Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force (9699 Views)

'Operation Lafiya Dole' Soldiers Drinking Garri / Nigerian Army Removes Major-General Adeniyi As Commander Operation Lafiya Dole / Buratai Appoints New Operation Lafiya Dole Commanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by Minjim: 8:47am On Oct 08, 2021
Mr Femi Adesina,

The Bible doesn't support evil not does it supports corruption.

You are only quoting the Holy Book out of context to support your narration.

Jesus Christ does not preach forcing people to believe in your ideas, rather it's through persuasion and good deeds

3 Likes

Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by themanderon: 8:48am On Oct 08, 2021
What is this one saying? Show me any part of the world where there is peace without justice? The peace they desire is the peace where a section of the country will be enjoying the resources of the country at the expense of others and will not be challenged. The peace they desire is one where those in power will continue to break the law and expect people to obey the same law. The peace they desire is that people should look the other way while those in power brazenly carry out nepotism as a state policy. That is the kind of peace they want. For many years a section of the country has run the nation aground yet they want to continue to run it despite the fact that they have nothing to offer.
I still maintain that there can be no peace without justice and the volcano that has been simmering for years now may soon erupt taking everything with it if the criminals in power don't do something about it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by mariovito(m): 8:49am On Oct 08, 2021
No peace without justice.
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by Ushman333: 8:49am On Oct 08, 2021
Mr Femi, you are a very bad public image maker, and a worse writer...stop allowing your emotions dictate to you. Do your job well.

1 Like

Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by cardoctor(m): 8:50am On Oct 08, 2021
Oh dear. What a shame.
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by whytediamond(m): 8:51am On Oct 08, 2021
I dey laff
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by Arda1000(m): 8:51am On Oct 08, 2021
Make someone elaborate cus I no understand
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by Temptee101(m): 8:52am On Oct 08, 2021
Very stupid media aide.

A country that has been retrogressing for 61 years doesn't deserve peace whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by Maxymilliano(m): 8:53am On Oct 08, 2021
Peace by force will only offer you a grave yard peace
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by treesun: 8:56am On Oct 08, 2021
Femi Adeshina should remember, he will one day become a man of yester year!

1 Like

Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by btoks: 8:57am On Oct 08, 2021
He stated no concrete steps to get this peace!
No vision in the speech.
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by Dejavu44: 8:59am On Oct 08, 2021
Such buffoonery! this retarded bootlicker will just be writing as if he is talking to his dumb children. And how long does he think peace by force will last?

1 Like

Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by dankorode(m): 9:03am On Oct 08, 2021
MrWondah:
I no Sabi read. Abeg make person help me do voice note
but u sabi type?
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by nedekid: 9:09am On Oct 08, 2021
Can somebody who had time to read this crap by the usefull idiot summarize pls?

1 Like

Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by Theunbothered: 9:09am On Oct 08, 2021
What minister of propaganda affairs Femi Adesina is saying in essence is

Despite the fact that Nigeria is clearly dysfunctional, as long as I am being fed and my bosses have their way, we will kill, imprison and dehumanise you.

We know Nigeria is not working and is one bad policy away from civil war but we don't care, let the elites enjoy, the rest of you can comfort yourselves with fleeting dreams and hopes
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by Theunbothered: 9:12am On Oct 08, 2021
benuejosh:
Gaskiya! There's no lie. Every element that want to cause division in this country will have no rest. Be it from South EAST or North EAST.

PEACE by Force. Lafiya Dole.

You're from Benue, a region plagued by ethnic bloodshed but you still want to maintain what is clearly not working because you have been fed a lie.
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 08, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Werey

Like Joe Igbokwe like femi adesina
Femi is far better....
Femi will never talk down on his tribe and tribesmen like Joe.
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by benuejosh: 9:14am On Oct 08, 2021
Theunbothered:

You're from Benue, a region plagued by ethnic bloodshed but you still want to maintain what is clearly not working because you have been fed a lie.
stop saying nonsense. You have no single ideal of my state. Which bloodshed? The lies Ortom has been feeding you with?
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by DrSamOnowu87(m): 9:21am On Oct 08, 2021
oluwaseunamos33:
Mtchewwww. Waiting concern we wey dey abroad?
It will concern u when u eventually come back & cudn't find/locate ur father's ancestral land. By d time fulani herdsmen turn ur land to grazing land or use it for ruga,cattle colony etc
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by sabreal: 9:27am On Oct 08, 2021
Yes, especially when the problems are created by failed leaders, and sustained by poor Leadership

presidency:
FOR NIGERIA AT 61, IT’S LAFIYA DOLE, PEACE BY FORCE

By FEMI ADESINA

Nigeria is 61 years old as an Independent country. And so what? What’s the big deal about it? That is what some people will say, arguing that all we have seen is flag independence, and no true emancipation for the citizens.

