Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

African History And Spirituality - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / African History And Spirituality (21984 Views)

The History And People Of Bende Lga Of Abia State / Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. / Sun And Spirituality: Is There A Connection? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

African History And Spirituality by Goldie20: 6:23pm On Jun 13, 2013
Just posting stuff that i think are really fascinating..

Re: African History And Spirituality by Goldie20: 6:35pm On Jun 13, 2013

Re: African History And Spirituality by Goldie20: 6:01am On Jun 14, 2013
Our Bloodline Runs Deep

Re: African History And Spirituality by Goldie20: 6:04am On Jun 14, 2013

Re: African History And Spirituality by Goldie20: 6:08am On Jun 14, 2013

Re: African History And Spirituality by Goldie20: 8:11am On Jun 14, 2013
So called “Martial Arts” never originated in China or India as others have claimed, it originated in AFRICA & the proof is present in Kemet (Ancient Egypt) on the Walls of the Pyramids that predates any other Nation/

1 Like

Re: African History And Spirituality by Goldie20: 8:12am On Jun 14, 2013

Re: African History And Spirituality by Goldie20: 6:41pm On Jun 15, 2013

Re: African History And Spirituality by Goldie20: 6:44pm On Jun 15, 2013

Re: African History And Spirituality by Goldie20: 6:45pm On Jun 15, 2013
Ancient Light Bulb...

Re: African History And Spirituality by Goldie20: 6:51pm On Jun 15, 2013

Re: African History And Spirituality by Goldie20: 5:33pm On Jul 06, 2013
As they promote white Jesus Christ Globally, they praise our African Gods secretly

Re: African History And Spirituality by Goldie20: 5:34pm On Jul 06, 2013

Re: African History And Spirituality by Goldie20: 5:40pm On Jul 06, 2013

Re: African History And Spirituality by Goldie20: 5:43pm On Jul 06, 2013

Re: African History And Spirituality by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 09, 2013
highly informative sister. I like things like what you have just posted. I wonder if you and i can chat better on maybe facebook?

But people argue that the kemet are not negroids. That the negroids claim the kemet so as to feel good about themselves. What can you say to that
Re: African History And Spirituality by Goldie20: 4:00pm On Jul 10, 2013
souldust: highly informative sister. I like things like what you have just posted. I wonder if you and i can chat better on maybe facebook?

But people argue that the kemet are not negroids. That the negroids claim the kemet so as to feel good about themselves. What can you say to that

Kemet being other than Black or African is an old debate, which has been proven time & time again by plenty of Historians, Scholars, & Anthropologists (of all races) that Egypt as well as all the Countries within the Continent of Africa are African...meaning Black. Only Africans built Africa, that includes Egypt..

P.S Im not a sister bruh wink.... Lol.. That My Other Half As My DP..

Thanks Btw
Re: African History And Spirituality by Goldie20: 4:02pm On Jul 10, 2013

1 Like

Re: African History And Spirituality by Goldie20: 4:25pm On Jul 10, 2013

1 Like

Re: African History And Spirituality by Goldie20: 4:32pm On Jul 10, 2013
... cry

Re: African History And Spirituality by Goldie20: 4:36pm On Jul 10, 2013

Re: African History And Spirituality by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 10, 2013
why did the egyptians have the art of writing and the other parts of Africa dd not?

The first time i got to know that jesus is not the only one in history that is believed to be God incarnate, i was surprised! That jesus is God incarnate is the reason some christians beilieve christianity is different from all other faiths. Infact, there is this new saying among them that "Christianity isnt a religion". They say this so as to dissociate christianity from other faiths.

In his book "introduction to ancient Egyptian literature", EA wallis Budge pointed out that: "the religion of Osiris promises to those who follow it; high and low, rich and poor...a life beyond the grave which was made possible to them by the suffering, death and resurection of Osiris who is the incarnation of the primeval God who created heavens and the earth"

reading through that, you would have thought, at a point, that he was talking about Jesus and christianity!
Re: African History And Spirituality by 419forlife: 5:50am On Jul 11, 2013

1 Like

Re: African History And Spirituality by 419forlife: 5:54am On Jul 11, 2013

1 Like

Re: African History And Spirituality by Goldie20: 6:52pm On Jul 12, 2013
souldust: why did the egyptians have the art of writing and the other parts of Africa dd not?

The first time i got to know that jesus is not the only one in history that is believed to be God incarnate, i was surprised! That jesus is God incarnate is the reason some christians beilieve christianity is different from all other faiths. Infact, there is this new saying among them that "Christianity isnt a religion". They say this so as to dissociate christianity from other faiths.

