Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,004 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

New Nations Will Arise. However, Why Don't Nigerians Like Southerners. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Nations Will Arise. However, Why Don't Nigerians Like Southerners. (1351 Views)

When Will Arise Tv Discuss Peter Obi Arrest In Uk? / Ooni Of Ife: Politicians Playing Nigerians Like Ludo, They're All The Same / New nations shall soon emerge from Africa.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Nations Will Arise. However, Why Don't Nigerians Like Southerners. by cazchi: 5:29am On Oct 10, 2021
I come in peace. Its quite clear that the Southerners are not liked much in Nigeria. This includes the Anioma-Igbo, Annang, Efik, Ibibio, Idoma/Igede, Igala, Ala-Igbo,Ikwerre-Igbo, Itsekiri, Isoko, Izon, Ogoni and Ihrobo etc.

This hate has been shown not just on the National level, but even on NL. Its inevitable that the Nation will split because a line has been crossed, but lets have a reasonable discussion here for once without insults. Tell me truthfully, what are your grievances with the region and people? Also, since you have such, why are you so against the departure of people that you hate so much?

I'll start. My grievances with North is that they are not competitive in so many areas yet they remain adamant that they must rule. Even with the Power, they still use it to oppress and spread an agenda.

With the West. They are brilliant and educated, however, I'm not a fan of the way they play. They are neither here nor there. This makes me not want to relate much with them because i don't know where they stand.

In saying that, I'll gladly accept if these regions wanted to separate from me. Self-Determination is a right everyone has. It's unfortunate they won't do the same for me.

2 Likes

Re: New Nations Will Arise. However, Why Don't Nigerians Like Southerners. by helinues: 6:13am On Oct 10, 2021
Yhen Yhen Yhen

Do southerners love themselves?
Re: New Nations Will Arise. However, Why Don't Nigerians Like Southerners. by favour32(m): 6:26am On Oct 10, 2021
Northerners love themselves.
That is why the kidnapping business is so lucrative in the North because they love themselves.

10 Likes

Re: New Nations Will Arise. However, Why Don't Nigerians Like Southerners. by Nobody: 6:35am On Oct 10, 2021
helinues:
Yhen Yhen Yhen

The north..... Mostly think from the bottom of their head

1 Like

Re: New Nations Will Arise. However, Why Don't Nigerians Like Southerners. by helinues: 6:35am On Oct 10, 2021
ezenwajosh:

The north..... Mostly think from the bottom of their head

The southerners that have been thinking from their head, how developed are they?
Re: New Nations Will Arise. However, Why Don't Nigerians Like Southerners. by cazchi: 7:03am On Oct 10, 2021
helinues:
Yhen Yhen Yhen

cazchi:
Tell me truthfully, what are your grievances with the region and people? Also, since you have such, why are you so against the departure of people that you hate so much?
Re: New Nations Will Arise. However, Why Don't Nigerians Like Southerners. by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 10, 2021
helinues:

The southerners that have been thinking from their head, how developed are they?

I don't know travel and see
Re: New Nations Will Arise. However, Why Don't Nigerians Like Southerners. by adefitim(m): 7:04am On Oct 10, 2021
PMB and VP

Re: New Nations Will Arise. However, Why Don't Nigerians Like Southerners. by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 10, 2021
Breaking nigeria up will take time and resources.... probably 25 years of strategic planning and positioning.

All you have to do is break the Northerners hold on the military and their voting power. The power of the north is in the ballot box and their army plus alot of diabolical shit, and it's not like they don't have saboteurs but they know how to punish them.

Igbos want biafra, but they also want to annex oil rich south south and don't want to leave lagos, it's why some of them are pushing southern nigeria nonsense. The whole agitation isn't sincere.

Yorubas need their own nation but are either too ignorant or self serving to know. Post 2023 will determine alot about the agitation.

South south groups know if nigeria splits that they won't survive on their own but are skeptical of joining a biafra or oduduwa for fear of domination... majority of them support restructuring but are against succession.

Mid belt groups are in similar situation with south south groups.

1 Like

Re: New Nations Will Arise. However, Why Don't Nigerians Like Southerners. by cazchi: 7:41am On Oct 10, 2021
WesternOligarch:
Breaking nigeria up will take time and resources.... probably 25 years of strategic planning and positioning.

