Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue (2755 Views)

Need Advice: Lexus ES330 2006 Vs Honda Accord 2011 Vs Toyota Camry 2010 / Help! 2AZ-FE Engine Issue / GMC Terrain 2011 Engine Refused To Start After Engine Change (2) (3) (4)

Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue by asomix22: 6:43pm On Oct 09, 2021
Good evening.
I changed my Honda Accord Engine this year. After about 2 months coming back from a road trip, the engine knocked. A mechanic said the knock is due to the oil pump not supplying.

I got a new engine 2 weeks afters and in less than two weeks, i was hearing a noise from the car, so i chacked and someone said its the adjuster that is making noise.

The mechanic now came to pick the car with thr hope of changing the adjuster. After changing it, the noise persisted. That lead to the mechanic checking the engine and upon checking, the Camshaft was bad. Again, the mechanic said the oil pump failed and that was what led to the damage.

I will like to understand the likely cause. Two engines in less than 4 months.

Please note that i used different mechanics to install the two engines.
Re: Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue by Conner44: 7:31pm On Oct 09, 2021
Your engine has how many plugs

Re: Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:25pm On Oct 09, 2021
Wow, I'm sorry about that. That can be a lot to deal with. No contribution to this, just want to sympathize with you. Let's wait for the gurus

Re: Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue by homeboy205: 8:26pm On Oct 09, 2021
asomix22:
Good evening.
I changed my Honda Accord Engine this year. After about 2 months coming back from a road trip, the engine knocked. A mechanic said the knock is due to the oil pump not supplying.

I got a new engine 2 weeks afters and in less than two weeks, i was hearing a noise from the car, so i chacked and someone said its the adjuster that is making noise.

The mechanic now came to pick the car with thr hope of changing the adjuster. After changing it, the noise persisted. That lead to the mechanic checking the engine and upon checking, the Camshaft was bad. Again, the mechanic said the oil pump failed and that was what led to the damage.

Maybe na wrong oil you Dey use undecided
Re: Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue by Dozieson(m): 8:54pm On Oct 09, 2021
asomix22:
Good evening.

Why not look at the dashboard and scan also. If it is oil pressure, you will see the sign on the dashboard. How did the mechanic knows the camshaft was bad? Google and YouTube is there to help out too. Don't just buy any talk from a mechanic hook, line and sinker. Every car owner should try and get a scanner pere!

Re: Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue by dru23(m): 8:55pm On Oct 09, 2021
asomix22:
Good evening.

This oil pump issue can be many. The oil pump issues can depend on the oil you are using . 2011 cars might not be able to tolerate thicker oil.........

The use of thicker oil like 20w50 can cause great damage to your oil pump. Due to the thickness of oil, your oil pump was not able to pump enough oil to lubricate the moving parts of the engine... In that situation you will need to replace the oil pump, not fix it but replace totally.......

Since you keep changing engine. It is very important to check for sludge anytime you buying new engine. You should have a mechanic open the engine cover to check for sludge.......

Times are hard now, it is very difficult to get parts due to the high dollar rate . meaning u will more than likely run into naija used engines package as tokunbo engine.........

I do run Honda civics 2003 to 2005 on uber. I can have my mechanic take a look at it for you. His job is to give his opinion on what might be wrong. But I don't want to get involve in him fixing the car .... He can only give his assessment only.......

Reach me at dru23@hotmail.com . To see how I can better assist you .

When sending me an email title it Honda Accord oil pump issue.. I get lots of email daily so I know which ones are important......

Re: Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue by Dozieson(m): 8:55pm On Oct 09, 2021
I don't give my car to any mechanic without scanning
Re: Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue by xperiencelove(m): 9:01pm On Oct 09, 2021
I hope you are not using 20W 50 oil? That oil is oil pump killer. It is too tick for such engine. The time that oil affects different engines only differs.

Re: Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue by asomix22: 9:50pm On Oct 09, 2021
4 plugs
Conner44:
Your engine has how many plugs
Re: Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue by asomix22: 9:59pm On Oct 09, 2021
Thank you
dru23:

This oil pump issue can be many. The oil pump issues can depend on the oil you are using . 2011 cars might not be able to tolerate thicker oil.........

The use of thicker oil like 20w50 can cause great damage to your oil pump. Due to the thickness of oil, your oil pump was not able to pump enough oil to lubricate the moving parts of the engine... In that situation you will need to replace the oil pump, not fix it but replace totally.......

Since you keep changing engine. It is very important to check for sludge anytime you buying new engine. You should have a mechanic open the engine cover to check for sludge.......

Times are hard now, it is very difficult to get parts due to the high dollar rate . meaning u will more than likely run into naija used engines package as tokunbo engine.........

I do run Honda civics 2003 to 2005 on uber. I can have my mechanic take a look at it for you. His job is to give his opinion on what might be wrong. But I don't want to get involve in him fixing the car .... He can only give his assessment only.......

Reach me at dru23@hotmail.com . To see how I can better assist you .

When sending me an email title it Honda Accord oil pump issue.. I get lots of email daily so I know which ones are important......

Re: Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue by Conner44: 12:46pm On Oct 10, 2021
asomix22:
4 plugs

Honda four plugs engines are bullet proof especially the ones from 2003-2012. If you actually serviced your engine and before you drove up to a few hundred miles your engine knocked it must be because of a failure with your oil pump especially if you had no leaks at your seals or drain bolt.

When driving always keep an eye on your temperature and oil pressure indicators in your cluster. Before anything that affects your engine happens one of these two indicators must warn you.

Buy another engine half and top and use then be watchful. Use recommended oil ad service on schedule.

