Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,117 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Best Toothache Treatment - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Best Toothache Treatment (749 Views)

5 Home Remedies For Toothache / Serious Toothache Made Me Took 15 tablets of Panadol Extra Within 24hours / Natural Remedies for Toothache (2) (3) (4)

Best Toothache Treatment by kowasco(m): 6:00pm On Oct 07, 2021
Please nairalanders
I removed my teeth today and I was told to use warm water and salt on it
But I forgot to ask if I can use it on my teeth today
I want to start tomorrow but I'm really feeling pains right now
I was given some drugs though I have used it
I will have to use it again in the night
But this pains is too much
Re: Best Toothache Treatment by iamjack0812(m): 6:23pm On Oct 07, 2021
I understand the drama
Went thru same drama some years back, I got mine extracted at Luth and was told to use warm water and salt.
Don't spit anything out from your mouth,I mean you have to swallow anything including the blood along with the saliva.
Add salt to the warm water and put it inside inside your mouth don't swallow it oo just bend your head to the extracted spot and let it warm the gum immediately you feel that too much of hotness just spit it out and wait for some minutes then repeat it again like twice in the morning and twice in the evening.
I did mine like that for 3days it wasn't funny at all to eat sef was war then coz my food then was anything liquid or soft coz I was very careful so that anything I intend swallowing won't go to the wounded gum side lol
But after all this no more pains or crying in the night or swollen jaw.
And use the pain drugs too
Good luck to your new journey of freedom from toothache

Re: Best Toothache Treatment by kowasco(m): 7:54pm On Oct 07, 2021
iamjack0812:
I understand the drama
Went thru same drama some years back, I got mine extracted at Luth and was told to use warm water and salt.
Don't spit anything out from your mouth,I mean you have to swallow anything including the blood along with the saliva.
Add salt to the warm water and put it inside inside your mouth don't swallow it oo just bend your head to the extracted spot and let it warm the gum immediately you feel that too much of hotness just spit it out and wait for some minutes then repeat it again like twice in the morning and twice in the evening.
I did mine like that for 3days it wasn't funny at all to eat sef was war then coz my food then was anything liquid or soft coz I was very careful so that anything I intend swallowing won't go to the wounded gum side lol
But after all this no more pains or crying in the night or swollen jaw.
And use the pain drugs too
Good luck to your new journey of freedom from toothache
thanks bro I will start using warm water and salt tomorrow. must the water be very hot
How hot must the water be
And then you said I should not spit out I have spit out today oo but not much
So I must not spit till the wound will heal or only today
Re: Best Toothache Treatment by iamjack0812(m): 8:48pm On Oct 07, 2021
Not too hot like eba water na just moderately warm since it's for your mouth use
You ought to be told that you shouldn't spit anything out, you swallow anything within your mouth coz the hole is much opened and is very fresh and opening it while spitting can welcome dust or anything and may cause another thing.
My time then I swallowed anything along with the blood thick clot or whenever
I went to toilet sef my poo was so reddish sef coz of the blood I swallowed.
kowasco:
thanks bro I will start using warm water and salt tomorrow. must the water be very hot
How hot must the water be
And then you said I should not spit out I have spit out today oo but not much
So I must not spit till the wound will heal or only today
Re: Best Toothache Treatment by Sewasaunt(f): 9:39pm On Oct 07, 2021
Post tooth extraction instructions

1. No spitting out and don't use a straw, it can cause negative pressure which will make the site bleed more.

2. Please your drugs promptly, you can add paracetamol to the painkiller you were given(I am assuming you were given Ibuprofen or diclofenac)

3. You can always go back to your dentist tomorrow if the pain doesn't subside.

4. Please start warm saline mouth bathe tomorrow (24 hours after the extraction was done)

Boil water (preferably in a flask since you have to do it many times daily), now take a small cup, pour hot water into it, add a teaspoon of salt, mix it and please let the water cool down a bit (it should not be too hot or too cool.

Now take a sip and make sure it gets to the extraction site, you can bend your head if it is an upper tooth.

You are not gargling, just hold the water there and spit it out when it is cold. If you gargle or shake your head too much, you may shake the blood clot in the socket out and cause bleeding

Each cup should have about 5-6 big sips, but each cup is only once and you are to do it at least six times daily, so that will be at least 6 cups daily.

