Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,224 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World (23433 Views)

7 Women Working Behind The Scenes, Contributing To The Growth Of Nigerian Music / 9 Nigerian Music Influenced Slangs And Their Meanings / "Ponraele: A Ponmile Cover" By Kayefi: Another Promotion Of Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by MusicTNG: 7:15am On Oct 07, 2021
Do you want to know the 3 famous Nigerian artists who have found international recognition by Promoting and churning out Hit Nigerian Music?

Are you looking for Nigerian artists who through their songs have promoted Afrobeat to the world?

Should I tell you artists that have great voices?

In their music are sounds that people love.

Happy sounds like sleet hailing....

Quite sound like a spider walking.....

Songs that make the listener to be flooded with a fury of sweet desires, songs that have the erotic ability to burst your whole being. Nigerian Songs that has the capacity to soothe your mind and body like the early morning sunshine.

Generally, songs that set you aflame with fury of smooth sweet desires.
Now listen!

There are three of them ........ (Burna Boy, Davido and Wizkid).

These three Afrobeat singers have sung songs more beautifully than senses could bear.

Do you know what they have been doing most? I will tell you ....... They have been making a great impact on Afrobeat and its global adoption.

Burna Boy ( Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu)

Popularly known as “African Giant". He is a Nigerian songwriter, dancer and rapper. He is one of the renowned successful African artists. Many believe his music style, resonates with that of Afrobeat legend Fela Kuti. He rose to the limelight in 2012 after he dished out “Like To Party" a single from his debut studio album L.I.F.E. In 2012, Bad habit/Atlantic Records in the United States and Warner music group internationally signed him. 2019 was a remarkable year for Burna Boy as he won the Best International Act at the 2019 BET award and he was declared an Apple Music Best Artist.

Also, “African Giant" his fourth studio album was released in July 2019. At the 2019 “All African Music Awards” it won the album of the year and was nominated for best world music album at the 62nd annual Grammy awards.

Do you want to know what happened to Burna Boy in 2020?

Chill, I will tell you. His album Twice As Tall, was nominated "Best World Music Album" making him the first Nigerian with back to back nomination at the Grammy. At the 63rd annual Grammy awards, his album "Twice As Tall", won the award for the best global music album. He was also awarded the "African Artiste Of The Year" at the 2020 VGMA'S. With the release of multiple singles in the early month of 2020, just by himself and on featured credits. Burna Boy has featured in the remix of The south African producer master KG'S viral song “Jerusalema" song. The Jerusalema Remix made the song enter and top various charts.

"Twice As Tall" was released on 14th August 2020

Daddy and mama Burna Bose were the executive producers. The album was no ordinary album, it was debuting at number 1 on the Billboard world album chart, thereby becoming his highest-charting project so far. The Edison award in the world album category for “African Giant", and the Best International Act at the MOBO award was presented to him on 9th December, even when a strong renowned artist like Megan Thee Stallion, Drake, Lil Baby and Roddy Ricch were his competitor in the same Award Category.

His song “Destiny" was included in the playlist at the inauguration of American president Joe Biden. 2021 is indeed a favourable year for Burna Boy. He won the best international Act. This made him to become the first African artist to get 3 nominations and wins them all.

Davido (David Adeleke)

Arguably The most famous Afrobeat singer, with the highest fanbase. Afrobeat is the new trend in the international music space and Davido is not here to play. He solely focuses on promoting Afrobeat to the world. Gone are the days when Afrobeat was poorly promoted and barely accepted in the world. Davido is out here, making sure Afrobeat gets all the needed attention it sole richly deserves. Davido got a huge attention after he dropped “Dami Duro". The second single from his debut studio album “Omo Baba Olowo" in 2012.

Do you wish to see how Davido has made sure Afrobeat keeps extending to the world?

Davido just skyrocketed rapidly by becoming one of the Afrobeats singers with back to back chart-topping singles, awards, sold-out concerts amongst others.... Consider some of his awards so far...

1- BET award for best international act (2018).

2- The headies award for the best international act (2018).

3- The headies award for artist of the year (2018).

4- MTV African music award for artist of the year (2014)....amongst others

Also, Davido signed a record deal with Sony music in 2016. He also founded the record label Davido music worldwide (DMW).

