Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,450 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

Olukere Of Ikere Ekiti Now Recognized As An Oba In Ekiti State - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Olukere Of Ikere Ekiti Now Recognized As An Oba In Ekiti State (21870 Views)

Oduduwa Republic: See What An Oba Is Doing To Fulani Emir (pics) / "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos / Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olukere Of Ikere Ekiti Now Recognized As An Oba In Ekiti State by twosquare(m): 9:38am On Oct 09, 2021
femi4:
Know your History well....Oluikere ruled as a chief not a King. Ogaga came to Ikere and rescued them from war and they all agreed to crown him as the first King in Ikere
A ruler is a ruler. It doesn't have to be a a crown. All is just ancient politics.

1 Like

Re: Olukere Of Ikere Ekiti Now Recognized As An Oba In Ekiti State by femi4: 10:11am On Oct 09, 2021
twosquare:
A ruler is a ruler. It doesn't have to be a a crown. All is just ancient politics.
You don't know jack about Yoruba traditions.

We have different kind of rulers in Yoruba land like Baale, Aare ona kankanfo, Balogun, Mogaji etc....None of them is greater than an Oba (King)

1 Like

Re: Olukere Of Ikere Ekiti Now Recognized As An Oba In Ekiti State by Bisijames(m): 11:14am On Oct 09, 2021
seunmsg:
Ogoga will definitely be heading to court to challenge this decision.

Congratulations to Olukere anyway, he played his politics right in the last governorship election and this is his reward.

Are you actually from Ikere or Ekiti state? It seem you know much about that town and their politics to be honest.
Re: Olukere Of Ikere Ekiti Now Recognized As An Oba In Ekiti State by seunmsg(m): 11:16am On Oct 09, 2021
Bisijames:

Are you actually from Ikere or Ekiti state? It seem you know much about that town and their politics to be honest.

I’m from Okemesi Ekiti.
Re: Olukere Of Ikere Ekiti Now Recognized As An Oba In Ekiti State by Dartilo(m): 12:22pm On Oct 09, 2021
Ogooga came from where?
Re: Olukere Of Ikere Ekiti Now Recognized As An Oba In Ekiti State by Haywhyluv: 2:24pm On Oct 09, 2021
When will ondo state Implement justice Ajama commission for chieftaincy affairs..
Re: Olukere Of Ikere Ekiti Now Recognized As An Oba In Ekiti State by AdesewaAde(f): 3:55pm On Oct 09, 2021
ultiliberty:

God bless Ogooga of Ikere-land
God bless Ikere ekiti, my home town
This isn’t Ogoga’s post
Create your own post and include your Ogoga

God bless Olukere of Ikere kingdom
God bless my hometown,Ikere Ekiti

1 Like

Re: Olukere Of Ikere Ekiti Now Recognized As An Oba In Ekiti State by AdesewaAde(f): 3:55pm On Oct 09, 2021
Dartilo:
Ogooga came from where?
Benin
Re: Olukere Of Ikere Ekiti Now Recognized As An Oba In Ekiti State by AdesewaAde(f): 4:10pm On Oct 09, 2021
femi4:
Know your History well....Oluikere ruled as a chief not a King. Ogaga came to Ikere and rescued them from war and they all agreed to crown him as the first King in Ikere
You are from where?
Who told you Olukere ruled as a chief?
Which war did Ogoga came to rescue them from?
Who were the people that agreed to crown him the king?
Who was the king then?
You don’t even know what you are saying and you are typing with confidence ,the story wasn’t like that,Olukere was the king,Ogoga was also the son of the king of Benin but also a hunter,hunting brought him to Ikere Ekiti and he stopped at the Olukere’s Palace,he was welcomed and the Olukere took him as his PA,due to lot of activities on his table,he told the Ogoga to also help him to attend to some of the guests too,he gave him a place to stay,Ogoga will attend to people on minor issues but will send people who has more serious issues to Olukere,it went on and on till those who came to give staff of office to Olukere met Ogoga first and then Ogoga hijacked it and he became the king recognised by government,before you quote me I am a native of Ikere Ekiti and I spent my first 15 years there .

3 Likes

Re: Olukere Of Ikere Ekiti Now Recognized As An Oba In Ekiti State by femi4: 4:23pm On Oct 09, 2021
AdesewaAde:

You are from where?
Who was the king then?
You don’t even know what you are saying and you are typing with confidence ,the story wasn’t like that,Olukere was the king,Ogoga was also the son of the king of Benin but also a hunter,hunting brought him to Ikere Ekiti and he stopped at the Olukere’s Palace,he was welcomed and the Olukere took him as his PA,due to lot of activities on his table,he told the Ogoga to also help him to attend to some of the guests too,he gave him a place to stay,Ogoga will attend to people on minor issues but will send people who has more serious issues to Olukere,it went on and on till those who came to give staff of office to Olukere met Ogoga first and then Ogoga hijacked it and he became the king recognised by government,before you quote me I am a native of Ikere Ekiti and I spent my first 15 years there .
Lies you were told by Parents.

Now learn from your history below:

How did Olukere emerge as a chief priest?

