Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m (20440 Views)

QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam / Orezone!? Gold Quest!?: The Sinister Plot Of Qnet. Job Scam In Burkina Faso / Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 07, 2021
grin
Re: Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m by kemika8989(m): 3:57pm On Oct 07, 2021
valentineuwakwe:
The Katsina State Police Command has paraded before newsmen a 42-year-old woman for allegedly selling fake employment offer letters to unsuspecting job seekers in Nigeria.

According to the Police Public Relations Officer in the State, SP Gambo Isah, the suspect, Hajarat Iyeh Egbunu allegedly amassed over N47 million from the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) job scam.

Hajara allegedly collected the sum of N3.5 million from each of the unsuspecting job seekers before issuing them with the fake ECOWAS online appointment letters to work at the headquarters, with a monthly salary of N3 million.

Hajara, who resides in Abuja, is said to be a former staff of the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) based in Abuja who has been on the watchlist of security agencies for various fraudulent offences.

According to SP. Isah Gambo: “based on credible intelligence, the Command succeeded in arresting one Ibrahim Lawal El-Maki, ‘M’, aged 45yrs of Rafin Dadi Quarters, now residing at Gwarinpa Quarters, Abuja who conspired with one Hajarat Iyeh Egbunu, ‘F’, aged 42yrs of Kubwa, Abuja, an indigene of Kogi state, a dismissed Nigerian Immigration Service officer, a notorious fraudster who has been on the wanted list of security agencies for various offences relating to fraud.

“The fact of the case was that on 15/10/2020, the suspect Ibrahim Lawal El-Maki, approached one Aminu Hamza, ‘M’, aged 32yrs of GRA, Katsina State with a proposal for a job vacancy at Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), Headquarters, Abuja, with a salary of more than three million Naira (N3 million). He also informed him that each offer is sold at three million and five hundred thousand (N3.5 million).

“The said Aminu Hamza informed his friends of this lucrative offer, they picked interest and gathered the sum of seven million Naira (Seven Million Naira) which they transferred to Ibrahim El-Maki’s account. Subsequently, the suspect, Ibrahim Lawal ElMaki sent copies of the appointment letters to him through WhatsApp which were later discovered to be fake.

“In the course of investigation, Ibrahim Lawal Elmaki was traced and arrested. He also confessed to have collected the said money but gave it to one Hajarat Iyeh Egbunu in good faith with intent of assisting his friends to get ECOWAS juicy appointments.
Elmaki cooperated and assisted the police in their investigation which led to the arrest of the principal suspect Hajarat Iye Egbunu, who confessed to have received the sum of thirty-four million, eight hundred thousand naira (N34 million and eight hundred thousand) from Ibrahim Lawal Elmaki through her bank accounts. But Elmaki stated that she collected the sum of forty-seven million, three hundred and fifty thousand (N47 million) from him.

“It may interest you to know that other unsuspecting members of the public defrauded by the suspect through the same modus operandi by Hajarat Iye Egbunu are still trooping to the Command Headquarters to lodge their complaints. Investigation is ongoing.”

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/10/07/job-scam-woman-arrested-for-selling-fake-ecowas-employment-worth-over-n47m/
wait ooo for this kubwa wey me I dey nawa oooo.
Re: Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 07, 2021
Prayfortheworld:
Both young and old are into fraud this days, we don't know whom to trust anymore.

My mom's uncle scammed her 400,000 the other day in the name of getting her a federal job she almost collapsed

What hardship and greed won't cause doesn't exist.
God help us
He might not be the one, he trusted his source but the source messed him up

1 Like

Re: Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m by Kayyus09(m): 4:00pm On Oct 07, 2021
The heart of man, extremely wicked.

Only those that retain God in their heart can play fair with others.
Re: Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m by Angelfrost(m): 4:01pm On Oct 07, 2021
Trust a Nigerian at your own risk...

We need to have a word with ourselves. Something is seriously and deeply wrong with the average Nigerian!