There’s a big deal about every landmark or milestone we reach in life, because we may as well not have made it to that point. We could have fallen by the wayside, or vanished like smoke. The world owes nobody a living. Not individuals, not countries. That is why the Good Book enjoins us to number our days, “that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.” (Psalm 90:12).

The cynic, sceptic or scoffer may say what is there to celebrate about Nigeria, with all its troubles. A country yet to realize its potentials at 61, an adult condemned to a perpetual life of crawling. They will mention the negatives: massive insecurity, insurrection agitations, millions of jobless youths, struggling economy, humongous corrupt acts, and others, which have all characterized national life.

Yes, you can dwell so much on the storm, that you never get to enjoy the rainfall and its soothing effects. Nigeria is also the land of a resurgent economy, with the indices looking up and promising to get better. It is a country where stealing has become corruption and graft is being robustly fought, and it is a polity that is wiping out enemies of its soul, cleaning up the forests, cities, towns taken over by terrorists and bandits, with the prospect of restoring peace at the shortest possible time. It is the land of renaissance in infrastructure: rail, roads, bridges, airports, and others.

Sadly, some people do not want peace for Nigeria. They do not only promote but celebrate rupture of tranquility, repose or serenity. They are glad when our troops suffer reversals on the battlefield. When they make advances, giving enemies of our country bloody noses, they pretend not to see. But when bombs go off, killing and maiming innocent people, when bandits sack villages, or invade schools and abduct students, they quickly shout ‘security architecture,’ and alleged incompetence. They trumpet negatives, and close their eyes to positives. And in the blind search for power and relevance, they even subterraneanly bankroll terrorists.

Some others, with giant sized grudges against the polity, plot to dismember it. But I ask: who does not have one grievance or the other against Nigeria? Is there any ethnic group that does not have one angst or the other? But if we have worries or perturbation, is then the next option a pulling down of the roof? Do we crash the superstructure? Do we turn the country into a tailspin, simply because we are disaffected? Do we break the eggs of the chicken, because the bird upended our medicine pot?

As we celebrate Nigeria at 61, I join William Cowper, who said, “England, with all thy faults, I love thee still; my country.” Nigeria, with all thy faults, I love thee still; my country.

I don’t know how it is with you, if you are a frequent traveler. The best I enjoy a foreign land is one week, after which I begin to miss good, old Nigeria. The smell. The flora. The fauna. The cuisine. The sense and sensibility. I pray I never get sentenced or consigned to life abroad, wittingly or unwittingly. Nigeria, with all thy faults, I love thee still; my country.

Lack of peace seems to be the greatest bane of Nigeria today, despite wonderful showing in many other areas. Peace has turned tail, and fled. But I venture to say that with the resolve of good people, and the commitment of government, Nigeria will yet know peace. If the country unravels, as Vice President Yemi Osinbajo said recently, we shall all be losers. Nobody gains. Nigeria will, therefore, have peace. It must have peace. As the Hausa phrase goes, it is Lafiya Dole. Peace by Force. We must have it, and we will get it. And we don’t have to necessarily spill blood for it. It is the enemies of peace that will lose and must lose out.

A country of about 200 million people, troubled by a sprinkling. Will they succeed? Never. We fought a war of unity, in which about two million people perished. Did we do all that, only to eventually allow ourselves to be splintered by people with blinkered ideologies? Never! Nigeria will have peace, and must have peace, even as she turns 61. It’s Lafiya Dole. Peace by Force. And I say again, we can achieve it without bloodletting, if some forces let reason prevail.

I am happy that the Good Book supports me. “Now, may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.” (2 Thessalonians, 3:16). Peace by Force. Lafiya Dole. Even the Holy Bible supports it. Peace at all times, and in every way. We will have it. The higher powers back it. Therefore, there’s no room for caterwauling, endless wailings on what has not been done, ignoring the lot that has been accomplished. Nigeria will have peace. By Force. That is my prayer for the country at 61. Amen.

