Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,569 members, 7,812,841 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

I Was Much Happier When Poor – Akon - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Was Much Happier When Poor – Akon (288 Views)

"I Was Happier When I Was Poor" Akon (pic/video) / Adunni Ade Goes Back To Islam, Leaves Christianity. Feels Fulfilled & Happier / Akon And One Of His Wives Step Out Together (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Much Happier When Poor – Akon by faith2kool(f): 11:50am On Oct 07, 2021

Senegalese-American singer, Akon, has said he was much happier when he was poor because life is tougher for the rich than the poor.

The singer said this during an interview with TMZ.

He revealed that he was actually happier when he was poor adding that being successful comes with a lot of problems.

“Nobody can sit there and tell me, that I didn’t go through poverty. I was the young African kid, barefoot and playing soccer in the village with no electricity, no running water.

“I knew what that looked like, believe me, I know what poverty looks like.

“But I also know what success looks like, and from my personal experience, I’m having more problems successfully dealing with all that comes with success than I had when I was poor. I was actually happier when I was poor,” he said.

Source: https://tigblog.com.ng/2021/10/07/i-was-much-happier-when-poor-akon/
Re: I Was Much Happier When Poor – Akon by illicit(m): 12:03pm On Oct 07, 2021
undecided
Re: I Was Much Happier When Poor – Akon by Skillsnigeria: 12:13pm On Oct 07, 2021
Hmmm
Re: I Was Much Happier When Poor – Akon by TarOrfeeek: 12:28pm On Oct 07, 2021
LIE LIE

You were not barefoot and playing football in any African village.

Akon, you were born in the USA to Immigrants. Even if you moved back to Senegal young, that does not even mean you went back to a village.

Stop lying to attract sympathy spotlight.

(1) (Reply)

Wizkid Joins Burna Boy On Stage To Shutdown Hollywood Bowl Concert / Bbnaija 2021 Winner, Whitemoney Placed On Drip After Breaking Down (VIDEO) / Photos: Mo Abudu, Chimamanda, Others At MIPAD 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.