It's not just that the economy is bad... There are nations with worse economies but far better citizens.

1 Like

Re: Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m by albertflex(m): 4:06pm On Oct 07, 2021
Double standard people will support yahoo yahoo but hate this woman.
Re: Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m by Brandonx(m): 4:25pm On Oct 07, 2021
Just look at her innocent face who would have thought otherwise undecided
Re: Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m by Emmanuel909090: 4:35pm On Oct 07, 2021
You have 47million, while look for a job when China is open to all, even though on restriction now.
Re: Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m by Emmanuel909090: 4:36pm On Oct 07, 2021
Why look for a job when China is open to all, even though on restriction now.
Re: Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m by NWABUKA007(m): 4:55pm On Oct 07, 2021
wonders shall not cease
I hear say
yahoo plus women self don dey

it is well o

grin
Mikelarteta:
I fear who no fear women, the are not even the future anymore they are the present. They are beating men to the game ranging from Oloshoism, 419, Assult, armed robbery , etc.
Re: Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m by NWABUKA007(m): 4:56pm On Oct 07, 2021
Emmanuel909090:
Why look for a job when China is open to all, even though on restriction now.

to work there or What
Re: Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m by Emmanuel909090: 5:12pm On Oct 07, 2021
NWABUKA007:

to work there or What

Business, importation.
Re: Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m by IamDavid(m): 5:12pm On Oct 07, 2021
Teewhy2:

people get mind sha.
You will see them covering face like saints not knowing what is beneath the cloth covering is worse.

Do you need to do a roof parapet?
Are you building on a water logged land?
Try to reduce your building load with the use of polystyrene material.
Get to know more by clicking below.

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/21

Can you give a rough estimate, how does it compare to the regular casting?
Re: Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m by mdgreen(m): 5:14pm On Oct 07, 2021
This woman defrauded one of my friend in 2018-2020, of about 1.5m for custom job. The worse of it all it was my friend uncle that collected the money and gave it to her, appointment letter was shown to my uncle and the salary was 300k per month. At last we plan to report her to human right radio, but she pleaded that her connect at custom are the one delaying. Baba we have to ask for refund. It took this woman almost a year to pay back 1.5million naira.

2 Likes

Re: Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m by Innobee99(m): 5:15pm On Oct 07, 2021
Mama Elijah, u defrauded me of my hard earned 500k for a job offer. Seeing this news break my heart.

E no go better for u
Re: Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m by Octopusssy(f): 5:15pm On Oct 07, 2021
These people get mind sha
Re: Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m by Calitoscassius(m): 5:45pm On Oct 07, 2021
Prayfortheworld:
Both young and old are into fraud this days, we don't know whom to trust anymore.

My mom's uncle scammed her 400,000 the other day in the name of getting her a federal job she almost collapsed

What hardship and greed won't cause doesn't exist.
God help us
Why would any sane human pay for job offer? In what planet do you people live? If you want a job apply for it with your qualifications. undecided
Re: Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m by Calitoscassius(m): 5:56pm On Oct 07, 2021
Why are nigerians so stupid, criminal minded and corrupt? Why would anyone with a sound mind pay for a job offer? In what planet they these goons live? Clearly for anyone to pay to work in a department they are not qualified for they must be really really stupid. I applaud the woman for scamming them.

If anyone wants a job they should apply with the corporation they intend to work for or in personally with their genuine qualifications.. clearly they are not qualified for the jobs. I just don't get it! Nigerians and their lies, scams and corruption, dammm! it beats my imaginations. I would feel comfortable working in a firm or office knowing that i am not qualified and paid to get the job, it also means that i am useless, i am capable of obtaining a genuine lucrative job for with my hard acquired skills and qualifications.. the buyers of the so called employment offers clearly believed they can ripe where they didn't sow.