*Adesina is Special Adviser to President Buhari on Media and Publicity
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by DrSamOnowu87(m): 9:29am On Oct 08, 2021
themanderon:
What is this one saying? Show me any part of the world where there is peace without justice? The peace they desire is the peace where a section of the country will be enjoying the resources of the country at the expense of others and will not be challenged. The peace they desire is one where those in power will continue to break the law and expect people to obey the same law. The peace they desire is that people should look the other way while those in power brazenly carry out nepotism as a state policy. That is the kind of peace they want. For many years a section of the country has run the nation aground yet they want to continue to run it despite the fact that they have nothing to offer.
I still maintain that there can be no peace without justice and the volcano that has been simmering for years now may soon erupt taking everything with it if the criminals in power don't do something about it.
Exactly. Until justice is enthroned we ain't going anywhere.

Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by tonysunkan: 9:38am On Oct 08, 2021
Force does not bring, except peace of the graveyard. It is love and unity that bring peace.
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by Tochj(m): 9:41am On Oct 08, 2021
God forbid!!! That I will know the truth but use useless English to tell lies bcoz of what to eat
If Femi is not eating from the Government
He will be writing the truth now.
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by Theunbothered: 9:56am On Oct 08, 2021
benuejosh:
stop saying nonsense. You have no single ideal of my state. Which bloodshed? The lies Ortom has been feeding you with?

Where did the bodies of villagers packed into trucks come from?

Benue has been known for one ethnic clash or the other years before Ortom was even governor.

Continue fooling yourself
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by benuejosh: 9:59am On Oct 08, 2021
Theunbothered:

Where did the bodies of villagers packed into trucks come from?

Benue has been known for one ethnic clash or the other years before Ortom was even governor.

Continue fooling yourself
was it the extrajudicial killings of innocent citizens by Obasanjo in Zaki Biam or the communal clash between locals of Benue and Taraba state because of land or which one? Ortom is cashing out using human lives and you guys sit somewhere, read things over the internet and just believe it.
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by zoedew: 9:59am On Oct 08, 2021
Clearly run out of ideas. Nothing left to say.
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by ma373733(m): 10:00am On Oct 08, 2021
WHEN THERE'S JUSTICE EQUITY AND FAIRNESS

PEACE WILL COME NATURALLY

But no

the zombie is saying it's by force do you beat up your child when he's crying of being cheated ?

At least he's better than our own clown Joe igbokwe grin
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by sabreal: 10:01am On Oct 08, 2021
When leaders fail, they resort to sermons to persuade the gullibles.

Adesina and Osinbajo.should continue to quote bible to.defend the atrocities of this administration.

Jesus did not mince words against the Pharisees and saduces. Jesus said woe unto the hypocrites.

You understand the plites of the masses yet you support and promote the wicked policies of this administration, WOE UNTO YOU ALL IN JESUS NAME

presidency:

By FEMI ADESINA

Nigeria is 61 years old as an Independent country. And so what? What’s the big deal about it? That is what some people will say, arguing that all we have seen is flag independence, and no true emancipation for the citizens.

There’s a big deal about every landmark or milestone we reach in life, because we may as well not have made it to that point. We could have fallen by the wayside, or vanished like smoke. The world owes nobody a living. Not individuals, not countries. That is why the Good Book enjoins us to number our days, “that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.” (Psalm 90:12).

The cynic, sceptic or scoffer may say what is there to celebrate about Nigeria, with all its troubles. A country yet to realize its potentials at 61, an adult condemned to a perpetual life of crawling. They will mention the negatives: massive insecurity, insurrection agitations, millions of jobless youths, struggling economy, humongous corrupt acts, and others, which have all characterized national life.

Yes, you can dwell so much on the storm, that you never get to enjoy the rainfall and its soothing effects. Nigeria is also the land of a resurgent economy, with the indices looking up and promising to get better. It is a country where stealing has become corruption and graft is being robustly fought, and it is a polity that is wiping out enemies of its soul, cleaning up the forests, cities, towns taken over by terrorists and bandits, with the prospect of restoring peace at the shortest possible time. It is the land of renaissance in infrastructure: rail, roads, bridges, airports, and others.

