Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,012 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX (41017 Views)

The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars / How Do I Press Charges Against A Bullion Van Who Damaged My Car. / Forex, Border Control Soar Prices Of Fairly Used Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX by Rugaria: 1:25pm On Oct 09, 2021
Buhari thinks he is dealing with the "ubiquitous middlemen" by adding all sorts of charges to destroy the businesses of those engaged with the importation of basic essentials into the country. As an importer, the best way to deal with every arbitrarily added charges by the government to imported goods is to skilfully add the new running cost to your selling price. Chekinaa.. The nation suffers inflation as a result. We go dey alright Las Las..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX by HolyStriker(m): 1:27pm On Oct 09, 2021
grin grin grin
Lastly Na horse I go buy. 10 horsepower

6 Likes

Re: Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX by googlepikins: 1:27pm On Oct 09, 2021
This old man call Buhari is god sent, after him we need Tinubu to take over

2 Likes

Re: Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX by Kokomo: 1:28pm On Oct 09, 2021
PAWG:
It’s only in Nigeria that 2006 corolla would be more expensive than 2012 Audi undecided

Corolla is seen more as an asset, when used for ehailing. Well Engineered, little or no known electrical issues, durable and easy to find parts and skilled technicians. I don't think Audi would be viewed in the same way. But to someone looking for luxury and performace, sure deal.

6 Likes

Re: Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX by Lawmak: 1:29pm On Oct 09, 2021
CelestineNelson:
On top secondhand car ...Na im news long like this? Haba...
You will not understand. You are not a business man.

6 Likes

Re: Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX by alphaNomega: 1:29pm On Oct 09, 2021
Promxy94:
Wow, the government should please do something to, ease the suffering of the masses and improve the life of the common man in the society.
it's like you don't know Nigeria government. All their policies are deliberately designed to keep everyone poor

8 Likes

Re: Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX by Kobicove(m): 1:29pm On Oct 09, 2021
ENGINEERG:
Buhari is a curse to humanity

You can say that again!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX by Danjikanbauchi: 1:30pm On Oct 09, 2021
Mohammadu Buhari is a Devil.

3 Likes

Re: Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX by rolams(m): 1:30pm On Oct 09, 2021
Go and buy Innoson motor na!
Re: Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX by Culdisbelove: 1:32pm On Oct 09, 2021
Naira oh naira what a painful death.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX by SonofDevil: 1:34pm On Oct 09, 2021
Promxy94:
Wow, the government should please do something to, ease the suffering of the masses and improve the life of the common man in the society.
what does buying of car have to do with masses
Re: Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX by Scottz: 1:35pm On Oct 09, 2021
I de look for big daddy or Honda
1.3/1.4m
Re: Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX by proclinician: 1:37pm On Oct 09, 2021
I bought my 2 months used lexus es @ 1.3 last year, this year a buyer came with 1.7m but I no wan sell.

4 Likes

Re: Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX by SarkinYarki: 1:38pm On Oct 09, 2021
The Fulani people don't want southerner to drive good cars

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 09, 2021
We go still buy am.

3 Likes

Re: Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX by YourFavorite21(m): 1:41pm On Oct 09, 2021
Na person wey chop belleful, and then pay children school fees, dey think of car now. It is well.
Re: Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX by humilitypays(m): 1:44pm On Oct 09, 2021
debaj10:
in short,
use your Legedese Benz
dis Christmas eh?
hmm...

https://guardian.ng/news/used-vehicle-prices-soar-over-freight-clearing-charges-fx/

gazzuzz, how e go be? undecided
whoever wrote this report is a drunkard.

Lexus 350 doesn't have 2006 model. Lexus 350 started in 2007, 330 stopped 2006.

Lexus 330 2005 tokunbo sold for 1.9million in the past, which past please

Lexus 330 2005 model tokunbo was never below 3million. And the current tokunbo price now is 4million to 4.7million while 2006 is between 4million to 5million.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX by ozome15(m): 1:44pm On Oct 09, 2021
Promxy94:
The masses should stand up for our wellbeing, until we all tell our self that we should get better then what we are getting now. I dont we are

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX by Octopusssy(f): 1:44pm On Oct 09, 2021
I hate this shithole
Re: Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX by Theunbothered: 1:46pm On Oct 09, 2021
Promxy94:

After six years cheesy grin
Re: Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX by Presido95: 1:49pm On Oct 09, 2021
somebody02:
Someone I know bought a 9ja used CRV-2005 model in 2018 for 800k, well maintained and kept clean, now he's reselling for 1.3M.
My ish is, something of such should be a depreciating asset, but you'd know the country is bleeped when depreciating asset is appreciating.
You see, with the rubbish way this government has handled this country, anyone that has hope in Nigeria should be given a medal. They should just sell this country.

4 Likes

Re: Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX by boom99(m): 1:49pm On Oct 09, 2021
Make person advice me on wetin I go do for this country to remain afloat. People are sinking
Re: Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX by debaj10: 1:51pm On Oct 09, 2021
bros,
just post dis comment for dia SM pages, make d fight stat! grin
humilitypays:
whoever wrote this report is a drunkard.

Lexus 350 doesn't have 2006 model. Lexus 350 started in 2007, 330 stopped 2006.

Lexus 330 2005 tokunbo sold for 1.9million in the past, which past please

Lexus 330 2005 model tokunbo was never below 3million. And the current tokunbo price now is 4million to 4.7million while 2006 is between 4million to 5million.
Re: Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX by loswhite(m): 1:51pm On Oct 09, 2021
Lovenorth:
It is a global thing, just get money
once north is added just know it is backward thinking.
Re: Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX by Nackzy: 1:55pm On Oct 09, 2021
God will Punuish Buhari and all his Supporters
Re: Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX by Rickylambert: 1:57pm On Oct 09, 2021
Scottz:
I de look for big daddy or Honda
1.3/1.4m
Were is ur Location
Chat me up 08117040644
Re: Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX by Lovenorth: 1:57pm On Oct 09, 2021
loswhite:
once north is added just know it is backward thinking.
Lowlife tout
Re: Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX by jarrot(m): 1:58pm On Oct 09, 2021
somebody02:
Someone I know bought a 9ja used CRV-2005 model in 2018 for 800k, well maintained and kept clean, now he's reselling for 1.3M.
My ish is, something of such should be a depreciating asset, but you'd know the country is bleeped when depreciating asset is appreciating.

My brother liability has turned asset. Buying a 12-15 years old car at such a price and start posting whip alert on status grin

3 Likes

Re: Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX by WaffenSS(m): 1:59pm On Oct 09, 2021
Can't believe that even the Guardian is using flimsy names for cars. Honda EOD? Seriously? How unprofessional.

Cars are known by their brand names and model years, as in the rest of the article.

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Secondhand 'Tokunbo' Vehicles Soar Over Freight, Clearing Charges, FX by bayelsaowei(m): 2:02pm On Oct 09, 2021
I will continue to drive the car I have until Nigeria grows sense...

Charges all over the place and hiked for that matter...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station / Change Your Name, Twitter User To Innoson (PHOTO) / PHOTOS: Popular Abu Made Car Being Towed with Another Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.