Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom (12155 Views)

Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return / FG Implements Cooking Gas Imports Tax, Price Jumps By 100% / #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom by Traplord09: 6:10am On Oct 07, 2021
Crude oil price accounts for a large chunk of the final cost of petroleum products, and the further increase in oil prices means that the landing cost of imported fuel will rise.

Oil prices have extended their rally in recent days. The international oil benchmark, Brent crude, rose on to as high as $83.47 per barrel on Wednesday, its highest since October 2018, but fell to $80.95 per barrel as of 5:30pm Nigerian time.

The Managing Director of 11Plc (formerly Mobil Oil Nigeria Plc), Mr Adetunji Oyebanji, told our correspondent that marketers importing diesel into the country could not get access to dollars at the official rate of N413/$1.

Job losses loom, economic woes to worsen, NESG, experts warn

“We are not able to get the dollars we need from the banking system for fuel imports; so, it is because diesel pricing is free that is why we are still importing it. But because the pricing of petrol is pegged, we cannot import it,” said the immediate past chairman of Major Oil Marketers Association of Nigeria.

The President, Association of Small Business Owners of Nigeria, Mr Femi Egbesola, said the latest surge in diesel price would increase the average cost of manufacturing in the country.

He said, “All Nigerians depend on diesel. The reason is that manufacturers produce with diesel-powered generators; so, whatever they spend on diesel is added to the prices of their products. As far as Nigerians are buying those products, they are also paying part of the diesel price.

“It is unfortunate that the price of the product keeps increasing and nothing is being done about it. The high inflation rate in the country means that people have less money to buy things, and when prices are going up and the masses have less money to buy those products, we are going to have a lot of joblessness in the country.”

Egbesola said quite a number of small business owners had closed shop in the country while many were struggling to survive.

“Even if diesel price is deregulated, there should be some level of monitoring by the government to actually see if the marketers are still doing the right thing or they are over-profiting from this venture,” he added.

Nigeria, Africa’s largest oil producer, relies largely on importation for petrol and other refined products as its refineries have remained in a state of disrepair for many years.
https://punchng.com/diesel-price-jumps-to-n320-litre-job-losses-loom/?amp

Re: Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom by Nadaken: 6:12am On Oct 07, 2021
Don't worry buhari would borrow

28 Likes

Re: Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom by Difrent: 6:17am On Oct 07, 2021
Diesel had been deregulated....why are you expecting government to still have a hand in it....so tomorrow you can call the deregulation a scam

Its the usual forces of demand thats at play....and deregulation proponents have always said the price will be dictated by forces of demand and supply ....so why all this fuss

You now see the reluctance of government to fully deregulate petrol....until we have sufficient local capacity....it will be suicide as petrol may reach 500naira per litre

14 Likes

Re: Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom by endsarrrs(f): 6:30am On Oct 07, 2021
Yesterday I paid for diesel fuel at 290/liter in my area. I guess next it price would have added more there about.

What a time!!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom by JavaScript90: 6:59am On Oct 07, 2021
bleeped up country. When I went to fill up my 6kg gas yesterday i wept bitterly in my heart. Gas that I bought at 2400 for 6kg last 2 months is now selling for 4200 that is nearly a 100% increase.

I asked myself why should I buy gas at such exorbitant price in a state sitting in an ocean of natural gas. I concluded that some cabals are benefiting from the astronomical rise since the inception of this government.

Same yesterday around 8am I came out to my balcony only to see a pretty fair neighbour in the next compound who just wedded last year cooking with firewood. I later found out the the motorcycle her husband uses for daily hustle broke down last week and he couldn't fix it because the parts are now costlier than his budget. The pretty lady couldn't even afford either gas or kerosene, so she had to cook with wood.
One of my female neighbour who is a student took my stove when she could no more afford gas. Even the kerosene is not cheap. I think a liter is sold at about 300.

During the last administration when price of oil was higher in the international market petroleum products was not expensive in this country.

There is so much hunger in the land. People can not afford 2 square meals a day. The girls I see around are going into coded prostitution. The guys are majorly into internet fraud.
May affliction not rise the second time in 2023 in this country
Hello, I am a fullstack web developer. I develop all types of website. I major in developing complex custom website for businesses and startups. If you have an idea and need a competent programmer to translate your idea into codes, I am the right man for the job. I also have an already made real estate script for sale. Click my username to see my WhatsApp number on my profile.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom by Traplord09: 7:10am On Oct 07, 2021
I don't no were we are going.... ...... .....

