Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,508 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

BREAKING: Dr Osahon Enabulele Emerges First Nigerian To Be Elected World Medical - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Dr Osahon Enabulele Emerges First Nigerian To Be Elected World Medical (760 Views)

Atiku: I Am Honoured To Be Elected PDP Presidential Candidate / Primary: Obaseki To Be Elected Unopposed As Imasuagbon Steps Down / NASS Leadership: Why Lawan And Gbajabiamila Should Not Be Elected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Dr Osahon Enabulele Emerges First Nigerian To Be Elected World Medical by TheRareGem1(f): 7:17pm On Oct 07, 2021
Former President, Nigerian Medical Association (NMA), Dr Osahon Enabulele has emerged as the president-elect of the World Medical Association (WMA), becoming the first Nigerian and African to achieve the feat.

Enabulele who is a practising Chief Consultant Family Physician is also the President of the Commonwealth Medical Association.

His emergence followed an almost one week period of voting by participating National Medical Associations all over the world.

His victory is a testimony to his global acceptability and recognition of his many years of hard work within the WMA, his profound intellect, sagacity and excellent performance in all responsibilities assigned to him, and his undeniable progressive contributions to the global body.

Dr. Enabulele’s beat Prof. Dr. Muhammad Ashraf Nizami, a professor of Orthopedic Surgery and the President of the Pakistan Medical Association to emerge president-elect.

After over 14 years of his engagement at the global level, Dr. Osahon Enabulele (M.B.B.S, MHPM, FWACP, FNMA) has put Nigeria on the global stage as he is the first person to be President of both Commonwealth Medical Association and World Medical Association.

Foremost Nigerian doctor, Osahon Enabulele chairs London Global Cancer week
With this historic development, Dr. Enabulele, has once again attained another milestone by being the first-ever Nigerian and West African physician to be elected President of the World Medical Association since the global body of all physicians in the world was established in the year 1947.

It would be recalled that in the year 2019, Dr. Enabulele became the first Nigerian physician to be elected as President of the Commonwealth Medical Association (CMA) since the CMA was founded in November 1962.

In the same year 2019, Dr. Enabulele also became the first Nigerian physician to become a statutory Council Member of the World Medical Association, as well as the first Nigerian physician to ever chair one of the only three standing committees (Socio-Medical Affairs Committee) of the World Medical Association, following his election as Chair of SMAC in far away Chile in the year 2019. He was subsequently re-elected this year (2021) for a 2nd term as Chair of SMAC.

With an immense pedigree, Dr. Enabulele who is a profound strategic thinker, policy analyst and health activist, has generated several initiatives and made profound contributions to the advancement of the medical profession and healthcare system at local, national and international levels.

He is expected to give his acceptance speech during the London 2021 General Assembly of the World Medical Association billed to hold on Friday, October 15,2021.

Dr. Enabulele will be superintending over the World Medical Association during the 2022 – 2023 executive year.

https://www.chronicle.ng/2021/10/dr-osahon-enabulele-emerges-first-nigerian-to-be-elected-world-medical-association-president/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Dr Osahon Enabulele Emerges First Nigerian To Be Elected World Medical by haffaze777(m): 7:20pm On Oct 07, 2021
Nice one

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Dr Osahon Enabulele Emerges First Nigerian To Be Elected World Medical by Magnoliaa(f): 7:27pm On Oct 07, 2021
Congratulations, Sir. smiley
Re: BREAKING: Dr Osahon Enabulele Emerges First Nigerian To Be Elected World Medical by lilvicky68(m): 7:29pm On Oct 07, 2021
Magnoliaa:
Congratulations, Sir. smiley
Thanks
Re: BREAKING: Dr Osahon Enabulele Emerges First Nigerian To Be Elected World Medical by chatinent: 7:31pm On Oct 07, 2021
The kind of news I want to hear.

