Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,148 members, 7,815,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Why Islam Is Growing Steadily Despite The Decline Of Religion. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Islam Is Growing Steadily Despite The Decline Of Religion. (350 Views)

Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! / Is Atheism On The Decline? / Thank God For Slavery- A Case Of Religion Turning Blacks To Fools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Islam Is Growing Steadily Despite The Decline Of Religion. by GeorgesDiary(m): 5:06pm On Oct 06, 2021
It has nothing to do with awakening!

Nigeria is the fifth country in the world with the highest number of Muslims. It is also projected that Islam will become the world's largest religion.

Why? How?

It's not because Christians or people of other faith will be converted, it's simple demographic mathematics.
Muslim men have more than one wife and each wife have more children than an average monogamous family. So, a married Muslim woman have about 3 children, let's say she is one wife out of 4 wives in a single Muslim family. That one family may be having about 12 children.
Fertility in the Muslim population surpasses that of other religions. As a result of Muslim demographics, they have the majority of much younger population more than any other religion.

Here is another reason Islam may not be near decline...

Christians enjoy some level of liberty. A Christian can denounce God, denounce religion and become an atheist without consequences from the community. Most Christians believe that faith in God is personal and therefore, every man has the right to answer for themselves.
For Muslims, it's a different ball game. By the virtue of Sharia law, Muslims are not permitted to convert talk more of denouncing God and religious affiliation. Conversion comes with a heavy price; death sometimes.

While Muslims residing outside Muslim communities can convert without so many consequences, they aren't always proud to do so because of the persecution and threats that follow. Abandoning Islam by Muslims is seen as abandoning their family or tradition.

I remember that year when a Muslim would always attend our fellowship secretly and also ask me questions online about Jesus. He told me inbox "I believe in Jesus as my Lord and Savior but my father will kill me if I publicly identify as Christian".

2 Likes

Re: Why Islam Is Growing Steadily Despite The Decline Of Religion. by HRHQueenPhil(f): 5:19pm On Oct 06, 2021
Christianity is d best decision u can ever take
Unfortunately if u don't know how to take advantage of it, u wld lose out
If u don't know as Christians, u shld be a giver, u shld pray for ur friends,u shld evangelize u won't enjoy d rewards that's come with it
To learn more come church or text me

3 Likes

Re: Why Islam Is Growing Steadily Despite The Decline Of Religion. by LordReed(m): 6:26pm On Oct 06, 2021
GeorgesDiary:
It has nothing to do with awakening!

Nigeria is the fifth country in the world with the highest number of Muslims. It is also projected that Islam will become the world's largest religion.

Why? How?

It's not because Christians or people of other faith will be converted, it's simple demographic mathematics.
Muslim men have more than one wife and each wife have more children than an average monogamous family. So, a married Muslim woman have about 3 children, let's say she is one wife out of 4 wives in a single Muslim family. That one family may be having about 12 children.
Fertility in the Muslim population surpasses that of other religions. As a result of Muslim demographics, they have the majority of much younger population more than any other religion.

Here is another reason Islam may not be near decline...

Christians enjoy some level of liberty. A Christian can denounce God, denounce religion and become an atheist without consequences from the community. Most Christians believe that faith in God is personal and therefore, every man has the right to answer for themselves.
For Muslims, it's a different ball game. By the virtue of Sharia law, Muslims are not permitted to convert talk more of denouncing God and religious affiliation. Conversion comes with a heavy price; death sometimes.

While Muslims residing outside Muslim communities can convert without so many consequences, they aren't always proud to do so because of the persecution and threats that follow. Abandoning Islam by Muslims is seen as abandoning their family or tradition.

I remember that year when a Muslim would always attend our fellowship secretly and also ask me questions online about Jesus. He told me inbox "I believe in Jesus as my Lord and Savior but my father will kill me if I publicly identify as Christian".

You hit the nail on the head.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Dreamt A Weird Death Dream Of Me / Cherubim And Seraphim Church Prophet Has Promised To Reveal What Happened At Lek / How A Sincere Prayer Helped Me From Sexual Sin On WEN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.