I don't think nigerian can be fixed....
Ooo what a nation..

5 Likes

Re: Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom by inoki247: 7:10am On Oct 07, 2021
Hmmm....

Mak telecommunications no go sha increase any tariff lik this cause na diesel dem dey use run dere mast...

4 Likes

Re: Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom by hisgrace090: 7:25am On Oct 07, 2021
In this administration everything is jumping.

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom by helinues: 7:26am On Oct 07, 2021
Toh
Re: Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom by Dricker: 7:27am On Oct 07, 2021
Buhari go soon say na middlemen dy cause d problem.something dy wrong with middle of I'm brain.how will somebody be a source of sorrow to a whole country.las las na we go still vote idiots come 2023,thats if we survive buhari

7 Likes

Re: Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 07, 2021
Traplord09:
I don't no were we are going.... ...... .....

I don't think nigerian can be fixed....
Ooo what a nation..

it can be fixed!
let the positivity start from you!
stay blessed and safe
Re: Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom by Traplord09: 7:48am On Oct 07, 2021
azraeljaheel:

it can be fixed!
let the positivity start from you!
stay blessed and safe

Do I look like a government to you..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom by Maxymilliano(m): 7:51am On Oct 07, 2021
I can now fully understand what the dullard meant in his independence day broadcast when he said no administration since 1999 have done what he has achieved in six years.

23 Likes

Re: Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom by slawormiir: 8:07am On Oct 07, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom by stano2(m): 8:08am On Oct 07, 2021
Buhari na ur mate in failure grin

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom by Sirmuel1(m): 8:08am On Oct 07, 2021
Where exactly are we going? Things are VERY EXPENSIVE and no one is bold enough to question the Leaders?!

7 Likes

Re: Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom by Fingolap: 8:08am On Oct 07, 2021
Too bad
Re: Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom by Rodwave: 8:08am On Oct 07, 2021
When will it hit 500? I wan check something
Re: Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom by Timoleon(m): 8:09am On Oct 07, 2021
More job losses, more hunger, more depression, more walking corpses.

6 Likes

Re: Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom by Kirchoffs: 8:12am On Oct 07, 2021
If you voted this failure of an imp called buhari, may your life be run aground just the way the mannequin is running Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom by jojofola: 8:13am On Oct 07, 2021
Lmao

Nobody dey really buy Sardines these days.

E don turn luxury.

Terrorists in Power cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom by RiceProducers: 8:14am On Oct 07, 2021
JavaScript90:
bleeped up country

Why?. You need to think and don't blame govt. There are engineers and managers managing Refineries. Think

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom by CZBNB: 8:14am On Oct 07, 2021
Men
Seriously I pity salary earners under buhari
Can't count how many times I have bailed friends out
Inflation is pressing families

13 Likes

Re: Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom by Timoleon(m): 8:15am On Oct 07, 2021
I bet you didn’t read the article cos if you did you’ll find the section that said the importers couldn’t find fx to buy at the official price as the major cause of the hike.
Difrent:
Diesel had been deregulated....why are you expecting government to still have a hand in it....so tomorrow you can call the deregulation a scam

Its the usual forces of demand thats at play....and deregulation proponents have always said the price will be dictated by forces of demand and supply ....so why all this fuss

You now see the reluctance of government to fully deregulate petrol....until we have sufficient local capacity....it will be suicide as petrol may reach 500naira per litre

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom by SenecaTheYonger: 8:15am On Oct 07, 2021
Diesel wey person been dey manage
Re: Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom by RiceProducers: 8:15am On Oct 07, 2021
Timoleon:
More job losses, more hunger, more depression, more walking corpses.
İ love it. The remaining blood will rush to the brains and people will start asking fundamental questions about how they manage their businesses and lives.
Re: Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom by Samusu(m): 8:15am On Oct 07, 2021
God dey

Re: Diesel Price Jumps To N320/Litre, Job Losses Loom by Timoleon(m): 8:15am On Oct 07, 2021
CZBNB:
Men
Seriously I pity salary earners under buhari
Can't count how many times I have bailed friends out
Inflation is pressing families
can we be friends? I need bailing out.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Count Me Out Of Osun Debt Crisis – Aregbesola / My Take On The Proposed Anambra Airport Project"dead On Arrival" / 2023: Nigerians Waiting For PDP To Take Power – Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.