Sadly, some people do not want peace for Nigeria. They do not only promote but celebrate rupture of tranquility, repose or serenity. They are glad when our troops suffer reversals on the battlefield. When they make advances, giving enemies of our country bloody noses, they pretend not to see. But when bombs go off, killing and maiming innocent people, when bandits sack villages, or invade schools and abduct students, they quickly shout ‘security architecture,’ and alleged incompetence. They trumpet negatives, and close their eyes to positives. And in the blind search for power and relevance, they even subterraneanly bankroll terrorists.

Some others, with giant sized grudges against the polity, plot to dismember it. But I ask: who does not have one grievance or the other against Nigeria? Is there any ethnic group that does not have one angst or the other? But if we have worries or perturbation, is then the next option a pulling down of the roof? Do we crash the superstructure? Do we turn the country into a tailspin, simply because we are disaffected? Do we break the eggs of the chicken, because the bird upended our medicine pot?

As we celebrate Nigeria at 61, I join William Cowper, who said, “England, with all thy faults, I love thee still; my country.” Nigeria, with all thy faults, I love thee still; my country.

I don’t know how it is with you, if you are a frequent traveler. The best I enjoy a foreign land is one week, after which I begin to miss good, old Nigeria. The smell. The flora. The fauna. The cuisine. The sense and sensibility. I pray I never get sentenced or consigned to life abroad, wittingly or unwittingly. Nigeria, with all thy faults, I love thee still; my country.

Lack of peace seems to be the greatest bane of Nigeria today, despite wonderful showing in many other areas. Peace has turned tail, and fled. But I venture to say that with the resolve of good people, and the commitment of government, Nigeria will yet know peace. If the country unravels, as Vice President Yemi Osinbajo said recently, we shall all be losers. Nobody gains. Nigeria will, therefore, have peace. It must have peace. As the Hausa phrase goes, it is Lafiya Dole. Peace by Force. We must have it, and we will get it. And we don’t have to necessarily spill blood for it. It is the enemies of peace that will lose and must lose out.

A country of about 200 million people, troubled by a sprinkling. Will they succeed? Never. We fought a war of unity, in which about two million people perished. Did we do all that, only to eventually allow ourselves to be splintered by people with blinkered ideologies? Never! Nigeria will have peace, and must have peace, even as she turns 61. It’s Lafiya Dole. Peace by Force. And I say again, we can achieve it without bloodletting, if some forces let reason prevail.

I am happy that the Good Book supports me. “Now, may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.” (2 Thessalonians, 3:16). Peace by Force. Lafiya Dole. Even the Holy Bible supports it. Peace at all times, and in every way. We will have it. The higher powers back it. Therefore, there’s no room for caterwauling, endless wailings on what has not been done, ignoring the lot that has been accomplished. Nigeria will have peace. By Force. That is my prayer for the country at 61. Amen.

Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by Omonigho1976: 10:07am On Oct 08, 2021
presidency:

By FEMI ADESINA

I'm still trying to understand what this slowpoke is talking about, this piece is a mash of incoherent Bullshit!!!!
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by Theunbothered: 10:12am On Oct 08, 2021
benuejosh:
was it the extrajudicial killings of innocent citizens by Obasanjo in Zaki Biam or the communal clash between locals of Benue and Taraba state because of land or which one? Ortom is cashing out using human lives and you guys sit somewhere, read things over the internet and just believe it.

See this is your problem, this has nothing to do with Ortom but the way Nigeria's border was drawn.

It placed tribes who had no business being together in the same country/state then split up other groups and expected everything will be fine.

Which is why I'm saying you are deceiving yourself, continue distracting yourself with Ortom and ignoring the real issues behind the mass murder.

At least you acknowledge that these "communal clashes" have been happening before Ortom and will continue even when he leaves office if we keep going this way.
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:13am On Oct 08, 2021
benuejosh:
Gaskiya! There's no lie. Every element that want to cause division in this country will have no rest. Be it from South EAST or North EAST.

PEACE by Force. Lafiya Dole.
Lafiya Dole failed in the North East

Yet you want to extend it all over Nigeria

1 Like

Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:17am On Oct 08, 2021
Ushman333:
Mr Femi, you are a very bad public image maker, and a worse writer...stop allowing your emotions dictate to you. Do your job well.

What did he do wrong

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Federal High Court Dismisses Fourth Case Challenging Tinubu’s Candidacy / FG Signs Mou With Chinese Companies On Power Transmission / Wife Beaters In Edo To Be Jailed For 2 Years As Governor Signs Bill Into Law.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.