Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,702 members, 7,827,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Reeve's Pass - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reeve's Pass (421 Views)

This Generation Shall Not PASS, Till All These Things Be Fulfilled. / Father Mbaka’s Curse On Bishop Obinna And Okorocha Has Come To Pass / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reeve's Pass by budaatum: 11:54am On Oct 10, 2021
budaatum:

So, according to you, the humankind that "The Lord God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to work it and keep it. And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, “You may surely eat of every tree of the garden, but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat[d] of it you shall surely die.”

Is the same humankind that "God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food".

In your Hebrew, does it also claim the Garden of Eden is the earth?

Or/and why did Genesis 2 God downgrade the food and the task given to Genesis 1 humankind?

BassReeves:
Good luck with mining a straw man, hence my reason for striking out your post, as YOYO.

You have no idea the effect of what one single act of obedience could cause. Smh as I lqtm

The reason why Genesis 2 God downgraded the food and the task given to Genesis 1 humankind is because of 'cause and effect'

'Cause and effect' changed the status quo from the moment, things fell apart after the centre could not hold an longer, post eating the fruit from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil.

It'll interest you to know that TKGE is similar to another expression found in 'Ladies and Gentlemen' in that they both are merisms, encompassing a wider meaning, have a wider connotation.

Shedding more light on the intricacies of 'Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil' merism, is not within the scope of why this thread was created by OP, so I will pass.
Re: Reeve's Pass by budaatum: 2:12pm On Oct 23, 2022
budaatum:

Yes, let us correct this teaching.

Please see the instruction given to the human created in God's image:

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

That, is "take care of God's creation" that God spent 6 days creating and found to be good then he rested.

While, And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed, is take care of a very tiny small portion of God's creation, and a clear reduction of duties and responsibilities.

Even the payments/rewards/foods are different!

See the payments/rewards/foods of the creation in the Image of God:

And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

Now see if you can not detect the pay cut given to Adam and Eve.

And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
Re: Reeve's Pass by Freeze007(m): 5:29pm On Nov 02, 2022
Again this is very interesting, but it is very possible to plagiarise the original author...That the bible is speaking about peace and all the virtues does not translate that they were carriers of peace however I will agree that with the Holy Spirit you will have these attributes...My Leader once said ordinarily he should not teach with the bible but just to be fair and carry us along he used the bible to doctor his words which is so unique about the creator, he can choose to use any book to pass his message accross...Sir, Buddatum, if one is privileged to be taught by God, I mean the factor behind all things manifest, is it fair to give allegiance to such a one? Someone spoke about cause and effect, and you too have also stated we sow what we reap, having known this, I know I am trying to correct the wrongs that I have made still I will not keep searching for all the missing links...I think it's like a puzzle, when you put the pieces together you can pat yourself...About subdueing the earth, my Leader says that we should love these creatures and use them to work for us and not kill them...Again this takes me to where humans have become enemies to some animals all this happen because of the spirit of what we put in ourselves....I am here to broaden my horizon because I believe my Father even the Holy Spirit can be anyone and everything simultaneously at the same time all I need is a constant tap to be connected to the source at that instance I will see him in all his ways, like I said, like a jigsaw puzzle...To add, our Teacher God the Father of out forefather or my forefather never left Adam, the garden of Eden is the tree of life which is an everlasting words of God anyone who is privileged to learn and put same into practise is sure to attain Christhood....Adam however was I should say, a point to show for disobedience to the recondite teachings of the Holy Spirit with it's associated problems, I am also where I am because of my disobedience, our Lord Jesus Christ was able to succeed without meeting or having any affairs with any woman, he was 100% 24/7 connected with the source however since he was not PERFECT he cursed with all his spirituality and he also wept, but, God does not weep and God is absolutely PERFECT, he does not beat, but uses love to correct but again, we reap what we sow....Leader Olumba Olumba Obu is a Master and his teachings if practised one is able to overcome death, Buda, do you believe that someone can overcome death? If I have one who has overcome death and have a way of life that settles all that is created should I refer to that one as Master? The highest I have done is a 7days dry fasting but I know someone who has lived for years, without food, having an opportunity to meet such a one it is only honorable to speak about Him...Leader Olumba Olumba Obu is the Holy Spirit personified and since he is a Doctor of words he can choose to device a means to shake us a bit, not to lead us astray but to test our polarity of faith because sometimes we get confused just like John the Baptist was when he was in Prison....I have a knowledge about the ability for God to change pattern and like I always pray, Oh, holy Father grant me the intellects to see you even in the places people have never seen you and to hear you when you speak....I have been a very naughty, stubborn, disrespectful and disobedient son but please restore me back to SONSHIP that I shall fulfil PURPOSE just as you have instructed me, you always say, you are not after the effect but after the cause because you are the "cause and effect" as I open my being to learn from your son Budaatum give me the ability dissect truths and understand the billions and more meanings that each word transcends...I am want to remain an eternal student of the universe while you crown me with Christhood in your Holy name Olumba Olumba Obu.....Amen

(1) (Reply)

Apostle Mike Orokpo: How To Pray With The Scripture (Video) / Make Small Improvements Every Day If You Want To Make A Big Difference! / What Is D Most Foolish Or Weirdest Thing You Have Ever Done Because Of Religion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.