Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,096 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Help Needed! Auto Transmission Long Delay When Engaged To Drive. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Needed! Auto Transmission Long Delay When Engaged To Drive. (1452 Views)

Honest User Advice On Peugeot 307, Manual Or Auto Transmission / Car Won't Reverse When Engaged / If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed! Auto Transmission Long Delay When Engaged To Drive. by gr8solex(m): 2:13pm On Oct 10, 2021
To all car technical expert in the house, I seriously need your help and suggestions.

I owned a registered 2007 Toyota camry and after about 6month usage, I first began to notice a delay when I shift to drive after starting the car only in morning, I will have to 'fire' repeatedly for minutes before it finally picks to drive as thought its left on neutral and even at that, it drags the engine before driving normal and transmission shift perfectly during motion.

I met with my mechanic and he suggested an electrician that concluded the transmission verve body should be serviced after changing gear oil and still doesn't work.

I didn't buy the idea of him touching my gear box at first, but when the issue get worse to even experience same delay of engaging gear 1 after engine off and restart during the day which is becoming embarrassing, so I tried the supposedly, big auto mechanic shops in abuja but after paying huge amount before they will even diagnose the problem they ended up suggesting same or that I replace the gear box. I had to return to the initial guy to get the verve body serviced.

My people, Just yesterday we had that done and seriously nothing changed, he then brought up 2 additional options which is that i should replace the drive cup or buy a 10pin gear box since that one is easy to work on and less expensive but for smaller cars, that he can do the conversion to fit my 13pin gear box.

Guys, please help.

What is the actually cause of such delay and engine dragging when i engage my transmission to drive (D) and possible solutions.

Reverse and inter switch between gears is fine when In motion.
Re: Help Needed! Auto Transmission Long Delay When Engaged To Drive. by diportivo: 7:51am On Oct 11, 2021
gr8solex:
To all car technical expert in the house, I seriously need your help and suggestions.

I owned a registered 2007 Toyota camry and after about 6month usage, I first began to notice a delay when I shift to drive after starting the car only in morning, I will have to 'fire' repeatedly for minutes before it finally picks to drive as thought its left on neutral and even at that, it drags the engine before driving normal and transmission shift perfectly during motion.

I met with my mechanic and he suggested an electrician that concluded the transmission verve body should be serviced after changing gear oil and still doesn't work.

I didn't buy the idea of him touching my gear box at first, but when the issue get worse to even experience same delay of engaging gear 1 after engine off and restart during the day which is becoming embarrassing, so I tried the supposedly, big auto mechanic shops in abuja but after paying huge amount before they will even diagnose the problem they ended up suggesting same or that I replace the gear box. I had to return to the initial guy to get the verve body serviced.

My people, Just yesterday we had that done and seriously nothing changed, he then brought up 2 additional options which is that i should replace the drive cup or buy a 10pin gear box since that one is easy to work on and less expensive but for smaller cars, that he can do the conversion to fit my 13pin gear box.

Guys, please help.

What is the actually cause of such delay and engine dragging when i engage my transmission to drive (D) and possible solutions.

you shld av listened to the mechanic at first.not wanting him to touch the gear and then leaving it till it got worse sealed the fate of that your transmission

na replacement get you as you dey bros

1 Like

Re: Help Needed! Auto Transmission Long Delay When Engaged To Drive. by centoke30(m): 4:58pm On Oct 11, 2021
You can change the fibers and other components or get a new one
Re: Help Needed! Auto Transmission Long Delay When Engaged To Drive. by Dozieson(m): 5:55pm On Oct 11, 2021
gr8solex:

Guys, please help.

Baba your gear is gone. Just get a new 13 pin gear box. 10 pins will not be smooth as it would drag when changing gear from 2-3. Except you want to sell the car
Re: Help Needed! Auto Transmission Long Delay When Engaged To Drive. by EngRichie: 9:58pm On Oct 12, 2021
The poster above might be right but I doubt whether thorough diagnosis was done. They should have been able to point at a particular fault.

Those transmissions do not require guess work. Both theory and good practical skill need to be employed to fix them.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed! Auto Transmission Long Delay When Engaged To Drive. by gr8solex(m): 4:21am On Oct 28, 2021
Thank you all. The car is presently with an expert for overhauling and I hope to give an update when its returned.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed! Auto Transmission Long Delay When Engaged To Drive. by Dozieson(m): 6:35am On Oct 28, 2021
gr8solex:
Thank you all. The car is presently with an expert for overhauling and I hope to give an update when its returned.

Kudos! Update is good for others to learn and get help
Re: Help Needed! Auto Transmission Long Delay When Engaged To Drive. by TouchOfSpice(m): 9:26pm On Nov 02, 2021
gr8solex:

Hoping to hear a positive news from you about the gear fix.
Re: Help Needed! Auto Transmission Long Delay When Engaged To Drive. by Dozieson(m): 6:46am On Nov 13, 2021
gr8solex:

Any update on your gear box?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Does Burst Silencer/exhaust Affect Fuel Consumption? / Don’t Get Your Vehicle Impounded. New Directive From Frsc / Meet The King Of The Super Sedans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.