Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,053 members, 7,835,557 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Is White Wedding A Must? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is White Wedding A Must? (399 Views)

Joys Priscilla Oyedepo & Abodunrin Olaleye White Wedding Photos / Sharon Oyakhilome And Phillip Frimpong Kiss At White Wedding As Phillip Cries / Sharon Oyakhilome And Phillip Frimpong's White Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is White Wedding A Must? by Truvelisback(m): 2:07pm On Oct 10, 2021
Is white wedding a must after doing traditional wedding? I attended a popular branch church of which i won't mention the name of the church for security reason(s). The branch pastor said a brother who has be married for over 20years(they did tradional wedding), was told to do white wedding(church wedding). Now the question Is, is it must to do white wedding? Note: I'm also the type that like doing my things in low key. Faculties and judges, can we hear ur comments?
Re: Is White Wedding A Must? by Blake755: 2:14pm On Oct 10, 2021
Is not really a must just that if people no chop rice for your ceremony then you no marry anything angry
Re: Is White Wedding A Must? by Truvelisback(m): 2:25pm On Oct 10, 2021
I remembered a story of a lady who a guy wanted to marry. Some of the guy's family kicked against the marriage. However, because of the love he had for the lady, he decide he would marry her no matter what. So, he told the lady that he would bring some of his family members that were in support of the marriage and they would do an indoor traditional wedding. This lady refused. She wanted a big wedding/white wedding, that she wants to invite all the people she knows, this and that. The guy just dumped her.
Re: Is White Wedding A Must? by olamidedivotee: 2:28pm On Oct 10, 2021
It's your choice, don't let anybody persuade you on anything concerning marriage. They won't be there when it is time to encounter the worse situations in marriage

1 Like

Re: Is White Wedding A Must? by Kobojunkie: 2:40pm On Oct 10, 2021
olamidedivotee:
It's your choice, don't let anybody persuade you on anything concerning marriage. They won't be there when it is time to encounter the worse situations in marriage
God did not mandate any ceremony as far as marriage is concerned. So even your traditional ceremonies, your asking of parents permissions etc., hold no real meaning where God is concerned. undecided
Re: Is White Wedding A Must? by Jones4190(m): 4:22pm On Oct 10, 2021
Biblically NO, the wedding Jesus attend in Canaan was not church wedding, it was traditional wedding,

1 Like

Re: Is White Wedding A Must? by Kobojunkie: 4:24pm On Oct 10, 2021
Jones4190:
Biblically NO, the wedding Jesus attend in Canaan was not church wedding, it was traditional wedding,
Jesus Christ, however, upheld God's original idea of marriage which is simply a man and woman cleaving and becoming one. So all ceremonies mean nothing - Matthew 19 vs 1 - 5 undecided
Re: Is White Wedding A Must? by Jones4190(m): 4:27pm On Oct 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ, however, upheld God's original idea of marriage which is simply a man and woman cleaving and becoming one. So all ceremonies mean nothing - Matthew 19 vs 1 - 5 undecided
Exactly, white wedding is not important, the moast important thing is traditional marriage, bride price is very important even in the christian doctrine

1 Like

Re: Is White Wedding A Must? by Kobojunkie: 4:29pm On Oct 10, 2021
Jones4190:

Exactly, white wedding is not important, the moast important thing is traditional marriage, bride price is very important even in the christian doctrine
Traditonal is also not important. Bride price is meaningless exploitation by men where God's Law on marriage is concerned. All your ceremonies are of no importance. undecided
Re: Is White Wedding A Must? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 10, 2021
Truvelisback:
Is white wedding a must after doing traditional wedding? I attended a popular branch church of which i won't mention the name of the church for security reason(s). The branch pastor said a brother who has be married for over 20years(they did tradional wedding), was told to do white wedding(church wedding). Now the question Is, is it must to do white wedding? Note: I'm also the type that like doing my things in low key. Faculties and judges, can we hear ur comments?

I'll consider any pastor that says white wedding is compulsory as either ignorant or dubious.

1 Like

Re: Is White Wedding A Must? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 10, 2021
Truvelisback:
I remembered a story of a lady who a guy wanted to marry. Some of the guy's family kicked against the marriage. However, because of the love he had for the lady, he decide he would marry her no matter what. So, he told the lady that he would bring some of his family members that were in support of the marriage and they would do an indoor traditional wedding. This lady refused. She wanted a big wedding/white wedding, that she wants to invite all the people she knows, this and that. The guy just dumped her.

Sensible guy.
Re: Is White Wedding A Must? by Truvelisback(m): 4:45pm On Oct 10, 2021
Blake755:
Is not really a must just that if people no chop rice for your ceremony then you no marry anything angry
Must people eat rice to validate my marriage?

Re: Is White Wedding A Must? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:49pm On Oct 10, 2021
Truvelisback:

By God's Law, No.

All it takes is the Consent of All the Parties Affected and Interested With Such Consent not Unreasonably being Withheld.

And that is what is proven in and under Traditional Style Marriage.

But by the many laws manufactured by men, then it varies from law to law.

1 Like

Re: Is White Wedding A Must? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:00pm On Oct 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Traditonal is also not important. Bride price is meaningless exploitation by men where God's Law on marriage is concerned. All your ceremonies are of no importance. undecided

Bride price is simply a Honour and Respect Given to the Family of the lady who definitely have contributed towards making her desirable to you.

And you are taking her from them.

Good sense would tell you that you should also GIVE to them, In Fulfilment of God's Law of Giving Good to Receive Good (Contract).

(1) (Reply)

Sex Outside Marriage, Cheating Not A Serious Sin – Pope Francis / Apostle Kassy Chukwu Slams David Ibiyeomie For Cursing Yahoo Boys | VIDEO / The Ukraine Vs Russian War Is A Step towards a world government .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.