Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? (25161 Views)

If Your Grandma Slaps Your Mum In Your Presence What Will You Do? / What’s Your Mum’s Favorite Statement When Angry? / Pictures You Can Relate To If Your Mum Is A Typical African Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by zealousayo(m): 7:04pm On Oct 10, 2021
A
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by lasisi69(f): 7:04pm On Oct 10, 2021
tongue
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Stormtrooper11(m): 7:04pm On Oct 10, 2021
;D6
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by moyinoluwabun(m): 7:04pm On Oct 10, 2021
Yes ooo
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by playfrank(m): 7:05pm On Oct 10, 2021
The day my mom threatened to slap after she priced a product and I shouted "chia" out of pity for the seller since then I no gree follow her go market again oh.
obembet:
Has your mum ever priced something in your presence and you start to pity the seller?

See some hilarious comments here and share your experience

2 Likes

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 10, 2021
Those days, I no dey like to follow Maami go market at all. I always felt uneasy with the way she would price things. Las las,,, she go tell me say, "Pele o, omo baba olowo" (We no get money o, she's just being sarcastic grin). Funnily, some traders would tell her not to mind me, that children don't know what it takes to make a Naira.

I stayed farther from her sometimes. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by tunize(m): 7:07pm On Oct 10, 2021
One of the reason I stopped following momcy to market again along time ago the pricing sometimes shame go catch me. My own code is when I notice she wants to price I just shift forward
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Mvena(f): 7:07pm On Oct 10, 2021
Ahn ahn very well

1 Like

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Mummyfour(f): 7:08pm On Oct 10, 2021
Yes na. It's Normal.
I just discovered that I inherited the spirit from my mother as I became a mother myself.
If I price eh!! My children will be pitying the seller and begging me with their eyes.
Even when we get home they will so much make reference to it, that I will start feeling guilty grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by BigDawsNet: 7:08pm On Oct 10, 2021
Absolutely... I feel sori for does seller...

But now things have changed big time over here... nothing like pricing... Every items get tag... Buy it or leave it
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Olodo24: 7:08pm On Oct 10, 2021
Yes. I remember back in 2016 when I followed her to Mile three market here in PH. We waka round meat line for more than 40 minutes before she finally buy. Na so I begin vex. Rest in peace Mama

7 Likes

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Olodo24: 7:09pm On Oct 10, 2021
Mummyfour:
Yes na. It's Normal.
I just discovered that I inherited the spirit from my mother as I became a mother myself.
If I price eh!! My children will be pitying the seller and begging me with their eyes.
Even when we get home they will so much make reference to it, that I will start feeling guilty grin grin
Funny enough, you'll feel bad if a buyer prices your goods like that. Lol
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by aalangel(f): 7:09pm On Oct 10, 2021
Yes, many years ago and the surprising part is that she has more than enough to buy the commodity.

I miss her cry cry

1 Like

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Daroldigits: 7:09pm On Oct 10, 2021
grin. Even my wife alone can price that's why I don't like following her to market at time

2 Likes

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by ednut1(m): 7:11pm On Oct 10, 2021
My mum once priced lamb in a supermarket butcher in the uk. Lamb wey get weight price. Omo shame catch me that day

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by chatinent: 7:11pm On Oct 10, 2021
So this thing na everywhere. sad

3 Likes

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Befii: 7:12pm On Oct 10, 2021
Pity? It's normal 4 women to debate over price. D seller who is out to make profit will never neva sell below their target, no pity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by obonujoker(m): 7:12pm On Oct 10, 2021
My Dad swore never to follow my mom to market again, the day he followed her... grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Johel(m): 7:12pm On Oct 10, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Mine happened years ago during the yultide season, she called me to the kitchen to bring my feet for her to measure with a broom stick. After the measurements, she went to Igbudú market, I was super excited knowing that a brand new shoe will follow her back home.

She came back from the market with only my sister's shoes, seeing how my faced changed to a Gambler who lost a ticket of N4mil because of one game, she said she will take me to the market the next day.

