Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,506 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Confused Wife - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Confused Wife (3077 Views)

Boy Shows His Zanku Legwork, Gbe Body Dance Moves, People Confused About His Age / Confused Wife. / Lady Shares Stunning Photos with her Mom, But People are Confused Which is Mom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confused Wife by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 11, 2021
Sanchez01:

Sadly, I understand all there is to know about your person and I am guessing it is either:

1. You don't have a proper career or a proper job.
2. You are a full time house wife (not like it is a bad thing).
3. You are a social animal (which isn't bad) but can't prioritise between which needs to go between the home and social events if the former is on the line.

Regardless, you have so much time on your hands to worry so much about village parties. And the fact that you are constantly seeking validation by responding to every response proves you fall between 1 & 2.
Mr proper career Welldone, if you don't have comprehension problems you would've understood where I wrote about visiting my parents not village parties .
I know it's difficult for you since you don't have a good upbringing, I didn't insult you, why the insult? People like you don't have regards for your parents.
Re: Confused Wife by Justbehave(m): 4:22pm On Oct 11, 2021
Sanchez01:

Sorry o, but there are ways to smell terrible people from a distance even without meeting them. You got 'motivated' about NPT'J's thread—someone whose sister unceremoniously went away with a man and you think the man you are married to does not allow you to visit your village puts both situations in almost the same box? I want to believe you are rightfully married to your husband and everything in your life readjusts, priority-wise the moment you two married and the same goes for him. How can a married woman be screaming "my village" in this day and time to the point that she fights her husband over it?? And then you quarrel with him over it and he entertains your periodic quarrels?? At this point, it is best that the man returns you to your family, demands his bride price so that you can walk around the village and market square as you please.

This is what happens when some homes are chaos-free. One person will just use his/her hand to destory the peace therein just because they are idle and have no worries.
No mind her. Since she loves her parents and her village so much. Why did she agree to marry a man staying in the city? She should have married one who is based in the village nah.
How many times has she demanded from her husband for them to go to his own village?
Abi him too no get village? People go just sit down dey find trouble weh trouble no dey.
Re: Confused Wife by Oluchia(f): 4:44pm On Oct 11, 2021
This post is really funny cheesy grin Of all the things that should be an issue in marriage, it is travelling to the village. Even me as an adult, has not been to my villa for close to 3 years now and don't intend going there anytime soon with all the insecurities/unknown gun men saga.Na im you wan carry children dey waka up and down. My sister's children who are in the UK met my dad(their grandfather) for the first time after 5 years, person no die. Wahala for who no get village. Please, invite your parents to come see you if that's the concern.
Re: Confused Wife by Ginaz(f): 5:02pm On Oct 11, 2021
fearlessmum:

Mr proper career Welldone, if you don't have comprehension problems you would've understood where I wrote about visiting my parents not village parties .
I know it's difficult for you since you don't have a good upbringing, I didn't insult you, why the insult? People like you don't have regards for your parents.

It’s you who have problem. You said and I quote” I hardly go to any function in the village except it directly involve my parents

Meeting your parents in the village is not enough for you but you want to attend functions around the village like the village woman you are.

What if your husband took you and the kids abroad? Won’t you find a way to cope ? He’s not stopping you from meeting your parents , at least you went last year but you’re insatiable. What’s the whole matter that you want to destroy your home for?

Village functions right ? Like they will give you award in the village . He’s not maltreating you, he takes care of the family, he hasn’t stopped you from calling your parents and speaking with them via phone . When you guys got newly married he gave you free will to go to the village and even went along with you. So the picture he’s trying to block you from your family is totally false ! undecided

You’re unreasonable, unwise and headstrong. The security in the country right now is a total mess for one to risk moving around.

Just pack your bags and go to your village . You’re clearly lacking good sense .

Of all things to fight about, you choose your village over your matrimonial peace .
Aunty get out!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confused Wife by Ginaz(f): 5:04pm On Oct 11, 2021
Oluchia:
This post is really funny cheesy grin Of all the things that should be an issue in marriage, it is travelling to the village. Even me as an adult, has not been to my villa for close to 3 years now and don't intend going there anytime soon with all the insecurities/unknown gun men saga.Na im you wan carry children dey waka up and down. My sister's children who are in the UK met my dad(their grandfather) for the first time after 5 years, person no die. Wahala for who no get village. Please, invite your parents to come see you if that's the concern.

