Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,195 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Nigeria: Blasts Hit Vice-president's Hometown, Zaria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Blasts Hit Vice-president's Hometown, Zaria (3513 Views)

Buratai Hometown Under Bokoharam Attack / FLOOD: Road To Jonathan’s Hometown Submerged In Bayelsa / President’s Hometown Gets The Lion’s Share On Ecology Funds, The North Loses Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria: Blasts Hit Vice-president's Hometown, Zaria by monkeyleg: 9:36am On May 31, 2011
At least six people have been injured by two explosions in the hometown of Nigeria's Vice-President, Namadi Sambo, officials have said.

The blasts in the northern city of Zaria struck a bar on Sunday night and the old quarter on Monday morning.

There are also reports of an attack on a military patrol in Maiduguri.

At least 10 people were killed by a bombing at a market place in Bauchi on Sunday evening, hours after President Goodluck Jonathan's inauguration.

No group has yet said it was behind the series of attacks
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-13596386
Re: Nigeria: Blasts Hit Vice-president's Hometown, Zaria by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 31, 2011
The Jihardist were hoping to get closer to grip of central power through Buhari's presidency, now that it has failed, they must find another means.

The Jihardist cannot fold their hands and allow an "infidel" to rule over the "believers".

The time is ticking fast: its either Nigeria negotiates her oneness or another civil war is looming.
Re: Nigeria: Blasts Hit Vice-president's Hometown, Zaria by ShangoThor(m): 1:14pm On May 31, 2011
I wonder how many bomb detonations will occur in between now and 2015, and which one will literally be the 'final straw that will break the camels back'?
Re: Nigeria: Blasts Hit Vice-president's Hometown, Zaria by dempeople(m): 1:25pm On May 31, 2011
God forbid but it might not take long before they head southwards. Imagine detonating a bomb in dense areas. Not good.

My ultimate prayers for a long time is that we go our separate ways or we negotiate our coexistence.
Re: Nigeria: Blasts Hit Vice-president's Hometown, Zaria by 190: 2:42pm On May 31, 2011
wait oo

do u people mean to tell me someone would wake up in the morning, carry bombs in a bag and stroll into an area and blast the place up

Nigeria is truly finished

since when all this one start undecided

people in these areas should better pack their bags and leave the area for them and why is Jonantan paying deaf ear to these happenings

smh! Nigeriaaaaaa undecided
Re: Nigeria: Blasts Hit Vice-president's Hometown, Zaria by mcgboye(m): 2:58pm On May 31, 2011
Once again, the name of Buhari comes up, even when it is glaring that this government is not doing anything to curb this act of bombing. It didnt start this year, in case anyone needs reminding. I'm just sick n tired of having to blame Buhari for every one of our problems. Our government gets away with its apparent inactivity and we're fooled into believing it's Buhari's fault. Like the hell we voted for Buhari. Goodluck Ebere Jonathan is our president, and therefore our chief security officer. We need to start holding him responsible for our security problems.
Re: Nigeria: Blasts Hit Vice-president's Hometown, Zaria by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 31, 2011
Abokis on the rampage.Allah help the abokis, amen
Re: Nigeria: Blasts Hit Vice-president's Hometown, Zaria by monkeyleg: 3:01pm On May 31, 2011
Goodluck now has full endorsment and must tackle this wahala head on
Re: Nigeria: Blasts Hit Vice-president's Hometown, Zaria by snowdrops(m): 3:01pm On May 31, 2011
when will this madness end? probably boko haram are fighting for their share of amnesty money.
Re: Nigeria: Blasts Hit Vice-president's Hometown, Zaria by daroz(m): 3:20pm On May 31, 2011
But wait o, why all these bombings? what are they really fighting for?
Re: Nigeria: Blasts Hit Vice-president's Hometown, Zaria by Ournaija: 3:38pm On May 31, 2011
Let not see this as a Northern issue alone. These are symptoms of a failed State. Nigeria was founded on falsehood and deceit. If the North and Southern were honest with their marriage (Nigeria) all this would have been averted long before now. A nation without Mission and Vision. The older generation of leaders never had this generation in mind in all the decisions they took, they were all selfishly motivated. Even this present generation leaders are not putting the next generation into consideration when making policies and laws. Nigeria is a State of the moment where greed and selfishness reign. Can anyone tell any government program that is aimed at bettering the lives of the future generation?

What do you think of the Almajiris scattered every nooks and crannies of Northern Nigeria be doing? You think they will sit and watch you the "educated"  enjoy life to the full, no way.

It`s very very easy to convince an empty grown up man, who has nothing to loose to go bomb up anywhere he could find people.

