Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,941 members, 7,821,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Anambra Election: INEC Publishes The Electronic Copy Of The Voters Register - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Election: INEC Publishes The Electronic Copy Of The Voters Register (11485 Views)

2023: Lawan Out, Shekarau, Akpabio In As INEC Publishes Final List Of NASS Candi / INEC Displays Voters’ Register In Lagos / INEC Demonstrated The Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) In Abuja Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Election: INEC Publishes The Electronic Copy Of The Voters Register by jaxxy(m): 9:26pm On Oct 07, 2021
Calitoscassius:
That is it! The sad truth!

It doesn't matter what kinda technology they use for the elections or who wins, it would still be looting as ussual. Nigerian politicians have no conscience.

Doesn’t mean elections should hold or leaders should get properly elected.

Credible elections is one thing and credible governance is another thing on its own which has different constitutional ways of addressing it. Doesn’t mean who should ignore or look down on ensuring credible elections.

Every issue has its solution constitutionally. It’s only a matter of the people being courageous enough to demand and address them. It takes time based on awareness, conviction and will..

Joysticks:
I hate Nigeria election.Inec is just wasting money on frivolity.Still the politicians who get into political office start embezzling funds that are allocated to them to provide basic amenities for the electorates.
Re: Anambra Election: INEC Publishes The Electronic Copy Of The Voters Register by Calitoscassius(m): 10:09pm On Oct 07, 2021
jaxxy:

Doesn’t mean elections should hold or leaders should get properly elected.

Credible elections is one thing and credible governance is another thing on its own which has different constitutional ways of addressing it. Doesn’t mean who should ignore or look down on ensuring credible elections.

Every issue has its solution constitutionally. It’s only a matter of the people being courageous enough to demand and address them. It takes time based on awareness, conviction and will..

If after conducting a credible elections and the credible winners continue with what their predecessors did as in bad governance and corruption. There would be no point conducting a credible election or elections. It wouldn't make any sense also. Credible elections should produce credible winners and good governance free of corruptions. I wouldn't say awareness co's the whole country can attest to the worst conditions of the country at the moment and i believe they know the solutions to the problems, convictions maybe and definitely will, the people are not willing to change, or are not willing to demand for changes.

For change to take place the masses mentality must change too, the culture of bribery must be elimiminated entirely from the bottom to the top. If the people at the bottom change the people at the top would have no choice but to change too. As you have already said rightly there are no wills
Re: Anambra Election: INEC Publishes The Electronic Copy Of The Voters Register by jaxxy(m): 10:20pm On Oct 07, 2021
Calitoscassius:
If the after conducting a credible elections and the credible winners continue with what the predecessors did as in bad governance and corruption. There would no point conducting a credible election or elections. It wouldn't make any sense also. Credible elections should produce credible winners and good governance free of corruptions. I wouldn't say awareness co's the whole country can attest to the worst conditions of the country at the moment, convictions maybe and definitely will, the people are not willing to change, or are not willing to damand for changes.

For change to take place the masses mentality must change too, the culture of bribery must be elimiminated entirely from the bottom to the top. If the people at the bottom change the people at the top would have no choice but to change too. As you have already said rightly there are no wills

To go deeper on ur point and add to my initial response. If credible elections should produce credible leaders then maybe we need to get the credible elections 1st (hypothetically speaking). Now For credible elections to produce credible leaders it has to go beyond the conduct of elections itself bt to even to who qualifies to get elected. Then definitely people with crooked and questionable past won’t even be able to run. It’s a SYSTEM thing.

I separated the conduct of elections from governance because as u rightly said credible elections may not result in good leadership if not done indept and from the roots. Hence u have to have a different set of governance systems to check the excess of these strange characters that still make it past the so-called credible elections.

Also mindset of the mass in picking leaders might help bt they can only choose from the options b4 them. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Election: INEC Publishes The Electronic Copy Of The Voters Register by Calitoscassius(m): 11:05pm On Oct 07, 2021
jaxxy:

To go deeper on ur point and add to my initial response. If credible elections should produce credible leaders then maybe we need to get the credible elections 1st (hypothetically speaking). Now For credible elections to produce credible leaders it has to go beyond the conduct of elections itself bt to even to who qualifies to get elected. Then definitely people with crooked and questionable past won’t even be able to run. It’s a SYSTEM thing.