Pls don’t mind that unwise Aunty . The man she’s married to isn’t maltreating her at all. Imagine nagging over little thing as this .

You can marry a village girl but can’t take the village out of her .
Re: Confused Wife by Ginaz(f): 5:08pm On Oct 11, 2021
Justbehave:
No mind her. Since she loves her parents and her village so much. Why did she agree to marry a man staying in the city? She should have married one who is based in the village nah.
How many times has she demanded from her husband for them to go to his own village?
Abi him too no get village? People go just sit down dey find trouble weh trouble no dey.

She even said she won’t have married him if she knew he would be like this . grin

I feel sorry for the husband , imagine the nags and fights she had given him cos of her village cheesy
Re: Confused Wife by mariahAngel(f): 5:14pm On Oct 11, 2021
Oluchia:

Dis one na your own case.
Not every family is like yours.

Parents like ours don't give their daughters out in marriage with the thought of never seeing their grandchildren.

1 Like

Re: Confused Wife by mariahAngel(f): 5:22pm On Oct 11, 2021
Ginaz:

She even said she won’t have married him if she knew he would be like this . grin

I feel sorry for the husband , imagine the nags and fights she had given him cos of her village cheesy

Her life does not only revolve around her husband and the marriage.
She had a life way before she married, and that life did not cease to exist simply because she got married.
Those in that life matter to her as much she matters to them.
Her feelings are valid and deserve consideration.

2 Likes

Re: Confused Wife by Ginaz(f): 5:30pm On Oct 11, 2021
mariahAngel:

Her life does not only revolve around her husband and the marriage.

She had a life way before she married, and that life did not cease to exist simply because she got married.
Those in that life matter to her as much she matters to them.
Her feelings are valid and deserve consideration.

Aunty abeg go and sit down. She’s an adult and should navigate her life to be purposeful . Start a business, seek ways to better her life like having a career, put head together with her husband to make the home great financially, spiritually and physically.

Nobody stopped her from being in contact with her parents but she is yet to see she’s an adult and there should be priorities . It doesn’t mean she doesn’t love her parents or has abandon them. The husband gives her the go ahead to the village but she’s throwing fights because she wants to go there whenever she feels like.

She wants to be taking the kids under this security problem we have in the country. She wants to go and attend village functions and parties . Does that sound reasonable to you at all?
Re: Confused Wife by Justbehave(m): 5:32pm On Oct 11, 2021
Ginaz:

Don't blame her. Sho isn't feeling normal.
Re: Confused Wife by mariahAngel(f): 5:50pm On Oct 11, 2021
Ginaz:

Aunty abeg go and sit down. She’s an adult and should navigate her life to be purposeful . Start a business, seek ways to better her life like having a career, put head together with her husband to make the home great financially, spiritually and physically.

Nobody stopped her from being in contact with her parents but she is yet to see she’s an adult and there should be priorities . It doesn’t mean she doesn’t love her parents or has abandon them. The husband gives her the go ahead to the village but she’s throwing fights because she wants to go there whenever she feels like.

She wants to be taking the kids under this security problem we have in the country. She wants to go and attend village functions and parties . Does that sound reasonable to you at all?

Na you make you go sit down!

Na una type dey carry una whole self give man.
Once una marry, papa and mama no matter again, but once dem begin show una pepper for marriage, na dat time una go remember say una been get family.

No wise up you hear?

2 Likes

Re: Confused Wife by Ginaz(f): 6:05pm On Oct 11, 2021
mariahAngel:

Once una marry, papa and mama no matter again, but once dem begin show una pepper for marriage, na dat time una go remember say una been get family.

No wise up you hear?

Go and sleep. You clearly don’t know what’s wrong with you. Pack to your village and stay there since Na your type Na Dey enter marriage when no Dey get sense again.
Re: Confused Wife by Justbehave(m): 6:05pm On Oct 11, 2021
mariahAngel:

No wise up you hear?

Please just stop. Did you read anywhere that he stopped her from visiting her parents in the village? He only said she shouldn't be visiting frequently and he is right.
Can't they visit them in the city? Or did he also prohibited them from visiting?
Since she loves her village activities so much why didn't she marry a man that is based in her village? Why nagging unnecessarily.
Like I told her earlier,let her use something and break the man's head and see if that village she so much like won't welcome her permanently.

