Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Power Steering Issue - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Power Steering Issue (474 Views)

Hyundai Accent Electronic Power Steering Problem / Honda 06 DC Power Steering Issue / Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Steering Issue by ArticleBeast: 10:31pm On Oct 08, 2021
I have an honda hennessey or baby boy 2002 model. Of recent I have noticed that the power steering was making some sort of whining noise and pump gets quite hot (like hot). And even this afternoon, the fluid was boiling and overflowing from the plastic cup holder.

Please what is the likely cause of the issue. I don’t want to jump into buying pumps or changing racks. Please help
Re: Power Steering Issue by eHydrated(m): 10:43pm On Oct 08, 2021
hey,
with fluid "overflowing" you probably overfilled the power steering reservoir. Use a syringe to drain some fluid and properly guage to the correct maximum level. observe and revert back if problem persist.

cheers
Re: Power Steering Issue by ArticleBeast: 10:52pm On Oct 08, 2021
eHydrated:
hey,
with fluid "overflowing" you probably overfilled the power steering reservoir. Use a syringe to drain some fluid and properly guage to the correct maximum level. observe and revert back if problem persist.

cheers
Thanks for taking time out to respond. My major concern is that is the body of the power steering pump suppose to be hot (like hot)?
Re: Power Steering Issue by adanny01(m): 12:00am On Oct 09, 2021
ArticleBeast:
I have an honda hennessey or baby boy 2002 model. Of recent I have noticed that the power steering was making some sort of whining noise and pump gets quite hot (like hot). And even this afternoon, the fluid was boiling and overflowing from the plastic cup holder.

Please what is the likely cause of the issue. I don’t want to jump into buying pumps or changing racks. Please help

Foaming is a suction leak issue. That means the pump sucks oil and air. Air is not supposed to be in the system.

Its either the suction pipe is broken or the suction seal is bad.
Re: Power Steering Issue by slimmoney(m): 6:45am On Oct 09, 2021
ArticleBeast:

u have air in the system bleed it out, park the car and off the ignition, open the reservoir cover then u start turning the steering from one end to other, do that for 10 minutes then start the car and continue for 5 minutes, u will notice bubbles coming out of the oil, those are the air u have in ur system coming out.

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Pump Control For Highlander 2017 & 2018 / Year 2000 Foreign Used XLE Sienna For Sale At 2.35m Negotiable / Jetta 2007 1.6L Fsi Manual Intact Like Belgium 4 Sale Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.