Am sorry to say if we dont do the needful, they all come southward to bomb everywhere. It`s just a matter of time.
Re: Nigeria: Blasts Hit Vice-president's Hometown, Zaria by OAM4J: 3:44pm On May 31, 2011
Na wa o! what are all these blasts about now? is the government still holding Buhari/CPC responsible and hoping Buhari will stop them?

If the VP cannot guarantee peace and security in his state, then there is no hope for Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria: Blasts Hit Vice-president's Hometown, Zaria by dino2006(m): 4:55pm On May 31, 2011
May God deliver us from d hands of d enemies. Very disheartenin. angry
Re: Nigeria: Blasts Hit Vice-president's Hometown, Zaria by 702: 5:14pm On May 31, 2011
, Struck a bar?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked totally insane!!! angry
Re: Nigeria: Blasts Hit Vice-president's Hometown, Zaria by 1025: 5:16pm On May 31, 2011
what our politicians are doing is worth bombing down nigeria. how can we just fold our hands and watch a few criminals enjoy our public funds while we lavish in hunger. give me the bomb and i will do more deadly things.
it is a shame that even our so-called govt that swear to protect our lives and property have failed in doing so. whether we like it or not, talking on nairaland and nigerian newspapers are not yielding any positive results hence i support any possible means of changing things even if it is war. what i hate here is the idea of bombing yet the poor masses. i wish somebody can take these bombs to our senate or house of reps and to the houses of these politicians.
Re: Nigeria: Blasts Hit Vice-president's Hometown, Zaria by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 31, 2011
The greatest challenge in tackling this problem is not the lunatics themselves: its rather those who'll brand Mr. President anti_Islam of he chooses to use the might of the Federal Goverment to stem the tide.
Re: Nigeria: Blasts Hit Vice-president's Hometown, Zaria by LagosBoi2(m): 5:41pm On May 31, 2011
@Ournaija

I wish many Nigerians can reason like this. I expect the bombings to rise, reports say extremism flourish among the locals and mostly illiterates who have noting really meaningful to do with their dear lives there by opening them to the cajoling of tribal/local leaders or religious leaders. Poverty should be tackled first then extremism can reduce.
Re: Nigeria: Blasts Hit Vice-president's Hometown, Zaria by LagosBoi2(m): 6:02pm On May 31, 2011
@Ournaija

I wish many Nigerians can reason like this. I expect the bombings to rise, reports say extremism flourish among the locals and mostly illiterates who have noting really meaningful to do with their dear lives there by opening them to the cajoling of tribal/local leaders or religious leaders. Poverty should be tackled first then extremism can reduce.
Re: Nigeria: Blasts Hit Vice-president's Hometown, Zaria by congoshine(m): 6:17pm On May 31, 2011
All I see here is the ineptitude of the security forces. From the police,SSS to the armed forces.

The horrible leaders we've had ,have spent all the money on peppersoup and personal gain.

Little or no investment in modern security surveillance equipment training.

How can bombs continue to go off in a supposedly 'non-failed state' and the Inspector General of Police hasn't resigned or being fired ?

Really sad indeed.
Re: Nigeria: Blasts Hit Vice-president's Hometown, Zaria by Beaf: 6:30pm On May 31, 2011
congoshine:

All I see here is the ineptitude of the security forces. From the police,SSS to the armed forces.

The horrible leaders we've had ,have spent all the money on peppersoup and personal gain.

Little or no investment in modern security surveillance equipment training.

How can bombs continue to go off in a supposedly 'non-failed state' and the Inspector General of Police hasn't resigned or being fired ?

Really sad indeed.

Lets not take leave of common sense. How many resigned in Spain because of ETA, or in Northern Ireland because of the IRA?
You are asking that the security forces be retrained and modernised. Do you think such happens in a day? Or do you think our security decay started yesterday?

So many inputs are so simplistic it beggars belief.
Re: Nigeria: Blasts Hit Vice-president's Hometown, Zaria by unknown247: 6:32pm On May 31, 2011
What is wrong with all this senseless ISLAMIC scholars? what can't they use there head? sad
Re: Nigeria: Blasts Hit Vice-president's Hometown, Zaria by congoshine(m): 7:17pm On May 31, 2011
Beaf:

Lets not take leave of common sense. How many resigned in Spain because of ETA, or in Northern Ireland because of the IRA?
You are asking that the security forces be retrained and modernised. Do you think such happens in a day? Or do you think our security decay started yesterday?

So many inputs are so simplistic it beggars belief.
You are the one not using common sense.

ETA & IRA were at war with the state and were clearly defined enemies. . .ditto Al Qaeda vs USA . In all cases many arrests and convictions occured (& are still occuring).

Who is responsible for these bombings? Has anyone of note being arrested ?

How common sense eludes ethnic bigots beats me !

This has nothing to do with Ijaw president but with SYSTEMIC ACCOUNTABILITY . . . .duh ! No one is sayng security problems started today,but when people begin to blow up mammy markets with reckless abandon,we need to review how we do things.