2 Likes

Re: Confused Wife by mariahAngel(f): 6:14pm On Oct 11, 2021
Justbehave:
Please just stop. Did you read anywhere that he stopped her from visiting her parents in the village? He only said she shouldn't be visiting frequently and he is right.
Can't they visit them in the city? Or did he also prohibited them from visiting?
Since she loves her village activities so much why didn't she marry a man that is based in her village? Why nagging unnecessarily.
Like I told her earlier,let her use something and break the man's head and see if that village she so much like won't welcome her permanently.

According to her post, she said her husband has never allowed her to take the children to go visit her parents. Do you think that is fair?

1 Like

Re: Confused Wife by Justbehave(m): 6:32pm On Oct 11, 2021
mariahAngel:

According to her post, she said her husband has never allowed her to take the children to go visit her parents. Do you think that is fair?
The man might have his reasons for not wanting the kids to travel down to the village. About the grandparents issue,they should visit them in the town. Or are they afraid of visiting their son in-law?
Re: Confused Wife by Sanchez01: 7:24pm On Oct 11, 2021
Ginaz:

It’s you who have problem. You said and I quote” I hardly go to any function in the village except it directly involve my parents

Meeting your parents in the village is not enough for you but you want to attend functions around the village like the village woman you are.

What if your husband took you and the kids abroad? Won’t you find a way to cope ? He’s not stopping you from meeting your parents , at least you went last year but you’re insatiable. What’s the whole matter that you want to destroy your home for?

Village functions right ? Like they will give you award in the village . He’s not maltreating you, he takes care of the family, he hasn’t stopped you from calling your parents and speaking with them via phone . When you guys got newly married he gave you free will to go to the village and even went along with you. So the picture he’s trying to block you from your family is totally false ! undecided

You’re unreasonable, unwise and headstrong. The security in the country right now is a total mess for one to risk moving around.

Just pack your bags and go to your village . You’re clearly lacking good sense .

Of all things to fight about, you choose your village over your matrimonial peace .
Aunty get out!
Bless you! kiss

Unfortunately, not every married individual will be sensible enough and marriage in itself does not cure foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Confused Wife by lilyheaven: 10:36pm On Oct 11, 2021
Good evening all, I have been a guest of this forum for some years now, I
decided to register after reading a story shared yesterday by NPTJ to also share
mine and asked for advice as i am really confused right now.
Although my own case is different as i am legally married.
My husband and I have been married for five years now with two wonderful
kids.
Aside the reason for this thread, He's a very good husband and father to our
kids.
The issue is , he doesn't want me to go to the village with the children that
automatically means I can't go as I'm still breastfeeding our second child , I
cannot leave him and travel as he's not even up to one year.
My husband and my parents stays in different states. We went to the village
last year July and there's no plan of going this year, whenever I raise discussion about the issue he
simply replied that we'll go when there's a need for us to go.
I hardly go for any function in the village except it directly involves my parents.
This has brought a lot of issues between my nuclear and my extended families.
It wasn't like this when we married newly, we do visits them then and even go
during Christmas holidays but all that changed when we had our first child, he
feels we can't take the child to the village so that "village people" will not
attack him.
We've quarrelled about this severally yet nothing changes, I am tired of arguing
about this .
Please married folks, am I suppose to abandoned my extended family just
because I am married? Please I need matured advice before I do something
that I will regret.
Is my husband right on this ? has anyone been in my position, please help me.
He goes to his village whenever he has any issue to sort out but I cannot

Submit to your husband admonition.,
That is what the Bible said.
Re: Confused Wife by promiseland245(m): 7:17am On Oct 13, 2021
Visit your parents in person when possible, video calls and all that are secondary.
Bola146:

grin I have seen my parents now since over two years but we do video calls almost everyday including my siblings especially on conference calls. So if your parents are not in the country, na by force to go and meet them? You said party? Visit parents? This is digital time, send them money to buy good phone for video calls. Please don't destroy your home and come back here seeking for advice, good and responsible husband are very rare to find Shalom
Re: Confused Wife by Missionaire: 10:45am On Oct 15, 2021
mariahAngel:

Actually, that's incorrect. According to her, she visited last year. They went to the village last year July (imagine the cost of travelling during lock down sef).
She wants to go this year but her husband said they will go when they is need to. I mean, this is fair. You think traveling is easy? With all these insecurities everywhere and high cost of transportation. What is the wisdom in travelling to the village when there is no urgency especially as you were there last year? You see the way the economy dey? To travel now, one would need money especially as you can't go travelling empty handed. You would need to buy some things for home based relatives.
She do attend any function that concerns her parents but she wants to attend every function that concerns every relative in the village. Haba na....
They have been married for five years and according to her, they usually visit the village and do go there even during Christmas holidays when they newly married. She said it stopped after they had their first child. But her new baby is less than a year and they visited last year July.