I separated the conduct of elections from governance because as u rightly said credible elections may not result in good leadership if not done indept and from the roots. Hence u have to for a different set of governance systems to check the excess of these strange characters that still make it past the so-called credible elections.

Also mindset of the mass in picking leaders might help bt they can only choose from the options b4 them. undecided
I agree totally, I think it would be a total over hauling of the whole system not just elections and the people's mentalities of always choosing bad candidates changed fundermentally. The idea of choosing candidates because of their ethnics, regions, tribes or religious believes should be eliminated completely. however these positive changes will never ever take place in nigeria. Atleast not in this and next two generations to come, every nigerian is aware of the present condition of their country and fhey know what to do about or to change it but again they are not willing.

I have a friend, a young guy who ran for just in local government level, his policies were very good, i even contributed in supporting his campaign financially, i remember all the people we spoke to during his campaign asking him questions like, is he going to share money? How much does he have to share amongst them? Is he rich? Or what can he offer them in exchange for their votes, both young and old folks were asking this questions, none of them wanted to know about his policies or how he was going to change things for the better. All they were interested in was what he can give them before they vote for him. grin that mentality is why the same crooks ends up in government every time. Anyway, my guy lost the election to an older wealthy guy who shared money to voters.

I have another friend who campaigned, ran for elections and won because of his popularity, but guess what? He sold the seat for millions of naira to a wealthier guy who didn't even qualify, ran or even held any campaigns and made profit. grin imagine the corruptions.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: INEC Publishes The Electronic Copy Of The Voters Register by BluntCrazeMan: 10:21am On Oct 08, 2021
Calitoscassius:
I agree totally, I think it would be a total over hauling of the whole system not just elections and the people's mentalities of always choosing bad candidates changed fundermentally. The idea of choosing candidates because of their ethnics, regions, tribes or religious believes should be eliminated completely. however these positive changes will never ever take place in nigeria. Atleast not in this and next two generations to come, every nigerian is aware of the present condition of their country and fhey know what to do about or to change it but again they are not willing.

I have a friend, a young guy who ran for just in local government level, his policies were very good, i even contributed in supporting his campaign financially, i remmber all the people we spoke to during his campaign asking him questions like, is he going to share money? How much does he have to share amongst them? Is he rich? Or what can he offer them in exchange for their votes, both young and old folks were asking this questions, none of them wanted to know about his policies or how he was going to change things for the better. All they were interested in was what he can give them before they vote for him. grin that mentality is why the same crooks ends up in government every time. Anyway, my guy lost the election to an older wealthy guy who shared money to voters.

I have another friend who campaigned, ran for elections and won because of his popularity, but guess what? He sold the seat for millions of naira to another wealthy guy who didn't even qualify, ran or even held any campaigns and made profit. grin imagine the corruptions.
That your guy that failed, he took his campaign to the wrong people
Re: Anambra Election: INEC Publishes The Electronic Copy Of The Voters Register by BluntCrazeMan: 10:25am On Oct 08, 2021
Calitoscassius, jaxxy, Joysticks..
I am going to open a new thread where we will fully discuss the importance of free and fair elections in the maintenance of good government in a state, or in a country.
Re: Anambra Election: INEC Publishes The Electronic Copy Of The Voters Register by Calitoscassius(m): 6:20pm On Oct 08, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
That your guy that failed, he took his campaign to the wrong people
He took his campaigns to the masses, no such thing as the wrong people, i mean, where could he have taken his campaign? What is the percentage of the right people? If they even exist.
Re: Anambra Election: INEC Publishes The Electronic Copy Of The Voters Register by BluntCrazeMan: 8:03pm On Oct 08, 2021
Calitoscassius:
He took his campaigns to the masses, no such thing as the wrong people, i mean, where could he have taken his campaign? What is the percentage of the right people? If they even exist.
The “Masses” were demanding for money in return for voting??
Then they are the wrong people.
Re: Anambra Election: INEC Publishes The Electronic Copy Of The Voters Register by Calitoscassius(m): 10:22pm On Oct 08, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
The “Masses” were demanding for money in return for voting??
Then they are the wrong people.
Yes, they are the masses and they are the only masses, there are no other masses. cheesy