His second studio album “A Good Time” was released in November 2019. African Magazine cited him as one of the top 100 most influential Africans.

Davido featured in “coming to America 2”. He performed his song Assurance in a scene of the movie. This is a great win for Afrobeat, to sing in Hollywood movies isn’t something that comes around all the time. Davido also released his Third Studio Album tagged "A Better Time" in 2020 which featured Top American Artistes like Nicki Minaj, Nas, Lil Baby, Chris Brown, Young Thug and Hit-Boy.

Wizkid (Ayodeji Balogun)

He is one of a kind Afrobeat singer, he has simply skyrocketed Afrobeat all over the world by deeds, loyalty and devotion. He is one Afrobeat singer that has a habit of dispersing explosive songs around the world. He makes his fans have magical experiences when they listen to his songs. Even the ruling “All progressive Congress” has placed him on a pedestal. They had mentioned that Wizkid is a great inspiration to the youth for winning the 63rd Grammy held in Los Angeles, USA. Just when he was 11 years, he started his music career In 2011, had his first song recorded with OJB Jezreel.

Look at how huge Wizkid is driving Afrobeat to the world

A collaboration with Drake gained him international recognition in 2016, the single One Dance.

This single reached no 1 in 15 countries, including the USA Billboard Hot 100.

Now let me tell you something sweet.

Do you know that Wizkid is the first Afrobeat singer to appear on Guinness world records? Oh yes, he is...with his contribution in Drake’s hit song “One Dance".

Wizkid fourth studio album “Made In Lagos“ was really a big deal with the Hit Song Essence Off the Album Still Trending. It topped Spotify global album chart. The Album has attained a good spot on the Billboard world album chart and a song from the Album Essence ft Tems got a Remix with Justin Bieber.

In this post, you were able to see how these fascinating acts were able to move our very own Afrobeat to the world. They are still soaring higher.

This is a big indication that Afrobeat is not going anywhere anytime soon. It is here to stay and explode all over the world.

Source: https://naijamz.com/music-news/1/these-great-artists-are-majorly-involved-in-the-promotion-of-nigerian-music-to-the-world-

10 Likes

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by MusicTNG: 7:16am On Oct 07, 2021
Nice one! Our Nigerian artistes have been doing great lately, but these 2 are superb.

NaiJamz

7 Likes

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by MusicGNG: 7:16am On Oct 07, 2021
For me, I think Wizkid has been doing better promotion than the rest on that list

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by house10s: 7:19am On Oct 07, 2021
dey are doing well
Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 7:51am On Oct 07, 2021
These guys made Afrobeats popular, kudos to them

13 Likes

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 07, 2021
Ikillbrokehoes:
These guys made Afrobeats popular, kudos to them

Fela made afrobeats popular. Fela is a Legend internationally days of no internet. Days when wack songs don't sell. Not days like this when everybody is a celebrity.
Celebrities were rare those days but yet Fela did it for Africa.

Recently Wizkid did, then Burna boy.
Remove Froggy from the list, he only came this far by buying his way with money and playing the brains of many dull, wack youths the country is blessed with. But money has a limit. Cheating has expiry date.

Wizkid is one lucky kid. His luck changed years ago when Drake heard his Ojuelegba song and since then, Kid has been globing everywhere.

But it's just luck, not like he's among the top best singers in Nigeria. But at least, he's still better than wack frogged voice.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by wunmi590(m): 2:21pm On Oct 07, 2021

Nigerian musicians have been known to put in awe the international community with their beautiful songs...

We just pray that the present Nigerian musicians who have been doing so continue to produce great beat that will spurn them to international award and more recognition.

I also hope our upcoming musicians can start singing better musics, but not trash

7 Likes

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by Oddfinder: 2:21pm On Oct 07, 2021
Who remember this slogan again Album swallow album lol..where the album today. Baba paid 100k in dollars to dababy to sing rubbish. Parade America's finest thinking that the rubbish album will trend in America lol..awon frogy fans should advice him to calm down.stop d hate on burna n wiz.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by RichThugg: 2:21pm On Oct 07, 2021
After everything I’ve done for the music industry and Nigeria as a whole, why is my name not there?? angry

cheesy

8 Likes

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by slawormiir: 2:22pm On Oct 07, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr

I agree .....but one among them got no talent

Loverboy3333:

Yes we know him but no need to mention his name else his fans will start crying like frog tongue grin

Hmmm....I nor talk o

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by shogsman(m): 2:22pm On Oct 07, 2021
Really I didn't know,I could have swore it was terry apala,qdot and osupa saheed that is promoting our songs in the USA.
You wanna know another surprising fact, every 60 seconds makes one minute in Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by Sirheny007(m): 2:22pm On Oct 07, 2021
Basically, Nigerian music is wack.
It takes superhuman strength to promote wack.