Before and after meals, before bed and any other time you can do it.

Warm water and salt really helps to ease pain and promote healing and is very very very important after any tooth extraction.

Best wishes

Re: Best Toothache Treatment by kowasco(m): 9:49pm On Oct 07, 2021
iamjack0812:
Not too hot like eba water na just moderately warm since it's for your mouth use
You ought to be told that you shouldn't spit anything out, you swallow anything within your mouth coz the hole is much opened and is very fresh and opening it while spitting can welcome dust or anything and may cause another thing.
My time then I swallowed anything along with the blood thick clot or whenever
I went to toilet sef my poo was so reddish sef coz of the blood I swallowed.
How long will I continue to swallow the spit
Like 3 days right
Re: Best Toothache Treatment by kowasco(m): 9:52pm On Oct 07, 2021
Sewasaunt:

1. No spitting out and don't use a straw, it can cause negative pressure which will make the site bleed more.

2. Please your drugs promptly, you can add paracetamol to the painkiller you were given(I am assuming you were given Ibuprofen or diclofenac)

4. Please start warm saline mouth bathe tomorrow (24 hours after the extraction was done)

Boil water (preferably in a flask since you have to do it many times daily), now take a small cup, pour hot water into it, add a teaspoon of salt, mix it and please let the water cool down a bit (it should not be too hot or too cool.

Now take a sip and make sure it gets to the extraction site, you can bend your head if it is an upper tooth.

You are not gargling, just hold the water there and spit it out when it is cold. If you gargle or shake your head too much, you may shake the blood clot in the socket out and cause bleeding

Each cup should have about 5-6 big sips, but each cup is only once and you are to do it at least six times daily, so that will be at least 6 cups daily.

Warm water and salt really helps to ease pain and promote healing and is very very very important after any tooth extraction.

Best wishes
Thanks I really appreciate it
How long will I continue to swallow spit
I have spit out today I was told not too
But I forgot
How long will I continue to swallow
spit
Re: Best Toothache Treatment by kowasco(m): 9:53pm On Oct 07, 2021
kowasco:

Thanks I really appreciate it
How long will I continue to swallow spit
I have spit out today I was told not too
But I forgot
How long will I continue not to spit out
Re: Best Toothache Treatment by iamjack0812(m): 7:48am On Oct 08, 2021
I swallowed anything like four days o including the day I got it extracted
Just follow the post extraction process above you coz it's 98% of what I did too, after seven days believe me you will realize freedom infact I did felt that freedom from my first three days
Best wishes.
Re: Best Toothache Treatment by kowasco(m): 11:31am On Oct 08, 2021
[quote author=iamjack0812 post=106547971]I swallowed anything like four days o including the day I got it extracted
Just follow the post extraction process above you coz it's 98% of what I did too, after seven days believe me you will realize freedom infact I did felt that freedom from my first three days
Best wishes.[/quote
Ok bro thanks
My last question is can I use brush on it
Because my mouth is smelling
Re: Best Toothache Treatment by kowasco(m): 11:32am On Oct 08, 2021
Sewasaunt:

Best wishes

Re: Best Toothache Treatment by iamjack0812(m): 4:40pm On Oct 08, 2021
My last quoting is this
Since u removed it yesterday leave it smelling for the next two days then after the third day you can use a very soft brush coz of the blood clotted gum and don't gaggle too much so it won't afftected the blood clotted area and be doing the warm water and salt thing coz it's the best method for the post extraction process
kowasco:

Re: Best Toothache Treatment by Sewasaunt(f): 6:15pm On Oct 08, 2021
Yes please, you can brush your teeth but avoid the extraction site.

That's also an advantage of the warm water and salt especially after eating, it helps to clean the mouth.