Re: Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue by asomix22: 3:33pm On Oct 10, 2021
Thank you very much. None of the light came up again this time. However, the engine oil light came on, when the car engine knocked the first time.
Conner44:

Honda four plugs engines are bullet proof especially the ones from 2003-2012. If you actually serviced your engine and before you drove up to a few hundred miles your engine knocked it must be because of a failure with your oil pump especially if you had no leaks at your seals or drain bolt.

When driving always keep an eye on your temperature and oil pressure indicators in your cluster. Before anything that affects your engine happens one of these two indicators must warn you.

Buy another engine half and top and use then be watchful. Use recommended oil ad service on schedule.
Re: Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue by Dozieson(m): 5:30pm On Oct 10, 2021
asomix22:
Thank you very much. None of the light came up again this time. However, the engine oil light came on, when the car engine knocked the first time.

Then the problem is not oil pump. It will always show that sign except they have tampered with it
Re: Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 10, 2021
Dozieson:

Then the problem is not oil pump. It will always show that sign except they have tampered with it

Hello namesake, where can I get the car scanner?

Any link?
Re: Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue by autologic: 8:16pm On Oct 10, 2021
theForth:

Any link?
Scanner to do what ? Scan oil pump grin.
U better look for a more competent technician to do a thorough investigation and test.
Re: Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 10, 2021
autologic:

U better look for a more competent technician to do a thorough investigation and test.

He knows what I am asking for.
Re: Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue by Dozieson(m): 8:09am On Oct 11, 2021
autologic:

you need a scanner to scan your car when you see any check light
for oil pump, you will see the symbol on your instrument cluster
Re: Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue by Dozieson(m): 8:11am On Oct 11, 2021
theForth:

Any link?

check jiji. just type obd 2 bluetooth scanner
Re: Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 11, 2021
Dozieson:

check jiji. just type obd 2 bluetooth scanner

Thanks bro.
Re: Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue by autologic: 11:13am On Oct 11, 2021
Dozieson:

you need a scanner to scan your car when you see any check light
for oil pump, you will see the symbol on your instrument cluster

Scanner is useless on this case o ,u need more advance tools and this is beyond diy
Re: Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue by Dozieson(m): 12:45pm On Oct 11, 2021
autologic:

Scanner is useless on this case o ,u need more advance tools and this is beyond diy

Read my statement again. I said a scanner is needed when there is check engine light. For oil pressure issue, the instrument cluster will show the sign

Re: Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue by KayWills(m): 11:41pm On Aug 02, 2022
Tell dem!

Dozieson:

Why not look at the dashboard and scan also. If it is oil pressure, you will see the sign on the dashboard. How did the mechanic knows the camshaft was bad? Google and YouTube is there to help out too. Don't just buy any talk from a mechanic hook, line and sinker. Every car owner should try and get a scanner pere!
Re: Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue by adanny01(m): 9:45pm On Aug 03, 2022
asomix22:
Good evening.

Re: Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue by Angrygoat: 3:10pm On Aug 04, 2022
Aluminium engine bullet proof. It's obvious u don't own a car
Conner44:

Re: Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue by Conner44: 3:50pm On Aug 04, 2022
Angrygoat:
Aluminium engine bullet proof. It's obvious u don't own a car

What am I using a full car to do when I can simply own only the engine undecided

Re: Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue by Angrygoat: 3:52pm On Aug 04, 2022
The only bullet proof engine is cast iron engine. Ask anyone.if u like use wrong oil for engine. It can never burn or over heat,unless radiator dey leak. Ask anyone.
Conner44:

What am I using a full car to do when I can simply own only the engine undecided

Re: Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue by Conner44: 3:56pm On Aug 04, 2022
Angrygoat:
The only bullet proof engine is iron cast engine. Ask anyone.if u like use wrong oil for engine. It can never burn or over heat,unless radiator dey leak. Ask anyone.

Forget aluminum or cast iron, even if you like use titanium engine, once you don’t maintain it properly it will kpafuka wink
Re: Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue by Angrygoat: 3:59pm On Aug 04, 2022
Lailai,unless na engine components like piston,rings,valves,camshaft. Iron cast engine nondey spoil. Set awon land cruiser, fj cruiser
Conner44:

Forget aluminum or cast iron, even if you like use titanium engine, once you don’t maintain it properly it will kpafuka wink
Re: Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue by Angrygoat: 4:00pm On Aug 04, 2022
How to know if you car breaks down and u can push it from front,na aluminium engine.
Re: Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue by Conner44: 4:06pm On Aug 04, 2022
Angrygoat:
Lailai,unless na engine components like piston,rings,valves,camshaft. Iron cast engine nondey spoil. Set awon land cruiser, fj cruiser

So the only time you believe an engine is spoilt is when the cylinder walls get scoured or the engine block has a hole in it?
Re: Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue by Angrygoat: 4:10pm On Aug 04, 2022
Iron cast is the way forward. Petrol or diesel. Most cars now na aluminium.
Conner44:

So the only time you believe an engine is spoilt is when the cylinder walls get scoured or the engine block has a hole in it?
Re: Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue by Conner44: 4:15pm On Aug 04, 2022
Angrygoat:
Iron cast is the way forward . Petrol or diesel. Most cars now na aluminium.

Isn’t electric was the way forward? undecided i thought most cars now we’re switching to it.

Please Which Among These Cars Should I Go For? / Symptoms Of A Bad Or Failing Mass Airflow (MAF) Sensor / Let' Bring Your DEAD, Epileptic Or Problematic Car Back To Life (car Hospital)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49