM. kindly reply this mail as soon as u get the ifo.

regards!!!!!!!!
Re: Banks Employ Hnd Graduates? by koko777(m): 10:42am On Jul 25, 2007
Where is MILITIA? she won't contribute to this kind of thread but if it's about naughty topics she would be the first to flex her muscle. Ajegunle to the bone, claiming yankee. grin grin grin
Re: Banks Employ Hnd Graduates? by uchetobi(f): 11:01am On Jul 25, 2007
I don’t have his no here but I’d find out over the weekend and revert
Re: Banks Employ Hnd Graduates? by Gettolove(m): 11:05am On Jul 25, 2007
@all

I also have HND and i do not think we must all work in the bank. If the banks are saying NO to highest natural degree, then look else where becuase opportunities are all over the places. I did first bank test @ UNILAG in 2006 and i was robbed after i had passed both the test and interview angry

I am presently working in an advertising agency with my HND and i am working towards my ICAN, I don't think i would go back and look for any job in a bank. I am praying to GOD to grant me wisdom to be self employed and do what i have passion for and report to myself instead of all these CAPITALISTS that only pay us pea nuts and we think we earn big salaries.
Re: Banks Employ Hnd Graduates? by fesse(f): 1:14pm On Jul 25, 2007
weather HND OR B.S.C, unless by God`s own making, my dear getting job in Nigeria banks is equals to zero. who do you know in the Bank and the connection you have. U.B.A is the worst bank in Nigeria in terms of employment. Those managements of U.B.A at their head office in marina can fustrate your life if u are an O.N.D, HND holder. I got job with them but refused to work.
Re: Banks Employ Hnd Graduates? by fabiyi: 2:10pm On Jul 25, 2007
Thanks Uchetobi,
 I will be on a look out for your response ASAP.

Gettolove,

You have just made a lofty idea which I think all potential job seekers should embrace as Nigeria of today does not make any provision for any school leavers.

Therefore, it is very paramount and necessary that all youths should  buy  enterpreneurial spirits. Though, the atmosphere may not be all that palatable  with time you will be noticed!
all the best.
Re: Banks Employ Hnd Graduates? by Uzokwe(m): 2:47pm On Jul 25, 2007
The best thing to do is, if you have HND do not bank with them. Advice your friends or relations that have HND or even have dependants that have HND to stop banking with any of those banks that descriminate against HND. Try and convince everybody around you not to have anything to do with these banks. By the time people start descriminating against them, I believe they will ask questions to know where they have flawed.
Re: Banks Employ Hnd Graduates? by Uzokwe(m): 2:50pm On Jul 25, 2007
The best thing to do is, if you have HND do not bank with them.  Advice your friends or relations that have HND or even have dependants that have HND to stop banking with any of those banks that descriminate against HND.  Try and convince everybody around you not to have anything to do with these banks.  By the time people start descriminating against them, I believe they will ask questions to know where they have flawed.
Re: Banks Employ Hnd Graduates? by ishmael(m): 4:28pm On Jul 25, 2007
Uzokwe:

The best thing to do is, if you have HND do not bank with them. Advice your friends or relations that have HND or even have dependants that have HND to stop banking with any of those banks that descriminate against HND. Try and convince everybody around you not to have anything to do with these banks. By the time people start descriminating against them, I believe they will ask questions to know where they have flawed.

i support you. Polytechnics, poly staff, poly students, parent and guardians of polytechnic students/graduates should also discriminate against banks that discriminate against poly gradutes. They should patronize only banks that employ and treat poly graduate like their uni counterparts.
Re: Banks Employ Hnd Graduates? by seun001(m): 7:30pm On Jul 25, 2007
koko777:

Where is MILITIA? she won't contribute to this kind of thread but if it's about naughty topics she would be the first to flex her muscle. Ajegunle to the bone, claiming yankee. grin grin grin

totally out of point.STUPID

Uzokwe:

fingers are not equal ooo!!while u may feel boycotting them may be the answer,some can die just to work there for a start at least something will come in at the end of the month.that is why we have a govt,unfortunately,the govt is irredeemably corrupt.
Re: Banks Employ Hnd Graduates? by koko777(m): 1:23pm On Jul 26, 2007
@Seun, i have my reason for sending that comment, fine it's not in- tandem wt the post, yet such indignified insult of calling someone STUPID shoudn't have come from you Naughty brat!
Re: Banks Employ Hnd Graduates? by seun001(m): 4:40pm On Jul 26, 2007
koko777:

@Seun, i have my reason for sending that comment, fine it's not in- tandem wt the post, yet such indignified insult of calling someone STUPID shoudn't have come from you Naughty brat!