Nigeria will never ever ever ever ever get better with these kinda mentalities.
Re: Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m by DKM123: 7:06pm On Oct 07, 2021
Calitoscassius:
Why are nigerians so stupid, criminal minded and corrupt? Why would anyone with a sound mind pay for a job offer? In what planet they these goons live? Clearly for anyone to pay to work in a department they are not qualified for they must be really really stupid. I applaud the woman for scamming them.

If anyone wants a job they should apply with the corporation they intend to work for or in personally with their genuine qualifications.. clearly they are not qualified for the jobs. I just don't get it! Nigerians and their lies, scams and corruption, dammm! it beats my imaginations. I would feel comfortable working in a firm or office knowing that i am not qualified and paid to get the job, it also means that i am useless, i am capable of obtaining a genuine lucrative job for with my hard acquired skills and qualifications.. the buyers of the so called employment offers clearly believed they can ripe where they didn't sow.

Nigeria will never ever ever ever ever get better with these kinda mentalities.

Abeg make we hear word. It's you that is living under a rock not to know that corruption is rife in Nigeria and that jobs are actually sold to QUALIFIED candidates. Sometimes even over qualified job seekers pay for jobs where they are under employed

2 Likes

Re: Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m by Bighead9: 7:12pm On Oct 07, 2021
valentineuwakwe:
The Katsina State Police Command has paraded before newsmen a 42-year-old woman for allegedly selling fake employment offer letters to unsuspecting job seekers in Nigeria.

According to the Police Public Relations Officer in the State, SP Gambo Isah, the suspect, Hajarat Iyeh Egbunu allegedly amassed over N47 million from the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) job scam.

Hajara allegedly collected the sum of N3.5 million from each of the unsuspecting job seekers before issuing them with the fake ECOWAS online appointment letters to work at the headquarters, with a monthly salary of N3 million.

Hajara, who resides in Abuja, is said to be a former staff of the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) based in Abuja who has been on the watchlist of security agencies for various fraudulent offences.

According to SP. Isah Gambo: “based on credible intelligence, the Command succeeded in arresting one Ibrahim Lawal El-Maki, ‘M’, aged 45yrs of Rafin Dadi Quarters, now residing at Gwarinpa Quarters, Abuja who conspired with one Hajarat Iyeh Egbunu, ‘F’, aged 42yrs of Kubwa, Abuja, an indigene of Kogi state, a dismissed Nigerian Immigration Service officer, a notorious fraudster who has been on the wanted list of security agencies for various offences relating to fraud.

“The fact of the case was that on 15/10/2020, the suspect Ibrahim Lawal El-Maki, approached one Aminu Hamza, ‘M’, aged 32yrs of GRA, Katsina State with a proposal for a job vacancy at Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), Headquarters, Abuja, with a salary of more than three million Naira (N3 million). He also informed him that each offer is sold at three million and five hundred thousand (N3.5 million).

“The said Aminu Hamza informed his friends of this lucrative offer, they picked interest and gathered the sum of seven million Naira (Seven Million Naira) which they transferred to Ibrahim El-Maki’s account. Subsequently, the suspect, Ibrahim Lawal ElMaki sent copies of the appointment letters to him through WhatsApp which were later discovered to be fake.

“In the course of investigation, Ibrahim Lawal Elmaki was traced and arrested. He also confessed to have collected the said money but gave it to one Hajarat Iyeh Egbunu in good faith with intent of assisting his friends to get ECOWAS juicy appointments.
Elmaki cooperated and assisted the police in their investigation which led to the arrest of the principal suspect Hajarat Iye Egbunu, who confessed to have received the sum of thirty-four million, eight hundred thousand naira (N34 million and eight hundred thousand) from Ibrahim Lawal Elmaki through her bank accounts. But Elmaki stated that she collected the sum of forty-seven million, three hundred and fifty thousand (N47 million) from him.

“It may interest you to know that other unsuspecting members of the public defrauded by the suspect through the same modus operandi by Hajarat Iye Egbunu are still trooping to the Command Headquarters to lodge their complaints. Investigation is ongoing.”