Well, i would like to know who are the right masses or the right people? Would you please tell me? and i ask again, what would be the %tage of the "right" people? I guarantee you 80% of nigerian voters would like to receive or demand something from politicans before voting for the3m, we see it happen during very election time. Old women, youths, old men everyone almost queueing to receive few cups of rice, onions, packs of cheap noodles, with politicians pictures printed on these paltry gifts and meagre cash gifts. I don't know why you keep ignoring these facts.

Again, i ask, who are the right people? even the youths are the ones fighting amongst themselves unbehalf of crooked politicians and aplauding these thieving politicians.
Re: Anambra Election: INEC Publishes The Electronic Copy Of The Voters Register by BluntCrazeMan: 5:17am On Oct 09, 2021
Calitoscassius:
Yes, they are the masses and they are the only masses, there are no other masses. cheesy

Well, i would like to know who are the right masses or the right people? Would you please tell me? and i ask again, what would be the %tage of the "right" people? I guarantee you 80% of nigerian voters would like to receive or demand something from politicans before voting for the3m, we see it happen during very election time. Old women, youths, old men everyone almost queueing to receive few cups of rice, onions, packs of cheap noodles, with politicians pictures printed on these paltry gifts and meagre cash gifts. I don't know why you keep ignoring these facts.

Again, i ask, who are the right people? even the youths are the ones fighting amongst themselves unbehalf of crooked politicians and aplauding these thieving politicians.

Then, they are all the wrong people.
They are part of the problems which they got themselves into.
Re: Anambra Election: INEC Publishes The Electronic Copy Of The Voters Register by Calitoscassius(m): 11:58am On Oct 09, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Then, they are all the wrong people.
They are part of the problems which they got themselves into.
So i take it, there are no right people, almost every body is the wrong people. Where does that leave the country? the country is left with the same masses, the same politicians and the same political system and the same corrupt type of government.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election: INEC Publishes The Electronic Copy Of The Voters Register by BluntCrazeMan: 2:56pm On Oct 09, 2021
Calitoscassius:
So i take it, there are no right people, almost every body is the wrong people. Where does that leave the country? the country is left with the same masses, the same politicians and the same political system and the same corrupt type of government.
Now you've gotten the drift.
The System itself is not in order, and it had given rise to a lot of people who do not trust the system any longer.
They now care for themselves alone.
In order to get things right, you forget the people first of all, and put the system in order.
Then, the new system would begin to fail all those people who used to gain from the earlier faulty system.
A lot of people will now learn to trust this new system, and that also be the time when you would get a reasonable number of “right people” among the masses.
Re: Anambra Election: INEC Publishes The Electronic Copy Of The Voters Register by Calitoscassius(m): 3:19pm On Oct 09, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Now you've gotten the drift.
The System itself is not in order, and it had given rise to a lot of people who do not trust the system any longer.
They now care for themselves alone.
In order to get things right, you forget the people first of all, and put the system in order.
Then, the new system would begin to fail all those people who used to gain from the earlier faulty system.
A lot of people will now learn to trust this new system, and that also be the time when you would get a reasonable number of “right people” among the masses.
Sounds reasonably sensible, smiley but i doubt if that would work, i would start with the people first not the system. Because the people might sabotage the system that i am trying to change, co's to change the system you still need the people and if the people are not willing or still have the same corrupt mindset the changes would not take place.
Re: Anambra Election: INEC Publishes The Electronic Copy Of The Voters Register by BluntCrazeMan: 2:01am On Oct 10, 2021
Calitoscassius:
Sounds reasonably sensible, smiley but i doubt if that would work, i would start with the people first not the system. Because the people might sabotage the system that i am trying to change, co's to change the system you still need the people and if the people are not willing or still have the same corrupt mindset the changes would not take place.
Let me demonstrate to you that the Nigerian System is a total failure.
Can you tell me of any Government Firm or Institution that has some properly-functional, fully-automated, and totally-independent checks-and-balances apparatus that are put in place to strictly serve as a control to the activities of the firm or institution.??
If there are such firm or institution in existence, just name them, and also name the control apparatus.
If there are none, then would you say that such a country has “A System”??
Re: Anambra Election: INEC Publishes The Electronic Copy Of The Voters Register by Calitoscassius(m): 1:47pm On Oct 10, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Let me demonstrate to you that the Nigerian System is a total failure.
Can you tell me of any Government Firm or Institution that has some properly-functional, fully-automated, and totally-independent checks-and-balances apparatus that are put in place to strictly serve as a control to the activities of the firm or institution.??
If there are such firm or institution in existence, just name them, and also name the control apparatus.
If there are none, then would you say that such a country has “A System”??

