Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Help!!my Mazda Tribute Is Sick And Needs Helps ASAP - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help!!my Mazda Tribute Is Sick And Needs Helps ASAP (3010 Views)

My Mazda 626 Refused To Start / Gear Issue On My Mazda Mpv / Pls Help, My Mazda With Electrical Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!my Mazda Tribute Is Sick And Needs Helps ASAP by wurdz: 11:05pm On Dec 18, 2012
My mazda tribute(same engine and build as a ford escape) started stalling a while back when acceleratin and makin a 'tututututu' sound before picking up a while back...the throttle body was cleaned and this took care of the stallin but the 'tututu' sound while revvin remained needless to say, it started consuming fuel seriously.......so I took it to this dude who works with briscoe/ford and he said we nid to change all spark plugs and service the injector nozzle......

We did that and then the car got worse.....it started hardstarting when the engine is cold and losing power in its first 10-20 mins of drivin.....we also changed the fuel pump but things didn't get any better......took it for a scan (with another automech) and got the P0301....(cylinder 1 misfiring), We swapped coils with cylinder 4.... Drove it around and got a P0304 the coil was changed and the we got a P0301 again.....

Now I have changed fuel pump, filter, plugs and serviced the injector nozzles yet the situation persists..to make matters worse, I noticed the auxillary gear lights now blink constantly....

any ideas on what next to do or who can recommend a very reliable mechanic to help look at it....

The mech who scanned was suggestin an ECU replacement but I seriously doubt if this is the case...
Re: Help!!my Mazda Tribute Is Sick And Needs Helps ASAP by cretin: 11:52am On Dec 19, 2012
the coil u swapped points to the fact that that particular coil is bad..................y didnt u replace it??!!
Re: Help!!my Mazda Tribute Is Sick And Needs Helps ASAP by wurdz: 12:22pm On Dec 19, 2012
It was replaced......but problems persists....
Re: Help!!my Mazda Tribute Is Sick And Needs Helps ASAP by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 19, 2012
wurdz: It was replaced......but problems persists....

Bro...was the replacement coil a NEW one, or used? Random / multiple misfire on an automatic will cause erratic shifts, and you'll get transmission fault codes (despite there being none).
Re: Help!!my Mazda Tribute Is Sick And Needs Helps ASAP by wurdz: 10:25pm On Dec 19, 2012
Thanks at Siena.....it was used...getting new parts here in Nigeria is hard and gettin Mazda/ford parts even harder.....

So I can be rest assured the auxillary light flashing will stop once the cylinders stop misfiring?
Re: Help!!my Mazda Tribute Is Sick And Needs Helps ASAP by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 21, 2012
wurdz: Thanks at Siena.....it was used...getting new parts here in Nigeria is hard and gettin Mazda/ford parts even harder.....

So I can be rest assured the auxillary light flashing will stop once the cylinders stop misfiring?

A used coilpack is not worth buying, they're fragile.

As per your question - you have a misfire, no doubts there. So of course, that needs rectification. Automatic transmission shifts need a smooth-running engine, otherwise the shifts will be erratic.
Re: Help!!my Mazda Tribute Is Sick And Needs Helps ASAP by wurdz: 10:52am On Dec 28, 2012
@ Siena..thanks a lot and sorry for the late response (I have been out of town)...

I do not know where to get new coils.....and is there a way to know if I have a fuel pump with the right pressure as the car now jerks( after replacing the one in it initially ) in motion....

@others, who knows a very good mechanic with the right tools that I can take the car to?

Seasons greetings to you all....
Re: Help!!my Mazda Tribute Is Sick And Needs Helps ASAP by wurdz: 8:03pm On Jan 02, 2013
Still no help people?

*sighs
Re: Help!!my Mazda Tribute Is Sick And Needs Helps ASAP by OJtech2(m): 7:01pm On Jan 04, 2013
your od light flashes because the missfiring is seroius, as soon as it is rectify, that will stop. as for the missfirin, ensure that the coils are place, correctly. if you need personal help, call 07081583525.
Re: Help!!my Mazda Tribute Is Sick And Needs Helps ASAP by neuronin: 5:14pm On Jan 06, 2013
I drive a Mazda Tribute (good SUV) and I have had my own fair share of troubles though different from yours.
There is only one place I would recommend to you: The Automedics group. They have about 3 constituent garages around Lagos. I used Dr Ben's garage at Morrison Avenue, Ikeja.
I STRONGLY recommend you use this kind of upscale garage
Roadside,jack-rack-tom-straw mechanics almost destroyed my Tribute, DO NOT PATRONIZE THEM, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
Re: Help!!my Mazda Tribute Is Sick And Needs Helps ASAP by wurdz: 10:40pm On Jan 06, 2013
neuronin: I drive a Mazda Tribute (good SUV) and I have had my own fair share of troubles though different from yours.
There is only one place I would recommend to you: The Automedics group. They have about 3 constituent garages around Lagos. I used Dr Ben's garage at Morrison Avenue, Ikeja.
I STRONGLY recommend you use this kind of upscale garage
Roadside,jack-rack-tom-straw mechanics almost destroyed my Tribute, DO NOT PATRONIZE THEM, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
Thanks for the heads up...can you please give me a number or descriptions as to how to locate their garages or at least, the one u patronize.....
Re: Help!!my Mazda Tribute Is Sick And Needs Helps ASAP by Tobiizzy(m): 10:58pm On Jan 06, 2013
automedics group
automaze is in oregun ikeja morrison cresent
there is aav inside ltv complex agidingbi ikeja
Re: Help!!my Mazda Tribute Is Sick And Needs Helps ASAP by neuronin: 2:28pm On Jan 08, 2013
wurdz:
Thanks for the heads up...can you please give me a number or descriptions as to how to locate their garages or at least, the one u patronize.....

Automaze 08026883434
Automedics, 08038292296, 08057777961
Good luck
Re: Help!!my Mazda Tribute Is Sick And Needs Helps ASAP by dandollar1: 5:13pm On Jan 08, 2013
Please does dis automaze and automedic deal with other brands like honda or they specialize only on mazda?

I have some error code on a honda accord that needs to be fixed.Has to do with the 02 sensor.can they fix it?

(1) (Reply)

2000 Camry Palava / What Model Of Car Can I Buy For 1.2m To Us For Uber / I Want To Fill My Car AC, Which Of The AC Product Is The Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.