So kudos to them.

5 Likes

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by Doctoadisa(m): 2:23pm On Oct 07, 2021
Congratulations to them
Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by Teewhy2: 2:23pm On Oct 07, 2021
Naija to the world, that is how we have many Nigerians doing great in various aspect of life.
Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by GeneralPula: 2:23pm On Oct 07, 2021
Davido has made more intentional hit than the Duos..

Aiye
Skelewu
If
Fall
Risky
Blow my mind
That song with meekmill..
And few others more..

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by Eriokanmi: 2:23pm On Oct 07, 2021
True. I remember an evening in 2019 as i was walking down the road leading to Miami Beach and i heard davido's song at a club. I was thinking the club was operated by a black or Nigerian. To satisfy my suspicion, I entered the place, only to see full whites there. They were dancing like no man's business. In PA, there is a group from a tribe called pensylvanian dutch, who tagged themselves TeamDavido

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by chyckxx(m): 2:23pm On Oct 07, 2021
It’s afrobeats to the world. I really hope our lead artists would collaborate more and beef less. Check my signature to listen to my new song, i’m next up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by yommen: 2:24pm On Oct 07, 2021
Hausa no go dey again I know.
Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by dynicks(m): 2:24pm On Oct 07, 2021
This list ain't complete without names like

SPEED DARLINGHTON!!

2 Likes

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by kennethfranc(m): 2:24pm On Oct 07, 2021
J
Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by adesegun121(m): 2:24pm On Oct 07, 2021
Ok
Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by Mopolchi: 2:25pm On Oct 07, 2021
cheesy
Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by Loverboy3333: 2:25pm On Oct 07, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

I agree .....but one among them got no talent

Yes we know him but no need to mention his name else his fans will start crying like frog tongue grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by aspabay(m): 2:26pm On Oct 07, 2021
All of them Yorubas

Omoluabi rule the world positively

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by SonofDevil: 2:29pm On Oct 07, 2021
aspabay:
All of them Yorubas

Omoluabi rule the world positively
burna is half yoruba half ijaw

6 Likes

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by Emmexguy123: 2:30pm On Oct 07, 2021
Is Burna Boy a rapper??

When did he rap in his life?
Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by yetunsbay(m): 2:30pm On Oct 07, 2021
Gratefulheart1:

Fela made afrobeats popular. Fela is a Legend internationally days of no internet. Days when wack songs don't sell. Not days like this when everybody is a celebrity.
Celebrities were rare those days but yet Fela did it for Africa.

Recently Wizkid did, then Burna boy.
Remove Froggy from the list, he only came this far by buying his way with money and playing the brains of many dull, wack youths the country is blessed with. But money has a limit. Cheating has expiry date.

Wizkid is one lucky kid. His luck changed years ago when Drake heard his Ojuelegba song and since then, Kid has been globing everywhere.

But it's just luck, not like he's among the top best singers in Nigeria. But at least, he's still better than wack frogged voice.
That you're alive sef na luck so what else

8 Likes

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by gokay11(m): 2:31pm On Oct 07, 2021
Funny how some guys become mad whenever Davido name is mentioned....

I mean this guy didn't asked to be born with a sliver spoon, he was just fortunate.

Saying he bought his way to the very top is a fallacy.

If money is the only reason he's where he is today, then the like likes LAX, Cuppy, B red, Tillaman, DJ xclusive and so on should be up there with him.

Without talent you ain't going nowhere

Respect that guy.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World by bahdpersona(m): 2:31pm On Oct 07, 2021
One thing I know is that without yoruba there is no Afrobeat, Afrobeat is not completed without the mention of yoruba culture

Afrobeat is now the trending music genre in the world thanks to the trio...

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame / (Music) Sophyn – Bonny Boy / Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.