Ikere’s existence is traced to the 11th century. In those days people migrated to different places for settlement. The Olukere was the son of Obalorin in Ile-Ife. He was not a prince because his father was not a king. He could not have inherited a stool when his father was not a king. He settled in Olowu’s compound in Ikere. That connotes that he met people in Ikere. He moved from there to Odopetu compound. His third abode is Odo-Ise where he resides now. There was another man, an Ifa priest, who came to Ikere. He was very useful to the people, assisting them during wars. But at a point, the people felt he was too powerful. The people conspired against him and dug a hole and tried to push him into the hole. But he ran to a hill. The people gathered palm fronds and set fire to the hill for seven days. After this, water started coming out of the hill and this led to epidemics in the town. As a result of this, the people consulted the oracle, which advised that the Olukere should appease him. That was how he got his title as a chief priest – to be appeasing Olosunta.
Re: Olukere Of Ikere Ekiti Now Recognized As An Oba In Ekiti State by AdesewaAde(f): 4:46pm On Oct 09, 2021
femi4:
Lies you were told by Parents.

Now learn from your history below:

How did Olukere emerge as a chief priest?

Ikere’s existence is traced to the 11th century. In those days people migrated to different places for settlement. The Olukere was the son of Obalorin in Ile-Ife. He was not a prince because his father was not a king. He could not have inherited a stool when his father was not a king. He settled in Olowu’s compound in Ikere. That connotes that he met people in Ikere. He moved from there to Odopetu compound. His third abode is Odo-Ise where he resides now. There was another man, an Ifa priest, who came to Ikere. He was very useful to the people, assisting them during wars. But at a point, the people felt he was too powerful. The people conspired against him and dug a hole and tried to push him into the hole. But he ran to a hill. The people gathered palm fronds and set fire to the hill for seven days. After this, water started coming out of the hill and this led to epidemics in the town. As a result of this, the people consulted the oracle, which advised that the Olukere should appease him. That was how he got his title as a chief priest – to be appeasing Olosunta.
Smh
I’ve seen different post on this thread pointing to same direction as mine but you are here telling me that I heard from parents,yes I heard from my parents only a bastard won’t know that Ikere’s story.

2 Likes

Re: Olukere Of Ikere Ekiti Now Recognized As An Oba In Ekiti State by Simbrixton(m): 11:29pm On Oct 09, 2021
femi4:
Olukere was a king b4 Ogoga anyway Olukere is now recognized by state govt

1 Like

Re: Olukere Of Ikere Ekiti Now Recognized As An Oba In Ekiti State by Simbrixton(m): 11:32pm On Oct 09, 2021
AdesewaAde:

You are from where?
Who was the king then?
omo kaaro ojire i heard dere was celebration in ikere ekiti

2 Likes

Re: Olukere Of Ikere Ekiti Now Recognized As An Oba In Ekiti State by toyinakomolafe(m): 7:09am On Oct 10, 2021
Simbrixton:
omo kaaro ojire i heard dere was celebration in ikere ekiti

Definitely, there would be celebration in his own quarter, Odo Oja,not the entire town
Re: Olukere Of Ikere Ekiti Now Recognized As An Oba In Ekiti State by toyinakomolafe(m): 7:15am On Oct 10, 2021
AdesewaAde:

You are from where?
Who was the king then?

Why do we like to tell lies in order to get public acceptance, hijacked as how? Olukere recognised immediately , Ogoga came into Ikere that he was a Prince because of the paraphernalia of royalty he came with. He therefor accorded him one
Besides, Olukere was not the first person to settle in Ikere, Aladeselu was there before him, he was the one who accommodated Olukere. Olukere was from a non royal quarter in Ife, kingship is not about who settles first, as seen in most Yoruba towns today. Ife, Akure, Ado, etc.

Let's not mislead the public so as to make our point. I'm from Ikere Ekiti.

There had been a peaceful coexistence between the Olukeres and Ogoga before agitations of who settled first began to spring up in Ikere.

Now that Olukere has been recognised as the oba of Odo Oja, He should stop addressing himself as Olukere of Ikere. Get the proclamation right.
Re: Olukere Of Ikere Ekiti Now Recognized As An Oba In Ekiti State by AdesewaAde(f): 7:42am On Oct 10, 2021
Before you quote me again,where are you from,or are you afraid to mention your village?
toyinakomolafe:

Why do we like to tell lies in order to get public acceptance, hijacked as how? Olukere recognised immediately , Ogoga came into Ikere that he was a Prince because of the paraphernalia of royalty he came with. He therefor accorded him one
Besides, Olukere was not the first person to settle in Ikere, Aladeselu was there before him, he was the one who accommodated Olukere. Olukere was from a non royal quarter in Ife, kingship is not about who settles first, as seen in most Yoruba towns today. Ife, Akure, Ado, etc.

Let's not mislead the public so as to make our point. I'm from Ikere Ekiti.

There had been a peaceful coexistence between the Olukeres and Ogoga before agitations of who settled first began to spring up in Ikere.

Now that Olukere has been recognised as the oba of Odo Oja, He should stop addressing himself as Olukere of Ikere. Get the proclamation right.

1 Like

Re: Olukere Of Ikere Ekiti Now Recognized As An Oba In Ekiti State by Simbrixton(m): 11:03am On Oct 10, 2021
toyinakomolafe:

Definitely, there would be celebration in his own quarter, Odo Oja,not the entire town
well the entire town
Re: Olukere Of Ikere Ekiti Now Recognized As An Oba In Ekiti State by Kooldame: 5:05pm On Oct 10, 2021
As a native of Ikere Ekiti though born in Lagos so you're free to attack me,my parents told me there are two kings in Ikere Ekiti,the two only meet once in a year,Olukere is a ceremonial king who perform traditional rites and Ogaga is the official king of Ikere who is recognized by the govt.This is what I know,and this is what I believed for several years.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Culture; Unclad Reed Dance In Swaziland Pics / How Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti Sacked The Alake Of Egbaland In 1949 / African History And Spirituality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.