Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,970 members, 7,814,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Sex Outside Marriage, Cheating Not A Serious Sin – Pope Francis - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sex Outside Marriage, Cheating Not A Serious Sin – Pope Francis (394 Views)

Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin / Sex Outside Marriage Is 'not The Most Serious Sin' -pope Francis / Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex Outside Marriage, Cheating Not A Serious Sin – Pope Francis by blogger4: 7:58pm On Dec 08, 2021
Following the Resignation of Michel Aupetit, a French prelate of the Catholic Church who was Archbishop of Paris from 2018 to 2021, who resigned following reports of a relationship with a woman in 2012, Catholic Pope Francis says sex outside marriage is ‘not the most serious sin.’

‘Sins of the flesh are not the most serious,’ the 84-year-old pontiff said during a press conference aboard the papal plane on Monday. Pride and hatred are ‘the most serious,’ Pope Francis added.

Francis made the comment in answer to a question about the Archbishop of Paris Michel Aupetit who resigned last week over an ‘ambiguous’ relationship with a woman.

According to Dailymail.co.uk, Although Aupetit, 70, denied the relationship was sexual – Catholic priests take vows of celibacy – he resigned to prevent rumours from damaging the Church.

A diocese spokeswoman said at the time that ‘he had an ambiguous behaviour with a person he was very close to’, adding that it was ‘not a loving relationship’, nor sexual.

‘When the gossip grows, grows, grows and takes away the reputation of a person, that man will not be able to govern… and that is an injustice,’ Francis said.

‘This is why I accepted Aupetit’s resignation, not on the altar of truth, but on the altar of hypocrisy,’ the pope said on the plane back from a trip to Greece.

‘I ask myself, what did Aupetit do that was so serious he had to resign? If we don’t know the accusation, we cannot condemn,’ the pope added, urging journalists to investigate.

He said Aupetit had been condemned by ‘public opinion, rumours. But what did he do? We know nothing’.

However, the pope referenced a breach of the sixth commandment – a ban on adultery – saying it was ‘not total, but little caresses and massages he gave to his secretary’.

‘That is a sin. But it is not the most serious because sins of the flesh are not the most serious,’ he said.

He added: ‘Aupetit is a sinner. As I am, as was Peter, the bishop on whom Christ founded his Church.’

SOURCE: https://www.detouchingstory.com/2021/12/08/sx-outside-marriage-cheating-not-a-serious-sin-pope-francis/
Re: Sex Outside Marriage, Cheating Not A Serious Sin – Pope Francis by Babaetsu1(m): 8:01pm On Dec 08, 2021
Like seriously
Re: Sex Outside Marriage, Cheating Not A Serious Sin – Pope Francis by dawnomike(m): 8:05pm On Dec 08, 2021
Summary of the post: A sin is a sin...
Re: Sex Outside Marriage, Cheating Not A Serious Sin – Pope Francis by Pierocash(m): 8:05pm On Dec 08, 2021
Papa Francis may be trying to Justify himself too? Who knws grin
Re: Sex Outside Marriage, Cheating Not A Serious Sin – Pope Francis by ghostboy: 8:06pm On Dec 08, 2021
But I thought all sins were equal in the eyes of the lord?

Re: Sex Outside Marriage, Cheating Not A Serious Sin – Pope Francis by QuickTrade: 8:12pm On Dec 08, 2021
Another doctrine of the devil. The wise shall understand
Re: Sex Outside Marriage, Cheating Not A Serious Sin – Pope Francis by MufasaLion: 8:12pm On Dec 08, 2021
grin grin grin

Maybe this man has got himself a thick Latino chick. tongue
Re: Sex Outside Marriage, Cheating Not A Serious Sin – Pope Francis by yomi007k(m): 8:12pm On Dec 08, 2021
ghostboy:
But I thought all sins were equal in the eyes of the lord?

Pope Francis is not the Lord, shey u get?
Re: Sex Outside Marriage, Cheating Not A Serious Sin – Pope Francis by thesicilian: 8:13pm On Dec 08, 2021
Funny enough he's not wrong
Re: Sex Outside Marriage, Cheating Not A Serious Sin – Pope Francis by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:14pm On Dec 08, 2021
blogger4:

Aupetit is a sinner. As I am

However, the pope referenced a breach of the sixth commandment – a ban on adultery – saying it was ‘not total, but little caresses and massages he gave to his secretary’.
SOURCE: https://www.detouchingstory.com/2021/12/08/sx-outside-marriage-cheating-not-a-serious-sin-pope-francis/
The first paragraph na message wey carry belle!

Shall we then continue in sin

Even the Bible says mere thinking about it is a sin not to talk of caresses and massages!
Re: Sex Outside Marriage, Cheating Not A Serious Sin – Pope Francis by ojun50(m): 8:16pm On Dec 08, 2021
Bad guy

After he pour tire he come talk rubbish
Re: Sex Outside Marriage, Cheating Not A Serious Sin – Pope Francis by ghostboy: 8:16pm On Dec 08, 2021
yomi007k:

Pope Francis is not the Lord, shey u get?
but e suppose know wetin God talk na
Why will he say adultery is not a serious sin
Re: Sex Outside Marriage, Cheating Not A Serious Sin – Pope Francis by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:16pm On Dec 08, 2021
Even the Catholic Pope doesn't know what it means to be a sinner for him to say that Peter was also one.
Re: Sex Outside Marriage, Cheating Not A Serious Sin – Pope Francis by Kobojunkie: 12:32am On Dec 09, 2021
dawnomike:
Summary of the post: A sin is a sin...
Did you actually read the post or were you in a rush to exonerate him or the lies he spoke therein? undecided

Sha! I no blame the man, na all of una wey dey chose to bow una heads to ordinary men like yourselves God talk say curse dey and problem boku with- Jeremiah 17 vs 5 undecided
Re: Sex Outside Marriage, Cheating Not A Serious Sin – Pope Francis by vinceyinnovation: 2:50am On Dec 09, 2021
I'm afraid many Catholics will come and defend the Pope rather than standing with the truth...

Many don't even know what to say because they read more of pamphlets than the bible...

They are the ones who will be quoting, sharing and mentioning this post up and down...
Re: Sex Outside Marriage, Cheating Not A Serious Sin – Pope Francis by Maxymilliano(m): 7:16am On Dec 09, 2021
The world and everything in it is complicated, the best religion is to have a personal relationship with your creator and embrace humanity
Re: Sex Outside Marriage, Cheating Not A Serious Sin – Pope Francis by obonujoker(m): 7:26am On Dec 09, 2021
Lol.... Wonders will soon end...

Catholic though....

(1) (Reply)

Neymar Paid $5,500,000 Never To Mention God / Apostle Kassy Chukwu Slams David Ibiyeomie For Cursing Yahoo Boys | VIDEO / If Any Member Of My Church Goes For Bbnaija They Must Die - Mummy GO (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.