I see what you mean, cheesy Nigeria has no system, the nigerian government are completely clueless. I think they make things up as they go along. I remember watching in the news where a man was been probed for looting 2bn naira, he pretended to colapse on live TV during the probe. Till this moment i never heard anything else about the man, the probe and the 2bn naira. Apparently the man is still driving around in expensive SUVs and spending his loots and no one is querring him.

I remember nigerian politician IBORi who was jailed in England for fraud, money laundering and looting nigerian funds. Apparently when he was deported back to nigeria his people gave him a red carpet wellcome and now he is back into politics again in his region. grin

These crooks made the system so (if there is even any) redudant to favour themselves. No accountabilities, no nothing!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Election: INEC Publishes The Electronic Copy Of The Voters Register by BluntCrazeMan: 5:15pm On Oct 10, 2021
Calitoscassius:

I see what you mean, cheesy Nigeria has no system, the nigerian government are completely clueless. I think they make things up as they go along. I remember watching in the news where a man was been probed for looting 2bn naira, he pretended to colapse on live TV during the probe. Till this moment i never heard anything else about the man, the probe and the 2bn naira. Apparently the man is still driving around in expensive SUVs and spending his loots and no one is querring him.

I remember nigerian politician IBORi who was jailed in England for fraud, money laundering and looting nigerian funds. Apparently when he was deported back to nigeria his people gave him a red carpet wellcome and now he is back into politics again in his region. grin

These crooks made the system so (if there is even any) redudant to favour themselves. No accountabilities, no nothing!
Now you have fully grabbed what the real issue with Nigeria is.
Now, a lot of people (who made up the masses) are aware of this redundant system.
They already know by default that any promising politician is just promising nonsense, because the redundant system cannot let him do anything, even if he wished.
(When I heard about the “Change” at first, I thought that they would target the faulty system. But they came in and left the whole mess in the system unattended to, and started doing selective witch-hunting.. Not even that they did a uniform cleansing all over, but rather they were doing some sort of selective witch-hunting.. The faulty system is still there and be churning out more faulty citizens in their great numbers)
Re: Anambra Election: INEC Publishes The Electronic Copy Of The Voters Register by Calitoscassius(m): 10:09pm On Oct 10, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Now you have fully grabbed what the real issue with Nigeria is.
Now, a lot of people (who made up the masses) are aware of this redundant system.
They already know by default that any promising politician is just promising nonsense, because the redundant system cannot let him do anything, even if he wished.
(When I heard about the “Change” at first, I thought that they would target the faulty system. But they came in and left the whole mess in the system unattended to, and started doing selective witch-hunting.. Not even that they did a uniform cleansing all over, but rather they were doing some sort of selective witch-hunting.. The faulty system is still there and be churning out more faulty citizens in their great numbers)
I agree with you totally!

It is indeed a no way back situation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osun Governorship: Supreme Court Will Still Favour Me – Adeleke / . / Boko Haram Kill 29 Villagers. Burn 200 Homes In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.