Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,223 members, 7,825,849 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law, Says Ex Gov Obi - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law, Says Ex Gov Obi (246 Views)

Terrorists Planning To Rule Nigeria, Says Ex-defense Minister, Dambazau / Ex Gov Obi Gifts Anambra School With Computers Sets, Generator / Kanu: Malami Acting Like ‘unlearned’ Fellow, Says Ex-niia DG Akinterinwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law, Says Ex Gov Obi by Prisschi: 5:41pm On Oct 07, 2021
Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law, Says Ex Gov Obi

Former Anambra State Governor and Peoples Democratic Party Vice Presidential Candidate in 2019 election, Mr Peter Obi, has reacted to a media report that he breached Nigerian laws by engaging in secret businesses set up in tax havens, declaring that he broke no law.

An online publication, Premium Times, quoting Pandora Papers, had listed Mr. Obi as one of those personalities who clandestinely set up and operated businesses overseas, including in notorious tax and secrecy havens in ways that breached Nigerian laws.

The Pandora Papers is a leak of about 12 million documents that revealed hidden wealth and tax avoidance by some of the world’s rich and powerful.

But reacting to this Thursday, Mr. Obi said it was exhilarating that nowhere in the article was he accused of any form of corruption, whether in the form of diversion of public funds or in any other manner during and after his stewardship as the governor of Anambra State...read more

http://newsmonitor.com.ng/pandora-papers-i-broke-no-law-says-ex-gov-obi/

Re: Pandora Papers: I Broke No Law, Says Ex Gov Obi by expertman(m): 6:21pm On Oct 07, 2021
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Here Is What Happened Between 2face And Brymo / What's Wrong With This Dress Sense? / Data Science Courses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.