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL grin cheesy wink smiley tongue cool
Re: Banks Employ Hnd Graduates? by hamabra(m): 12:11pm On Jul 27, 2007
I THINK ALL POLYTECHNIC ACCOUNTS BE IT FOR SCHOOL FEES,SALARY,PERSONAL SHOULD ONLY BE TRANSACTED WITH THOSE BANKS THAT SEES POLYTECHNIC GRADUATES AS HUMAN BEING. WE CAN ALSO DESCRIMINATE AGANIST THEM ,COS OUR FAITH LIES IN OUR COLLECTIVE EFFORTS TO FIGHT BACK AT THEM
Re: Banks Employ Hnd Graduates? by Dynast(m): 5:01pm On Jul 27, 2007
HND guys are better in handiwork but for analytical and innivative tasks BSC be EBe ANO
Re: Banks Employ Hnd Graduates? by lakefist(m): 6:31pm On Jul 28, 2007
hi my fellas,first bank ,intercontinental bank,oceanic bank take hnd but with upper credit.i just finish my one year industrial trainning with first bank atleast i know of that well.well by next year watch out for their advert placement for executive trainnee job vacancy.lakefist
Re: Banks Employ Hnd Graduates? by chukymoney(m): 11:10pm On Jul 29, 2007
Hello,
I will advise anybody that has hnd to forget about banks generally,cos if you finally get employed there,what future will you have there when it comes to growing in your career,i mean promotion they keep reminding u of being an hnd holder.
Some will force you to hide our hnd and tell you to use ond,i hve this personal experience with etb,but God didnt allow that to work,i know how frustrating it is staying at home without job,you always feel like taking anything that come your way,but i bet you if you are in there they will make you have this inferiority complex.
But i thank God today,i have hnd ACCOUNTING,still writing iICAN exams,i work with a big multinational coy,with opourtuinity of travel abroad for training and working for the parent coy,with other benefits and job secuirity.
Inrespective whethere you have BSC,HND,MSC,ICAN,2.1,2.2 UPPER CREDIT,LOWER CREDIT,when God says is time to lift you up,nothing can stop it,just work hard and remain focused,thats the key. <PEOPLE THAT WORKS WITH BANKS WILL ENVY YOU>

1 Like

Re: Banks Employ Hnd Graduates? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 30, 2007
chukymoney:

Hello,
I will advise anybody that has hnd to forget about banks generally,because if you finally get employed there,what future will you have there when it comes to growing in your career,i mean promotion they keep reminding u of being an hnd holder.
Some will force you to hide our hnd and tell you to use ond,i hve this personal experience with etb,but God didnt allow that to work,i know how frustrating it is staying at home without job,you always feel like taking anything that come your way,but i bet you if you are in there they will make you have this inferiority complex.
But i thank God today,i have hnd ACCOUNTING,still writing iICAN exams,i work with a big multinational coy,with opourtuinity of travel abroad for training and working for the parent coy,with other benefits and job secuirity.
Inrespective whethere you have BSC,HND,MSC,ICAN,2.1,2.2 UPPER CREDIT,LOWER CREDIT,when God says is time to lift you up,nothing can stop it,just work hard and remain focused,thats the key. <PEOPLE THAT WORKS WITH BANKS WILL ENVY YOU>

word
you said it all
Re: Banks Employ Hnd Graduates? by chiudo(f): 6:19pm On Aug 28, 2007
Hi guys,
Idon,t think is only Bank that does that some of the organisation also discriminates in salary wise,they pay more salary to BSC holders to HND holders,but i think is unfair,this discrimination should stop,afterall Hnd HOLDERS,is more exprienced compare to the BSC holders

(1) (2) (Reply)

Outcome Of CBN CPP Recruitment, 2020 / What Is The Longest Distance You've Trekked In Search Of Work? / NRC Recruit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.