Always defending mediocrity in the name of federal character. thats why we do not have stable power,ever falling security levels and low life expectancy .

Stop seeing any criticism as an attack on Goodluck.

Wake up !
Re: Nigeria: Blasts Hit Vice-president's Hometown, Zaria by Beaf: 7:46pm On May 31, 2011
congoshine:

You are the one not using common sense.

ETA & IRA were at war with the state and were clearly defined enemies. . .ditto Al Qaeda vs USA . In all cases many arrests and convictions occured (& are still occuring).

Who is responsible for these bombings? Has anyone of note being arrested ?

How common sense eludes ethnic bigots beats me !

This has nothing to do with Ijaw president but with SYSTEMIC ACCOUNTABILITY . . . .duh ! No one is sayng security problems started today,but when people begin to blow up mammy markets with reckless abandon,we need to review how we do things.

Always defending mediocrity in the name of federal character. thats why we do not have stable power,ever falling security levels and low life expectancy .

Stop seeing any criticism as an attack on Goodluck.

Wake up !

I'm sure you get your "facts" from the closest mama-put, while you stvpidly bother yourself that the President is Ijaw. I wonder where he should come from?

Nodbody has been arrested? Thats very foolish talk. For your info, here are just a few of those arrested or caught red-handed bombing, shooting, and burning in the core-North:

Alhaji Idris Abdullahi, Mohammed Bello Dan Sokoto, Isa Garba, Yusuf Adamu, Ali Adamu Doguwa, Ali Mohammed Doguwa, Dan Azumi Buba, Sirajo Ibrahim, Yusuf Sule, and Adamu Mohammed, Mati Abdullahi, Dini Hassan, Wada Maishayi, Shuaibu Wada, Ibrahim Babale and Adamu Babale, Usman Wada, Shitu Danlami, Suileman Musa, Sabitu Banshir, Aminu Abdullahi, Abbas Mohammed, Haruna Mohammed, Audu Adamu, Aliyu Usman, Yusuf Mu’azu, Samaila Dahiru, Abubakar Umar, Salisu Saidu, Aliwan Atsi, Babani Hassan, Hassan Yamai, Mohammed Ibrahim, Lawal Isaiyaku and Ubale Hassan Abdu.

Don't be lazy, google any of those names and educate yourself.

Dimwit.
Re: Nigeria: Blasts Hit Vice-president's Hometown, Zaria by dayokanu(m): 8:02pm On May 31, 2011
We voted GEJ and not PDP.

Enjoy the next 4yrs.

How many bomb now since October 1 2010?
Re: Nigeria: Blasts Hit Vice-president's Hometown, Zaria by otokx(m): 8:14pm On May 31, 2011
There is a difference between bombs and firecrackers. This whole thing is looking like a media conspiracy. One story will be told in 5 different ways you will think its 5 different attacks. The guy in maiduguri that works with it is customs, now we hear civil defence corps, now they say he is junior brother to shehu, Haba, my people, please we have no other country but Nigeria.

One love
Re: Nigeria: Blasts Hit Vice-president's Hometown, Zaria by DisGuy: 8:56pm On May 31, 2011
Whats the big deal,

Bombs go off in the Presidents Hometown, No Arrest, No comment, No blinking--share the cake

Gas flaring is a thing of the past, the president now lives in Abuja far away from the troubles
Re: Nigeria: Blasts Hit Vice-president's Hometown, Zaria by chelseabmw(m): 10:33pm On May 31, 2011
not my business provided this does not hit the south embarassed
Re: Nigeria: Blasts Hit Vice-president's Hometown, Zaria by Guyman02: 11:13pm On May 31, 2011
when the northern leaders failed to tackle the issue of Almajiri because they need them to intimidate their opponents and hold on to power for themselves and their unborn kids, they never knew that the chicken will surely come home to roost and the evil that men do is now living with them.