In his book "introduction to ancient Egyptian literature", EA wallis Budge pointed out that: "the religion of Osiris promises to those who follow it; high and low, rich and poor...a life beyond the grave which was made possible to them by the suffering, death and resurection of Osiris who is the incarnation of the primeval God who created heavens and the earth"

reading through that, you would have thought, at a point, that he was talking about Jesus and christianity!

why did the egyptians have the art of writing and the other parts of Africa dd not?

about that question, i wouldnt really know how to answer that, and i doubt the really do have answers for that.. YET? no so sure maybe they do, i will research about that and get back to you if you don't mind, or maybe if you do know, you can share that with me..

some people say that christianity, like most other religions, is a combination of beliefs from other religions... which i believe is true.. , All Religions are simply fragments of African Knowledge.. Africans did not call it a "Religion", it was a way of Life...Africans took their Knowledge, Teachings, & Spirituality around the World.

If you research Religions in depth, you will find out that all their Ancient/ Original Gods were Black...
Re: African History And Spirituality by Goldie20: 6:55pm On Jul 12, 2013

Re: African History And Spirituality by DuduNegro: 11:13pm On Jul 12, 2013
Goldie20:

about that question, i wouldnt really know how to answer that, and i doubt the really do have answers for that.. YET? no so sure maybe they , i will research about that and get back to you if you don't mind, or maybe if you do know you can share that with me..

some people say that christianity, like most other religions, is a combination of beliefs from other religions... which i believe is true.. , All Religions are simply fragments of African Knowledge.. Africans did not call it a "Religion", it was a way of Life...Africans took their Knowledge, Teachings, & Spirituality around the World.

If you research Religions in depth, you will find out that all their Ancient/ Original Gods were Black...

Goldie,

I sent you a request. I wanted to know if these are your thoughts you are sharing here or if you are bringing us a published work, book or journal or something.

On writing, numbers came before writing. Writing was the result of a need to keep record and started as a crypted message.

1 is the God Head
2 is Creation
3 is the Priest
4 is Earth

....and so on.

The Priest led men to the altar on a mountain top to go give offerings to God. Mountain top is attributed to GOD HEAD and is symbolized by A.

When you go into Genesis and study the part played by Eve and Adam you will see plenty messages in there.....actually, instructions for life.

When you go into the part played by Noah you will see that he received the first scripture from GOD and that section on Noah is filled with crypted messages on number interpretations and as well some secrets into the mysteries of life.

Africans are what should be called "KNOWERS" and Caucasians should be called "FINDERS".

KNOWLEDGE come to us from places we have no way to explain or justify.
Other are not so well developed, they have to probe to get it.
Re: African History And Spirituality by Goldie20: 11:18pm On Jul 12, 2013
I sent you a request. I wanted to know if these are your thoughts you are sharing here or if you are bringing us a published work, book or journal or something.

Dude Negro, I Got your pm but for some reason, it doesnt show in my email or anything, just got notification from nairaland,

But yeah those are just my thoughts and they are based on most of the research i have done and stuff,

But thanks for your contribution, will do some research about what you mentioned..

Plz.. dont hesitate to contribute to this thread and share your thought with us..
Re: African History And Spirituality by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 15, 2013
On why Egypt have the art of writing and other parts of africa did not...
Firstly, is that a fact?
Was every Egyptian at the time able to write?
Was writing an art indulged in by the common man(ordinary Egyptian citizen)?
Or was writing an art accessible and mastered only by the elite and top religious figures of Kemet?
If the last question was the case, then Kemet was no different from other parts of Africa that had one form of writing or the other, regardless of how advanced the art was in each region.

2 Likes

Re: African History And Spirituality by Horus(m): 7:56pm On Jul 15, 2013

Maiherpri Mummy

Maiherpri Mummy

Maiherpri was buried in a Royal Tomb in the Valley of the Kings, the royal necropolis. The mummy was unwrapped in March 1901, revealing a very dark skin with woolly hair. In Maiherperi's tomb, a papyrus was found depicting him with literally "blackish" skin. The papyrus in question was the Book of the Dead.

Papyrus of Maiherpri

2 Likes

Re: African History And Spirituality by Horus(m): 9:55pm On Jul 16, 2013

Ahmose I

Afar man

1 Like

Re: African History And Spirituality by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 19, 2013
@goldie i think you are right when you said africans did not call it religion but for them, it was a way of life.

No wonder the religions, even though they are put together under one name African Traditinal Religion (ATR), they still differ from places to places. The Amadioha religion is different from the Ifa religion. This is becos for Africans, what is called religion is not divorced from how the people lived their lives. it is culture for them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi Visits The Archbishop Of Canterbury In Lambeth Palace, UK (photos) / Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. / Pictures From Ofala Festival In Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.