Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,049 members, 7,828,694 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force (9706 Views)

'Operation Lafiya Dole' Soldiers Drinking Garri / Nigerian Army Removes Major-General Adeniyi As Commander Operation Lafiya Dole / Buratai Appoints New Operation Lafiya Dole Commanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:22am On Oct 08, 2021
Theunbothered:

You're from Benue, a region plagued by ethnic bloodshed but you still want to maintain what is clearly not working because you have been fed a lie.

He's not from Benue
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by SAM1979: 10:28am On Oct 08, 2021
Receive common sense!
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by Blackdisciple(m): 10:37am On Oct 08, 2021
Sure that's why they write up is in hausa , am sure if not as he said it many Nigerians don't even know that lafiya dole means peace by force.

They know they can't write it with English cos it will stair reactions but still even if they do nothing will still happen
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:37am On Oct 08, 2021
presidency:
FOR NIGERIA AT 61, IT’S LAFIYA DOLE, PEACE BY FORCE

By FEMI ADESINA

Nigeria is 61 years old as an Independent country. And so what? What’s the big deal about it? That is what some people will say, arguing that all we have seen is flag independence, and no true emancipation for the citizens.

There’s a big deal about every landmark or milestone we reach in life, because we may as well not have made it to that point. We could have fallen by the wayside, or vanished like smoke. The world owes nobody a living. Not individuals, not countries. That is why the Good Book enjoins us to number our days, “that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.” (Psalm 90:12).

The cynic, sceptic or scoffer may say what is there to celebrate about Nigeria, with all its troubles. A country yet to realize its potentials at 61, an adult condemned to a perpetual life of crawling. They will mention the negatives: massive insecurity, insurrection agitations, millions of jobless youths, struggling economy, humongous corrupt acts, and others, which have all characterized national life.

Yes, you can dwell so much on the storm, that you never get to enjoy the rainfall and its soothing effects. Nigeria is also the land of a resurgent economy, with the indices looking up and promising to get better. It is a country where stealing has become corruption and graft is being robustly fought, and it is a polity that is wiping out enemies of its soul, cleaning up the forests, cities, towns taken over by terrorists and bandits, with the prospect of restoring peace at the shortest possible time. It is the land of renaissance in infrastructure: rail, roads, bridges, airports, and others.

Sadly, some people do not want peace for Nigeria. They do not only promote but celebrate rupture of tranquility, repose or serenity. They are glad when our troops suffer reversals on the battlefield. When they make advances, giving enemies of our country bloody noses, they pretend not to see. But when bombs go off, killing and maiming innocent people, when bandits sack villages, or invade schools and abduct students, they quickly shout ‘security architecture,’ and alleged incompetence. They trumpet negatives, and close their eyes to positives. And in the blind search for power and relevance, they even subterraneanly bankroll terrorists.

Some others, with giant sized grudges against the polity, plot to dismember it. But I ask: who does not have one grievance or the other against Nigeria? Is there any ethnic group that does not have one angst or the other? But if we have worries or perturbation, is then the next option a pulling down of the roof? Do we crash the superstructure? Do we turn the country into a tailspin, simply because we are disaffected? Do we break the eggs of the chicken, because the bird upended our medicine pot?

As we celebrate Nigeria at 61, I join William Cowper, who said, “England, with all thy faults, I love thee still; my country.” Nigeria, with all thy faults, I love thee still; my country.

I don’t know how it is with you, if you are a frequent traveler. The best I enjoy a foreign land is one week, after which I begin to miss good, old Nigeria. The smell. The flora. The fauna. The cuisine. The sense and sensibility. I pray I never get sentenced or consigned to life abroad, wittingly or unwittingly. Nigeria, with all thy faults, I love thee still; my country.

Lack of peace seems to be the greatest bane of Nigeria today, despite wonderful showing in many other areas. Peace has turned tail, and fled. But I venture to say that with the resolve of good people, and the commitment of government, Nigeria will yet know peace. If the country unravels, as Vice President Yemi Osinbajo said recently, we shall all be losers. Nobody gains. Nigeria will, therefore, have peace. It must have peace. As the Hausa phrase goes, it is Lafiya Dole. Peace by Force. We must have it, and we will get it. And we don’t have to necessarily spill blood for it. It is the enemies of peace that will lose and must lose out.