Every other news in Nigeria makes me get the most of my exercise by shaking my head in shock.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Dr Osahon Enabulele Emerges First Nigerian To Be Elected World Medical by Magnoliaa(f): 7:36pm On Oct 07, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Dr Osahon Enabulele Emerges First Nigerian To Be Elected World Medical by Tranquill: 7:38pm On Oct 07, 2021
Did they leave the position for people from third world countries since he beat a Pakistani?
Anyway, I know Oyinbo people will not listen to him concerning how to run their medical institutions.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Dr Osahon Enabulele Emerges First Nigerian To Be Elected World Medical by nairavsdollars(f): 7:49pm On Oct 07, 2021
Buhari is working

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Dr Osahon Enabulele Emerges First Nigerian To Be Elected World Medical by Racoon(m): 7:50pm On Oct 07, 2021
Congratulations! This is where merit and academic brilliance counts and not the defective quota system being practiced back home.
Re: BREAKING: Dr Osahon Enabulele Emerges First Nigerian To Be Elected World Medical by murphyibiam15(m): 7:56pm On Oct 07, 2021
Tranquill:
Did they leave the position for people from third world countries since he beat a Pakistani?
Anyway, I know Oyinbo people will not listen to him concerning how to run their medical institutions.
Negative and dark mind. Just say congrats and move on. Inferiority complex no go kill u

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Dr Osahon Enabulele Emerges First Nigerian To Be Elected World Medical by Tranquill: 8:01pm On Oct 07, 2021
murphyibiam15:

Negative and dark mind. Just say congrats and move on. Inferiority complex no go kill u
hahaha just being realistic bro not dark mind.
He didn't study with them, practice medicine with them and you expect they'll listen to him?
Re: BREAKING: Dr Osahon Enabulele Emerges First Nigerian To Be Elected World Medical by murphyibiam15(m): 8:12pm On Oct 07, 2021
Tranquill:

hahaha just being realistic bro not dark mind.
He didn't study with them, practice medicine with them and you expect they'll listen to him?
Its just like saying Ngozi okonjo iweala or Amina for UN won't be listened to because they didn't study with them. If they didn't find them worthy they won't be there. Change your negative thoughts so you don't limit yourself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Dr Osahon Enabulele Emerges First Nigerian To Be Elected World Medical by Tranquill: 8:23pm On Oct 07, 2021
murphyibiam15:

Its just like saying Ngozi okonjo iweala or Amina for UN won't be listened to because they didn't study with them. If they didn't find them worthy they won't be there. Change your negative thoughts so you don't limit yourself

You think Ngozi Okonjo Iweala would be there if she didn't study at MIT and built her career working in western countries and organizations? They trust and know her capability. They know she understands their system. The other woman is more or less representing and is sponsored by Nigeria to that post at the UN.

I have lived, studied and worked with these people the reason I am saying it.
Re: BREAKING: Dr Osahon Enabulele Emerges First Nigerian To Be Elected World Medical by murphyibiam15(m): 8:32pm On Oct 07, 2021
Tranquill:

You think Ngozi Okonjo Iweala would be there if she didn't study at MIT and built her career working in western countries and organizations? They trust and know her capability. They know she understands their system. The other woman is more or less representing and is sponsored by Nigeria to that post at the UN.

I have lived, studied and worked with these people the reason I am saying it.

This Nigerian Dr won't be there too if he wasn't qualified, you reek of inferiority. I pray not to have a friend like you who feels so inferior tufiakwa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Dr Osahon Enabulele Emerges First Nigerian To Be Elected World Medical by Tranquill: 8:42pm On Oct 07, 2021
murphyibiam15:

This Nigerian Dr won't be there too if he wasn't qualified, you reek of inferiority. I pray not to have a friend like you who feels so inferior tufiakwa

I don't feel inferior but just laying out how things work. I also don't keep friends like you who don't keep things real but resort to insult instead of engaging in a decent debate. Your tufiakwa back to you.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Dr Osahon Enabulele Emerges First Nigerian To Be Elected World Medical by leeport: 9:16pm On Oct 07, 2021
Lalastica
Seun
Re: BREAKING: Dr Osahon Enabulele Emerges First Nigerian To Be Elected World Medical by iluvdonjazzy: 9:38pm On Oct 07, 2021
Mheeen this is a great one. EDO NO DEY CARRY LAST. lets celebrate jor.

Re: BREAKING: Dr Osahon Enabulele Emerges First Nigerian To Be Elected World Medical by ThatFairGuy: 9:40pm On Oct 07, 2021
Great feat
Re: BREAKING: Dr Osahon Enabulele Emerges First Nigerian To Be Elected World Medical by Maxymilliano(m): 9:43pm On Oct 07, 2021
Okay ... But where do we go from here ?

(1) (Reply)

Tell Us What You’re Doing Right In Ogun – PDP Chieftain Slams Abiodun / American Wife Pranks Her Igbo Husband / Nigerians React To Muric's Afenifere Is Opposing Tinubu Because He Is A Muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.