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/10/07/job-scam-woman-arrested-for-selling-fake-ecowas-employment-worth-over-n47m/

IGBO Amaka.
They took their business to the North.

Re: Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m by vicfajeze: 8:02pm On Oct 07, 2021
I know the madam well well,na Ebira she be from Agamunana
Re: Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m by sisisioge: 8:25pm On Oct 07, 2021
Born again decent looking woman grin
Re: Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m by Calitoscassius(m): 8:30pm On Oct 07, 2021
DKM123:

Abeg make we hear word. It's you that is living under a rock not to know that corruption is rife in Nigeria and that jobs are actually sold to QUALIFIED candidates. Sometimes even over qualified job seekers pay for jobs where they are under employed
I hear you, fortunately i am not Nigerian (my father is though) and i don't live in nigeria perhaps that is why these kinda practice or mindset is alien to me, cheesy if you call my lack of knowledge about think kinda practise living under the rocks i agree, i am glad i live under the rocks far away from people like you. In all my entire life i have never come across anyone who would pay to obtain employment that person as i ve said is a useless being.. i know a lot of nigerian doctors and they are qualified doctors i wonder why they didn't choose these options. undecided

I am guessing every employment position in nigeria are occupied by people who aren't qualified to be on the job, i wonder the kinda society would accept these kinda way of running their affairs. grin

There are no such thing as over qualified. grin then again i wouldn't be surprised if you believe there are. Coming from someone who thinks it is okay to buy jobs or sold jobs.. ISMH

Would you let someone who bought a job in your company carry on working for you if you find out? No need for interviews or trainings i guess. grin
Re: Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m by jamesmor: 9:04pm On Oct 07, 2021
[quote author=endsarrrs post=106524945]Greed! Greed!! Greed!!!

BTW we know they will deny the suspect as serving Staff of Nigeria Immigration Service, just like the Police, Army and other security agencies.

Fine woman sha

Thunder fire fine woman!!!!, u can image d pain/agony they've caused their victims.
Re: Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m by jamesmor: 9:10pm On Oct 07, 2021
[quote author=SlyIg post=106530599]Na person mama be this o.

May God help the unemployed.[/quote
Infact,thunder fire d person mama join
Re: Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m by osazsky(m): 10:02pm On Oct 07, 2021
Cpumping:
But does ECOWAS really that much?
nerver..funny enough blacks dont do research..so u will pay someone 3.5m naira for a salary job.where una for they see this money to invest..pls house I want to open a solar watsapp group pls if u have money to invest call me.i have the idea but no finance minimum investment is also 3.5m.
As u introduce others to the group dont worry u will be growing in the group.u will get additional 50 thousand for every 3.5 m members u bring..pls I need plenty people that have 3.5 to invest .its one of the largest agro solar company in the world..those who take risk make it in life..if u are not a risk taker u will remain poor in life.pls contact me for more info
Re: Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m by DKM123: 5:30am On Oct 08, 2021
Calitoscassius:
I hear you, fortunately i am not Nigerian (my father is though) and i don't live in nigeria perhaps that is why these kinda practice or mindset is alien to me, cheesy if you call my lack of knowledge about think kinda practise living under the rocks i agree, i am glad i live under the rocks far away from people like you. In all my entire life i have never come across anyone who would pay to obtain employment that person as i ve said is a useless being.. i know a lot of nigerian doctors and they are qualified doctors i wonder why they didn't choose these options. undecided

I am guessing every employment position in nigeria are occupied by people who aren't qualified to be on the job, i wonder the kinda society would accept these kinda way of running their affairs. grin

There are no such thing as over qualified. grin then again i wouldn't be surprised if you believe there are. Coming from someone who thinks it is okay to buy jobs or sold jobs.. ISMH

Would you let someone who bought a job in your company carry on working for you if you find out? No need for interviews or trainings i guess. grin

See this one. Talmbout your father is a Nigerian but you are not a Nigerian.

