Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,348 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World (23473 Views)

7 Women Working Behind The Scenes, Contributing To The Growth Of Nigerian Music / 9 Nigerian Music Influenced Slangs And Their Meanings / "Ponraele: A Ponmile Cover" By Kayefi: Another Promotion Of Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by TheSupleemLeada(m): 4:23pm On Oct 07, 2021
Gbedulord:
Burna boy Maternal grandfather is from Ogbomosho abi

Ask Bose and ebunoluwa(burnaboy) grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by taofeeq137(m): 4:24pm On Oct 07, 2021
solasoulmusic:
Lojay
Niniola
Poe
Davido
Banks
Sarz
Me
Tiwa
Boj
Tems all doing our nation proud

Its the way you skipped CKay for me ���
Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by lascos912(m): 4:38pm On Oct 07, 2021
What of DBANJ
Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by nisai: 4:45pm On Oct 07, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:

Ask Bose and ebunoluwa(burnaboy) grin
Let him take it up with Burna that is identifying himself with Yoruba, or his parents who have him a Yoruba name. We have enough stars to be worrying over him. He has always told the world that he has Yoruba in him at every opportunity.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by meccuno: 4:46pm On Oct 07, 2021
[s]
Gratefulheart1:

Fela made afrobeats popular. Fela is a Legend internationally days of no internet. Days when wack songs don't sell. Not days like this when everybody is a celebrity.
Celebrities were rare those days but yet Fela did it for Africa.

Recently Wizkid did, then Burna boy.
Remove Froggy from the list, he only came this far by buying his way with money and playing the brains of many dull, wack youths the country is blessed with. But money has a limit. Cheating has expiry date.

Wizkid is one lucky kid. His luck changed years ago when Drake heard his Ojuelegba song and since then, Kid has been globing everywhere.

But it's just luck, not like he's among the top best singers in Nigeria. But at least, he's still better than wack frogged voice.
[/s]You were doing good until you said davido has a froggy voice. dude stop hating undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by ofiko123(m): 4:53pm On Oct 07, 2021
Doctoadisa:
Congratulations to them

I am telling you..
Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by Caseless: 4:57pm On Oct 07, 2021
Gratefulheart1:

Fela made afrobeats popular. Fela is a Legend internationally days of no internet. Days when wack songs don't sell. Not days like this when everybody is a celebrity.

Remove Froggy from the list, he only came this far by buying his way with money and playing the brains of many dull, wack youths the country is blessed with. But money has a limit. Cheating has expiry date.

Wizkid is one lucky kid. His luck changed years ago when Drake heard his Ojuelegba song and since then, Kid has been globing everywhere.

But it's just luck, not like he's among the top best singers in Nigeria. But at least, he's still better than wack frogged voice.
you just hate David because he's from a rich home - typical of Nigerians.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by Oyin2212(m): 5:02pm On Oct 07, 2021
Gratefulheart1:

You're an ungrateful heart

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by aspabay(m): 5:05pm On Oct 07, 2021
afube:

Burna boy is not yoruba oga?

Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu, na who?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by Jaqenhghar: 5:05pm On Oct 07, 2021
Bigchristo:
my friend that’s a big lie, So you think to win Grammy is beans? Or song emerging gold platinum in the US is a joke? Songs being on billboard rating also being recognized by Grammy BET MTVbase, Nigeria artist will do show in O2 arena will be sold out within the space of few hours as big as 02 arena you think is only black People who attend such show? Bruh give Naija artist their maximum respect dem nor be your mate for doings.
Mr man. Can you name everyone who won a grammy sincr it's inception? Abi na today music begin go platinum in the US? These are impressive achievements no doubt but that doesnt mean the whole world will stop for you or the whole world knows you because of that. Long before them wizkid we had the likes of Miriam Makeba , Yousoou n'dour , etc some of them you have never heard of so should we say they never existed because uou never heard of them?

3 Likes

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by Jaqenhghar: 5:09pm On Oct 07, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:

I've seen Nigerians who dance to Michael Jackson and thinks he's from the UK. It doesn't take away from their influence.....plus these guys have won international awards so this your logic doesn't apply.