A country of about 200 million people, troubled by a sprinkling. Will they succeed? Never. We fought a war of unity, in which about two million people perished. Did we do all that, only to eventually allow ourselves to be splintered by people with blinkered ideologies? Never! Nigeria will have peace, and must have peace, even as she turns 61. It’s Lafiya Dole. Peace by Force. And I say again, we can achieve it without bloodletting, if some forces let reason prevail.

I am happy that the Good Book supports me. “Now, may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.” (2 Thessalonians, 3:16). Peace by Force. Lafiya Dole. Even the Holy Bible supports it. Peace at all times, and in every way. We will have it. The higher powers back it. Therefore, there’s no room for caterwauling, endless wailings on what has not been done, ignoring the lot that has been accomplished. Nigeria will have peace. By Force. That is my prayer for the country at 61. Amen.

*Adesina is Special Adviser to President Buhari on Media and Publicity

A little correction. @ Thess 3:16 is not talking about peace by force pls. Stop misinterpreting the Bible to suit your narrative.

Let me share the full context with you from the passage.

14 And if any man obeyeth not our word by this epistle, note that man, that ye have no company with him, to the end that he may be ashamed.
15 And [yet] count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.
16 Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in all ways. The Lord be with you all.

As you should see here, Paul the Apostle advocated separating from anyone who does not obey and agree with his epistle. He did not ask that they be forced to agree with or abide by the epistle.
Secondly, he also advocated living peacefully with those same people. In other words, "Let them be" You don't keep company with him because evil communication corrupts good manners but you let them be and try convincing them as brothers. I don't think you can force anyone to be your brother.
Now in the last verse here, he first acknowledges that there is a Lord of peace who gives peace. In other words, peace cannot be conjured or coerced into being. It is given. It is given at all times whether good or bad, comfortable or not and in all ways whether straight or narrow, easy or difficult.
So, it is easy to see that the Bible passage does not in anyway advocate peace by force. So pls remove that phrase "the Holy Bible supports it". The Bible does not support anything being achieved by forcing it on others.

1 Like

Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by MOJ584(m): 10:37am On Oct 08, 2021
Dear Oga Femi,

As it stands right now, there can never be peace in this contraption again until it disintegrates! This is not hate against Nigeria but simple fact for those who want to be sincere to themselves.

Give power to the Ibos for 10 straight years, No peace! Give it to N. Central for 10years, No peace! Give it to Yorubas for 8years, No peace! Return power to Jonathan in 2023, No peace. Keep it with the Core North, No peace!

Disarm all the ethnic localities and rotate power between Americans and Britons over Nigeria, No peace! Nigeria is heavily faulty from its very foundation. Was never meant to be a country. Designed to fail from birth!

It is a caused Land and gets worse by the day. It is irredeemable! It is the Land of the devil! For decades, Christian churches all over the land have been praying for the 61year Old fool but instead her condition degenerates. The Allah people also pray for the contraption every Friday but Allah refused to listen.

Femi, I can go on and on. Can you just mention just 1 sector of our national life that you can beat hand on the chest and say " God, thank you because even if we have failed in all other sector, at least, we are doing well in this sector" Just mention 1 sector!

Oga, the peaceful or violent destruction of Nigeria will reduce the power of Satan on earth by 50%.

Those who want to argue can do so with their village head!!!