All you have to do is break the Northerners hold on the military and their voting power. The power of the north is in the ballot box and their army plus alot of diabolical shit, and it's not like they don't have saboteurs but they know how to punish them.

Igbos want biafra, but they also want to annex oil rich south south and don't want to leave lagos, it's why some of them are pushing southern nigeria nonsense. The whole agitation isn't sincere.

Yorubas need their own nation but are either too ignorant or self serving to know. Post 2023 will determine alot about the agitation.

South south groups know if nigeria splits that they won't survive on their own but are skeptical of joining a biafra or oduduwa for fear of domination... majority of them support restructuring but are against succession.

Mid belt groups are in similar situation with south south groups.

Thanks for being civil! Fair points raised. The Northerners we know, won't give up power. It is the only field they dominate. PDP and APC are one and hence we have the illusion of choice. No independent can run in Nigeria, so you must join these parties and then get endorsed by them first to have any hope of Leading. This is why the PVC is just a smoke screen.

About the Niger Delta. I don't think it's a question about whether they want to be with Biafra or Oduduwa. Its simply a cultural and geographical matter. A chunk of the region has cultural ties to the Igbos, a chunk to the Yorubas. The group in between will have to decide where their interests are better served. I say this because the Biafrans in their Fundamental Principles document have stated that true Federalism will exist. Meaning the Niger Delta region will control its resources and people, teach in the language etc, while other regions do the same. This defeats the "domination" argument. Its baffling how many people have been swayed by Nigerian propaganda that says otherwise. I haven't seen the rule book of the Oduduwans.

I agree with you on the 2023 point being a deciding factor, however, it might not last that long depending on how Buhari and his govenrment handle MNK and Igboho's matter this year.
It will not take 25 years as i see this break as very imminent. Nigeria has escalated the issue to the point that its on everyone's mind. The noble thing to do is call a referendum to really hear the voice of the people. It was done in the case of whether part of Cameroon wanted to be in Nigeria or not in 1961. Why not now?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Nations Will Arise. However, Why Don't Nigerians Like Southerners. by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 10, 2021
cazchi:

Thanks for being civil! Fair points raised. The Northerners we know, won't give up power. It is the only field they dominate. PDP and APC are one and hence we have the illusion of choice. No independent can run in Nigeria, so you must join these parties and then get endorsed by them first to have any hope of Leading. This is why the PVC is just a smoke screen.

About the Niger Delta. I don't think it's a question about whether they want to be with Biafra or Oduduwa. Its simply a cultural and geographical matter. A chunk of the region has cultural ties to the Igbos, a chunk to the Yorubas. The group in between will have to decide where their interests are better served. I say this because the Biafrans in their Fundamental Principles document have stated that true Federalism will exist. Meaning the Niger Delta region will control its resources and people, teach in the language etc, while other regions do the same. This defeats the "domination" argument. Its baffling how many people have been swayed by Nigerian propaganda that says otherwise. I haven't seen the rule book of the Oduduwans.

I agree with you on the 2023 point being a deciding factor, however, it might not last that long depending on how Buhari and his govenrment handle MNK and Igboho's matter this year.
It will not take 25 years as i see this break as very imminent. Nigeria has escalated the issue to the point that its on everyone's mind. The noble thing to do is call a referendum to really hear the voice of the people. It was done in the case of whether part of Cameroon wanted to be in Nigeria or not in 1961. Why not now?

I'd try to make it short....

PVC isn't a smoke screen at it's the lie being sold to enemies of the south to enforce political aparthy in the region. Most southerners really don't partake in the electoral process but make the loudest voice. Ekiti state last election registered less than a million votes, the last senatorial election in the east recorded 5% voter turnout, how can you get good reps with 5% of the population are the ones doing the voting. You may not be able to get the presidency but you can get the senator or rep you want.