Logic wont apply to fan boys and dickriders. They are not that popular. Deal with it. Listen and enjoy your music If you want to. If my logic pain you, you can turn into a one man vigilante and try to force everyone in the world o listen to them.
Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by Jaqenhghar: 5:10pm On Oct 07, 2021
Bigchristo:
my friend that’s a big lie, So you think to win Grammy is beans? Or song emerging gold platinum in the US is a joke? Songs being on billboard rating also being recognized by Grammy BET MTVbase, Nigeria artist will do show in O2 arena will be sold out within the space of few hours as big as 02 arena you think is only black People who attend such show? Bruh give Naija artist their maximum respect dem nor be your mate for doings.
..oh and there is no such thing as gold platinum. It's either gold or platinum. That's like saying someone won gold silver in an event in the olympics
Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by Bigchristo: 5:47pm On Oct 07, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

..oh and there is no such thing as gold platinum. It's either gold or platinum. That's like saying someone won gold silver in an event in the olympics
You should know so well that is what I meant.
Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by TheSupleemLeada(m): 5:54pm On Oct 07, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Logic wont apply to fan boys and dickriders. They are not that popular. Deal with it. Listen and enjoy your music If you want to. If my logic pain you, you can turn into a one man vigilante and try to force everyone in the world o listen to them.

Lol... you sound like a soyboy divkhead only good at being a critic. Achieve something tangible before you analyse the popularity and achievements of better men

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by Bigchristo: 5:56pm On Oct 07, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Mr man. Can you name everyone who won a grammy sincr it's inception? Abi na today music begin go platinum in the US? These are impressive achievements no doubt but that doesnt mean the whole world will stop for you or the whole world knows you because of that. Long before them wizkid we had the likes of Miriam Makeba , Yousoou n'dour , etc some of them you have never heard of so should we say they never existed because uou never heard of them?
I never said they’re not existing at least we know how of those who did well before, The world system of recognition in music and awards is based on those things I have mentioned i think Grammy is the highest award around the globe and our artist has won it so what else will you used in rating them again? Stop this kind of bad belle package give them the respect they deserve.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by Jaqenhghar: 6:03pm On Oct 07, 2021
Bigchristo:
I never said they’re not existing at least we know how of those who did well before, The world system of recognition in music and awards is based on those things I have mentioned i think Grammy is the highest award around the globe and our artist has won it so what else will you used in rating them again? Stop this kind of bad belle package give them the respect they deserve.
When they speak facts you call it bad belle. Celebrate excellence but dont go over your head and exaggerate stuff because you feel a certain way about someone. A korean music group won best album last 2 years. A category that is far more prestigious than international act. Im sure you never heard of them. No one insulted you or called you bad belle because you haven't heard of them.

1 Like

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by Jaqenhghar: 6:07pm On Oct 07, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:

Lol... you sound like a soyboy divkhead only good at being a critic. Achieve something tangible before you analyse the popularity and achievements of better men
Im not being critical just stating facts.
Why does it pain you to hear that your favourite artist is not as popular as you think? No be mouth Burna boy can come to my office and I bet no one will notice. Not because he is not good but not everyobe listens to his shít. I dont know why that is so bitter to understand
Travel some more read some more you will seethat the world is far larger than that hellhole you live in.

1 Like

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by TheSupleemLeada(m): 6:13pm On Oct 07, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Im not being critical just stating facts.
Why does it pain you to hear that your favourite artist is not as popular as you think? No be mouth Burna boy can come to my office and I bet no one will notice. Not because he is not good but not everyobe listens to his shít. I dont know why that is so bitter to understand
Travel some more read some more you will seethat the world is far larger than that hellhole you live in.