We got to Igbudú market very early and went straight to the shoe stand, my mom immediately point to one black shoes that looks like canoe and started exhibiting her bargain prowess. This went on for 30mins as both of them tried to persuade each other.

I heard when the seller was telling my mom that the last price is N2000 from an initial selling price of N3,500, and in her words; "Madam, your pikin go use this shoe taya"

My mom priced the shoe to N1200 and was even making it look like she's doing the seller a huge favor by adding the N200 on top.

The seller, with a swelled up face, reluctantly agreed and gave the canoe looking shoe to my mom.

I felt pity for the seller though, it was as if my mom targeted her that day.

We went home and all my homies started calling me "Mr. Canoe" because of the funny looking shoe which I wore for Christmas and New year pararding the streets of Warri visiting homes of Uncle's and Aunty's so they can "Do Christmas" for me.

I never liked following her to the market.
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by chatinent: 7:13pm On Oct 10, 2021
Some husbands will bi like “baby, please you and him to talk price.”

At that moment, ₦100k will reach ₦42k.

1 Like

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by redcliff: 7:13pm On Oct 10, 2021
its not pity sef na shame go dey catch me for us..
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Mummyfour(f): 7:14pm On Oct 10, 2021
Olodo24:
Funny enough, you'll feel bad if a buyer prices your goods like that. Lol
I dey tell you. But when I remember say I dey price too, I will just smile and jokingly get to a point of agreement and sell my product shikena. And if my children are there with me, they will tell me ntorrr!! And go to a safe distance grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by seunny4lif(m): 7:14pm On Oct 10, 2021
grin
I swear I don even do am before grin
I like to price things but give that thing to Nigeria Mothers grin

I don price market before wella that sellers begin dey insult me and me na person that grew up for market area grin
I dey always return the insulted back and cos our shop dey the area, so I no dey fear grin

If my mom start price, I just walk like 200m away incase the seller started insulting oooh grin
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Crixxx: 7:15pm On Oct 10, 2021
If you didn't learn the price and do as if you are walking away skills from your mum then you didn't learn the pricing skills well.

2 Likes

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Wahalaperson: 7:15pm On Oct 10, 2021
H
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Promzy99: 7:15pm On Oct 10, 2021
Iyaebe:
Hmm I have never for once witness or see my mom go to the market,I don't like going to the market either,those women are too harsh and fat,them get mouth pass anything lol
Ajebo! Clap 4 urself. U nd market women Who get bad mouth pass?
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by ghettochild(m): 7:15pm On Oct 10, 2021
I realized it's only in Nigeria people dey price things.....
Over here there's price tag or standard price
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by BigYash: 7:17pm On Oct 10, 2021
Jesu! grin
Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:17pm On Oct 10, 2021
If you are a Nigerian and your mum never do am before that means your mum is a foreigner I swear.

At times, if my mum begin under-price a commodity back then if i follow her to the market I'll just give her better gap because the thing dey vex me gan and I'll be like you sure sey this woman has the fear of God in her no?

In fact, at a time I stopped following her to the market because if you didn't know that we went to the market you'll think that we travelled to Lagos but we were just gallivanting around the market pricing stuffs and sun will just be beating local man anyhow.

3 Likes

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by seunny4lif(m): 7:17pm On Oct 10, 2021
ghettochild:
I realized it's only in Nigeria people dey price things.....
Over here there's price tag or standard price
Baba, I still dey price for African shop oooh
Forget that thing grin

1 Like

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Tharealisrael(m): 7:17pm On Oct 10, 2021
I used to pity the seller in such way that i feel like crying on behalf of the seller, 'cause my granny is ready to bargain till the seller will stop responding to us self, I'll start to feel ashamed..cholo, granny will say "is it not this thing that will spoil in no time" ...what i use to do sometimes i stand afar when she start to bargain..

2 Likes

Re: Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? by Ladycewhy(f): 7:18pm On Oct 10, 2021
I am still learning how to price. I like people that can bargain for Africa.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Make Vegetable Soup With Bitter Leaves And Water Leaves. / Do You Think Married Women Should Tender Their Salaries To Their Husbands? / 14 Years After, I Saw The Man That Molested Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.