I hope the pain is gone now?
Re: Best Toothache Treatment by kowasco(m): 6:23pm On Oct 08, 2021
Sewasaunt:

That's also an advantage of the warm water and salt especially after eating, it helps to clean the mouth.

yes I
It's gone
Re: Best Toothache Treatment by kowasco(m): 11:51am On Oct 14, 2021
Sewasaunt:

Yes it's but the only problem now is
When I use hot water on it
I feel a lot of pains
And today makes it a week already
Is that how I will continue to feel pain when I use warm water on it
Re: Best Toothache Treatment by kowasco(m): 11:51am On Oct 14, 2021
iamjack0812:
My last quoting is this
Since u removed it yesterday leave it smelling for the next two days then after the third day you can use a very soft brush coz of the blood clotted gum and don't gaggle too much so it won't afftected the blood clotted area and be doing the warm water and salt thing coz it's the best method for the post extraction process
the only problem now is
I feel a lot of pains
Re: Best Toothache Treatment by iamjack0812(m): 4:03pm On Oct 14, 2021
You still feeling pains after a week is beyond my understanding I will advice you go back to where you got it extracted and complain to them
kowasco:

the only problem now is
I feel a lot of pains
Re: Best Toothache Treatment by kowasco(m): 5:34pm On Oct 14, 2021
iamjack0812:
You still feeling pains after a week is beyond my understanding I will advice you go back to where you got it extracted and complain to them
Ok I feel pain only when I use warm water on it
Only for like 20 minutes
Re: Best Toothache Treatment by iamjack0812(m): 8:37pm On Oct 14, 2021
WhatsApp me for fast response
kowasco:

Ok I feel pain only when I use warm water on it
Only for like 20 minutes
Re: Best Toothache Treatment by Sewasaunt(f): 11:19am On Oct 15, 2021
kowasco:

Yes it's but the only problem now is
I feel a lot of pains

Please are you using hot water or warm water?
Is the salt too much?

The ideal thing is that you should use warm water and a tea spoon of salt.

Since the pain is only on using warm water and salt, I am guessing you are almost healed.

You can go back to your dentist, if you are sufficiently healed you can reduce the number of times you do the warm saline mouth bathe or stop it.
Re: Best Toothache Treatment by tziz(m): 10:09am On Nov 07, 2021
Sewasaunt:

Please are you using hot water or warm water?
Is the salt too much?

The ideal thing is that you should use warm water and a tea spoon of salt.

Since the pain is only on using warm water and salt, I am guessing you are almost healed.

You can go back to your dentist, if you are sufficiently healed you can reduce the number of times you do the warm saline mouth bathe or stop it.

Wow! I'am thinking of seeing a dentist too because I started having tooth ache about 4 days ago. Funny thing is, it only starts aching from 2.30am in the morning and stops by 7am. Wicked thing is just bent on depriving me of sleep. I do gaggle with salt+warm water solution and it relieves the aching for som hours so I can sleep. Main issue now is I'am just scared of this whole tooth-removing, refilling process. I heard the pains from the process is mad! Someone suggested I buy a medication called "Touch & Go", I dnt knw how good that is. The ache isn't as bad as people explain yet though, I don't have a swollen jaw, nor headaches or anything...
Re: Best Toothache Treatment by frozen70(f): 5:45pm On Nov 07, 2021
kowasco:
Please nairalanders
I removed my teeth today and I was told to use warm water and salt on it
But I forgot to ask if I can use it on my teeth today
I want to start tomorrow but I'm really feeling pains right now
I was given some drugs though I have used it
I will have to use it again in the night
But this pains is too much

Use warm water and salt steady, especially when you eat, use it and wash your mouth then spit it out

Do so for at least one week or two
Re: Best Toothache Treatment by Sewasaunt(f): 10:37am On Nov 12, 2021
tziz:

Wow! I'am thinking of seeing a dentist too because I started having tooth ache about 4 days ago. Funny thing is, it only starts aching from 2.30am in the morning and stops by 7am. Wicked thing is just bent on depriving me of sleep. I do gaggle with salt+warm water solution and it relieves the aching for som hours so I can sleep. Main issue now is I'am just scared of this whole tooth-removing, refilling process. I heard the pains from the process is mad! Someone suggested I buy a medication called "Touch & Go", I dnt knw how good that is. The ache isn't as bad as people explain yet though, I don't have a swollen jaw, nor headaches or anything...

Teeth extractions are generally safe and painless.

Wasting time and trying all sorts will just keep you in pain and do more harm.

You can read more online and watch videos, just choose a good clinic and maintain a good oral hygiene once you sort the painful tooth.

Touch and go causes chemical burns in many people and doesn't take the pain away permanently.

The tooth may still have a chance of being saved instead of being extracted sef, but Nigerians ehn, we really are special.

How To Control The Way That You Eat / Major Causes Of Rapid Fat / Microbiology

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75