Now let's analyse this.
If they usually visited and even go for Christmas holidays, they must have been doing this in the first two years after they got married. Remove two years from five years and you would have three. When she put to birth to the first child, her parents must have visited for Omugwo, naming and dedication ceremonies. So there was physical contact.
After the first child, she didn't go to the village because the hubby didn't allow her. That first child should be less than two years at that time. Why traveling up and down with a little baby when there is no need and urgency?
This new baby she is breastfeeding must have been born last year. So it is either she was pregnant when they went to the village and put to birth late last year or she put to birth late this year.
Whichever, her parents and relatives must have been around late last year or this year for Omugwo, naming and dedication ceremonies. Why travel again? Na every year parade?
What is even annoying me is that she isn't complaining that the man is not taking care of the children, her and her relatives but that he didn't allow her to travel to the village whenever she wants to.
Is she working? I don't think she is because if she is, she wouldn't have that time and energy to be traveling to the village every year.
There are school fees to be paid, rent, utility bills, health care, clothing, feeding etc to take care of. Won't they need money for all these?

She even has the mind to be comparing her case to NPTJ case making it look as if the husband, imprisoned her and is making her not to have any contact with her family and relatives....

Gosh.

2 Likes

Re: Confused Wife by ahnie: 11:36am On Oct 15, 2021
I knew it.them don bully this woman to deactivate her account.
Re: Confused Wife by RonnyD: 12:44pm On Oct 15, 2021
Nawa for people on this forum. You are husband and wife in equal partnership so forget this submission talk. Ask him why he doesn’t want you to go. If the answer makes sense then stay where you are. If you don’t agree with his answer then it is your choice to go but for the children that’s going to be a different case, idk how you’re going to figure that one out.
Re: Confused Wife by justified007: 3:05pm On Oct 15, 2021
Good evening all, I have been a guest of this forum for some years now, I
decided to register after reading a story shared yesterday by NPTJ to also share
mine and asked for advice as i am really confused right now.
Although my own case is different as i am legally married.
My husband and I have been married for five years now with two wonderful
kids.
Aside the reason for this thread, He's a very good husband and father to our
kids.
The issue is , he doesn't want me to go to the village with the children that
automatically means I can't go as I'm still breastfeeding our second child , I
cannot leave him and travel as he's not even up to one year.
My husband and my parents stays in different states. We went to the village
last year July and there's no plan of going this year, whenever I raise discussion about the issue he
simply replied that we'll go when there's a need for us to go.
I hardly go for any function in the village except it directly involves my parents.
This has brought a lot of issues between my nuclear and my extended families.
It wasn't like this when we married newly, we do visits them then and even go
during Christmas holidays but all that changed when we had our first child, he
feels we can't take the child to the village so that "village people" will not
attack him.
We've quarrelled about this severally yet nothing changes, I am tired of arguing
about this .
Please married folks, am I suppose to abandoned my extended family just
because I am married? Please I need matured advice before I do something
that I will regret.
Is my husband right on this ? has anyone been in my position, please help me.
He goes to his village whenever he has any issue to sort out but I cannot

His reasons may actually not be because he think your village people will attack his babies spiritually or anything like that.

He may be considering the stress of those long journeys on your little kids . Like in my case now , my parents and in-laws are in Lagos and I stay in Ogun state with transport fair less than 1k to them but we have not been to Lagos State this year and we actually supposed to be at a family gathering in Lagos tomorrow but we decided to shelve that trip because of the bad road , mad traffic and it's effect on our body and our little children (The last one is less than 3 months old).

The expenses someone incur when you travel to the village may even be another reason why your is trying to prevent frequent visits to the village unless the expenses will be solely from your pocket.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

. / Dear Parents Stop Watching Porn With Your Kids. / How Can I Relay This Message Politely To My Brother-in-law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.