Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,833 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

My New Career Journey Has Started. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My New Career Journey Has Started. (644 Views)

This Happened In My New Work Place. Please advice / New Career In Nursing Or Further In Business Admin / From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My New Career Journey Has Started. by Ovo200: 4:57pm On Oct 09, 2021
So in my earlier post I said I wanted to learn cyber security, thank God a nairalander gave me a link on where to study the course. I got my laptop recently and I decided to go for python programming first before diving into cyber security. I already bought the course on udemy and I have started today.

So I will keep you guys updated on my growth.
Any advice is warmly welcomed

But it's data consuming (course on udemy)

1 Like

Re: My New Career Journey Has Started. by Olumighty123(m): 6:10pm On Oct 09, 2021
Goodluck to you
Re: My New Career Journey Has Started. by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:46pm On Oct 09, 2021
I am curious. When you finish watching that Udemy course what is the next thing you are going to do?
Re: My New Career Journey Has Started. by Ovo200: 6:50pm On Oct 09, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
I am curious. When you finish watching that Udemy course what is the next thing you are going to do?

Can you believe I have been on your timeline since Friday?
Just to broaden my knowledge and maybe apply it for cyber security or better still get a job first.

Or what do you advise?
Re: My New Career Journey Has Started. by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:03pm On Oct 09, 2021
Ovo200:

Can you believe I have been on your timeline since Friday?
Just to broaden my knowledge and maybe apply it for cyber security or better still get a job first.

Or what do you advise?
Bros me I no dey sugarcoat am. Follow this plan of yours and you will be nowhere in a year. This coding thing is a double edged sword. It's easy to make a living from it and it's also easy to waste your life with it. I have some threads but honestly go online and research very well because I am not sure you have done enough research to take the path you want to take.
Re: My New Career Journey Has Started. by Ovo200: 7:13pm On Oct 09, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Bros me I no dey sugarcoat am. Follow this plan of yours and you will be nowhere in a year. This coding thing is a double edged sword. It's easy to make a living from it and it's also easy to waste your life with it.I have some threads but honestly go online and research very well because I am not sure you have done enough research to take the path you want to take.

I'm surely willing to learn, why did you say that at the former bro?
Re: My New Career Journey Has Started. by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:19pm On Oct 09, 2021
Ovo200:

I'm surely willing to learn, why did you say that at the former bro?
Bros you are just learning a programming language. What's the end goal? You said you want to apply it to cybersecurity. How is python applied to cybersecurity. Where are the jobs? Are there certifications I need to acquire to get these jobs. These are questions you need to ask yourself O before you come and start lamenting on nairaland in six months time. Research before committing yourself to something so you don't waste time.

3 Likes

Re: My New Career Journey Has Started. by Ovo200: 7:28pm On Oct 09, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Bros you are just learning a programming language. What's the end goal? You said you want to apply it to cybersecurity. How is python applied to cybersecurity. Where are the jobs? Are there certifications I need to acquire to get these jobs. These are questions you need to ask yourself O before you come and start lamenting on nairaland in six months time. Research before committing yourself to something so you don't waste time.

The end goal is
1) To acquire knowledge about programming
2) To land a job

About the job
Following your post you don't believe that web design is saturated
There are a lot of job opening for cyber security
For cyber security, I will be studying it from IBM, IBM cyber security analyst

What do you think?
Re: My New Career Journey Has Started. by CrazyMan(m): 7:29pm On Oct 09, 2021
Good luck...I wish you the best.
Re: My New Career Journey Has Started. by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:33pm On Oct 09, 2021
Ovo200:

The end goal is
1) To acquire knowledge about programming
2) To land a job

About the job
Following your post you don't believe that web design is saturated
There are a lot of job opening for cyber security
For cyber security, I will be studying it from IBM, IBM cyber security analyst

What do you think?
If you have done your research and you are convinced that theres a lot of work then carry on.
Re: My New Career Journey Has Started. by Ovo200: 7:36pm On Oct 09, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

If you have done your research and you are convinced that theres a lot of work then carry on.

Thanks bro
What are your advice bro?
You are already in the game bro
Re: My New Career Journey Has Started. by The5DME(m): 7:40pm On Oct 09, 2021
Ovo200:

Thanks bro
What are your advice bro?
You are already in the game bro

Avoid cyber security. It's not a field for juniors. There's are no entry level jobs, and the certifications are pretty expensive.
Re: My New Career Journey Has Started. by Ovo200: 7:57pm On Oct 09, 2021
The5DME:

Avoid cyber security. It's not a field for juniors. There's are no entry level jobs, and the certifications are pretty expensive.

Re: My New Career Journey Has Started. by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 09, 2021
If it is cyber security you want to do, go on. Everybody mustn't be PHP developer.
If you are still a student, it is a plus because you are still under your parent. Just ensure you are good at it.
Re: My New Career Journey Has Started. by kennethfranc(m): 10:26pm On Oct 09, 2021
@OP nah the normal Gra Gra dey worry you.... Last last you go dey alright

Elders in the biz dey advise you now but u no wan hear. Forget all these sugar coated stories u read. When you read stories of how they hack their girlfriend's WhatsApp and also how they where able to hack access bank, u go just dey assume say u deduct #100 from each customer... vuum u are made grin.... Nah wash!

Oga am not saying you can't make it but people who started the way u did mostly got stranded and gave up.

Research properly

(1) (Reply)

Fiverr, Upwork Freelancing Course For N15,500 / Where Is Mour President? / Read This If You'd Have To Write A Company's Test Soon.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.