Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

I’m A Woman From USA. Tell Me Anything About Your Culture. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I’m A Woman From USA. Tell Me Anything About Your Culture. (988 Views)

Go To Yorubaland And Practice Your Culture - Ilorin Indigenes Tell Yorubas / I’m A Bride Waiting To Be Dressed Up - Silekunola Naomi / Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m A Woman From USA. Tell Me Anything About Your Culture. by ninasiena: 11:42pm On Oct 10, 2021
Hello!
I am a young woman from the USA. Please tell me anything interesting about your culture. I would love to learn from you. In return, I will answer questions about what my life and country are like.
Thanks!
Re: I’m A Woman From USA. Tell Me Anything About Your Culture. by Tinububalls: 11:53pm On Oct 10, 2021
HALF THE YELLOW RISING SUN

1 Like

Re: I’m A Woman From USA. Tell Me Anything About Your Culture. by ninasiena: 12:10am On Oct 11, 2021
Just Googled it! Should I read it? smiley
Re: I’m A Woman From USA. Tell Me Anything About Your Culture. by FvckAllMods: 12:27am On Oct 11, 2021
Je ki ama do ara wa nah

1 Like

Re: I’m A Woman From USA. Tell Me Anything About Your Culture. by Lamanii22(f): 12:45am On Oct 11, 2021
FvckAllMods:
Je ki ama do ara wa nah

Yoruba! The best language in Nigeria....

1 Like

Re: I’m A Woman From USA. Tell Me Anything About Your Culture. by ninasiena: 1:23am On Oct 11, 2021
FvckAllMods:
Je ki ama do ara wa nah

May I ask what that means? Nice to have the opportunity to expand my horizons and learn about new languages. I appreciate you!
Re: I’m A Woman From USA. Tell Me Anything About Your Culture. by FvckAllMods: 2:06am On Oct 11, 2021
It says good afternoon and how are you doing cheesy
ninasiena:

May I ask what that means? Nice to have the opportunity to expand my horizons and learn about new languages. I appreciate you!
Re: I’m A Woman From USA. Tell Me Anything About Your Culture. by ninasiena: 5:15am On Oct 11, 2021
FvckAllMods:
I am very good! How are you? I would love to hear from you!
Re: I’m A Woman From USA. Tell Me Anything About Your Culture. by ninasiena: 5:27am On Oct 11, 2021
FvckAllMods:
Thank you! I’m alright.I feel my country is split pilitially.

I’ve read your peoples cultures and wish I could visit but I am not a virigin and I am worried about my own tourism. I do not want to be a bigot but I am not a virgin nor a journalist. I know nothing of your culture but the very few I love.
Re: I’m A Woman From USA. Tell Me Anything About Your Culture. by ninasiena: 5:30am On Oct 11, 2021
ninasiena:

Hello! To be honest? I’ve been reading these forums for a little while and just read want to learn.I would love to eventually visit your land. Please visit mine too. We need education.
Re: I’m A Woman From USA. Tell Me Anything About Your Culture. by FvckAllMods: 6:10am On Oct 11, 2021
No problem whatsapp or telegram?
ninasiena:

Re: I’m A Woman From USA. Tell Me Anything About Your Culture. by 9inches(m): 3:58pm On Oct 11, 2021
Where in US do you live?
Re: I’m A Woman From USA. Tell Me Anything About Your Culture. by ninasiena: 10:37pm On Oct 11, 2021
FvckAllMods:
No problem whatsapp or telegram?

I will make one soon!
Re: I’m A Woman From USA. Tell Me Anything About Your Culture. by ninasiena: 10:39pm On Oct 11, 2021
9inches:
Where in US do you live?

Right now, I live in North Carolina. I grew up in Boston and went to college in California, though.

1 Like

Re: I’m A Woman From USA. Tell Me Anything About Your Culture. by FvckAllMods: 11:16pm On Oct 11, 2021
Alright till then take care
ninasiena:

I will make one soon!
Re: I’m A Woman From USA. Tell Me Anything About Your Culture. by FvckAllMods: 11:20pm On Oct 11, 2021
Sure come around you will enjoy it
ninasiena:
Hello! To be honest? I’ve been reading these forums for a little while and just read want to learn.I would love to eventually visit your land. Please visit mine too. We need education.
Re: I’m A Woman From USA. Tell Me Anything About Your Culture. by ThickSharon123(f): 11:37pm On Oct 11, 2021
ninasiena:
Hello!
I am a young woman from the USA. Please tell me anything interesting about your culture. I would love to learn from you. In return, I will answer questions about what my life and country are like.
Thanks!

Igbos are what you need. Freedom, and the teaching of the real African spirituality. Google the Igbos and you'll be proud you're African, and you can also Google Ashanti too. smiley
Re: I’m A Woman From USA. Tell Me Anything About Your Culture. by shantti(m): 10:10pm On Oct 13, 2021
ninasiena:
Hello!
Thanks!

I hereby give you the name ifunanya. I would like to teach u how to prepare most of our local delicacies.
Re: I’m A Woman From USA. Tell Me Anything About Your Culture. by starlite101(f): 1:33am On Oct 15, 2021
Hi! I live in NC, too. #GoHeels!! smiley I’m from here, but my dad was in the army so we lived all over. I went to college in GA.

ninasiena:

Right now, I live in North Carolina. I grew up in Boston and went to college in California, though.
Re: I’m A Woman From USA. Tell Me Anything About Your Culture. by MRSAWEDOFF: 8:53am On Oct 16, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGeWAOklF-E

Outsiders have written many books and essays about Igbo and African religions.

A number of inaccurate and disparaging statements have been made in these publications. which has influenced many Igbo and Africans to adopt the same incorrect terminology and have the same beliefs.

Let us correct some of these inaccuracies.

African or Igbo religion is incorrectly referred to be ancestor worship.

This is incorrect because Africans do not revere their ancestors who have passed away.

It is true that long-dead relatives are said to live on and exhibit interest in their living relatives.

These families may demonstrate their faith by erecting shrines to the departed and leaving food or drink there or on their graves, as well as mentioning them in their prayers.

Also, once in a while, Igbo culture permits the celebration of Masquerade or mmanwu festivals, just like the one that happened in this video which took place in Agbgudu, Udi, Enugu state.

These expressions of reverence for the deceased, however, do not imply that they are being worshipped; rather, they demonstrate people's view that the departed of up to four or five generations should not be forgotten.

Acts of worship (such as sacrifices and prayers) are only a part of the African/Igbo religion.

A little element of a larger religious system cannot be considered whole.

Thus, it is incorrect to refer to the African/Igbo religion as "ancestor worship."
Re: I’m A Woman From USA. Tell Me Anything About Your Culture. by Truvelisback(m): 8:49am On Oct 17, 2021
ninasiena:
Hello!
Thanks!
We eat these.

(1) (Reply)

Bigi Tropical Is Back !!!!!! / When Chief Igbinedion Became The Esama of Benin In 1974 / Make A Wish For 2008

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.