Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,933 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

How To Learn A New Language Easier And Faster - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Learn A New Language Easier And Faster (360 Views)

Studying For Waec Can Be Easier And Faster For Your Child With Our Affordable Vi / What New Language Is Best I Learn From These? / Meet 10-year-old Sibahle Zwane Who Solves Maths Faster Than Calculator (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Learn A New Language Easier And Faster by MyGare(f): 8:54am On Oct 10, 2021
Are you currently learning a new language (French, Yoruba, Ibo, Hausa, Chinese, Swahili etc) and wondering how you can make the most of your study time?
Here are 7 tips to help you attain fluency fast.

1. Have a personal interest in your target Language.
Even if your reason for learning a Language is for professional use, try also having a personal love for it. Putting in time and effort to learn a new language can feel like a chore. You wish you could wake up the next day and be fluent. While there is no magical way out, the process can go faster if you are doing something that is of interest.

2. Familiarize yourself with the Language.
Before you start learning, you can get a feel of the language through audio, video, and text. You will be able to pick up new words and get rid of the alien feeling towards the language when you start learning.

3. Learn to pronounce words the right way from the beginning
As you learn new words, learn the right pronunciation from the beginning. Each language has its own rules, learn and follow them.

4. Say it aloud
Speak words aloud as you learn them and repeat as often as you can, even if you are the only one around for ten miles.

5. Practice with a native speaker
Try speaking with others as soon as possible, even if you are only replying with a 'yes' or 'no' to a question. Doing this would boost your confidence, and before you know it, you are trying out sentences.

6. Practice with anyone.
Add new words or phrases into your everyday conversation. You can do this, especially when speaking with friends and family. They won't mind that you do and might even have fun while you are at it.

7. Read books.
Read books and articles written in your desired language as often as you can. When you do, you get a chance to test out what you are learning, thereby reinforcing them. It would also help you learn more or otherwise complex grammatical structures.

More language learning tips at https://gareville.com

Comments and suggestions are welcome
smiley
Re: How To Learn A New Language Easier And Faster by Nackzy: 9:23am On Oct 10, 2021
Nice one, i am trying so heard to learn hausa
Re: How To Learn A New Language Easier And Faster by MyGare(f): 9:47am On Oct 10, 2021
Nackzy:
Nice one, i am trying so heard to learn hausa
Thank you @ Nackzy. I hope these tips help you in your journey.

1 Like

Re: How To Learn A New Language Easier And Faster by HELLASJ(m): 4:09pm On Oct 10, 2021
Great! I'm currently learning french it's really interesting
Re: How To Learn A New Language Easier And Faster by MyGare(f): 6:21pm On Oct 21, 2021
HELLASJ:
Great! I'm currently learning french it's really interesting
Thanks. Yes it is. Learning a new Language can be challenging but totally worth it.

(1) (Reply)

Congratulations On Completion Of Your CITN October 2021 Diet Exams / 5 Feared Dead In UNILORIN Autocrash / National/state Common Entrance Examination Preparatory Tests For Primary 5 And 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.