To your last paragraph....you seem to think that the breakup of nigeria will happen naturally...no it won't, and if you're not careful it may never happen....Nigerians are lazy, forgetful and are sentimental, once a southern president comes it would be business as usual for another 8 years then back to northern continuation of tyranny, thus leading to a vicious circle of servitude and gradual extermination of indigineous people and brainwashing of people to destroy their tribal identity in favor of the nigerian project. Plus the vested interest will never watch while their cash cow nigeria breaks into pieces; thus Nigeria may be at heavy war today but I doesn't mean breakup is imminent. It would take years of strategic planning and positioning to actually break nigeria.
Re: New Nations Will Arise. However, Why Don't Nigerians Like Southerners. by SweetiliciousD: 9:41am On Oct 10, 2021
helinues:
Yhen Yhen Yhen

Ask Biafrans that comply with sit at home order and happily wear their national flag.
Re: New Nations Will Arise. However, Why Don't Nigerians Like Southerners. by helinues: 9:42am On Oct 10, 2021
SweetiliciousD:

Ask Biafrans that comply with sit at home order and happily wear their national flag.

Forced sit at home right? Abi why are the Igbos attacking those who are not observing the sit at home?
Re: New Nations Will Arise. However, Why Don't Nigerians Like Southerners. by SweetiliciousD: 9:53am On Oct 10, 2021
helinues:

Forced sit at home right? Abi why are the Igbos attacking those who are not observing the sit at home?

Really
Re: New Nations Will Arise. However, Why Don't Nigerians Like Southerners. by helinues: 9:54am On Oct 10, 2021
SweetiliciousD:

Really

This is not about really, why are the Igbos attacking those who are not observing the sit at home?
Re: New Nations Will Arise. However, Why Don't Nigerians Like Southerners. by SweetiliciousD: 9:56am On Oct 10, 2021
helinues:

This is not about really, why are the Igbos attacking those who are not observing the sit at home?

Have they attacked you or "dem say"?

1 Like

Re: New Nations Will Arise. However, Why Don't Nigerians Like Southerners. by helinues: 9:56am On Oct 10, 2021
SweetiliciousD:

Have they attacked you or "dem say"?

Have Boko Haram attacked you before or Dem say?
Re: New Nations Will Arise. However, Why Don't Nigerians Like Southerners. by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 10, 2021
[quote author=cazchi post=106601354]I come in peace. Its quite clear that the Southerners are not liked much in Nigeria. This includes the Anioma-Igbo, Annang, Efik, Ibibio, Idoma/Igede, Igala, Ala-Igbo,Ikwerre-Igbo, Itsekiri, Isoko, Izon, Ogoni and Ihrobo etc.

This hate has been shown not just on the National level, but even on NL. Its inevitable that the Nation will split because a line has been crossed, but lets have a reasonable discussion here for once without insults. Tell me truthfully, what are your grievances with the region and people? Also, since you have such, why are you so against the departure of people that you hate so much?

What hate? He didn't mention any hate.

With the West. They are brilliant and educated, however, I'm not a fan of the way they play. They are neither here nor there. This makes me not want to relate much with them because i don't know where they stand.

Who are you again?

In saying that, I'll gladly accept if these regions wanted to separate from me. Self-Determination is a right everyone has. It's unfortunate they won't do the same for me.

They should do the same for you. Do what for you?
Re: New Nations Will Arise. However, Why Don't Nigerians Like Southerners. by Kyase(m): 10:02am On Oct 10, 2021
cazchi:
I come in peace. Its quite clear that the Southerners are not liked much in Nigeria. This includes the Anioma-Igbo, Annang, Efik, Ibibio, Idoma/Igede, Igala, Ala-Igbo,Ikwerre-Igbo, Itsekiri, Isoko, Izon, Ogoni and Ihrobo etc.

I'll start. My grievances with North is that they are not competitive in so many areas yet they remain adamant that they must rule. Even with the Power, they still use it to oppress and spread an agenda.

See olodo ba
They are not competitive abi
Please explain competitiveness using the bolded abeg
Re: New Nations Will Arise. However, Why Don't Nigerians Like Southerners. by SweetiliciousD: 10:12am On Oct 10, 2021
helinues:

Have Boko Haram attacked you before or Dem say?

Can you see the crux of the matter?

Boko haram leaders come online with their lethal weapons to claim responsibility for abductions, killings and even disappearance of NA jets, hence they speak for themselves about who they are and need not attack me before I understand what they do.

Have you watched IPOB on video claiming responsibility for all allegations levied against them?

1 Like

Re: New Nations Will Arise. However, Why Don't Nigerians Like Southerners. by cazchi: 10:43am On Oct 10, 2021
WesternOligarch:

I'd try to make it short....