Ogbeni, shuttup dia, little miss goody two shoes. We know your overly sanctimonious kinds. Ever judgemental because you ARE LUCKY to have it easy for you so you come talking down your bul....lcrap on others. You haven't walked in their shoes so you feel say na you holy pass. People like you irritate me to no end.

Oga, there are positions that people have been FORCED to take in Nigeria even when they are OVER QUALIFIED for it but you and your overfed spoonfed a.s.s. wouldn't know that. There are Masters degree holders who are doing the job specifications and receiving the salary of an SSCE holder in many establishments because Nigeria happened to them. You must be d...u..MB not to know this cos even 10yr olds in Nigeria know this.

You open your mouth to mention doctors, aren't there doctors in the abroad who are cab drivers? Nigeria happened to them too cos I doubt any US trained doctor will be driving danfo buses in Nigeria. Some Doctors PAY to for connections to do even housemanships in Federal hospitals so doctors aren't left out. Corruption is what it is. No one likes corruption but it's happening..

A graduate who has hustled for 10years without getting a job in Nigeria and he now agrees to pay to get a job is not a useless being as your insensitive a..s .s chooses to describe them. They are just DESPERATE. Ofcourse if they had the CHOICE they would rather not pay but Nigeria happened to them. No one will say it is BETTER to pay for a job but when situation becomes critical, they do what they have to do to survive.

Stop being be an insensitive a...s..s. by calling them useless.
Re: Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m by Oviebright: 5:43am On Oct 08, 2021
Angelfrost:
Trust a Nigerian at your own risk...

We need to have a word with ourselves. Something is seriously and deeply wrong with the average Nigerian!

It's not just that the economy is bad... There are nations with worse economies but far better citizens.
Asin Nigerians like to exploit people. Especially when they sight that you’re desperate. That’s the average Nigerian mentality. Devilish opportunists. See we’re the cause of our own problems we should stop blaming government. The average Nigerian is wicked and greedy.
Re: Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m by respect80(m): 8:23am On Oct 08, 2021
DKM123:

See this one. Talmbout your father is a Nigerian but you are not a Nigerian.

Ogbeni, shuttup dia, little miss goody two shoes. We know your overly sanctimonious kinds. Ever judgemental because you ARE LUCKY to have it easy for you so you come talking down your bul....lcrap on others. You haven't walked in their shoes so you feel say na you holy pass. People like you irritate me to no end.

Oga, there are positions that people have been FORCED to take in Nigeria even when they are OVER QUALIFIED for it but you and your overfed spoonfed a.s.s. wouldn't know that. There are Masters degree holders who are doing the job specifications and receiving the salary of an SSCE holder in many establishments because Nigeria happened to them. You must be d...u..MB not to know this cos even 10yr olds in Nigeria know this.

You open your mouth to mention doctors, aren't there doctors in the abroad who are cab drivers? Nigeria happened to them too cos I doubt any US trained doctor will be driving danfo buses in Nigeria. Some Doctors PAY to for connections to do even housemanships in Federal hospitals so doctors aren't left out. Corruption is what it is. No one likes corruption but it's happening..

A graduate who has hustled for 10years without getting a job in Nigeria and he now agrees to pay to get a job is not a useless being as your insensitive a..s .s chooses to describe them. They are just DESPERATE. Ofcourse if they had the CHOICE they would rather not pay but Nigeria happened to them. No one will say it is BETTER to pay for a job but when situation becomes critical, they do what they have to do to survive.

Stop being be an insensitive a...s..s. by calling them useless.

Why wasting your precious time to educate such a shallow thinking being who thinks it's OK to rub it on people's face simply because he finds it easy where he is??
Allow him to wallow in his ignorance abeg.
Las las him type na 9ja dem d later end.

1 Like

Re: Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m by cardoctor(m): 9:31am On Oct 08, 2021
Greed, the root of all corruption.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job / Just Got A Job.. Praise God / Npower: October And November Stipend Will Be Paid Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.