Efforts have to be made now to start educating and engage into meaningful activities the millions of teenage boys and girls roaming the northern streets as Almajiris before the start exporting their new past time of planting Taliban style bombs to the South.
Re: Nigeria: Blasts Hit Vice-president's Hometown, Zaria by ismaeel86(m): 11:21pm On May 31, 2011
i just pray that all this madness will not lead to another civil war
Re: Nigeria: Blasts Hit Vice-president's Hometown, Zaria by Arrowman(m): 11:33pm On May 31, 2011
i would blame all on the level of illitracy,ignorance,hatred,wickedness that is ravaging in the northern part of nig.the worst of it all is that no matter the level of education that a northernal would acquire he or she would still negotiate with the empty one's for the distruction of their enemies called ARNA meaning non religion per
Re: Nigeria: Blasts Hit Vice-president's Hometown, Zaria by calaway: 5:08am On Jun 01, 2011
THEY WILL ALWAYS SHOUT ALMAJIRIS, BOKO, AND GOVERNMENT INEPTITUDE.
WE MUST ALL FOCUS ON THE BIG PICTURE. AGREED ALMAJIRIS AND BOKOS ARE KILLERS BUT FOOTAGE OF VIDEOS AND PICTURES FROM THE POST ELECTION VIOLENCE ALSO SHOW YOUNG MEN TOO OLD TO ALMAJIRIS AND TO SECULAR LOOKING TO BE BOKO, ACTIVLY INVOLVED IN THE DESTRUCTION.
AS NIGERIANS WE MUST NOT SUCUMB TO THESE NORTHERN DIVERSIONARY TACTICS (ALMAJIRI AND BOKO HARAM DNT HAVE OIL TO BUNKER TO PURCHASE BOMBS THEY R SPONSORED BY THEIR LEADERS).BY THE WAY THOSE IDIOTS LIKE RHINO REFERRING TO THESE TERRORIST AS MILITANTS ARE ONLY BRAINWASHING THEMSELVES NIGERIANS ARE WISER.(MILITANTS
DONT MURDER INNOCENTS(EVEN CHILDRE) IN COLD BLOOD THEY FIGHT ONLY TO ADRESS INJUSTICE LIKE IN THE NIGER DELTA BUT THESE FOOLS
ARE EMPLOYING TERROR TACTICS TO FORCE NIGERIA IN SUBMISSION TO IT PARASITIC DOMINARING AMBITION)
THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD IS A BIG LIE!!!! THE AUTHORS OF THIS PIECE ARE TRYING TO CONFUSE NIGERIAN INTO THINKING
THAT EVEN THEY TOO SUFFER AT THE HANDS OF THE SO CALLED ALMAJIRIS AS THE VPS HOUSE WAS BURNT (DONT YOU WONDER WHY NOBODY FROM THE BURNT HOUSES GET KILLED?)
SO IT IS NO BIG DEAL IF THEY CONTINUE TO KILL SOUTHERNERS TO PUSH HOME THEIR DEMAND FOR A NORTHERN LEADERSHIP;
THE NORTH LIKE EVRY OTHER PART OF NIGERIA HAS IT OWN FAIR SHARE OF POVERTY STRICKEN UNEMPLOYED ILLITERATES.
WE DONT SEE THESE POVERTY STRICKEN UNEMPLOYED ILLITERATES IN THE SW,SS, AND SE GOING OUT TO MURDER HAUSA PEOPLE EVEN IN THE GUISE OF REPRISAL AND YET
YOU FIND THEM PUSHING BLAME TO GOVERNMENT FOR ALLOWING POVERTY,ILLITERACY AND UNEMPLOYMENT TO EXIST IN THE NORTH (VERY LAUGHABLE DISADVANTAGED PARASITES).
IF YOU THINK THEY R DETONATING BOMBS ON THEMSELVES IN THE NORTH PLS THINK AGAIN IT IS OUR SOUTHERN BROTHERS WHO ARE THE CASUALTIES AND FATALITIES
OF THE CARNAGE. WHY DO YOU THINK THE BOMBS DONT GO OFF IN THE MARKETS OR MOSQUE RATHER THE BOMBS GO OFF IN HOTELS WHERE
ALCOHOL IS SOLD, BARS AND MAMY MARKETS WHERE ALCOHOL IS ALSO SOLD AND CONSUMED.
HAUSA/ISLAMIST CONSIDER THE CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHL AS EXTRA MARITAL SCREW, A GRAVE SIN AND SO ANY BELIEVER CAUGHT IN THE
BLAST IS DESERVING OF DEATH ALONG WITH INFIDELS. NIGERIANS MUST NEVER LOOSE FOCUS ON THE REASON AND MOTIVE BEHIND SURGING SPATE OF
VIOLENCE ON NIGERIANS FROM THE SOUTH THE ALMAJIRI AND BOKO ARE JUST SMOKE SCREENS
FOR THE NORTH TO CONTINUE DOING WHAT THEY ARE USED TO. EVEN THEIR UNFORMED OFFICERS KILL CHRISTIAN BABIES AND GIRLS
IN THE INTEREST OF THE NORTH. MORE SOUTHERNERS WILL DIE UNLESS WE CONDEMN THE LYING AND MURDERING NORTH IN TOTALITY!!!!!
Re: Nigeria: Blasts Hit Vice-president's Hometown, Zaria by joelsky: 12:34pm On Jun 02, 2011
I'm very sure this is with the consent of the big men in Zaria,

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Goodluck Jonathan's Disobedience Caused His Woes- Oba Tejuoso / Please How Would You Called People From Kwara State. / Stop Killing Boko Haram Members - Buhari Tells Fg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.