1 Like

Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by Gentlerespect76: 10:59am On Oct 08, 2021
This man has lost it completely.
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by MrWondah(m): 11:03am On Oct 08, 2021
dankorode:
but u sabi type?
Not at all sir grin
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by jditimiya(m): 11:15am On Oct 08, 2021
[center]But to speak nothing but the truth we really need peace, but not the one this blood sucking yourba ma want, Let all of us the masses come together and think about our country, our children and remove our pride with the region things we carry for head. Yes i know we are still young ad a country because most of the big country are far older than us. We will get there one day if we all agree to ride on the same ship to the new Nigeria we pray and hope for. [/center]
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by ramatintin(m): 11:18am On Oct 08, 2021
As Einstein will say peace cannot be kept by force, but can only be achieved through understanding. Those who wants to keep peace by force will fail
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by Ushman333: 11:30am On Oct 08, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

What did he do wrong
He should focus on building the image of the presidency, share information and stop arguing or challenging opinions of Nigerians. He should appease the people not confront or join issues with them, that is his role.
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by slimghost(m): 12:13pm On Oct 08, 2021
Basket mouth don start to leak again ooo.
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by 989900: 12:14pm On Oct 08, 2021
Fẹmi, what a shame . . . time will tell.
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:16pm On Oct 08, 2021
Ushman333:

He should focus on building the image of the presidency, share information and stop arguing or challenging opinions of Nigerians. He should appease the people not confront or join issues with them, that is his role.
Hmmm. Though I agree with your thoughts. But I suspect if his employer his not happy with the job he's doing, he would have called him to order
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by tete7000(m): 1:20pm On Oct 08, 2021
Peace and force are not synonymous. Someone should help Adesina
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by Exodora: 2:14pm On Oct 08, 2021
Me I smell something after all the Igbos were not the only ones agitating for freedom how come the killings is just in Igbo land .
This is another way of reducing the number and spoiling of imagine .
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by Enyimbamercedes: 3:02pm On Oct 08, 2021
An idiot the age of Femi is irredeemable!

Should any country enforce peace? You take actions such as supporting terror sponsors, making divisive statements, killing the economy and then turn around to want to force peace.

Idiot
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by chaloskyx: 3:09pm On Oct 08, 2021
NO WAHALA BUT THE QUESTION IS who is responsible for the crisis we have as a country is it not the same people preaching peace cause i dont understand.
benuejosh:
Gaskiya! There's no lie. Every element that want to cause division in this country will have no rest. Be it from South EAST or North EAST.

PEACE by Force. Lafiya Dole.
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by chaloskyx: 3:14pm On Oct 08, 2021
what annoys me is while the masses want peace and unity your politicians actually thrive in the ethnic and religious conflict that divide us who are they deceiving these are the same politicians who divide us by issuing ethnic statements calling another tribe nothing but a dot reminding us about a civil war. telling use we as a people have no right to contest for presidency. favouring political appointments to a particular ethnic group. dinning with terrorists from the north while attacking people who just want a referendum. Oga your message of peace is a lie there is no pece in Nigerian and there can never be till we go our own ways. you only want unity so politicians can keep taking advantage of the division and milk the country dry cause if you really wanted peace your commander in chief would have handled terrorists with force and not with kids gloves.

1 Like

Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by 1009ja: 4:11pm On Oct 08, 2021
PEACE BY FORCE: TALK TO YOUR OGA.
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by bizzibodi(m): 4:51pm On Oct 08, 2021
What of justice by force
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by oluwaseunamos33(m): 8:45pm On Oct 08, 2021
DrSamOnowu87:
It will concern u when u eventually come back & cudn't find/locate ur father's ancestral land. By d time fulani herdsmen turn ur land to grazing land or use it for ruga,cattle colony etc
lol. All my family members are here in USA including my grandma and we don't intend of coming back. We are already black Americans so don't bother
Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by DrSamOnowu87(m): 9:59pm On Oct 08, 2021
oluwaseunamos33:
lol. All my family members are here in USA including my grandma and we don't intend of coming back. We are already black Americans so don't bother
ok congratulations to u people but u shud speak out for those who cud not afford where u people are presently who are going through hunger,brutalization,oppression from d fulani terrorist government headed by buhari & majorly his co clueless,stagnant, unfruitful, headslammers,illiterate,low IQ ,cow brain Fulanis.

1 Like

Re: For Nigeria At 61, It’s Lafiya Dole, Peace By Force by FakeUnity: 1:55pm On Oct 09, 2021
femi the fo0l.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Inherited N600bn Oil Marketers’ Debt, Says FG / Court Freezes N350m Traced To Patience Jonathan / Ambode Forgot He Was Yoruba.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.