Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

4 Reasons Why You Are Not Contented With What You Have - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 4 Reasons Why You Are Not Contented With What You Have (518 Views)

4 Reasons Why Rats Are Always In Your House / Is My Son Not Contented With Exclusive Breastfeeding ? / 4 Reasons Why You Won’t Get An Hourglass Shape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

4 Reasons Why You Are Not Contented With What You Have by BenDanor(m): 7:02pm On Oct 06, 2021
Living a self-fulfilling life starts with, first, being content with yourself and everything you have. I know that there’s always an excitement to have something new and shiny, but If you don’t know how to be content with yourself and what you have now, there’s every tendency that focusing on yourself will be hard in the long run.

Life becomes enjoyable when you learn how to be content with yourself — when you accept who you are, care for yourself, and be grateful for what you have now.

But there are some things that makes you not to be contented and they are:

1. You are in the wrong competition

Competing with someone that’s miles ahead of you is suicide. You need to pick a fight you can win.

You can’t have a monthly income of 500 dollars and compete with someone with a monthly income of 5,000 dollars, over who wears designer outfits and puts on costly ornaments.

In such a competition, you’re bound to crash like a plane shot out from the sky.

2. You compare

Do you compare smartphones? Clothing? Or lipstick? What on earth can we not compare? We even compare planets (that’s fair enough).

The problem is not in the comparison (because we need to compare to make our decisions) but in the motive of the comparison.

One way you never come to be contented with what you have is because you are in the comparison game. You compare what you have to what your friend or neighbor has.

3. You lack focus

One thing that can make you not be content with what you have is your lack of focus. People with shiny object syndrome find focusing on a single goal hard. They tend to jump from one shiny goal to another.

If you find yourself longing for new goals or material possessions when you aren’t done with what you have, it is a sign that you are not content with what you have.

Can't write 'em all here grin please take your time to check out the well-researched article I've written about how to be content with yourself. It contains infographics, contentment on different aspects of life, and more.

Check it out here: https://mycharacterboard.com/how-to-be-content-with-yourself/

(1) (Reply)

Here’s How I Won My Court Case With Cassava Leafs. / Cost Of CT Scan / Which One Softens Hair Faster, Shea Butter Or Indian Hemp?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.