Knew you were going to come up with some dumb retort. Burna, wizkid and Davido are stars selling out 50k stadiums in the UK and US....what you selling? Nothing except for BS and your unnecessary opinions. Nobody gives a shit about your travels.... Columbus travelled the world and conquered lands, you travel the world to give hot takes and talk shit on a faceless forum. Fvck off.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by Jaqenhghar: 6:15pm On Oct 07, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:

Knew you were going to come up with some dumb retort. Burna, wizkid and Davido are stars selling out 50k stadiums in the UK and london....what you selling? Nothing except for BS and your unnecessary opinions. Nobody gives a shit about your travels.... Columbus travelled the world and conquered lands, you travel the world to give hot takes and talk shit on a faceless forum. Fvck off.
LOL. Now you sound like an upset fangirl. Would you like some tissue?
Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by gaskiyamagana: 6:25pm On Oct 07, 2021
Before the trio ever come to music, Nigeria music are in London and American by :
KKING SUNNY ADE
SIKIRU AYINDE BARISTER
KING WASIU AYINDE MARSHAL

3 Likes

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by TheSupleemLeada(m): 6:47pm On Oct 07, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

LOL. Now you sound like an upset fangirl. Would you like some tissue?

No, l'd pass, use the tissue wipe your mum's ass

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by Classickj(m): 7:07pm On Oct 07, 2021
Loverboy3333:

Yes we know him but no need to mention his name else his fans will start crying like frog tongue grin
You with your golden voice, how many single or album you get

1 Like

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by Classickj(m): 7:09pm On Oct 07, 2021
gokay11:
Funny how some guys become mad whenever Davido name is mentioned....

I mean this guy didn't asked to be born with a sliver spoon, he was just fortunate.

Saying he bought his way to the very top is a fallacy.

If money is the only reason he's where he is today, then the like likes LAX, Cuppy, B red, Tillaman, DJ xclusive and so on should be up there with him.

Without talent you ain't going nowhere

Respect that guy.
Gbayi gbayi
You are bless

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by Classickj(m): 7:11pm On Oct 07, 2021
Gratefulheart1:

Hating for reason
Fem Jó
0BO all the way

1 Like

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by Classickj(m): 7:13pm On Oct 07, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
I agree .....but one among them got no talent

Hmmm....I nor talk o
Which talent you get apart from smoking weed

1 Like

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by valnelly(m): 7:14pm On Oct 07, 2021
Have you forgotten Oputakumo boys?? They imported and exported music from Ummunebe Village to the world! �
Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by valnelly(m): 7:14pm On Oct 07, 2021
Classickj:

Hating for reason
Fem Jó
0BO all the way

Oko all the way... No Obo without Oko
Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by valnelly(m): 7:15pm On Oct 07, 2021
Classickj:

Which talent you get apart from smoking weed
What a bombshell

1 Like

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by valnelly(m): 7:17pm On Oct 07, 2021
What of Baba Fela of blessed memories??
He created a genre of music that is being recognized globally... That's a massive export... Nobody can contest.
Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by gokay11(m): 7:43pm On Oct 07, 2021
Classickj:

Gbayi gbayi
You are bless
Maximum respect man
Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by Classickj(m): 7:47pm On Oct 07, 2021
valnelly:

Oko all the way... No Obo without Oko
Weray grin cheesy
Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by Bigchristo: 8:02pm On Oct 07, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

When they speak facts you call it bad belle. Celebrate excellence but dont go over your head and exaggerate stuff because you feel a certain way about someone. A korean music group won best album last 2 years. A category that is far more prestigious than international act. Im sure you never heard of them. No one insulted you or called you bad belle because you haven't heard of them.
what are you even saying? Who is arguing with you that Koreans aren’t good in their music? Or win an award? The reasons why I called you bad belle is the way you’re stressing it as if Nigeria artist aren’t even recognized in the world but we have won from the same award which you used in rating others, bring it international act or other categories of the award winning is winning, Abeg I do too spend to argue with you on this note, but I will say it respect Nigeria artist dem still not be your mate for doings

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

For Lovers Of Rock Music Only! / 10 Rising Artists Music Listeners Should Keep A Tab On In 2021 / Soundcity MVP Awards Festival 2017 Full Nominations List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.