PVC isn't a smoke screen at it's the lie being sold to enemies of the south to enforce political aparthy in the region. Most southerners really don't partake in the electoral process but make the loudest voice. Ekiti state last election registered less than a million votes, the last senatorial election in the east recorded 5% voter turnout, how can you get good reps with 5% of the population are the ones doing the voting. You may not be able to get the presidency but you can get the senator or rep you want.

To your last paragraph....you seem to think that the breakup of nigeria will happen naturally...no it won't, and if you're not careful it may never happen....Nigerians are lazy, forgetful and are sentimental, once a southern president comes it would be business as usual for another 8 years then back to northern continuation of tyranny, thus leading to a vicious circle of servitude and gradual extermination of indigineous people and brainwashing of people to destroy their tribal identity in favor of the nigerian project. Plus the vested interest will never watch while their cash cow nigeria breaks into pieces; thus Nigeria may be at heavy war today but I doesn't mean breakup is imminent. It would take years of strategic planning and positioning to actually break nigeria.

About lack of participation in Elections and the validity of Elections in Nigeria, can anyone explain to what happened in Imo in the last election?
Election in Nigeria is a farce. The referendum will be supervised by UN and NATO forces otherwise it'll also be a farce.

I understand that Abuja and certain powers that be will not allow a clean succession, thats why i believe that they'll be forced to especially now with what the Buhari administration has done. The Government is in a very tight spot. Either true federalism is the outcome of the nation divides.

About the docility of the Nigerian Youth. I think many are still active, but most are concerned more about BBN than their political future. This is because they've given up on the nation. War is not what we want. People will suffer, however, if the Grovernement refuses to listen to any voice of reason, what option do the youth have? We have so many people of military working age and now that the internet is here, these old leaders might be very surprised.

In summary, the next month should be very interesting in Nigeria. Biafra is an Ideology for Biafrans. Oduduwa is starting to be come the same for the Yorubas.
Re: New Nations Will Arise. However, Why Don't Nigerians Like Southerners. by cazchi: 10:45am On Oct 10, 2021
Kyase:

See olodo ba
They are not competitive abi
Please explain competitiveness using the bolded abeg

You are not worthy of a proper response. You're too volatile.
Re: New Nations Will Arise. However, Why Don't Nigerians Like Southerners. by cazchi: 10:46am On Oct 10, 2021
[quote author=TripleOh7 post=106607490][/quote]

You're taking the piss.

1 Like

Re: New Nations Will Arise. However, Why Don't Nigerians Like Southerners. by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 10, 2021
cazchi:

Trash! Igbos along side the Minorities in the South South are Southerners, but Yorubas are Westerners.

Some of you Igbo guys in this politics section are just too dull cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Nations Will Arise. However, Why Don't Nigerians Like Southerners. by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 10, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Trash! Igbos along side the Minorities in the South South are Southerners, but Yorubas are Westerners.

Very dull indeed. I doubt they are 20 yet.
Re: New Nations Will Arise. However, Why Don't Nigerians Like Southerners. by Kyase(m): 10:56am On Oct 10, 2021
cazchi:

You are not worthy of a proper response. You're too volatile.
From chaos begot order
Kyase 2021 cheesy
Re: New Nations Will Arise. However, Why Don't Nigerians Like Southerners. by helinues: 11:20am On Oct 10, 2021
SweetiliciousD:

Can you see the crux of the matter?

Boko haram leaders come online with their lethal weapons to claim responsibility for abductions, killings and even disappearance of NA jets, hence they speak for themselves about who they are and need not attack me before I understand what they do.

Have you watched IPOB on video claiming responsibility for all allegations levied against them?

Igbos have never claimed responsibility for their attacks even though they do brag about how they are going to brought their region into the knee.

So like Boko Haram, Iike Igbos
Re: New Nations Will Arise. However, Why Don't Nigerians Like Southerners. by helinues: 11:21am On Oct 10, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:

As in, as if those people are reasoning with their anus

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Tinubu Can't Get Easter Greetings Poster Right How Can He Fix Nigeria / INVESTIGATION: Buhari Became Terribly Sick After Tinubu's Visit / Tinubu Presidential Ambition In Danger After PDP Win In Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.